Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Rina

^ How was it? ^ O ^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a60X1tkIXng

Welcome to the Cafe of Shaun, 10 hrs edition.

Thank you, Rina :)

You were right ^^ the movie appeals to me greatly(considering its horror/zombie apocalypse theme xD) probably because I enjoyed the sense of humor that overpowered it - the way they turned the usual zombie stuff into a comedy, making fun of it. It made me laugh a lot.
Furthermore, I appreciate how they depicted contemporary society and, honestly, I find the ease with which they integrated zombies in the everyday life in the end - as a bit disturbing... xD so that's the short version of my opinion, mind that I'm a mere casual viewer with no liking for horror/zombies ...yes, seeing gore/violence makes me feel kind of uneasy(I'm such a child..)
I guess comedy makes everything more bearable^^
I should go back a few pages to find the other title of your recommendation list. Thanks again.

yeey!^^ ...but I doubt that I will be able to listen to the whole thing.. xD

last edited at Sep 19, 2016 8:01AM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

modluminati confirmed D:

Nez chan queen elizabeth ii and lizard lady :o

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

@BlackKitty - Glad you enjoyed the movie ^ o ^ The ending when the zombies are so easily integrated into society was supposed to show how zombie-esque the ppl of Britain are becoming at that time, which is a little disturbing in it's own right ^ ^"

Also the other film is called Army of Darkness ^ _ ^

Rina, if you don't mind, I'll respond here, instead of spamming anime thread, since we are going a bit off topic. Don't really have time to properly dissect it right now, so I will do it tomorrow. Also don't worry, I always end up making long posts in threads, but nobody responds to them, so I'm left feeling completely ignored hides in corner

I can't believe I missed this post T ^ T I wouldn't mind the response being posted here tbh.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

I saw it Ulquiorra (well, I saw pretty much every lesbian movie).
It's more like a mindgame, a thriller than a real lesbian movie, but it is pretty good imho. Eva Green is stunning though.

She was gorgeous in this movie. And her last part with Fiamma was too brutal

Btw whats your top 10 lesbian movies?

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Rina

Also the other film is called Army of Darkness ^ _ ^

Thanks! Sometimes my memory isn't very helpful...
It's nice when I manage to steal some movie/anime recommendations from this thread :) Thank you guys! Keep the good job xD

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

It's more like a mindgame, a thriller than a real lesbian movie, but it is pretty good imho. Eva Green is stunning though.

My top 10 ? hmm

Well, obviously in the first place comes the masterpiece Mulholland Drive.
And then, in order :
-Carol
-Naissance des pieuvres (water lilies)
-Children's hour (bitterness ahead)
and then, not in order :

-Saving face
-Circumstance
-Imagine me and you
-Kiss myg
-La belle saison (summertime)
- I can't think straight / the world unseen (couldn't choose)

Honorable mention : Viola di mare; Lost and Delirious, My summer of love.
But I'm saving a place for ah-ga-si, that I'm dying to see. I also look forward to watching Barash and Broken gardenias.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

You know its a good day when "Look it me Im being edgy" is finally over.

Heres to hoping it never gets an S2 so I don't have to sit through another 2 seasons of seeing fanart posts being upvoted to the frontpage on /r/anime and the incessant over-praising of aforementioned anime.

last edited at Sep 19, 2016 8:51PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

My top 10 ? hmm

Well, obviously in the first place comes the masterpiece Mulholland Drive.
And then, in order :
-Carol
-Naissance des pieuvres (water lilies)
-Children's hour (bitterness ahead)
and then, not in order :

-Saving face
-Circumstance
-Imagine me and you
-Kiss myg
-La belle saison (summertime)
- I can't think straight / the world unseen (couldn't choose)

Honorable mention : Viola di mare; Lost and Delirious, My summer of love.
But I'm saving a place for ah-ga-si, that I'm dying to see. I also look forward to watching Barash and Broken gardenias.

I loved Naissance des Pieuvres too. And if I might barge in, I rec Jack & Diane, that's a movie that I greatly enjoyed. (Also, Juno Temple ♥)

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

https://youtu.be/w0vSu-KjPP0

6 hr long music compilation for anyone bored or can't sleep.

last edited at Sep 19, 2016 9:37PM

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

Still can't believe Carmilla is ending (and family guy is still on)

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Indeed, its really sad.

Also, taking extremely long subway rides (relatively) is also part of this job lol.

last edited at Sep 20, 2016 12:52AM

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ PKMN

Hey Miki! (^_^)/
Good to see you're still around! (^____^)
I hope you're doing alright.
I'm sure everyone will be glad to see you again!
(`・ω・´)

@ none

I loved Naissance des Pieuvres too. And if I might barge in, I rec Jack & Diane, that's a movie that I greatly enjoyed.

Guess I'm going to have to watch those movies now... (¬‿¬)

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

See it's games like this that makes gives me faith in humanity, and then there're the comments that reminds me why I despise humanity in general. But then again, it's the internet, where losers try to feel better about their lonely lives by insulting others.

On a more positive note, the most recent entry in the Sakura ____ games by Winged Cloud, Sakura Space, is yuri \o/

last edited at Sep 20, 2016 8:01AM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Rina, may you talk little bit more about why you despise humanity? (I'm wondering if I belong with the people you hate. :D)

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Sakura Dungeon was also yuri.

So was Sakura Fantasy, but that one only got one chapter since it sold poorly (and they put the most effort into it at that time).

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ oliver

@Rina, may you talk little bit more about why you despise humanity? (I'm wondering if I belong with the people you hate. :D)

Don't tell anyone, but she can't stand people who say that The Walking Dead season 6 was stupid ^^ I did. Didn't end well (◦’ںˉ◦)

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Anon,
Ah, so you were the one who made her despise humanity. :D

Oh, I have a question to ask you too. My country people say that German people are racist; like they tend to not want to marry non-german people. Is that true?

last edited at Sep 20, 2016 8:44AM

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ oliver

Oh, I have a question to ask you too. My country people say that German people are racist; like they tend to not want to marry non-german people. Is that true?

To be fair, of course there are racists here in Germany just like in any other country as well.
But generally speaking I wouldn't say that that assumption is true.
There are so many people with foreign backgrounds around... A lot of people from eastern Europe, Turks, Italians, Spanish folks, Americans, Asians... I know a lot of mixed couples... My grandma was German and my grandfather was Italian. My father (who tends to be a little racist sometimes... O_o) had me with a half Italian woman. My aunt was married to a Turkish man. I used to have a Japanese teacher who was married to a German. All of my foreign teachers were married to Germans to be honest... My brother had his longest relationship with an Italian girl. A lot of Polish/Russian mixed couples here...
So, no, I wouldn't say that that statement is true in general here in Germany.

But you still can see things like that quite often in every culture. Birds of a feather flock together, they say. There is some truth to that. People from Arabic cultures like to do that sometimes, same with many Asians or African Americans in the US. Sometimes people are forced to stick together by circumstances. Sometimes they just choose do to so because it's easier most of the time... It's not a rare phenomenon, I'd say.

You study in Austria, right?
It's not too different from Germany...
What's your personal impression?

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

And as always I end up making a relatively long post...

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Rina

eheheh ^^
Sometimes I feel a few anger management issues coming from you... ;)
You just spend too much time on the wrong sites! Just stop that. People can be nice as well, you know.

Just look at this site. So many people from so many different countries and cultures and they still get along quite well mostly.
Negative people are just a little louder and more "in your face" than the rest sometimes...
Doesn't mean that they are the majority.

last edited at Sep 20, 2016 9:29AM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ I tend to type vehemently when it comes to things that I dislike, as observed with the past few...rants that I've made. And on the flip side, I also type passionately about things that I love, as observed from my weekly anime thoughts on my blog. So usually the posts end up being rather long either ways ^ ^"

And that's true, which is why most of my time nowadays are spent here, some specific subreddits like /r/TeraOnline and Tumblr; even Twitter by generally only viewing my dash, or feedly for looking through seiyuu blog entries.

last edited at Sep 20, 2016 9:29AM

joined Jun 22, 2016

^ You even got so passionate about that game that you totally missed a long lost member suddenly showing up again... ^^

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ I did notice her appearing again...but I didn't know what to say ^ ^" it's reassuring to know that she is doing well.

And well, the game touches upon 2 things that I love, yuri and incest (siblings); naturally I would be affected adversely by any negative comments that might affect the odds of the game ever getting made or added to Steam.

last edited at Sep 20, 2016 9:36AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Hey everyone, Miki here. Or should I say Pokemon Ranger Miki now?

Welcome back! ^_^ yeey :)

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Rina

Just say hi! (◦’ںˉ◦)v

I'm part Italian. So I totally understand where you're coming from. I tend to get a little too passionate about stuff as well sometimes. But just try to cut some slack on other people who get passionate about things you don't like or don't wanna hear. Of course there are some really unreasonable people with questionable views around. Especially in some comment sections. But that's a part of life as well. And I'm also pretty sure most of these people wouldn't be so bad if you met them in real life. Some just like to type a lot before they really think...

On another note... you seem to be an only child, huh...? ^^

last edited at Sep 20, 2016 9:56AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.