Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Blank-face-emoji
joined Mar 8, 2016

Can we extend the deadline up until the end of June? Well, at least until the letters thread got 1 post per day because I am totally guessing that people won't be hearing about this news soon so at least give it until that? If not possible then, it is fine too.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

As we have no idea how Ssamba's condition is, I would suggest not to extend it. We can always write Ssamba other letters next times, right?

PrettyMitsuki
Glasses
joined Feb 21, 2015

unfortunately Halmoni couldn't do any translation since Halmoni is out of the country would only be available on July and August. I guess we could only hope that Ssamba could understand english and send the messages.

SweetestBagOfRats
Jurixchun
joined Jun 14, 2016

oliver agreed, we don't know how much time we have left.

last edited at Jun 18, 2016 2:00AM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Couldn't we send Ssamba the link right now via his/her blog or his/her publishing company? If we do it, we could surely guess whether s/he could understand english or not based on her/his response to those messages. Zero response means s/he couldn't use english.

joined Feb 22, 2015

Couldn't we send Ssamba the link right now via his/her blog or his/her publishing company? If we do it, we could surely guess whether s/he could understand english or not based on her/his response to those messages. Zero response means s/he couldn't use english.

Or zero means she's busy recuperating. The sending is enough, we shouldn't expect more. ;-;

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

I like Maepkllm's idea about binding messages into a book, but who'll do it, making the book? Also I wanted to ask, are we going to be giving the messages digitally, or do we have to send Ssamba's publisher a physical copy of all these messages? And would it be alright to give the link to this forum?

It'll be difficult to find out whether Ssamba can understand English or not, so in my opinion, what we can do now is to just send all these messages to her and hope that our thoughts and feelings will be bale tor each her. ;;

last edited at Jun 17, 2016 12:54PM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

I think we should first try to find a way to send Ssamba the link. After that, we can still find translators to translate the messages, summarize the messages, make a book or whatever.

Ssamba could at least read "I love you, Ssamba", right? Anyway, I still believe s/he could read english.

Or zero means she's busy recuperating. The sending is enough, we shouldn't expect more. ;-;

Yes, the sending would be enough

It really is too much work to ask from translators. If we just asked them (newp, halmoni or someone who could write in korean) to write a short message in korean encouraging Ssamba and telling her how much FF's fans here care about her, we could probably have already reached her by now.

last edited at Jun 17, 2016 2:20PM

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Uhm...so how exactly did we go from realizing that my initial plan would've undoubtedly ended in failure to changing plans to writing a summarized letter of our messages and asking Maepkllm or mint-leaf, who have already volunteered to help, to translate it so we can send it to Comico...to reintroducing my initial idea as an option and trying to make that one work? o.0 We're moving in circles here, people.

Book idea
Since I'm the one who started all this, I don't want to be the pessimistic one here, but the reality is that time is not our ally in this case. Ssamba mentioned she is awaiting chemotherapy. Once she starts it, and who knows when that will be, she will spend an overwhelming amount of time in the hospital. Who knows if she'll have enough energy to browse the net or read messages etc. Trust me, I've been in hospital when my body decided to give up on me and the only things I really felt like doing most of the time was sleep and eat. The book idea is a nice one, but it's not effective for what we're trying to do here.

oliver
The thing is we have literally no way to find out if Ssamba speaks English. I'm not expecting a response from her to our messages. That woman is in a bad place right now and if there's anything I learned from dating a psychologist for 3 years, it's when people are grieving, they're usually busy with themselves and don't find a lot of energy to deal with things aside from their own demons. So no response from her, considering her physical and mental condition, wouldn't necessarily mean she doesn't understand our messages to me. Like I said before, time isn't our ally in this case. And I'm not really up for sending Ssamba a bunch of english messages she may or may not understand, only to maybe find out she actually didn't understand them and going to back to square 1, meaning looking for a translator. I want to definitely get through to her without wasting more time than necessary. So I'm against putting so many eventualities and maybes in the plan. :T

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

I see. but I have never said we had to leave the first square.

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

I've just read the update. First, Christina Grimmie. Now, I know I'm being selfish, but gawddamnit, this world is so unfair.

PARIS TO KOREA
Images
joined Jun 17, 2016

Dear Ssamba, you are the light of my monday's in Paris . I wake up to read your story. I hope you get better. LOVE YOU!

People, be sure that if she does not read English, she has her editor or friend or family to translate it for her. So do not worry. I went to Seoul and youngsters speaks very well English even the young nurses !!!

last edited at Jun 17, 2016 6:33PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

We've all seen some English being used in FF, and I'm sure Ssamba is more than capable of understanding basic English.

Honestly, asking a translator to translate every single comment ever seems like an overwhelming task, and time is of the essence. Compiling the comments and sending them to comico seems like the best idea so far. All Ssamba wants to do is meet FF's fans, so I'm pretty certain whatever you people write in your comments won't matter individually, as long as it isn't something offensive. Ssamba would be overjoyed just knowing that FF has fans overseas.

In case it wasn't clear in what maepkIIm wrote, you can only send physical, actual letters to comico, not digital messages. If you want to send Ssamba a direct message in a timely fashion, I would suggest making a naver account and leaving a comment on Ssamba's blog.

last edited at Jun 17, 2016 11:33PM

joined Feb 22, 2015

I already sent her an e-mail. :> I hope the pear can make her smile.

last edited at Jun 18, 2016 3:26AM

joined Jun 14, 2016

Such lovely drawing! I hope I could finish mine soon as well...

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

We've all seen some English being used in FF, and I'm sure Ssamba is more than capable of understanding basic English.

Honestly, asking a translator to translate every single comment ever seems like an overwhelming task, and time is of the essence. Compiling the comments and sending them to comico seems like the best idea so far. All Ssamba wants to do is meet FF's fans, so I'm pretty certain whatever you people write in your comments won't matter individually, as long as it isn't something offensive. Ssamba would be overjoyed just knowing that FF has fans overseas.

In case it wasn't clear in what maepkIIm wrote, you can only send physical, actual letters to comico, not digital messages. If you want to send Ssamba a direct message in a timely fashion, I would suggest making a naver account and leaving a comment on Ssamba's blog.

Yes, you're totally right, I guess we went a bit overboard :')
There is some tension between you and dynasty scans, ehehe ^-^'''''''''''' (?)

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Yes, you're totally right, I guess we went a bit overboard :')
There is some tension between you and dynasty scans, ehehe ^-^'''''''''''' (?)

There's only so much disrespect and immaturity I can handle before I just say "fuck it", y'know?

From what I've seen on the wdfs thread, you're one of the few people who have respectable and interesting opinions. So yeah keep it up I enjoy reading your comments.

I think sending direct messages to Ssamba in English or other various languages might have more of an impact; it'll really emphasize the fact that international fans are out there, and that we care.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

There's only so much disrespect and immaturity I can handle before I just say "fuck it", y'know?

Dunno whats up but Panty as the avatar is quite ideal for any such "fuck it" mentalities

joined Jun 14, 2016

I think sending direct messages to Ssamba in English or other various languages might have more of an impact; it'll really emphasize the fact that international fans are out there, and that we care.

Thanks for your help with giving the directions to post in ssamba's blog!

last edited at Jun 18, 2016 7:04AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I personally don't think sending your messages to Ssamba is a good option. You can't expect everyone to send her positive messages. She may need to go through reading a few negative ones in order to reach yours. You remember the top comments on Comico about her hiatus, right? Is it not highly likely that the owners of those comments may also send her messages? I think I'm talking about posting on her blog.

last edited at Jun 18, 2016 7:47AM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I personally don't think sending your messages to Ssamba is a good option. You can't expect everyone to send her positive messages. She may need to go through reading a few negative ones in order to reach yours. You remember the top comments on Comico about her hiatus, right? Is it not highly likely that the owners of those comments may also send her messages? I think I'm talking about posting on her blog.

So in other words you want someone or some group to monitor every single message that is going to be sent to Ssamba, in order to ensure that no meanie weenie says something rude? Listen, if some doucheface is gonna tell a cancer patient to eat shit and die in a hole, that's pretty fucking rude but there's no law in the world that explicitly says "You cannot be a doucheface". It's humanly impossible to filter through every message, especially if we want them delivered asap. We cannot force people to send messages to some select moderators instead of sending them directly to Ssamba either.

Sorry to break it to you, but frankly I think it's incredibly stupid to try and create some sort of safe space on the internet because you don't want people to get their feelings hurt. Freedom of speech is a thing too.

Dppp
joined Mar 2, 2016

Hey guys, I haven't been keeping up with what's going on.. but I also think just sending a DM to Ssamba through Naver will be the easiest and fastest option. Also.. English has become a priority language in Korea so all or most Koreans know, or have atleast studied basic English. As long as your message isn't overly complicated I'm pretty sure Ssamba will be able to understand the good intention/overall message behind it. (:

last edited at Jun 18, 2016 9:44AM

joined Aug 18, 2015

I can see your point there, nothing wrong with wanting to protect someone fr getting hurt, but Ssamba can definately take on those negatives emails/posts. I dont think the author's skin is that thin.

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

http://halmoniswag.tumblr.com/post/146092242457/how-to-send-messages-to-ssamba-on-naver

Awesome! Thank you for that. This'll make things a whole lot easier, especially since I was about to say, that it would be a while before I could write the letter, since I came home today to be greeted by a bunch of pressing issues I'll need to attend to the next few days. -.- Now we can just all send our messages to her personally whenever we have the time. ^^

To reply you must either login or sign up.