Forum › In the Closet discussion

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

cute first chp. plus, kissing is a good way to keep a mouth busy. no talking, no smoking. nice.

10421609_736454176404511_930283773208011502_n
joined Jul 14, 2012

whoa, that was nice :D can't wait to see how this one is going to unravel

joined Jun 12, 2015

It's a collection of Butch-Femme relationship short stories. So every chapter is a one-shot.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Smooth moves, Ms. Philanthropist.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Butches? In MY yuri?

It's more awesome than you think!

joined Jun 25, 2016

Yaaaas

blinkkittylove
Hug
joined Jun 7, 2016

It really is a good way to give up smoking ; )

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

[X] Girls
[ ] Love

so if there ain't a bit more to this, this seems rather pointles to me...

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

she's got some balls to do that

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Butch femme stories you say?

I'm happy to see more butches. Tired of the cliche "we're both femme and wear lipstick and dresses" shit.

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

I dunno ... It could be ... Ugh the I'll help you with this cliche also leaving this here since In the Closet made me think of it ...http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/cigarette_liar

last edited at Jul 10, 2016 7:24PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm happy to see more butches. Tired of the cliche "we're both femme and wear lipstick and dresses" shit.

I'm already bracing for "looks like/might as well be a man" comments as the volume goes on.

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

forreal? I love those stories. the butch stories are cool too

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

Butches? In MY yuri?

I read that as "Bitches? In MY yuri?" and thought "Good Lord, whats gotten into Nezchan today?"

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Noice! And I really like the type of character the long haired girl seems to be.

hah. Everyone standing around doing nothing is most of the jobs I've ever had.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Butches? In MY yuri?

I read that as "Bitches? In MY yuri?" and thought "Good Lord, whats gotten into Nezchan today?"

LMAO HAHA, aggressive Nezchan

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Butches? In MY yuri?

You ALL mah bitches!

...I'll see myself out.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

BTW, the scanlator for this could do with someone to help proofread their english script. Let me know if you'd be interested.

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

BTW, the scanlator for this could do with someone to help proofread their english script. Let me know if you'd be interested.

I'd be willing. So just to Clarify it'll already be in English and that's all I have to check?

joined Feb 2, 2016

Yes thanks you for translation in the closet.
Deviray work are pretty interesting just wondering you going to translate del Ray

joined Jan 8, 2016

Butches? In MY yuri?

“This ladykillers suaveness will improve your pick up game by 30%! Find out how!!“

Promo-facebook-facebook%20profile%20picture
joined May 24, 2014

Really? I think the cliché "one is the guy and the other the girl" is much more prevalent...
I know lots of people that tell me "Oh, but you both look so feminine, now I'm confused " when they meet my girlfriends lol

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Really? I think the cliché "one is the guy and the other the girl" is much more prevalent...
I know lots of people that tell me "Oh, but you both look so feminine, now I'm confused " when they meet my girlfriends lol

I think that the butch/femme is more a real life stereotype. But when I read/watch/consume any kind of fictional narrative or media, the femme/femme is the more prevalent couple of the lesbian world. Maybe authors think that they'll be more accessible by heterosexual people or that they'll at least be both attractive to heterosexual males (who are probably the main consumers, at least in Japan, of lesbian works).

In any case, I always find it refreshing, especially when one of the couples has short hair and is actually mannish as opposed to them both having long hair and being uber femme.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I think that the butch/femme is more a real life stereotype. But when I read/watch/consume any kind of fictional narrative or media, the femme/femme is the more prevalent couple of the lesbian world. Maybe authors think that they'll be more accessible by heterosexual people or that they'll at least be both attractive to heterosexual males (who are probably the main consumers, at least in Japan, of lesbian works).

You think so? I've always gotten the impression that yuri never became as big a genre as BL precisely because marketing it to heterosexual males never really caught on the way marketing BL to heterosexual females did. Rather, yuri seems to be, to this day, mostly marketed to females, both gay and hetero--gay ones for obvious reasons, and hetero ones who, I dunno, like certain qualities in their romances that don't seem to work as well when there are guys around. And OK, sure, a few guys with good taste, but guys with good taste aren't a market.

That's why for the most part, the artistic and plot style of yuri seems to come out of shoujo and josei rather than shounen or seinen. There are exceptions, they often stick out like a sore thumb, of clearly shounen-oriented yuri where somebody thought "Hey, maybe the boys would like to see all girls in the story so there will be 100% boobies", but it never seems to have caught on very well--perhaps because with the prevalence of the harem subgenre in shounen, the boys already get like 80% plus boobies and a viewpoint character they can project into. Even though it would technically grow the genre I'm just as pleased those never took off, because stupid shounen fanservice manga are stupid and I don't want them taking over my yuri.

Haha i don't really get how kissing is the key for smokers to keep their mouth busy... BUT I LIKE THE IDEA! >~<

To reply you must either login or sign up.