Forum › Gal and Otaku can't understand each other discussion

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

wow what a surprise i like a story with no yuri tag in it because it has better plot than the yuri tagged ones

That is sadly a correct statement.
I'm looking at you Citrus!

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Last page : Critical hit to the heart. <3

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

takes off wig to reveal slightly shorter hair of the exact same color
What is it with manga and forgetting that extensions are a thing and they're a hell of a lot easier and more real-looking than wigs?

In this case the wig is used to shorten her fringe, otherwise her hair usually covers her right eye and prevents people from recognising her. Somewhat surprised that the fans can't recognise Ten without her right eye though

Definitely should have worn glasses. That would do the trick. Ask Mr. Kent.

joined Jul 22, 2016

Kyun. Haha, as a former idol otaku aka wota... I kind of get those feelings. Haha, though of course, living in the US, it's a bit harder to go to concerts of J-idols.

Nlridingaa
joined Aug 15, 2016

Quite a funny setup, I want to see more. I do wonder why she needs a wig rather then just fixing her hair tho haha.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

She's gonna support Otonashi for the rest of her life, now that's how you propose!

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Wait, has Saotome met the idol at a concert before? When Ten/Otonashi greeted the other guys, seems like she's met them before at other concerts/events. If Saotome has met Ten before, than Otonashi should already know of Saotome's idol fangirling no? @_@

joined May 23, 2015

The "otaku" in the title (and the title in general) is really referring to the characters as seen by people from the outside (ie, the rest of the class). Otonashi is an otaku in that she's the socially awkward girl in the class with no friends. Who would probably be assumed to have otaku hobbies, though none are really explicitly shown in the story.

joined Aug 19, 2012

Is it actually yuri? I like the story but I'm still curious cause it's not tagged as such :0

that particular author draws alot of yuri, so it should be.

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

Woah ... So she is gay for her fangirl! XD

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

Wait, has Saotome met the idol at a concert before? When Ten/Otonashi greeted the other guys, seems like she's met them before at other concerts/events. If Saotome has met Ten before, than Otonashi should already know of Saotome's idol fangirling no? @_@

They've met at hand shaking events before, yeah. I guess Otonashi just played along in the first chapter, since it would be odd for her to already know.

joined May 23, 2015

Is it actually yuri? I like the story but I'm still curious cause it's not tagged as such :0

Whatever their other works may be, this particular one doesn't really ever get any yuri elements. Or even really any particularly subtext ones. Just extreme fangirling.

I'm sure someone will find some way to read some into it, though.

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

Whatever their other works may be, this particular one doesn't really ever get any yuri elements. Or even really any particularly subtext ones. Just extreme fangirling.

I'm sure someone will find some way to read some into it, though.

I respectfully disagree. :D

There's the part where Saotome thinks Otonashi has a boyfriend, and cries all night about it. And when Otonashi gets annoyed by the thought of Saotome fawning over some other idol.

last edited at Aug 22, 2016 7:15AM

joined May 23, 2015

To me, that just seems like typical idol fan and lonely person with no other friends stuff more than anything else, really.

The manager does start to vaguely give of some vibes similar to the locodol manager in last month's chapter, though. But it's still really only vaguely.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I am surprised the translator didn't go off for another page on non-canonical shipping. :)

Wolfsister%20cara
joined Feb 10, 2013

They've met at hand shaking events before, yeah. I guess Otonashi just played along in the first chapter, since it would be odd for her to already know.

Not necessarily. Note that during the concerts the Gal girl come without makeup and in "battle clothes", so it may go unnoticed for Otonashi just as Otonashi was unperceived by Saotome...

She was also shocked when Saotome finds it (dynasty-scans.com/chapters/gal_and_otaku_cant_understand_each_other_ch01#14) simply reacts rapidly.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

She probably knew since before the beginning of the story. The only thing that changed was that by the end of chapter one she had evidence of it that she could hang over Saotome's head.

last edited at Aug 22, 2016 8:07PM

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Well, even if the translator's personality isn't getting better (presumably), at least his translation is. This was a good chapter and... much more legible than the previous chapters, or maybe that was just me. I'll have to use that angel excuse one day.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Not necessarily. Note that during the concerts the Gal girl come without makeup and in "battle clothes", so it may go unnoticed for Otonashi just as Otonashi was unperceived by Saotome...

She was also shocked when Saotome finds it (dynasty-scans.com/chapters/gal_and_otaku_cant_understand_each_other_ch01#14) simply reacts rapidly.

I think her shock came from being found out, not cus it was Saotome lol. She already knows that Satome is a Ten fan anyway

Panty%20from%20p.s.w.g
joined Jul 10, 2015

Omg I'm dying!! I love this so much!!

Also the yuri is great...subtle...but great!! XD

last edited at Aug 23, 2016 1:56AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

A wild idol appears ! And damn, she is dumb, actually believing that "angel" excuse. XD

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

Ten Ten looks like Mayuyu in the last page. lol

last edited at Aug 23, 2016 8:30AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

A wild idol appears ! And damn, she is dumb, actually believing that "angel" excuse. XD

Ten uses Random Bullshit! It's super effective! Micchi is confused!

On a related note I'm 50/50 on whether Mahoro is unflappably laid-back or just dumb as post...

joined Jul 22, 2016

Micchi probably could've saved herself by being like: "Mou~ Ten, Micchi is from Planet Micchi~" or something like that though. Haha, she's interesting.

To reply you must either login or sign up.