Forum › Citrus discussion

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

the latest chapter has me hnnnnggnngnngngnng so hard right now~

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

^^ Well that's… scary. ò.Ô

Finish volume 5 and did I mention that I love Yuzu and Harumin? Probably not enough. It's kinda ironic that Saburouta actually does better at depicting the heartwarming friendship between these two than the romance with Mei. Although… alright, that aspect is getting a bit better too now.

Also, I wanna read that Momoiro Shimai VN. XD "If you're that interested, then I could… zzzzz" Apparently Mei's lewdness detector overheated and cut off her power.

And it seems that glasses student council girl has feelings for Mitsuko.

Well, good going I guess, Saburo.

last edited at May 25, 2016 7:13PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Urashi C. Pin posted:

the latest chapter has me so hard right now~

I don't think we really needed to know this.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Urashi C. Pin posted:

the latest chapter has me so hard right now~

I don't think we really needed to know this.

Wait seriously?

the latest chapter has me hnnnnggnngnngngnng so hard right now~

Well idk if you're joking, but just in case, they're using "hnngg" as a verb. By cutting that out, yeah, it gives the sentence a different meaning. That's what happens when you cut words out.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Faust posted:

Well idk if you're joking, but just in case, they're using "hnngg" as a verb. By cutting that out, yeah, it gives the sentence a different meaning. That's what happens when you cut words out.

Yeah, I knew what they meant. I was just making a bad joke.

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

lol im dead

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

What's the latest chapter, by the way? 21? 22? And is it still bi-monthly?

joined Jun 12, 2015

The latest chapter is 21. And it's bi-monthly 'cause Yuri Hime is still a bi-monthly magazine.

joined Sep 21, 2014

The latest chapter is 21. And it's bi-monthly 'cause Yuri Hime is still a bi-monthly magazine.

I guess it still is, but what happened to the announcements saying it was gonna be monthly in 2016? :<

joined Jun 12, 2015

I guess it still is, but what happened to the announcements saying it was gonna be monthly in 2016? :<

Well, the rumor says they're finally prepering to become monthly. But I don't know how they manage to do that if their new series like Shoujo Shikkaku, Last Waltz, Prince Prince, Sumedo Jigoku no Inferno ended recently and their endings looks rushed. Like editors just cut those series. All of them closed just in 2 volumes. Also Takemiya Jin will no longer be a regular in Yuri Hime :( So, YH editors have to bring new authors with good ideas for yuri stories or they will end up just with Yuru Yuri and Citrus in a monthly " yuri magazine."

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I wonder if the increased pace would have an impact on Citrus' art... Hopefully not.

…I'm just curious, what series is your avatar from, h3x? (if it is from a series)

last edited at May 27, 2016 7:45PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

I wonder if the increased pace would have an impact on Citrus' art... Hopefully not.

…I'm just curious, what series is your avatar from, h3x? (if it is from a series)

It's a "Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o" promo art. And that's Mai and Reo. One of the most popular couples from the series.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Ah yes, SonoHana… I never went beyond the first game. I wonder if later episodes are better...

Regarding Citrus, I was wondering... How would Mei's grandfather react if he knew that she and Yuzu were in that kind of relationship? Yuzu's mom would not take it too badly I think... probably... But the grandpa?

last edited at May 29, 2016 4:00PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Regarding Citrus, I was wondering... How would Mei's grandfather react if he knew that she and Yuzu were in that kind of relationship? Yuzu's mom would not take it too badly I think... probably... But the grandpa?

Bruuhh I was thinking the same thing
Now that they're dating and all, and everything is supposedly chill, I was wondering what would happen next. I guess that unless Saburouta finds another bs obstacle to throw into their path and make them struggle, one of the important (and perhaps final) struggles to deal with has got to be that they're stepsisters and that besides Matsuri, Sara and Nina, nobody is aware of it going on. Besides Harumin knowing that Yuzu is in love with someone, no one even like, questions it (besides Momo, who is jelly of Yuzu being close iirc, there are legit no questions asked), no one noticed Yuzu's gaynst in the last months.
If I had to take a guess, the final arc could be about how other people see them (?). No one really asked Yuzu or Mei (except Matsuri), I can't remember either of them trying to hide their relationship. I'm guessing they would, but they never actually faced such a situation, no? Where they would have to lie about it?
The sketchiest thing to happen with a witness, was like that time the grandfather walked in on Mei having a mini crisis and Yuzu on her bed with her shirt half undone. Wtf was that reaction of his though? He didn't ask any questions? He recognized that it looked indecent af but low key turned a blind eye to it and just expelled her?
Anyways that's an issue I wanna see tackled, cus I don't even remember Yuzu trying to hide what's going on, she just doesn't mention it/white lies lmao (and reads yuri incest manga in Harumin's presence)

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

no one noticed Yuzu's gaynst in the last months.

Well, she didn't really have much "gayngst"... She quickly realizes she's in love with Mei, and fully embraces this feeling just as quickly.

But indeed, they've never had to actually hide it so far (it's not like Mei acts particularly promiscuous in public, anyway). I think Harumin suspects it at the very least.

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Is anyone else kind of surprised Mei is attracted to Yuzu? I like them as a couple for the sake of the story, but sometimes I have difficulty seeing those two types of people naturally together...

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Is anyone else kind of surprised Mei is attracted to Yuzu? I like them as a couple for the sake of the story, but sometimes I have difficulty seeing those two types of people naturally together...

IMO, not really. Yuzu got to show off her good points several times.

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

IMO, not really. Yuzu got to show off her good points several times.

Ahh, I see. It's probably just me then.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I'm honestly more baffled that Yuzu is attracted to Mei, but hey, love's weird I guess.

But it's true that Mei doesn't express her love that much compared to Yuzu who's clearly head-over-heels...

last edited at May 31, 2016 8:06PM

Blank-face-emoji
joined Mar 8, 2016

I am not very aware of anything so...just a question, is this manga still updated? I've seen the latest chapters in some websites but how come it wasn't updated here?

joined Sep 21, 2014

I am not very aware of anything so...just a question, is this manga still updated? I've seen the latest chapters in some websites but how come it wasn't updated here?

The chapters on mainstream ripoff sites are rough editing and translations, by fans tired of waiting and wanting to put out something so that ppl can at least understand the gist of the plot

Edit: I messed up a word and wanted to edit that, despite being quotes lol

last edited at Jun 1, 2016 3:58AM

Blank-face-emoji
joined Mar 8, 2016

The chapters on mainstream ripoff sites are rough editing and translations, by fans tired of waiting and waiting to put out something so that ppl can at least understand the gist of the plot

Ah. I see. Now that you've explained it, I kinda understand now why the quality is rather...okay, no comment. Thanks anyway.

joined Sep 21, 2014

The chapters on mainstream ripoff sites are rough editing and translations, by fans tired of waiting and waiting to put out something so that ppl can at least understand the gist of the plot

Ah. I see. Now that you've explained it, I kinda understand now why the quality is rather...okay, no comment. Thanks anyway.

Like, it's kinda really pooks, the quality of their scanlations, but I appreciate the effort to get it out after all the waiting/getting to it as soon as there's a new chapter, to appease our thirsty hearts

pooks is a slang that probably doesn't work, or exist in informal english, derived from spooky, that means "not legit", "sketchy", "of questionable state". It can be used to describe lots of shit I guess, idr if it can mean other things but that's what it means in this context.

last edited at Jun 1, 2016 4:06AM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Huh, I didn't expect to find it with a mere youtube search, but someone actually translated some of the Drama CD stories…

The voices fit quite well: Yuzu and Harumin's are awesome and lively, Matsuri's is irritating. Mei's is… well, Mei's. You can't really put a lot of acting in her voice.

last edited at Jun 3, 2016 1:21PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Mei's is… well, Mei's. You can't really put a lot of acting in her voice.

I kinda get excited when I hear her voice tho, because I mainly think of Minami Tsuda as Yui's VA (from YuruYuri) and I just find it really cool, to recognize the same voice for such different kinds of cool characters yes I find Yui hella cool

To reply you must either login or sign up.