Forum › Akuma no Riddle discussion

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

this is what the anime shouldve given us (~ ̄▽ ̄)~

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I don't understand why some people find AnR boring. The characters are actually interesting and different than the usual pretty and nice girl stereotype.

I think that's because maybe the yuri fans wanted more yuri, and never really got something very yuri (?). And the action fans simply didn't like it because it was all girls cast

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

I can't believe they screwed the anime over like that, it could've been great and so cheesy but no they had to go and cut all the good dialogue.

But cutting dialogue, do you mean how the anime didn't have these lines?
Manga's still ongoing, the last chapters weren't published at the time the anime was made and aired

I looked it up, there were only 2 volumes when the anime aired.

I had no idea. I just thought the translations were a bit behind. But nonetheless, the mangaka needs to approve every episode of an adaption while they're producing it so I wonder why she left it so subtle.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I don't understand why some people find AnR boring. The characters are actually interesting and different than the usual pretty and nice girl stereotype.

I think that's because maybe the yuri fans wanted more yuri, and never really got something very yuri (?). And the action fans simply didn't like it because it was all girls cast

I guess it's a hit or miss, people either really like it or it's just not their thing or something more precise about it turned them off.

But at the same time you shouldn't worry too much about it, because a lot of ppl like it too.
I love the survival game/battle royal genre, so having an all girls assassin cast + great character design, total badassery and yuri really were the multiple cherries on top for me

Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

manga-wise, i think it's mostly because of how slow the yuri is. there's flirting here and there but seeing a kiss isn't up until the 28th chapter -- aka. the 4th volume. because really, a lot of us have seen slow burn het. slow burn yuri is actually uncommon, from what i've heard of. and boring for people who think it would be "edgy" to watch/read a yuri other than strawberry panic.

some people will go straight for the anime, but it's not really "yuri." most of the yuri aspect of it was cut out (the girls didn't really flirt in the anime -- ex: Banba and Sumireko -- until the OVA, but fan service) and instead, it became more shoujo-ai. boring.

as for action, i think it had less to do with that and more to do with the fact that """fans""" probs didn't like that the only male characters were a boring teacher and a creepy dice man that wouldn't make a harem to rival naruto tbh

last edited at May 8, 2016 8:41PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

I'm rereading the first 2-3 volumes manga rn and the action scenes are pretty rushed actually, 2-3 chapters for an assassin tops, 4-6 pages of fighting and generally quick surrender/losses. The anime might have cut out the bits of occasional flirting, but they lengthened the fights and added more to them.
Basically I feel like you gotta watch/read both to get a better feel of it, not sure how to really explain that, cus while they diverge a bit, they fill out certain gaps the other medium left out.
Minakata Sunao's still a damn good artist, reading it is a visual treat for me, but I feel like the writing for each assassination 'arc' is pretty rushed, and that's all

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

NEXT CHAPTER, PLEASE!

I want the next chapter just as much as you do ( hell, I visit this site everyday just to see if the next chapter is out ) but nezchan said not to badger scanlators and be patient.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Jfc, intense. At least they're being blunt about it
Iirc, they didn't speak/more or less spoke as Tokaku attacked in the anime

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Uhm.. does this even count as a chapter? It's too damn short.

Gay%20cum
joined Jul 16, 2013

"If I kill you, it means I really love you."
Sounds like a great plan. WHAT. COULD. GO. WRONG?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I think a bullet to the head would have been effective. I doubt she did that though.

joined Jun 11, 2016

Uhm.. does this even count as a chapter? It's too damn short.

ikr

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

gay murder! gay murder!!

joined Oct 21, 2013

Will it be:
Scar tissue?
Titanium ribs?
Titanium heart?
Blank cartridges?
Incompetent shooting?
Displacement illusion?
Romeo and Juliet?

AbyssalScepter
Kaga
joined Apr 23, 2016

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq- oh it'll probably be fine.

joined Mar 21, 2015

Just to warn you all, the chapter that just got uploaded aired in May, and there was no chapter in June due to Kouga's temporary sickness.

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

I mean the anime already spoiled the ending. It was so stupid it became a meme. Who knows, maybe the manga ending will be different?

Are we allowed to meme here?

Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

"Where does she get that iron-like strength of hers from?"

It's actually titanium-like. Common mistake.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

people die when they are killed.

joined Oct 21, 2013
joined Jun 11, 2016

Ch 46 Spoilers:
http://i.imgur.com/4nMJ7bI.png

Actually heres a better spoiler https://www.facebook.com/HaruTokaku/

last edited at Jul 11, 2016 2:44PM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Ch 46 Spoilers:
http://i.imgur.com/4nMJ7bI.png

Actually heres a better spoiler https://www.facebook.com/HaruTokaku/

Well it's better than the anime's ending at least?

joined Oct 21, 2013

Not a difficult feat to achieve.

joined Jun 11, 2016

I don't know. But I hope it has a happy ending. I reeeeeeaaally hope so ;n;

joined Jun 11, 2016

Also I don't get why people think the anime's ending was shit. I loved the ending, and the ending that people were hoping for sucks. People were hoping that haru actually dies and tokaku goes into depression. What the hell kind of ending is that ??

To reply you must either login or sign up.