Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Huh... This is nice, the kicks were my favorite part of Linkle's movesets and now i can Kim Kaphwan full time

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

ZuljinRaynor posted:

If RNG isn't kind to you it is frustrating and Blizzard prepared their microtransaction store just for you! Buy loot boxes for real money! Don't get suckered into using it though... makes getting loot boxes lose any sort of charm.

And you can spend thousands of dollars and still not get what you want!

I guess I pretty much agree with Jim on this matter

last edited at Jun 29, 2016 10:57AM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Yeah. If coins were something you got per loot box it might be more okay... but right now it's terrible.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Yeah. If coins were something you got per loot box it might be more okay... but right now it's terrible.

I think adding a option to buy with money what you actually want would be best resolution, but much less money for Blizzard this way, since you are not forced to spend it on countless boxes that give you random crap. Having coins always drop per match/box is a decent alternative too, but again, less money for Blizzard in the long run.

last edited at Jun 29, 2016 12:19PM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Coming back to Overwatch, heard that shared XP for the entire game can be rather annoying. Is it really true? Been toying with the idea of buying it since I've grinded TF2 to death.

I'm not sure what you mean by shared XP? Do you mean that it is only your account that levels up instead of the characters? (Like Battlefield where your account levels up to get unlocks and each class levels up to get unlocks too).

If so, then yes, levelling your account is tedious. Because the loot boxes you get are per level up and each only drops 4 prizes... and the game is full of dumb shit that takes up drops. Sprays... so many sprays... and you can get dupes which will give you a small amount of coins. Coins aren't guarenteed drops from loot boxes either. Coins are what let you unlock whatever you want.

It's some of the worst mobile game style unlocking (and this game cost $40).

That being said, I have gotten drops I wanted, like the B.Va skin for D.Va and a victory pose for her as well as an intro for Pharah. My brother got a legendary skin for Widowmaker too.

That being said, I don't really like a lot of the unlocks anyway (like I don't like any of Tracer's legendary skins) so it hasn't bugged me that much. :P

If RNG isn't kind to you it is frustrating and Blizzard prepared their microtransaction store just for you! Buy loot boxes for real money! Don't get suckered into using it though... makes getting loot boxes lose any sort of charm.
Here's the funny thing, I don't exactly know either what the guy meant (since I was out of my city when the beta was playable). Microtransactions can be a real pain, since my country is outta Euro zone which makes the international prices painful. I'm kind of affraid of those, since I was one of the unlucky ones who've bought Payday 2 just before that one update. Then again, having played so much of TF2 I guess I'd get used to it. Do the drops work similar to it?

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Anyone played Summon night 5? I got it when it came out but haven't really done much. Apparently there's yuri in at least one of the endings. I think I'll restart my run and beat like a chapter per day or something like that.

There's definitely ONE legitimate yuri route in that game. However note that other routes can be a tad bit frustrating on the yuri end. If you don't mind me giving the general idea of what the routes will be like as a precaution, here they are:

1. Straightforward Yuri Route: Ruelly
    Not gonna need to spoil anything about this route since it's yuri, plain and simple. Only route that might be worth it.

2. Subtext Route: Yeng-hua
    Not much to be said; except for the annoying fact that the ending for the male protagonist has more subtext than the female one. I mean, it's already subtext to begin with, why give one character more subtext than the other?

3. Nope Route: Cyda
    Okay, so this has to be spoiled to detail why it's pretty bad. The end of the route basically includes Cyda saying "Why are you hanging out with me so much instead of the guys? Are you gay?" In which the female protagonist will say "What?! Oh no, I just want to be really good friends with you!" Yeah, stay away from this one if you want yuri.

4. Nope (2) Route: Spinel
    This is just second hand information so I can't confirm it myself since I don't want to go through this one, but basically Spinel confesses to the female protagonist at the end and she rejects her. For some reason though, the male protagonist won't reject her, so I assume they get to start a relationship. She's basically a sister figure anyway, so I personally don't see a big loss here.

This is all I know of. There's one more female character, but considering how the Nope (2) Route went I'm not holding my breath. Hope this helps!

last edited at Jun 29, 2016 3:40PM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Here's the funny thing, I don't exactly know either what the guy meant (since I was out of my city when the beta was playable). Microtransactions can be a real pain, since my country is outta Euro zone which makes the international prices painful. I'm kind of affraid of those, since I was one of the unlucky ones who've bought Payday 2 just before that one update. Then again, having played so much of TF2 I guess I'd get used to it. Do the drops work similar to it?

Every time you level up your profile, you get a loot box. You open it up and get 4 things.

You get XP for finishing matches and then extra XP for other stuff like time, consecutive matches, first win of the day, medals, etc.

I haven't played TF2 since the Scout update so I have no idea how drops work there.

last edited at Jun 29, 2016 3:28PM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Every time you level up your profile, you get a loot box. You open it up and get 4 things.

You get XP for finishing matches and then extra XP for other stuff like time, consecutive matches, first win of the day, medals, etc.

I haven't played TF2 since the Scout update so I have no idea how drops work there.

Alrighty, thanks for the answer. Guess I'm gonna reconsider buying it after getting over the fact how Hearts of Iron IV turned out to be such an unfinished game.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Just finished System Shock Pre-Alpha Demo. Amazing. I want it now. Have to wait a year instead :(

last edited at Jun 29, 2016 4:45PM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Alrighty, thanks for the answer. Guess I'm gonna reconsider buying it after getting over the fact how Hearts of Iron IV turned out to be such an unfinished game.

It doesn't have the amount of content as other FPS games, but if you want a new TF2, I think it is solid there.

I originally wasn't going to get it because I thought it was going to be very MOBAy, and Dota 2 is the only Dota style game I want to play, but it turned out to be just a derivative of TF2.

I don't want to discourage you just because the Loot system is ass, but the game is still good. Blizzard took a strong foundation in TF2 and put their own twist on it and sprinkled in some ideas to make it interesting for 6v6.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

It doesn't have the amount of content as other FPS games, but if you want a new TF2, I think it is solid there.

I originally wasn't going to get it because I thought it was going to be very MOBAy, and Dota 2 is the only Dota style game I want to play, but it turned out to be just a derivative of TF2.

I don't want to discourage you just because the Loot system is ass, but the game is still good. Blizzard took a strong foundation in TF2 and put their own twist on it and sprinkled in some ideas to make it interesting for 6v6.

Just one more question: is playing with randoms a viable option? For a while I've been unable to get a group of people to play a shooter with me. The fact that I'm rapidly losing interest in FPS doesn't help.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Just one more question: is playing with randoms a viable option? For a while I've been unable to get a group of people to play a shooter with me. The fact that I'm rapidly losing interest in FPS doesn't help.

Yes, you can.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I've actually only played vs bots. So it my brother and I and 4 random people vs silly bots. I play on Medium cause the cheats Hard bots have is no fun. We do plan on trying quickplay at some point, but if they convinced people this is a MOBA, I don't want to have to deal with the MOBA like crowd. (It's why I only ever played Dota 2 with bots). All online FPS games I have played have been like Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory or Battlefield where there are so many players that your individual performance isn't that important so no one is going to place all the blame on you.

And I likewise have lost interest in FPS. Last new FPS game I liked was Wolfenstein: The New Order. I didn't like the Old Blood (second half of that game was terrible) and the new Doom was not what I want from Doom (I want interesting levels and not just Brutal Doom combat turned to 11 with arenas/waves of demons to kill).

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

I can agree on Wolfenstein: TNO being the most FPS that was actually fun. I was considering getting myself Doom, but judging from what people are saying, I'll pass on it, even during the summer sale. The only shooter that I'm really looking forward to is the new Deus Ex game (I'm a huge fan of the entire series, even played through that godawful The Fall), but judging by the recent quality of games I'm becoming more and more worried.
I used to like games like Battlefield, but after the first DLC for BF3 I've been slowly drifting towards Left 4 Dead 2 and strategy games.
Anyone else on Dynasty has played the new Hearts of Iron game? (can't believe I'm saying this, oh well) I cannot be the only one who feels like that game was published unfinished.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I was hoping for Battlefield 2143 but since that's not happening.... I don't know if I will get BF1.

I'm the only one of my friends who doesn't like the new Doom. They all love it and think it's great. I think it does what it set out to do, but it doesn't hit "what is Doom?" to me.

Never liked Left 4 Dead 2. Absolutely loved the original and put in a lot of time in that, but all the changes in 2 weren't to my groups liking.

Personally, I've been itching for more good CRPGs. Started playing Fallout New Vegas again since Fallout 4 completely threw away any Role Playing.

It pains me to say it, but I've spent more time playing Love Live School Idol Festival than anything else in the last 6 months. Second would have been XCOM 2, which I put in a lot of time into. I absolutely love Turn Based Tactics games, but alas there are only a few like the X-Com and Jagged Alliance games.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

I was hoping for Battlefield 2143 but since that's not happening.... I don't know if I will get BF1.

I'm the only one of my friends who doesn't like the new Doom. They all love it and think it's great. I think it does what it set out to do, but it doesn't hit "what is Doom?" to me.

Never liked Left 4 Dead 2. Absolutely loved the original and put in a lot of time in that, but all the changes in 2 weren't to my groups liking.

Personally, I've been itching for more good CRPGs. Started playing Fallout New Vegas again since Fallout 4 completely threw away any Role Playing.

It pains me to say it, but I've spent more time playing Love Live School Idol Festival than anything else in the last 6 months. Second would have been XCOM 2, which I put in a lot of time into. I absolutely love Turn Based Tactics games, but alas there are only a few like the X-Com and Jagged Alliance games.

Just wondering, what kind of changes you didn't like in L4D2? I haven't played the original, so I cannot really compare. All I know is that 1. it had an extra survival map and 2. you can see your own legs. Then again,
Heard that the new XCOM is good, but honest to goodness I;m just scared of getting new games. Not trying to being negative here, but for the past ~3 years it's been mostly uninspiring stuff or just flat out tat.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

We didn't like L4D2 just dumped hordes on you almost all the time. There wasn't enough downtime.Also hated having the melee stamina in coop. It is fine for versus but for coop it was annoying in conjunction with all the hordes. That was probably the big one.We played so much L4D that we just ended up screwing around all the time on easy and medium after we were done with expert. L4D2 just couldn't hook us and these little changes made us feel like the game was built for versus inmind this time while L4D was built with versus as an afterthought and the focus was on the 4 player coop.

If you haven't played XCOM 2012, the Complete Pack is $10 on Steam right now and you can always refund it if it doesn't do it for you.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

We didn't like L4D2 just dumped hordes on you almost all the time. There wasn't enough downtime.Also hated having the melee stamina in coop. It is fine for versus but for coop it was annoying in conjunction with all the hordes. That was probably the big one.We played so much L4D that we just ended up screwing around all the time on easy and medium after we were done with expert. L4D2 just couldn't hook us and these little changes made us feel like the game was built for versus inmind this time while L4D was built with versus as an afterthought and the focus was on the 4 player coop.

If you haven't played XCOM 2012, the Complete Pack is $10 on Steam right now and you can always refund it if it doesn't do it for you.

Well, I'm about to be 9,61€ poorer. Oh well, I guess that it's gonna be better value for money and longer standing than a few packages of cigarettes that I would've otherwise bought with that money. Cheers for the heads up!

Reminds me how I've tried Killing Floor 2 on the free weekend. The word "disappointment" doesn't fully cover my feelings towards that game.

On a side note, your 687 games registered on Steam make me feel inadequate.

last edited at Jun 30, 2016 12:04PM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I can't say I'm the best with money.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I got two things on the Steam sale, and I'm cool with that. Thea: The Awakening, and Skyborn. Those will keep me busy for a while, in addition to actually trying to finish at least some of my library of unfinished games.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Sometimes I forget that my 200 registered Steam games aren't actually all that many in the whole scheme of things.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Sometimes I forget that my 200 registered Steam games aren't actually all that many in the whole scheme of things.

And I get called for owning only 70 games.. Looking at how little people mention new games in thread makes me realize that 99% of my go-to gaming buddies are long gone from Steam. Either I'm getting old, or most modern games are dropping in quality. Not trying to bash modern stuff here, but I've found myself not giving a toss about any recent titles, and judging by what I read on the 'Net, I'm not the only one. Then again, it's mostly loud majority and AAA titles have more sales than ever. I can't be the only one in long phase of gaming stagnation, right? Then again, I've never really got into smaller titles, which might explain my jadedness.

TL;DR Rambling from someone who has no gaming buddies. So, any games upcoming you're excited for? Also, how's the new Hitman game?

last edited at Jun 30, 2016 3:35PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I'm really hyped about Dishonored 2 and the new Southpark game. Also looking forward to Quake Champions and/or Lawbreakers, whichever I'm gonna end up enjoying more. The new Unreal Tournament seems pretty fun too judging by the few rounds I played.
Right now I'm really into Monster Hunter Online and really hope for an international release.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Reading VA11-HALLA when it doe- and it crashed again, man, cyberpunk technology sure is close to our real thing!

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Reading VA11-HALLA when it doe- and it crashed again, man, cyberpunk technology sure is close to our real thing!

It's actually pretty good, but the dialogue seems to go overly crude at the second half of the game. The music's great tho. Also, dem Jill's pigtails. I remember waiting for that game forever.

last edited at Jul 1, 2016 4:01AM

This topic has been locked.