Forum › Anime season

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Hahahaha oh fuck!
Took me long enough but i finally started watching The Big-O... This opening is almost as perfect as GaoGaiGar's!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

CAN YOU STOP THE SHIPPING BUS?! NEXT STOP... DOUJIN PARADE!

Love live 09 http://i.imgur.com/QNWWsOU.jpg

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Don't tell me that the theories that Black is actually Goten were fucking right

Masako2
joined Jul 6, 2012

I then saw 3 episodes of Amanchu, and not much have happened but it seems... fluffy? It's got this light feel to it. and the art style is very different from anything I've ever seen. Mc's the most blushy thing I've seen in a while, it's rather endearing. The cat (?) is the strangest depiction of a cat I've seen. Oh, and I think the sensei's hella cool

The manga Amanchu is by the same mangaka who did Aqua and Aria. That same weird looking cat is in the manga and anime of Aria. There is a yuri crush in Aria. I love the anime. It has beautiful art, good music and a sweet lyrical quality to it that I find calming and relaxing.
If you don't like those weird chibi faces that Hikari frequently has, you won't like Aria.

last edited at Aug 28, 2016 9:50AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I then saw 3 episodes of Amanchu, and not much have happened but it seems... fluffy? It's got this light feel to it. and the art style is very different from anything I've ever seen. Mc's the most blushy thing I've seen in a while, it's rather endearing. The cat (?) is the strangest depiction of a cat I've seen. Oh, and I think the sensei's hella cool

The manga Amanchu is by the same mangaka who did Aqua and Aria. That same weird looking cat is in the manga and anime of Aria. There is a yuri crush in Aria. I love the anime. It has beautiful art, good music and a sweet lyrical quality to it that I find calming and relaxing.
If you don't like those weird chibi faces that Hikari frequently has, you won't like Aria.

As I recall, the cat in Aria was based on the author's (deceased) cat.

As to the yuri crush, I'm assuming you mean Aika idolizing Alicia. That kinda falls by the wayside when she starts being attracted to Al instead, and she's het as hell for the rest of the series. Everyone else (except Akatsuki) seems kinda sexless and innocent, and even with triple-strength yuri goggles it's hard to see much in the actual text.

It is sweet and lyrical and utterly charming though. Didn't care for the anime since the animation in most of it wasn't very high quality (watch how the feet slide on the ground for instance, that's shoddy work), but the manga is incredible. One thing I do give kudos to the anime for though is doing stories with more background on how Aqua became a water planet to start with.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

• Yeah...about that...

• MGPrecure 29 was the funniest thing ever XD And the girls now sleep in the same bed yay!

• Boy am I glad to see Glad-beasts in arc-v, hopefully we get some new good support!

• I think we got some canon yuri in Ange Virge now wincest lol

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Is anyone watching 91 Days?
It's like the Italian mafia with a hint of The Count of Monte Cristo, it's really great

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

isnt there like this ONE guy that's getting all of their attention
Btw, this is an amazing sub parody of that anime: https://streamable.com/56gn

Anyone know where can I get more of these ^

:D

joined Sep 21, 2014

isnt there like this ONE guy that's getting all of their attention
Btw, this is an amazing sub parody of that anime: https://streamable.com/56gn

Anyone know where can I get more of these ^

:D

I have no idea where my friend found the vid but it's great isn't it :')
I want an entire anime like this

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Thank GOD Koichi is finally free from that stupid hair

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Next season in yuri (subtext):

Brave Witches: Like Strike Witches, but brave. Seriously though, it's following different characters but has the same staff

Flip Flappers: Heavy Trigger inspiration aside, it's a magical girl series about a pair of close friends. And it looks like there might be some sort of fusion aspect to the transformation? They switch hair colours, at least

Girlish Number: Maybe. It's about female idols but there is a notable male presence and the writer is best known for Oregairu

Idol Memories: Seems to be aimed directly at older Aikatsu fans, who tend to be into yuri. And it doesn't have much of a male presence

Long Riders: Seems to be a CGDCT anime with more bicycles. Be pretty surprised if the lead didn't get subtext with her childhood friend

Lostorage incited WIXOSS: More WIXOSS, focusing on a pair of girls this time. On the other hand, the PV makes it look like there's significant male presence. Staff is pretty different from the earlier series

Magical Girl Raising Project: Maybe? Don't really know much about it. No male presence to speak of, though

Shuumatsu no Izetta: This one is partially selling itself on being yuri-ish. And, hey, variety

Soushin Shoujo Matoi: Magical girl, childhood friends, etc. And the director seems to like yuri

Stella No Mahou: Season's requisite CGDCT series. Has the director of Non Non Biyori, so it might be worth watching even if it turns out low on yuri

Vivid Strike: It's a Nanoha series... which have never been anywhere near as gay as the fandom would have you think. Not sure if it's going to be any good, either; the PV was worryingly low-budget and the director is a poor choice (great at comedy but poor outside of it, and this looks fairly dark)

SB69 and Eupho sequels this season, too, and we should be getting more Regalia around the time the season starts. Also, Gundam (not yuri, just awesome)

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Flip Flappers: Heavy Trigger inspiration aside, it's a magical girl series about a pair of close friends. And it looks like there might be some sort of fusion aspect to the transformation? They switch hair colours, at least

"Fusion aspect" never bodes well for me. It's usually more of the "kissing to gain powerzzzz" kind of thing rather than "kissing because we FUCKING WANT TO" kind of thing. Also, what is Heavy Trigger? I Googled it, but I can't find any info on it.

Girlish Number: Maybe. It's about female idols but there is a notable male presence and the writer is best known for Oregairu

Eh, I'm not gonna risk it unless yuri word of mouth comes from Dynasty or some other place.

Idol Memories: Seems to be aimed directly at older Aikatsu fans, who tend to be into yuri. And it doesn't have much of a male presence

Does Aikatsu have a lot of yuri? I heard it doesn't have too much, quite unusual for a CGDCT anime... the pairings sure are pretty popular though.

Magical Girl Raising Project: Maybe? Don't really know much about it. No male presence to speak of, though

Isn't that the Battle Royale with magical girls thing? I don't have much hope for yuri if they're all going to be killing each other.

Shuumatsu no Izetta: This one is partially selling itself on being yuri-ish. And, hey, variety

The trailer looks fairly interesting... I can't really tell what it's gonna be about from the trailer, but I'm intrigued.

Soushin Shoujo Matoi: Magical girl, childhood friends, etc. And the director seems to like yuri

What yuri has the director done? From his MAL page, it seems like all he's done is Strawberry Panic and the SonoHana OVA. Everything else is not yuri (as far as I can tell anyway).

Stella No Mahou: Season's requisite CGDCT series. Has the director of Non Non Biyori, so it might be worth watching even if it turns out low on yuri

I could have sworn this thing had the same writer as New Game, but apparently I was wrong! I guess it's just because New Game is cute girls making video games while this thing is cute girls making video games... in high school.

Vivid Strike: It's a Nanoha series... which have never been anywhere near as gay as the fandom would have you think. Not sure if it's going to be any good, either; the PV was worryingly low-budget and the director is a poor choice (great at comedy but poor outside of it, and this looks fairly dark)

The Nanoha series is not as gay as I had always heard it was? I guess that's one less anime in my backlog then!

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Also, what is Heavy Trigger?

Ah, you were parsing that wrong. I meant that it looks like it's taking heavy inspiration from the works of Studio Trigger (Kill la Kill, Little Witch Academia, etc.)

The trailer looks fairly interesting... I can't really tell what it's gonna be about from the trailer, but I'm intrigued.

It's set in 1940 in technically-not-Europe. Guess

What yuri has the director done? From his MAL page, it seems like all he's done is Strawberry Panic and the SonoHana OVA. Everything else is not yuri (as far as I can tell anyway).

Sora no Method was pretty heavy on the subtext towards the end. And the fact that he has open yuri on his resume at all is fairly unusual

The Nanoha series is not as gay as I had always heard it was? I guess that's one less anime in my backlog then!

There's one big moment at the end of the first season; you have to really squint to get anything else

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Ah, you were parsing that wrong. I meant that it looks like it's taking heavy inspiration from the works of Studio Trigger (Kill la Kill, Little Witch Academia, etc.)

Ah, that makes much more sense. Kill la Kill and Academia were both quality anime, so I'm hoping this thing will be a good show too.

It's set in 1940 in technically-not-Europe. Guess

Not-World War II, huh? Sounds pretty good to me. Valkyria Chronicles' Not-WWII was done pretty well (man, I need to finish that game some time), so hopefully this anime will have a good Not-WWII story too.

Sora no Method was pretty heavy on the subtext towards the end. And the fact that he has open yuri on his resume at all is fairly unusual

Right, that is true, considering how little yuri anime there is out there as well as the stigma and all...

There's one big moment at the end of the first season; you have to really squint to get anything else

I have very finely tuned yuri goggles, but I don't know if it's really worth watching if there's no explicit yuri in it... I guess I'll just stick to the doujins and treat them as canon (even if I won't really understand what's happening).

last edited at Sep 3, 2016 12:39AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Isn't that the Battle Royale with magical girls thing? I don't have much hope for yuri if they're all going to be killing each other.

omg it is that anime, ive been keeping that series in mind (tho i forgot the title) since I've read about it once, it sounds fucking awesome, I love battle royales
Tho I guess seeing magical girls die/suffer despair brings me down :/ but at least you see girls fight and being strong and all, I'm hyped

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I write all that up, then they announce another one >_<

Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume is basically a shounen sports series but with cute girls. And you know how fujoshi love sports anime?

joined Sep 21, 2014

I write all that up, then they announce another one >_<

Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume is basically a shounen sports series but with cute girls. And you know how fujoshi love sports anime?

B-Because the usually mainly male cast's passion, rivalry and obsession with each other creates seemingly homosexual tension?

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Also, Gundam (not yuri, just awesome)

Hey, if Atra and Kudelia are in it as much as last time, there may be more of Atra being gay for Kudelia like Season 1 of IBO had a lot of that in the second half*.

*Disclaimer: My eyes are fused with yuri goggles.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The new episode of Love Live was soooooooooooooo Good

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Dropped a bunch of anime soon after episodes 3's.

Only kept on with Amanchu!, New Game, Amaama to Inazuma (which I am "eeh" on, it's trying too hard to be that "heartwarming anime" thing), and giving a recommendation on Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! because it turned out to be much more entertaining that expected.

last edited at Sep 3, 2016 3:29PM

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Next season in yuri (subtext):

Brave Witches: Like Strike Witches, but brave. Seriously though, it's following different characters but has the same staff

Long Riders: Seems to be a CGDCT anime with more bicycles. Be pretty surprised if the lead didn't get subtext with her childhood friend

Lostorage incited WIXOSS: More WIXOSS, focusing on a pair of girls this time. On the other hand, the PV makes it look like there's significant male presence. Staff is pretty different from the earlier series

[b]**Stella No Mahou**[/b]: Season's requisite CGDCT series. Has the director of Non Non Biyori, so it might be worth watching even if it turns out low on yuri

SB69 and Eupho sequels this season, too, and we should be getting more Regalia around the time the season starts. Also, Gundam (not yuri, just awesome)

Being published in Kirara is also a big plus, with no male presence you can almost always expect yuri undertones in those manga.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Holy **** ....no...it has to be a platonic thing right? uh...right? no way...

Aw dang it! I was going to quit idol anime for a while as soon as LL!S ended >_>

Does Aikatsu have a lot of yuri? I heard it doesn't have too much, quite unusual for a CGDCT anime... the pairings sure are pretty popular though.

There's some. It's kinda hard to give a fair example since some episodes seem right out of something from Kirara and other times is just regular idol stuff.
Madoka and Rin have a legit date in S4, Akari spends the 1st half of the S3's 1st episode "admiring" her new roommate, Sora flirts with Ran and Maria sometimes in S2, Aoi and Ichigo have a lot of questionable moments in S1 and Yurika at least has a crush on Ran. This is canon and there are little moments like that throughout the series not to mention AoixIchigo is canon now Kappa Stars on the other hand...

I have very finely tuned yuri goggles, but I don't know if it's really worth watching if there's no explicit yuri in it... I guess I'll just stick to the doujins and treat them as canon (even if I won't really understand what's happening).

Just watch the movies and see if you like them, I think they are worth it. 1st movie = Season 1 - 2nd movie = S2...kinda.

Thanks again, Hylarn ^_^

last edited at Sep 7, 2016 1:46AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I was waiting to see how it played out to say anything, but, yeah, that surprised me. The show's been gay enough and that relationship romantic enough that I can see them going through with it, though

Just watch the movies and see if you like them, I think they are worth it. 1st movie = Season 1 - 2nd movie = S2...kinda.

Conveniently, the first two series are the ones people actually like

last edited at Sep 5, 2016 3:18AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Oh! BUD VIRGIN LOGIC will be in SB69 S2 cool! I like that band...now put in a couple more of the girl-bands so we have more "material". And I'm honestly confused on why they haven't introduced a new band in the shorts, it seems so obvious...

I was waiting to see how it played out to say anything, but, yeah, that surprised me. The show's been gay enough and that relationship romantic enough that I can see them going through with it, though

I "kyaa'd" like a girl and I'm 110% sure my parents heard me, of course I'm gonna mention it! I'm going to stay in denial until the next episode...I don't want my heart broken. Still waiting on that HanaRuby tho...

last edited at Sep 5, 2016 4:25AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.