Forum › Demi-chan wa Kataritai discussion

Avatar1457667_10200109529819755_1695728463_n
joined Mar 15, 2016

So Kurt is gay is what I gathered from this chapter.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

That, or he's some sort of immune demi.
Or both, and Ironman-sensei gets a new groupie.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Oh that was nice, in this case i'm on the teacher/teacher boat.

joined Apr 30, 2014

"A succubus got seduced" - Takahashi must be exuding tons of manliness.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

More like "main protagonist" pheromons. Ensure that most, if not all, of the female cast will fall for him.

I do like this manga, mind you, just tend to be annoyed by this trend. Two of the main four female characters already have stated they love him and the remaining two sometimes gives off vibes that they might as well, though I really hope they won't actually...

joined Aug 6, 2015

Here's why this manga is so tolerable. Even though this latest chapter is about The Succubus teacher having the hots for our male protagonist, this fact is told entirely through the aspect of world building. Everything about this situation is dedicated to explaining how succubi work in this universe. This is super important because it explains a lot about the Succubus teacher in general. The fact that she's so powerful and that her powers work on touch, then it makes sense that she'd wear a full body track suit all the time. The detective says it's rare that a succubus as powerful as her doesn't cause trouble, and even her character design reinforces the fact that she's making an active effort not to do so (regardless of the fact that she probably doesn't even know how to start that kind of 'trouble').

This is why the light harem elements are tolerable. Every time we're faced with it, the author gives us so much more beyond just that. I expressed concern about this series becoming a slice of life nonsense romcom a while back, but the author has been staying on track for the most part. I'm impressed.

last edited at Jun 1, 2016 3:11PM

joined Jun 30, 2015

Here's why this manga is so tolerable. Even though this latest chapter is about The Succubus teacher having the hots for our male protagonist, this fact is told entirely through the aspect of world building. Everything about this situation is dedicated to explaining how succubi work in this universe. This is super important because it explains a lot about the Succubus teacher in general. The fact that she's so powerful and that her powers work on touch, then it makes sense that she'd wear a full body track suit all the time. The detective says it's rare that a succubus as powerful as her doesn't cause trouble, and even her character design reinforces the fact that she's making an active effort not to do so (regardless of the fact that she probably doesn't even know how to start that kind of 'trouble').

This is why the light harem elements are tolerable. Every time we're faced with it, the author gives us so much more beyond just that. I expressed concern about this series becoming a slice of life nonsense romcom a while back, but the author has been staying on track for the most part. I'm impressed.

There's nothing wrong with harem elements. It's just that they usually overshadow every other aspect of most universes to appeal to the mass market. For me personally it's like reading off a drama tag or comedy tag.

Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

So Kurt is gay is what I gathered from this chapter.

Nonsense. Who ever heard of a gay guy named Kurt?

KamaBlackbird
Acg1no
joined Jun 7, 2015

I really don't understand why you all call this a "harem" series. So there's a mild love triangle, what then? Kimagure Orange Road had that, and it was called a love comedy. But that's beside the point.
A "harem series" is described as a childish romantic fantasy for men who want all of the attention from the other sex but none of the emotional maturity and effort. It has nothing to do with fully fleshed-out characters exploring their feelings for someone else, which is what is happening here. You can't just stick the "harem" label on anything with heterosexual romance.

last edited at Jun 2, 2016 12:45PM

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I love how Hikari is never standing straight.

Aha2
joined Dec 27, 2015

Teen Sakie is so cute ( 〃▽〃)

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Well. Vampire chan and me are the same, i don't really like smokers either

KamaBlackbird
Acg1no
joined Jun 7, 2015

https://twitter.com/kikikiringring/status/750548440950706176

Have a Hikari cosplay. The author themselves retweeted it!

EDIT: new tweet https://twitter.com/suzuhico/status/750682065088110592

last edited at Jul 6, 2016 1:35PM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

https://twitter.com/kikikiringring/status/750548440950706176

Have a Hikari cosplay. The author themselves retweeted it!

Nice, but I'm disappointed she's not nib-nibing either Yuki-chan or her sister in there. ; ;

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Hikari bragging about her sister was cute. XD

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Hikari x Yuki ftw

Yumm... chewy ice cream.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

HikariYuki continues to be a possibility. Please dont kill it mangaka. ;-;

A55
joined Feb 20, 2016

everything about this makes me super happy... i don't even think i'd need to have any yuri in this to enjoy it (but hikariyuki would be a welcome addition)

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I don't think there will be any romance. It's not what this manga is about.

But the author didn't sink the Hikari x Yuki ship, that's something at least.

Dorohedoro_noi_big_smile
joined Feb 24, 2015

Nib-nibbing is back and I'm so happy!

joined Jun 30, 2015

The girls seem to be spending more and more time harassing iron man. I don't mind this.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Hikari knows the best treat for a nib-nib. <3

joined Apr 25, 2016

"it's hard and thick." XD

joined Jul 26, 2016

The girls seem to be spending more and more time harassing iron man. I don't mind this.

Hikari's been doing it for quite a while already but then she's by far the most brashly extroverted of the lot, and on the most informal "intergenerational friendship" basis with him. The other two have definitely been getting onto the "Let's Mess With Sensei" bandwagon more lately which is both hilarious and presumably indicative of gradual erosion of reservations over his nominal position.

"it's hard and thick." XD

50/50 whether she keeps dropping these double entendres intentionally or not...
Also amusing how Yuki caught at least enough of the "hair in mouth" one to be embarassed while Kyouko remained blessedly oblivious.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Hikari casually poking nipples = great chapter !

To reply you must either login or sign up.