Forum › Posts by Zecro

Zecro
Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

I finally checked the raw and confirmed a longtime theory: on p.4, when Saki says Aki acts like a cat, she's actually calling her the "neko" (bottom) to Saki's "tachi" (top). The TLs found a clever way to make it work in English.

Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

I was actually really enjoying how a series called "Throw Away the Suit Together" had turned into "Uhhh Turns Out You Might Want to Hang Onto That Suit After All So You Don't Starve and Such". It was a refreshing twist.

Didn't expect it to END on that note, though. No time for a rebound. Bummer.

Zecro
Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

They'll probably show up here eventually, but until then, anyone seeking the full Harumachi Tsurara experience should look up "Superficial Lovers" and "Wizard After Twelve O'Clock". You think the stuff here is messed up, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

Fun fact: the Japanese name for this pairing is a portmanteau, "ガヴィーネ" (gabuiine). It works because B and V sound the same to the Japanese ear. Gab is "gabu" and Vigne is "buiine", so you can just stick 'em together.

Zecro
Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

This title has now been used for a one-off chapter of the actual series. Check out this omake page the scanlation threw in:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/cb5bc469-067c-463c-b53f-315e06f2833f/17

Zecro
Yurigurashi discussion 16 Jan 16:37
Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

Lures readers in with the title Yurigurashi, then fails to even remotely be a Gakkou Gurashi H-doujin. 0/10.

Zecro
Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

We can only assume the author of Maria+Holic successfully sued.

Zecro
Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

^ Agreed. Some of the differences are just baffling. For instance, the manga introduces that plot point about the secret library book and then completely forgets it. The anime (which, let's face it, has time to kill in Kouko's ep) actually puts that to use. On the other hand, while the manga's Chitaru/Hitsugi plot is abrupt toward the end, at least it makes sense. The anime throws in a nonsensical frame-job by Hitsugi that Chitaru shouldn't have believed for a second. It's nice to have two versions when one is sloppy.

Do you know if the main relationship in this manga goes further than it did in the anime?

It does! Not a whole LOT, but confessions of love happen and there's an extra ending scene. (A couple of the other ships also get a bit more attention: one has a kiss that's not in the anime and another is actually together in the final chapter out of nowhere.)

Zecro
Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

Possible extra pun... looks like Rena used one of her kidneys, right? The adjective for kidneys is "renal".

Zecro
Furumapura discussion 03 Mar 11:54
Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

On the two-page spread she's calling out "Kyou-chan". Not sure what she says after, but the reason for all this emotion is that Kyou has to leave for America.

What really interests me is that hug with their faces off-panel and, unless I'm completely misreading it, a "chuu" sound effect...

Zecro
Furumapura discussion 02 Mar 07:14
Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

The raws of the final two chapters are actually free on comic.pixiv.net. First Google result for the original title, "ふるまぷら".

It's... kind of satisfying.

Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

Ah! I dismissed that one at first, but you're right. It's too similar to be an accident:

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1071

I saw this and thought the asterisk in the same place was funny, but then that first kanji was clearly different, so it couldn't be right. If I'd compared the second kanji too, I would've realized it couldn't be a coincidence. So what about that first kanji? It has a whole extra bottom piece in this doujin (easier to see on p.24), but does it read the same?

(And what about the plot Marisa talks about? Doesn't sound anything like this series... wonder if it's based on some other one, or just a random parody?)

last edited at Dec 20, 2017 7:58PM

Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

I don't think it's real. The title reads O-[something] Company. Of the series listed on Baka-Updates that fit that pattern, none have kanji that match the [something] part, or plots that match Marisa's summary.

Zecro
Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

Good thing it wasn't a bad apple.

Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

Right now, Akuma no Riddle fans are constantly checking the front page, awaiting the final chapter... and what should appear there but a doujin called "The Long Wait is Over".

Reality is a troll.

Zecro
Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

Instead of a spoiler, looks like a tweet saying there's no chapter this month. Damn.

Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

This is a well-thought-out manga.

"My classmate is blackmailing me. If only I also had something on her! Oh well, time to go watch her in her super secret idol identity that I alone know."

Zecro
Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

Has it ever been officially stated whether Haru really does have Queen Bee powers, and if so, whether she ever used them? I think the anime left that a mystery; it'll be interesting to see if the manga does too.

Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

EVERY VN PLAYER EVER. You're not done till you've seen all the endings.

Zecro
Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

Well, I'm not really typical of the fandom. I took the series at its word, as a serious battle-royale scenario. I've felt like a sucker since I found out the actual creators don't take it that seriously at all.

I mean, they make doujins of their own series. They ship all the roommate pairs, but not in the actual story, just in covers and such -- I mean, what even is the reasoning for that? I had no idea those ships existed just from reading the manga itself, so when I checked out the fandom my first thought was industrial-strength yuri goggles... but no, apparently these characters actually are meant to be shipped, just without any actual effort on the writer's part short of rooming them together. (Suzu and Kouko barely talk!)

Probably the biggest thing I've felt like a sucker over is Chitaru and Hitsugi. In the series, their story is compelling (if cliched), with a really good coda in the anime that shows how it won't be easy from here. But then they're glued to each other in the OVA and doujins! Hell, forget consistency or taking things seriously, how is that version of them even interesting?

Don't get me wrong. I've been sold on this series since I saw the volume 1 cover. But what a godforsaken unholy mess it is. It's trying to be four or five things at once (at a rate of four or five pages a month) and no two of those things work right at the same time.

last edited at Sep 10, 2016 7:04PM

Zecro
Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

Speak for yourself. I definitely wanted more suffering. I'm fine with the main two surviving, but everybody else too? Pfft. That was pretty weak even in a certain Sunrise series, and those characters were likable (as opposed to being, y'know, assassins).

Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

If it goes wincest, VNDB is missing a lot of tags.

Speaking of which, most of the articles don't mention that this game takes place in the same world as a previous one called Nurse Love Syndrome:

https://vndb.org/v7301

(I say "nurse" by analogy with this English release; the actual word used in both titles means "white robe".)

Zecro
Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

"Where does she get that iron-like strength of hers from?"

It's actually titanium-like. Common mistake.

Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

Fuwanovel has a suggested route order and full walkthrough:

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/14783-nurse-love-addiction-walkthrough/

Weirdly, it seems to be possible to reach a no-girl bad end that spoils things from the main routes before you beat them, so maybe check what choices to avoid for that. Also strange: on the main routes, good/bad end seems to depend exclusively on the very last choice.

Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

"I feel like I've heard one weird story..." You and us both, Sugi-san.

The absence of the Aaaaaangst tag baffles me. These characters mope at each other instead of yelling, but it's still wall-to-wall angst.