Forum › Scanlator Recruiting & Project Discussion

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

I saved your email if you wanna remove it from your post, so you don't get spam and whatnot.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

drpepperfan posted:

If it was of good quality, I'd probably think about uploading it, what with the long wait till it's released. But it's a hazy area. Even if we don't host it, there'd probably be other people who'd want to read it regardless. Although I'd recommend people buy the licensed versions when they come out too.

Or not everyone is living in America, so reading it online is the only way to read it at all. And Dynasty isn't the only existing hosting site, but I can understand people that only uses this site.

last edited at Jun 13, 2016 1:37PM

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

@Nevri
Well it's so convenient not having to sift through all the... ugh... het... to get to the good stuff, you know? ;D

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

@Nevri

Lol Ropponmatsu hit the nail on the head. At any rate though, I plan on posting our work to other manga sites as well. You won't be forgotten! Good point though...

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

The scanlators of http://dynasty-scans.com/series/in_the_closet are in need of someone to help proofread the english script. Being able to read Thai would help, but isn't necessary. Lemme know in this thread or that one if you'd be interested.

AbyssalScepter
Kaga
joined Apr 23, 2016

The scanlators of http://dynasty-scans.com/series/in_the_closet are in need of someone to help proofread the english script. Being able to read Thai would help, but isn't necessary. Lemme know in this thread or that one if you'd be interested.

Looks like I'm a bit late, if they still need help I could help 'em. I can't read Thai, but I could proofread English.

Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

We at Payapaya Scans are trying our best to pick up the pace with Yurika's Campus Life releases, and we could use additional translator help. Anyone with some experience who's willing to help out, please e-mail me at troid@payapaya-scans.com.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Anyone interested in picking up Umi no Cradle? It's the typical Gender Bender like Shoujen Oujo, I love it.

last edited at Sep 10, 2016 4:42AM

joined Aug 24, 2016

I don't really know if I'm supposed to thread this here or not...but I am a native English speaker, and have extstensive knowledge of grammar, word flow, spelling, and literature so, proofreading is something I could contribute to. I have an exceptional amount of free time and I spend most of that reading yuri manga on here anyways. I can contribute to quality checking as well if needed, when it comes to the language, many native speakers are not aware of the mechanics and often make mistakes, and while it's understandable as human nature, I believe I could be useful in getting out chapters.
I'm not skiddish when it comes to pointing out needless repetitions, errors, or awkward sentences. Creative criticism in writing is a very important part of the process in achieving a successful work, I would love to help out, and as a fan of anime & manga, I can empathisize with readers in the wait time, that being the case, if I can shorten that by even an hour, it would be wonderful. I'm willing to show my abilities beforehand if requested. I may not have experience in a group yet, but I do possess the capabilities necessary to assure an excellent reading experience.
Regardless of whether you consider me or not, thank you for your time, and thank you for making it possible for the fans over in the states to peruse because it really is appreciated, all of you are awesome!
-PR

NotLemon Uploader
Av200
joined May 10, 2016

Hey,
Looking for a translator for cute witch doing cute things:
http://dynasty-scans.com/series/gendai_majo_no_shuushoku_jijou
I'm prioritising some of my other series at the moment so not really got time to TL this one. I can handle everything else.

I'll be on IRC or can contact me somewhere in here: http://tanksare.moe/contact/

Thanks!

last edited at Oct 3, 2016 1:13AM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Kawaii Scans is currently looking for editors to help with Ayame 14: https://almostkawaii.wordpress.com/2016/10/05/series-update/

Anime_ce15fe_5639786
joined Nov 24, 2016

This post is for Lililicious. I used to be an editor in a scanlation group, but I haven't edited anything in 4 years. I'd like to pick editing up again and join Lililicious. I sent an email to the address that was listed on your contact page, but I haven't heard back. I don't use IRC, so that's why I'm posting here. It's a long shot but maybe someone will see it or at least someone else will let you know.

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

This post is for Lililicious. I used to be an editor in a scanlation group, but I haven't edited anything in 4 years. I'd like to pick editing up again and join Lililicious. I sent an email to the address that was listed on your contact page, but I haven't heard back. I don't use IRC, so that's why I'm posting here. It's a long shot but maybe someone will see it or at least someone else will let you know.

Thanks for getting in touch! Could you email me at (email address removed)? Sorry about the lack of response to your email at the other address, the person who checks that one has been really busy with IRL stuff these past few months.

last edited at Nov 25, 2016 9:52PM

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

drpepperfan posted:

Kawaii Scans is currently looking for editors to help with Ayame 14: https://almostkawaii.wordpress.com/2016/10/05/series-update/

Guess who's currently typesetting and qc-ing the next chapter now? ;)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

gwennie-chan posted:

I feel sorry for whoever had to do the cleaning for that one, lol.

Anime_ce15fe_5639786
joined Nov 24, 2016

Thanks for getting in touch! Could you email me at [...] Sorry about the lack of response to your email at the other address, the person who checks that one has been really busy with IRL stuff these past few months.

I sent you an email, so you can remove your email address. :)

joined Jul 22, 2015

Alice Cheshire posted:

gwennie-chan posted:

I feel sorry for whoever had to do the cleaning for that one, lol.

Oh it was me too. It was a BITCH. But completely done.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 25, 2016

Short of using tamper monkey and grease monkey, it would be nice if there was a way to change the color scheme of the site. Specifically I was thinking of a darker color scheme to it's easier on the eyes.

joined Jul 22, 2015

Ballerdin posted:

Short of using tamper monkey and grease monkey, it would be nice if there was a way to change the color scheme of the site. Specifically I was thinking of a darker color scheme to it's easier on the eyes.

It would be much much easier to use Stylish and have a CSS userstyle.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 25, 2016

It would be much much easier to use Stylish and have a CSS userstyle.

That's not a bad idea either, I'll just go with that. Thanks.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

gwennie-chan posted:

The volume 1 extras were the only chapter I've cleaned since joining Kawaii that I didn't enjoy at all, lol. That series is one of the most tedious things ever. (Though the two page spread I recently did for Miss Sunflower was pretty challenging too. That one I enjoyed however.)

joined Jul 22, 2015

Alice Cheshire posted:

gwennie-chan posted:

The volume 1 extras were the only chapter I've cleaned since joining Kawaii that I didn't enjoy at all, lol. That series is one of the most tedious things ever. (Though the two page spread I recently did for Miss Sunflower was pretty challenging too. That one I enjoyed however.)

You should check out the raws I had to clean.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I'm just gauging interest here, but would people be interested in something like the first post in this thread, only comprehensive? I'm thinking a classifieds page released once or twice a month that lists all current yuri scanlators and what positions they're looking to fill. Also, would list freelancers looking for work.

No project lists though, just teams.

Could be part of a website later where groups can change stuff between postings, create like job postings, teams form, etc. For now, though, just seeing what people think of the classifieds.

You seem familiar, have we met on the internet before?

last edited at Dec 1, 2016 1:32AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

gwennie-chan posted:

Oh whoops, I saw this right before going to bed the other day and forgot to check it out the next morning, lol. That chapter actually looks even more tedious to clean than the one I did. If you managed to stick that thing through to the end then I commend you.

joined Jul 22, 2015

Alice Cheshire posted:

gwennie-chan posted:

Oh whoops, I saw this right before going to bed the other day and forgot to check it out the next morning, lol. That chapter actually looks even more tedious to clean than the one I did. If you managed to stick that thing through to the end then I commend you.

I stuck through it and turned it into a redrawn, clean set of pages.

To reply you must either login or sign up.