Forum › Demi-chan wa Kataritai discussion

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Not really sure the heck is with that kurt boy... I mean, last page seems to indicate that he's some sort of detective, so probably here on some job with the "bear guy", but then why was he sitting there crying at the beginning of the chapter ? kinda doesn't make sense right now, so hoping next chapter gonna shed some light on that.

Also, dude got friendzoned while thinking he scored a girlfriend. XD

joined Apr 30, 2014

Bet Kurt's a girl.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Bet Kurt gets a harem of demi, because he's an incubus.

RIP yuri.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Well the yuri was never alive to begin with. :c

But it's safe to say this ain't gonna become Monster Musume: School Edition

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, Yuki-onna and Vampire-chan had some chemistry...

nib nib...

joined Jun 30, 2015

Well the yuri was never alive to begin with. :c

But it's safe to say this ain't gonna become Monster Musume: School Edition

Tbh, I honestly liked monster musume until the fanservice overshadowed all the social integration issues in the manga. It still has tidbits of that, but now it's obviously more about how much glistening boobage the artist can cram in a single chapter.

last edited at May 3, 2016 5:51PM

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

Tbh, I honestly liked monster musume until the fanservice overshadowed all the social integration issues in the manga. It still has tidbits of that, but now it's obviously more about how much glistening boobage the artist can cram in a single chapter.

Yeah, I also enjoyed how often he'd throw some plausible biology into the mix, but it seems like every character is less factual and more magical.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Is it just me, or there is no ounce of romance between vampire-chan and the teacher?

I means normally these sort of manga will slide down to harem fast. But i guess having sensei not acting like a 15 years old boy do distinguish a clear line between teacher-student relationship and romance.

Which is a good thing btw. Especially if the whole nib-nib actually has sexual innuendo for vampire. Hmm twincest or yuki-onna

last edited at May 12, 2016 2:12AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Still, even for the sake of research, teachers are not supposed to ask questions to their students about sex.

Part of the teacher training is warning you about not sexualizing your students and put the proper distance between you and them. That kind of topic should be reserved to a sex ed lecture where there's no ambiguity.

The situation here, with a teacher talking about sexual practices alone with a student is borderline creepy and were it not fiction, akin to sexual harassment. Even if he acts detached, he still sexualizes her.

last edited at May 12, 2016 2:31AM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Oh an important detail that may be missed in this new chapter:

Vampire-chan did suck blood from people once before. And The one who vampire-chan sucked blood from, most likely was her sister, probably resulted in some scar even. That's why her twin always button up her collar, and the only time she does not, she is emphasised on wearing a choker with a cross to cover/protect her neck.

last edited at May 12, 2016 2:35AM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Still, even for the sake of research, teachers are not supposed to ask questions to their students about sex.

Part of the teacher training is warning you about not sexualizing your students and put the proper distance between you and them. That kind of topic should be reserved to a sex ed lecture where there's no ambiguity.

The situation here, with a teacher talking about sexual practices alone with a student is borderline creepy and were it not fiction, akin to sexual harassment.

That is just from Western culture stand point I believe . In Asia or Japan in particular, putting a power distance with your students apparently is part of the job. Like you can't be too friendly with students, and normally have to act to be student models.

Hence on talking about sex, I believe in Japan and Asia alike, sex education is rather limited. And home room teacher tends to be the one who will be trained to handle student private issues, like relationship, sex or family problem. Of course they will have to act cool like cucumber on those issues just to get students opened up

last edited at May 12, 2016 10:29PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, here, it was the teacher who actually probed his student about her sexual practices, even though she was visibly embarassed about it. Anywhere in the world, it's uncalled for. If the students have questions or issues to talk about, no problem. But it's not something you should actively probe. He took her on her offer, but he shouldn't have.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

The situation here, with a teacher talking about sexual practices alone with a student is borderline creepy and were it not fiction, akin to sexual harassment. Even if he acts detached, he still sexualizes her.

I wouldnt call it sexualizing her it's more like research and study, and he says that to them. He also said that he became a teacher in stead of a biologist because he would have a better chance at talking to a demi because he couldnt get permission to conduct tests on demis. So in short is less about sexualizing them and more looking at them as test subjects( but more humane)

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's not much better. They are not lab rats.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's not much better. They are not lab rats.

You beat me to it, if anything that makes it worse.

joined May 23, 2015

Yeah, how dare he take interest in how the lives of minority group differ from his own!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, think of it as if he decided to teach in a school where there are a lot of children with disabilities, in wheelchairs or something. A school like the one in Katawa Shoujo. And then he goes on asking a teenage girl with no legs about her sex life, and "how do you do it when you have no legs? Just scientific curiosity, honest".

If you are that curious, you ask that kind of things to adults. Not to children you have authority over, who may be uncomfortable telling you off.

joined May 23, 2015

Yeah, sociological studies never involve children!

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I figured he would if he could, but as it was reminded on the opening of that extra, demis are actually a rare thing and it's exceptionnal that there are 4 of them gathered in one school. And first chapter, he mentioned how he tried to meet at least one demi and never managed to do that before that year.

So guess he just do with what he have. I agree he was a bit insensitive in the way he was all anatycal and noticed too late Hikari's embarassement, but then again, he wasn't being too creepy about it, mostly too "cold".

Also glad there's no actual sexual tension between the teacher and Hikari. Not because "booh, creepy", but because I ship her with the yuki ona girl. XD

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yeah, sociological studies never involve children!

Yeah, all teachers should interview their pupils about their sexual habits, for the sake of social studies.

Anyway, I know there is no sexual tension here and that he wasn't thinking about anything bad and that this interaction was meant to be humorous with the embarrassment of vampire-chan, with a cute kiss on the cheek at the end.

But to me, he came across as somewhat insensitive.

last edited at May 12, 2016 1:43PM

joined May 23, 2015

He wasn't asking about sexual habits, though. She was the one who had described it to him as being intimate, and all he did was ask to what degree. Which doesn't seem like an odd response to me.

He was really slow at reading the situation, I'll give you that, and misunderstood her getting flustered as meaning she didn't understanding what he was asking. Which was the reason he got a bit too frank about it. But as soon as he realized he was making her uncomfortable, he immediately cut if off and changed the subject.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Yeah, all teachers should interview their pupils about their sexual habits, for the sake of social studies.

It's the whole politically correct thingy by the exact meaning of the words. Because during social study in the past, there are many things that not only non-ethical by the letter of the laws, but could cause serious trauma later to the tested subject. However without someone sacrifice and try it out, we will never know or confirm in the first place.

So it's a grey area really. Yes, if you ask 20 politician and 20 scientists, they will all tell you that "No, it's a wrong thing to do". But if you can assure them 100% that they won't have to face social backlash/ consequences, my suspicion is the answer will move to the 50-50 mark, just like most politican/scientist/psychologists have done in the past. Not because they are unethical. But because their moral compass is different

(Since this is just a lighthearted fiction story , i guess the more appropriate answer is "who care". But I guess you really want to debate on that topic)

last edited at May 12, 2016 10:51PM

HopeFromYuri
5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

And there i hooked of

joined Jan 22, 2015

Succubus current fav

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

Even my love of yuri won't sink the Taka-Sakie ship.

To reply you must either login or sign up.