Forum › A Love Smeared In Ashes discussion

Thousand Scars
Hair_stars
joined Apr 14, 2016

A cute blush is not enough to redeem the black-haired girl. She's like a three-year-old who hates their younger sibling for the sin of being born, without the excuse of age.

You know, she didn't actually hurt her or anything? All those requests and a shitty attitude - she was just an asshole to her sister, not a real bully. Blonde didn't have to listen to all this crap and nod. But she did. Not because she was afraid or forced, but because she was fine with it. So I can't see why all the blame goes to the big sister. You know this shitty statement that it's a victim's fault for being bullied? It's bullshit, but in this situation it makes maybe just a little sense. Besides it is clearly stated that she didn't actually hate her new sister, she was just sad for her mother. Which is understandable, I guess. So it's rather tasteless comparing her situation to a 3-year-old's tantrum.

Can't really see the blonde's chipper personality as anything but a facade; the infatuation comes off as a weird form of emotionally misdirected Stockholm syndrome instead of anything approaching love.

I don't believe it's a facade. Actually I think she's one of the most honest characters in a while. Remember that page, when she was introduced to her new family? She was with her mother, all in bruises with dead eyes on her face? I assume her previous family was a life of physical and emotional abuse. And after that hell she was introduced to her new family. A family that wasn't all sweet and shiny, yes, but she could see that they were good people and it was a new warmth that she hasn't previously felt. It may seem weird from a normal person's perspective, but to her...she was just glad.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

I don't believe it's a facade. Actually I think she's one of the most honest characters in a while. Remember that page, when she was introduced to her new family? She was with her mother, all in bruises with dead eyes on her face? I assume her previous family was a life of physical and emotional abuse. And after that hell she was introduced to her new family. A family that wasn't all sweet and shiny, yes, but she could see that they were good people and it was a new warmth that she hasn't previously felt. It may seem weird from a normal person's perspective, but to her...she was just glad.

thats just mere speculation the manga doesnt show anything to sugest it maybe she was just sad for his fathers dead and thas why she has that dead expression youre overthinking it this one shot is pretty bad indeed maybe with a continuation that settle all that things you especulate this could pass from a 4 to a 6 max but right now the previous comment just hit the nail the black-hair girl didnt make anything to make me think she s not a worthless piece of trash she didnt apologize for ruining the dress she didnt apologize for being a bitch to her sister she didnt became a better daughter the cute blush didnt make for me either

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

... nope, not doing it for me. A cute blush is not enough to redeem the black-haired girl. She's like a three-year-old who hates their younger sibling for the sin of being born, without the excuse of age. Can't really see the blonde's chipper personality as anything but a facade; the infatuation comes off as a weird form of emotionally misdirected Stockholm syndrome instead of anything approaching love.

you just stole the words from my mouth

062589fd3c9f5577a916b303e3c6c27f
joined Nov 16, 2013

all in bruises with dead eyes on her face? I assume her previous family was a life of physical and emotional abuse.

I just assumed the bruising came from also being involved in the accident which killed her father.

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

Isn't it Pseudo incest? Or is that only with remarriage?

They have the same father.

Thousand Scars
Hair_stars
joined Apr 14, 2016

I just assumed the bruising came from also being involved in the accident which killed her father.

Of course, that might also be a possibility. In the end, it's just an assumption.

last edited at Jul 23, 2016 9:04AM

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

That Manga was beautiful drawn and the story was wonderful too

E065_1
joined Dec 3, 2015

Relax everyone. There is a sequel to this story.

Yieeehaaaaa

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

HopeFromYuri posted:

Isn't it Pseudo incest? Or is that only with remarriage?
Also, i was really " serious " until i saw the credit page..

Psuedo-incest only includes stepsiblings not half-siblings. Half-siblings share one parent so they're still blood related.

Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

I'm curios how the sequel will develop things, because right now it feels a bit weak.
Hope the bad sister will work on her own flaws a bit.
Otherwise this looks like a good example of how too much kindness can be a bad thing or a weapon itself. I don't think the good sister is doing it on purpose but she has to learn not to solve every problem for her sister. That only isolates the bad sister more and more. Unless that is the plan xD.

joined Jul 31, 2013

thats just mere speculation the manga doesnt show anything to sugest it maybe she was just sad for his fathers dead and thas why she has that dead expression youre overthinking it this one shot is pretty bad indeed maybe with a continuation that settle all that things you especulate this could pass from a 4 to a 6 max but right now the previous comment just hit the nail the black-hair girl didnt make anything to make me think she s not a worthless piece of trash she didnt apologize for ruining the dress she didnt apologize for being a bitch to her sister she didnt became a better daughter the cute blush didnt make for me either

Okay? Not everything in a fictional work has to be blatantly explained and obvious. Speculation and intimation is fine especially with a short story like this.

joined Oct 12, 2013

Oneechan being a bitch also works out in Sunako's favor though, since it keeps anyone from getting close to her.

E10f9c022a536625f862069b1c79b32f
joined Apr 22, 2013

"Walking too much"? What walking? I just laze around my home and those Pokemons keep going to me every few minutes or so.

last edited at Jul 23, 2016 10:05PM

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

I'm curios how the sequel will develop things, because right now it feels a bit weak.
Hope the bad sister will work on her own flaws a bit.
Otherwise this looks like a good example of how too much kindness can be a bad thing or a weapon itself. I don't think the good sister is doing it on purpose but she has to learn not to solve every problem for her sister. That only isolates the bad sister more and more. Unless that is the plan xD.

I think that is exactly why Sunako doesn't hold it against her: she tried hard to compensate for the fact that they were stuck with her and earn their goodwill, only she tried too hard and only made her angrier(perhaps mom wasn't too good at hiding her anger at first? Yasuko seems to think she picked up on something like that). Unfortunately, she doesn't seem to have much of an idea of how to react to that other than even more kindness, only making the situation worse.

I'd wager this is the most likely explanation: she, her mother and father were all in the same car and the latter two were both killed. I'm not quite sure how Japanese law handles illegitimate children, but custody falling to the father when the mother dies is pretty standard - as is it defaulting to a man's wife when he dies. The woman next to her in the flashback - and Yasuko referring only to her father - suggest it could be otherwise, but I'm not sure how Sunako could've been foisted on them if that woman were the still-living mother.

Drinks%20cup
joined Feb 9, 2016

I didn't get bothered by the Incest but the ending is ok. I hope we see more of them in a sequel. Also i want the jealousy addressed, that was cute and I had a feeling the nurse would play a part in this...

joined Nov 30, 2015

I really hope there will be a sequel to this.

35c990f6-7c27-4620-972d-5aaee310af25-15976-00000b53e4662256
joined Jun 6, 2016

That sudden twist lmao, I love this

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Cinderella yuri version.

The step-sister was treating Cinderella badly to relieve her mother anger over the (dead) cheating husband, and because of the inferior complex toward her half-sister. Meanwhile Cinderella took all of the household works toward herself, not because she was bullied into it, but because she want to make up to her step-mother. Oh and to woo her 'evil' step-sister who she fell in love with.

Just need someone to adapt this into screenplay.

Oh, and screw the prince who wasted taxpayer money having a nationwide search for a woman who fit into a shoe his blind date left behind.

last edited at Jul 24, 2016 3:02AM

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

Wut. Cinderella's legs are longer than my body.

21294649_1973051396268417_6602197588240236544_n
joined Jun 7, 2015

That was so cute ♥

girlsarewolves
joined Jul 24, 2016

Took a peek at the sequel. I can't believe it answered all my questions hahaha

whats the name of the sequel?

Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

thats just mere speculation the manga doesnt show anything to sugest it

No? Not like the fact that her own mother just dumped her on some strangers and wanted nothing to do with her from then on? I think that's some indication of poor home life. Of course they used a bit of speculation, but I personally think that Thousand Scars hit the nail on the head with their analysis.

Cg5bo91uoae0hj9
joined Jul 24, 2016

It's just too good and beautiful QuQ...

joined Apr 3, 2012

Where can I find the raw for the sequel? Neeeever mind. Found it.

Also realized I read through the raws a while ago

last edited at Jul 25, 2016 2:03AM

joined Jul 25, 2016

After reading this I went and binged on the rest of the author's works. I can't wait for the sequel!

It's a little unrelated but I really wanna ask, does anyone know if there's a sequel to Imprinting Coffee out there? Considering the uhh..4 year gap from the last upload to this...

To reply you must either login or sign up.