Forum › A Dead End, After All discussion

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

i kinda stopped anokiss because there were SO MANY characters and...well, relationship getting mixed and stuff like that, my head is spinning like crazy. i mean, the main characters barely get any appearance around the late chapters. i was so confused with all the characters.
one thing for sure tho. the art is good. but why. why does she have to be such a manipulative bitch. dont get me wrong, i love me some teary eyed blushy kawaii anime gurl but fuck why. it obviously got worst each passing day and fuck it just...fucked up. i never felt so many mixed feelings for a character before. this natsuki have serious issues. meiko's(a world without freedom) issues seems like a childplay compared to this bitch

Download%20(1)
joined Jun 4, 2016

Look, I like sadism as much as the next girl bUT damn. That's fucked up.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

[...] why does she have to be such a manipulative bitch. dont get me wrong, i love me some teary eyed blushy kawaii anime gurl but fuck why. it obviously got worst each passing day and fuck it just...fucked up. i never felt so many mixed feelings for a character before. this natsuki have serious issues. meiko's(a world without freedom) issues seems like a childplay compared to this bitch

I agree (And that comes from someone who didn't think Meiko was bitch enough), Natsuki is disturbingly close to antisocial personality disorder for confort. Not cool at all.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I got the impression from the last page that Natsuko knows (thinks?) her friend isn't in love with her so all she can do is keep being cruel to her to keep seeing her cute desperate face.

Actually, it sounds like a brutally honest assessment to me. (Unusually insightful, given the age.)

"I don't need any friends. As long as you're with me, I don't need anyone else," is not what I'd call a healthy attitude. Micchan is someone who consistently excels academically, but needs Natsuko's affirmation to see her own self-worth. That borders more on dependency than love. I give Natsuko points for recognizing that a codependent relationship may not be a direction she wants to go; of course, given the deficit of points from her cruelty, that still leaves her in the red in my book.

IMO codependence is an idea that has been blown way out of proportion to its actual usefulness. It exists, but fixating on it tends to be less about unhealthy codependence itself than about our society's unhealthy fixation with extreme selfish individualism (oddly enough without genuinely leaving us a ton of room to be individual); anything which threatens a person's ability to have their story be all about "me, me, me" is rejected--such as for instance caring about another person a whole lot and placing great value on their feelings and opinions.

As to what's going on--to the contrary Natsuko is doing exactly what you do to encourage unhealthy dependence--cutting down her self-esteem to make her more desperate. It's what abusers do to make the abusees lose the ability to escape.
If someone needs your affirmation to see their own self-worth, generally what's going to help them is to give it, so they'll see their own self-worth. Just maybe don't make it conditional on perfect test scores.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Meh I didnt like nor understand the MC.
Gimme her friend for a little bit. I'll make sure she'll find joy in anything else than this btch =/

Dynasty02
joined May 25, 2013

Personally, I wouldn't be able to stand seeing the person I like/love in tears like that. Let alone that someone would do that willingly just to see them fuss over them and feel good about it is beyond me, but it happens. Fact is that, most of the time, the more you push someone away, the more you attract them one way or another. Bad boy/bad girl paradox.

Nws
joined Jul 1, 2014

After reading this several times I realized why it stung. I used to be addicted to someone the same way. Only long after it was over I realized it wasn't love or anything close to it. I hope there's a continuation with a solid ending, be it bad or good.

35c990f6-7c27-4620-972d-5aaee310af25-15976-00000b53e4662256
joined Jun 6, 2016

This fucked me up because I used to have a relationship like this, well sorta like this. It's really unhealthy and sooner or later will destroy you both. I hope Micchan realize how toxic Natsuko is to her.

Images
joined Sep 19, 2015

ohh I get it "abusive" really? nahhh cute though

joined Sep 11, 2014

I'm shocked that Canno decided to write a one-shot instead of cramming more characters into their main story.

I wouldn't be surprised if the characters from her one-shots are included in AnoKiss where their (the girls' in the one-shots) arc is concluded, such as this

joined May 7, 2015

I agree that Canno is bringing super-many-characters into the one story, but isn't it amazing that almost every character is distinguishable? Comparing to some other authors who also draw a lot of characters... Actually that's what I like about this author.

joined May 7, 2015

Anyway I want to see this characters again. Maybe at the end of this series? I need some reversal. lol

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I'm shocked that Canno decided to write a one-shot instead of cramming more characters into their main story.

That's a work from her doujin period, before she started AnoKiss.

Anyway, I'm surprised almost no one comments on the last page. Natsuko's a nigh-sociopathic bitch, that's a given, but at the end she seems to be like "Err… maybe that's not alright?"

Also that "it's not affection, nor love" line is a bit ambiguous. Is she talking about herself, or Mifuyu?

last edited at Jun 13, 2016 6:37PM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I got the impression from the last page that Natsuko knows (thinks?) her friend isn't in love with her so all she can do is keep being cruel to her to keep seeing her cute desperate face.

Actually, it sounds like a brutally honest assessment to me. (Unusually insightful, given the age.)

"I don't need any friends. As long as you're with me, I don't need anyone else," is not what I'd call a healthy attitude. Micchan is someone who consistently excels academically, but needs Natsuko's affirmation to see her own self-worth. That borders more on dependency than love. I give Natsuko points for recognizing that a codependent relationship may not be a direction she wants to go; of course, given the deficit of points from her cruelty, that still leaves her in the red in my book.

As to what's going on--to the contrary Natsuko is doing exactly what you do to encourage unhealthy dependence--cutting down her self-esteem to make her more desperate. It's what abusers do to make the abusees lose the ability to escape.
If someone needs your affirmation to see their own self-worth, generally what's going to help them is to give it, so they'll see their own self-worth. Just maybe don't make it conditional on perfect test scores.

Sorry, I had a slightly different interpretation of what was going on there. I took Natsuko's comment to be a sad realization that what Micchan felt for her wasn't really love. Someone else's comment made me realize that she might have been referring to her own feelings toward Micchan. That gives it kind of sinister twist that somehow passed me by on the first reading. In which case, yes, totally agree with you.

joined Jul 26, 2014

So Natsuko gets off to people's emotional pain. Interesting.

I feel like I can almost relate to this... well, not exactly to the point of purposely causing someone pain but somehow, the fact that seeing someone sad and pitiful is like they're revealing to you their vulnerability, it's almost a pleasant feeling. When my SO cries, it almost makes me happy... knowing that it's me they're looking for comfort in. I guess I just like being in that position. Of course I do want to make them feel better, but I can't help but be a little pleased for some reason when they're sad in front of me.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

So Natsuko gets off to people's emotional pain. Interesting.

Not "people's". Only Mifuyu's emotional pain.

joined Feb 25, 2016

relationship goals

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Mmh whatcha say
Mmh that you only meant well?

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

this girl has sadistic issues and possessive issues
and it's not the cute very heartfelt sadism like in Honto no Kanojo

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

I really hope Mifuyu realizes Natsuko's real nature and can be helped past her dependence, and finds a girl who will treat her right. I didn't hate reading this, but it left me deeply sad to imagine this abusive relationship continuing on.

Marcy
joined Nov 11, 2015

Ok, confirmed, tha girl is a bitch, and i'm here for that, hoLY FUCK it's sexy
Why am i like this.

joined Oct 10, 2016

... I don't see abuse in here, rather teasing.

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

... I don't see abuse in here, rather teasing.

Nah man, this was plain as day abuse.

BUT this was a good read. It's still so nice to see toxic yuri relationships rather than the always wholesome ones. The hets can't keep all the horrible people to themselves after all!

To reply you must either login or sign up.