Forum › The Private Report on My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness discussion

Nya
joined Nov 16, 2015

Just a little question. Does she have Bulimia or Binge-eating disorder?

Because when it's Bulimia, a person will eat a lot, and force themselves to puke and take out all that food afterwards because they don't want to gain any weight, but when it comes to Binge-eating, they just have these episodes wherein they eat an abnormally big amount of food.

Does MC-chan not want to gain weight, or does she just eat a lot? If it's the latter, then there's a possibility that it might be Binge-eating instead of Bulimia. I'm not sure about this though, since I never really am sure about anything. If it's the former, please explain. Maybe my knowledge about eating disorders is just limited and that I'm accusing something falsely.(Wait, why am I worrying about a minor detail...? -__-)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Just a little question. Does she have Bulimia or Binge-eating disorder?

Quite possibly neither. Pretty certain in her case the eating issues aren't a disorder in and of themselves, but rather a symptom of a different underlying disorder (such as depression, but it doesn't have to be that). So the actual behaviour can change, such as switching from eating a lot to not eating at all and back again, depending on circumstances, but still reflect the same root issue.

joined Jun 21, 2015

Well, this has been a very interesting if it's not difficult reading experience I've ever had in Dynasty. I like how thorough the mangaka described her struggle, what she felt, and how rowdy the inside of her mind. It's like she's showing us her experience through her pov, not from some scientific or medical approach. Maybe that's the reason why so many readers here feel related to her in some way. I just hope the author feels happy with her situation now, and not feeling overwhelmed with the sudden gain of fame and all.

Upside-down-legomd
joined Jun 13, 2015

I don't get how lesbians are related to this story yet, seems like it was kinda just shoved in there because of a whim

Well, it is autobiographical. So...not really.

Yeah it's making a lot more sense now. From motherly comfort and realisation of the lack of interest in males leads to this

Anime-anime-boy-black-and-white-boy-favim.com-1570867
joined May 7, 2014

She's weird, but I love her.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I really like this. It's a fascinating read. Wish I could articulate my thoughts on it better. Maybe I will get it together by time the next chapter appears here.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

This is like the irl version of Kuroki Tomoko when she grown up.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Tiroskan posted:

I kinda... don't care about whats going on in this manga.
Anyone knows whats ahead? Is there Yuri in this? if so from which chapter?

This manga is kinda hard to understand for anyone who hasn't gone through depression, as someone who suffers from it a lot I think this manga is a masterpiece so far.
But the Yuri here isn't really the point.

Ppl go through things. I've experience shit myself, and still am. I've had family members who have gone through hard things, stuff much harder to cope with than what is going on in the manga.
Either way, it does not mean that I will automatically care for this.

Was just asking if yuri happens at any point and when, in case anyone knows, cuz I don't have much interest on this as it is. Unless yuri comes into the mix.

You still sort of sounded like a dick.

And nobody wants dicks on Dynasty.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

themusicman500 posted:

I love this work so much. The author's mind is incredibly beautiful.

I wouldn't go as far as this.

I think she has issues and she was able to put them into words and drawings, probably as some kind of self-therapy for her.

I wouldn't describe the mind of someone struggling with depression and all kinds of disorders, as "beautiful". She's (or was) obviously very ill.

Her mind is more like "a wreck" and hopefully, "trying to rebuild itself" and get better.

joined Oct 20, 2015

I like this. Even though it pains me to read this.

2015-01-21%2018.42.01%20copy
joined Dec 10, 2015

thats was so real, nothing beats real human emotion

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Nya-chan posted:

themusicman500 posted:

I think she has issues and she was able to put them into words and drawings, probably as some kind of self-therapy for her.

I wouldn't describe the mind of someone struggling with depression and all kinds of disorders, as "beautiful". She's (or was) obviously very ill.

Her mind is more like "a wreck" and hopefully, "trying to rebuild itself" and get better.

To add just a bit more to this, i'd say her method of expressing her struggles through her passion of art, plus the resolve she built to get this out is definitely what i'd describe as "beautiful", plus her art style can be ridiculously cute,(look for her drawing of a bunch of mini versions of herself snuggling with cough-drops as an example)

That is what I meant, thank you. I don't believe that something that is flawed or even abominable cannot be beautiful, because beauty is not necessarily a holistic trait. The mind of the author has caused pain and it is clearly tremendously flawed in terms of how it has served its owner's happiness, yet it has also given birth to wonderful art. My mother and my sister are artists also, and they too suffer from mental illness, yet in the ways that they enrich others' lives with their personal kindness and in the beauty of the art they produce, I simply cannot describe their minds as anything other than beautiful. Please don't think I am honoring the author's pain and loneliness as a "good" thing when I say that.

joined Apr 26, 2016

So is she agender like did she say nonbinary on Twitter
Sorry just trans girl thoughts
And this was sort of relatable. One difference was I realized I would never be a functioning member of society and went on disability

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

themusicman500 posted:

She's still pretty fucked up. Judging from her twitter.
But I like it.

So is she agender like did she say nonbinary on Twitter
Sorry just trans girl thoughts
And this was sort of relatable. One difference was I realized I would never be a functioning member of society and went on disability

She's a female.

last edited at Aug 29, 2016 9:38AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Nope, she's genderqueer.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I wouldn't like a disccusion about that here, and the author doesn't like to be labeled anyway so...

This is like the irl version of Kuroki Tomoko when she grown up.

Hmmm I don't know, during school everything was fine... Becoming an adult was the problem, Kuroki was a mess since puberty

joined Sep 15, 2013

The entire second chapter was an eye opener for me, like damn.

Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

This manga is kinda hard to understand for anyone who hasn't gone through depression, as someone who suffers from it a lot I think this manga is a masterpiece so far.

Ppl go through things. I've experience shit myself, and still am. I've had family members who have gone through hard things, stuff much harder to cope with than what is going on in the manga.

Was just asking if yuri happens at any point and when, in case anyone knows, cuz I don't have much interest on this as it is. Unless yuri comes into the mix.

I'm not trying to dismiss your, or your families, hardships, nor am I looking to put words in your mouth, but depression is not the same thing as dealing with difficulties in your life, or feeling sorry for yourself, or going through emotionally challenging ordeals. It's a physical, chemical imbalance in your brain. The mind is a finely tuned instrument that controls our entire perception of the world, but it's also quite delicate; any malfunctions in it can potentially turn a person's normal life into a living hell. A person's circumstances are more of a correlation to the issue, rather than an actual causation.

Again, I haven't a single clue as to what you or your family has been through, and I'm not trying to downplay it in any way, but claiming to "have been through shit" does not imply that you personally understand depression. I'm not denying the possibility that you were referring to depression itself, but it seems naive to try and compare the severity of mental anguish to other cases, as the whole concept is just so intangible.

I apologize for the rant, which may come off as potentially very rude, but depression is so misunderstood by most people, yet everyone acts like they know all about it, or have "been through it" personally. I felt like just getting this out there, even at the risk of pissing some people off.

As for whether there's yuri in future chapters, I can quite confidently say that if you aren't getting anything out of this story so far, then even if there is yuri in future chapters, it won't be presented or contribute to the story in a way that will change your opinion of this manga. I think you can safely drop it.

Mini%20buns%20iconn
joined Aug 29, 2016

I was expecting a yuri, but damn.. This comic is way too relatable to the point it's so terrifying.
I can relate to her very well, though I didnt have depression as severe and as extreme as her. Few of it is the "2 year after happiness, my head feels empty and it feels as if i'd forgotten to close the latch somewhere on my head", the parents who arent so supportive of her decision as a mangaka, and the lesbian brothel part..
I keep finding myself browsing over and interested in the exact same thing, but I never really have the courage to go to such place. Heck, my parents would be dead shocked and I'm still a college student.
I hope I would know what will happen to her once she visited the lesb brothel soon.

I'll be waiting for the update of this comic! Thank you very much for translating and scanlating this great comic!

joined Oct 12, 2013

Tiroskan posted:

You still sort of sounded like a dick.

And nobody wants dicks on Dynasty.

fukken saved

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I'm not trying to dismiss your, or your families, hardships, nor am I looking to put words in your mouth, but depression is not the same thing as dealing with difficulties in your life, or feeling sorry for yourself, or going through emotionally challenging ordeals. It's a physical, chemical imbalance in your brain. The mind is a finely tuned instrument that controls our entire perception of the world, but it's also quite delicate; any malfunctions in it can potentially turn a person's normal life into a living hell. A person's circumstances are more of a correlation to the issue, rather than an actual causation.

Again, I haven't a single clue as to what you or your family has been through, and I'm not trying to downplay it in any way, but claiming to "have been through shit" does not imply that you personally understand depression. I'm not denying the possibility that you were referring to depression itself, but it seems naive to try and compare the severity of mental anguish to other cases, as the whole concept is just so intangible.

I apologize for the rant, which may come off as potentially very rude, but depression is so misunderstood by most people, yet everyone acts like they know all about it, or have "been through it" personally. I felt like just getting this out there, even at the risk of pissing some people off.

As for whether there's yuri in future chapters, I can quite confidently say that if you aren't getting anything out of this story so far, then even if there is yuri in future chapters, it won't be presented or contribute to the story in a way that will change your opinion of this manga. I think you can safely drop it.

Maybe you should have stated it as a general comment, because you are directing this at me. And you yourself said it, you know nothing of me nor my family.

I don't need your lecturing, I am not ignorant to this topic.

last edited at Aug 29, 2016 12:10PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Anyways, that aside.
Seems like Yuri does take a part(?) (reading comments) in this, does anyone actually know when? Still, pretty nebulous comments, I just want to know.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Anyways, that aside.
Seems like Yuri does take a part(?) (reading comments) in this, does anyone actually know when? Still, pretty nebulous comments, I just want to know.

Honestly don't think it will, based on the table of content of the book.

It literally just: introduction, before going to the brothel, during, after and afterward. Unless she identified her sexuality and hook up on someone right at the end, but I doubt it (she probably will not mention out of privacy of her gf if that is the case)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Anyways, that aside.

I doubt there will be yuri in the sense of an actual relationship. Maybe an offhand comment about her later life but that's about it. The main yuri event is a female-bodied individual going to a lesbian prostitute, as it says in the title. The likelihood of romance is somewhere south of nil.

Note that I haven't read anything but what's on the reader, but I'd call it an educated guess that this is all we're getting.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Maybe you should have stated it as a general comment, because you are directing this at me. And you yourself said it, you know nothing of me nor my family.

I don't need your lecturing, I am not ignorant to this topic.

What's with your need to be a dick about it? Some of us relate to this on a personal level and are quite passionate about the understanding of it. You clearly don't share said passion, but that doesn't mean you have to be a dick about it.

You went through some shit and came out fine. Good on you. I'm honestly happy of it. Not all of us are as lucky and the guy that commented that before was just trying to make you understand why some of us feel personal about this.

To answer your question, no. There's no yuri on this. But there's plenty of it all over dynasty scans. Surely you'll find what you're looking for

To reply you must either login or sign up.