Forum › My Ignorance of a World Yet Unknown discussion

Raiden_chino
joined Aug 16, 2015

people forcing onto others is sooo tacky. Especially in yuri mangas when it's a guy just trying to prove their masculinity. It's kind of like the "I'm going to kiss/f**k the gayness out of you"

Tacky or not, a lot of men do think this way. And it would be right in line with Haruto's character in my opinion. Masculinity is legitimately terrifying.

Sure, he acted bad because he is heartbroken, but he was trying to found out if she had feelings for him, not to "cast out the gayness" of her or to prove he is an alpha male. The scene wasn't that different than when Asami kissed Minato while she was drunk.

last edited at Jun 5, 2016 5:52AM

Hitagi5%20-%20copy
joined Sep 25, 2014

people forcing onto others is sooo tacky. Especially in yuri mangas when it's a guy just trying to prove their masculinity. It's kind of like the "I'm going to kiss/f**k the gayness out of you"

Tacky or not, a lot of men do think this way. And it would be right in line with Haruto's character in my opinion. Masculinity is legitimately terrifying.

Sure, he acted bad because he is heartbroken, but he was trying to found out if she had feelings for him, not to "cast out the gayness" of her or to prove he is an alpha male. The scene wasn't that different from when Asami kissed Minato while she was drunk.

Moreover he didn't even, actually, kiss her...

gwennie-chan
67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Of course, this is the time the Rule of Drama says Minato goes over to Asami's apartment and finds the other girl, gets jealous, and it does the whole 'jealousy causes feelings awareness' thing while also causing more issues but eventually it makes or breaks the yuri couple.

yurinaissance
56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

Of course... You (haruto) and Asami are different. Shit!

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Well, after reading the chapter 5, it looks like Haru is really gonna get in the way. The good thing is that Minato is truly aware of her feelings towards Asami. That said, I have a bad feeling, it looks like something bad is about to happen.

This is really a good manga though

last edited at Jun 5, 2016 12:57PM

32104671_1715652908533240_2109611648586088448_n
joined Jul 30, 2015

Oh this Manga is realy good! ^ But..can someone push that guy away?! I hate it that this kind of mens destroy the wonderful lovestory.
Asami is so cool! :3

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

Sure, he acted bad because he is heartbroken, but he was trying to found out if she had feelings for him, not to "cast out the gayness" of her or to prove he is an alpha male. The scene wasn't that different than when Asami kissed Minato while she was drunk.

Asami's situation is actually very different. Still not the best, no, but if she hadn't kissed Minato, she would have never even realized dating her was a possibility. Minato already knows Haruto's feelings and has already rejected him. It was more of a last ditch effort to see if by pushing his feelings onto her could sway her in any way. It didn't work and he was together enough to notice and not take it any further which was good. But what worries me is his reaction afterwards. "That Minato, she's no good." He has constantly been in a position of power/influence over Minato and I'm afraid having that taken away is going to trigger him to enter "savior" mode because he thinks that he knows what is best for her.

HopeFromYuri
5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Oh the feels!

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

is this what it feels like to enjoy ntr?

No, because this isn't ntr, but perhaps you enjoy the idea of stealing another character's love interest. Regardless, in this case, it's not like Minato ever belonged to Haruto or anything in the first place

I think you don't exactly know what ntr really is. Doesn't matter if Haruto was Minato's lover or not. He wanted her but she was snatched by someone else first. This is NTR.

I know, it's the loss of a "love interest". It didn't seem clear that I knew tho
Its just that a lot of ppl mistake that ntr = cheating so it was more or less on my mind when I wrote that, when I combined it with my feeling of disdain for the dude
What I meant about it not being ntr tho, is that it doesn't matter that Haru to lost his L.I., because Haruto isn't the focus of the story . Ntr isn't the loss of just any character

Po
joined Oct 29, 2014

man look at this salty ass dude the fuck oh hell no manga or not he got me mad

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Haruto scored a lot of points in my book when he took being shot down by Minato really well and simply wished her the best in her love life. He promptly lost them when he freaked the fuck out after actually seeing her in a relationship.

What I'm wondering is if Haruto was simply underestimating his own jealousy and would've had just as strong a reaction if he had seen Minato with another guy, or if it's the fact that she's in a lesbian relationship that he finds so objectionable.

last edited at Jun 5, 2016 10:11PM

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

It's getting a lil real.

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

Asami's situation is actually very different. Still not the best, no, but if she hadn't kissed Minato, she would have never even realized dating her was a possibility. Minato already knows Haruto's feelings and has already rejected him. It was more of a last ditch effort to see if by pushing his feelings onto her could sway her in any way. It didn't work and he was together enough to notice and not take it any further which was good. But what worries me is his reaction afterwards. "That Minato, she's no good." He has constantly been in a position of power/influence over Minato and I'm afraid having that taken away is going to trigger him to enter "savior" mode because he thinks that he knows what is best for her.

^this
yeah i dint feel any threat on the kiss attempt, but that line by the sure implies he'll butt in.

joined Jun 17, 2014

Hoooo boi, this is Gettn gud

35c990f6-7c27-4620-972d-5aaee310af25-15976-00000b53e4662256
joined Jun 6, 2016

Man, I wish Haruto wouldn't end up like those characters who ends up breaking the two apart.

Crazycatlady89
Shitsurakuen3avatar
joined Jul 29, 2014

Haruto scored a lot of points in my book when he took being shot down by Minato really well and simply wished her the best in her love life. He promptly lost them when he freaked the fuck out after actually seeing her in a relationship.

What I'm wondering is if Haruto was simply underestimating his own jealousy and would've had just as strong a reaction if he had seen Minato with another guy, or if it's the fact that she's in a lesbian relationship that he finds so objectionable.

I think his reaction would have been as strong if it had been another guy. This chapter really showed how deep his emotions towards her are.
I can't imagine it really, holding out for someone like this only to find out they are gay(ish). He's probably thinking that she never had any feelings for him at all and he did kinda expect them to get married when they grew up, as childish as that hope is I can sympathize. I mean even if she rejected his proposal he was probably still holding out hope that it was just fear of commitment rather than outright rejection.

I feel bad for him even if he isn't her endgame.

Images
joined Sep 19, 2015

OMG !! had a feeling that haruto will intervene between asami and minato nooo!!

last edited at Jun 10, 2016 9:11AM

A%20hentai
joined Feb 16, 2016

This is really good. I gotta admit, I thought Asami was a bad girl at first, but she's really very cool. Minato is very cute and naive. Manase is really sweet and much better than most childhood friends (he'd be a really good option if Minato was actually interested in him as anything other than a brother, but she isn't), but he should have said something to Minato before, rather than the week she got a girlfriend. He took her for granted. I understand his being jealous, but hope he accepts their relationship and doesn't intervene or cause too much drama. I want to continue liking him. -_-;

Main criticism is using the "b-but we're both girls!" thing like Every Single Yuri Manga uses (more comedic shoujo-ai isn't nearly as big a perpetrator), but it's not that bad about it (yet).

last edited at Jun 12, 2016 4:05PM

A%20hentai
joined Feb 16, 2016

I think his reaction would have been as strong if it had been another guy. This chapter really showed how deep his emotions towards her are.
I can't imagine it really, holding out for someone like this only to find out they are gay(ish). He's probably thinking that she never had any feelings for him at all and he did kinda expect them to get married when they grew up, as childish as that hope is I can sympathize. I mean even if she rejected his proposal he was probably still holding out hope that it was just fear of commitment rather than outright rejection.

I feel bad for him even if he isn't her endgame.

Yeah, his reaction THUS FAR has been totally understandable.

13051743_10209394128839678_5264927321810147707_n
joined Mar 19, 2016

Another abandoned, why drop only the best? D':
I need more of thiiiiiiiiiiis

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

It is not dropped, updates are just irregular 'cuz the current translator is busy. But they're doing it for free on their spare time so we should thank them.

You can read the chapter 5 in spanish here

.. and you can find the raws too if you want to see what happens that badly [ yes, I did it..]

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

It is not dropped, updates are just irregular 'cuz the current translator is busy. But they're doing it for free on their spare time so we should thank them.

You can read the chapter 5 in spanish here

.. and you can find the raws too if you want to see what happens that badly [ yes, I did it..]

Thanks for sharing the chapter 5 :D (I'm native spanish so it's better than see raws xDD)

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Batten down the hatches it's about to go full Naoko Kodama in here

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

Minato is the so goddam stupid. I know what lets tell Haruto when he is drunk that's the best time it’s not like his going to be resentful or anything. I know what would be more perfect is if I go see him first, instead of calling Asami and telling her I’ll be late like any normal person would. This mess is caused by Minato who is clueless as a blonde but I guess this is where the angst comes from.

I’m guessing now Haruto will say his banging Minato and Asumi will most likely have sex with her friend, to make herself feel better for being stood up.

Images
joined Sep 19, 2015

Thank goodness its not dropped I will literally cry if it did!! But still why does.it.take long to update.anyway? Is it the translation?

To reply you must either login or sign up.