Forum › Citrus discussion

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Also, there's a new PV. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDEcrOpo27g

Oh shit I missed this, new pv focused completely on volume 5 tho
Mei whispering into Yuzu's ear and beating her ass with the umbrella were probs the best parts

last edited at May 19, 2016 12:24AM

joined May 23, 2013

Kari: Haha I thoughtt it was about time people would stop talking crap about citrus this is one gold that is cover with metal just to see how many last on it. Yes baby it's gonna be back :)

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Rough translation of episode 21

http://imgur.com/a/e466p

joined Sep 21, 2014

The phrasing is much better this time

joined Dec 4, 2015

Since Yuri Project has dropped this, can another group who's translating Citrus (from the Japanese raws and good typesetting) take over on Dynasty?

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Wow! What a funny turn of events~

Before, Yuzu would like to touch Mei in any way she can.
Now, Yuzu runs away at the sight of Mei.

And Mei is just confused from it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Good god, those two need to get laid.

joined May 23, 2013

Since Yuri Project has dropped this, can another group who's translating Citrus (from the Japanese raws and good typesetting) take over on Dynasty?

When did we ever mention we have drop it.

joined Dec 4, 2015

Isn't it stalled because no one wants to translate it? If you don't have translators, but another group does (with their own raws and typesetters and whatever it takes), I don't think it'd be a problem.

last edited at May 19, 2016 3:41PM

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Isn't it stalled because no one wants to translate it? If you don't have translators, but another group does (with their own raws and typesetters and whatever it takes), I don't think it'd be a problem.

I always figured the case was that there were no tank raws, because there were none. 5 only just came out.

joined Dec 4, 2015

I always figured the case was that there were no tank raws, because there were none. 5 only just came out.

From what I've read, it was because there are no translators available.
I don't know what Dynasty's policy is, but they allowed YagaKimi to be translated by a group that was actually interested and uploaded timely (and quality) translations. If another group is doing the same with Citrus, I think that should be considered at least.

joined Sep 21, 2014

I don't know what Dynasty's policy is

It's not Dynasty's call to make, but the scan teams
Yagate Kimi ni Naru was dropped, iHoshiku disappeared or something, so YP took it up. Before YP had taken it actually, iirc, 4s was already taking charge of its translation, "to fill that void~". (idk about 4s tbh, they seem to be a group that only works on Yagate/formed to work on Yagate). It's just that after YP dropped it, the 4s scans just weren't uploaded. Like they've always been there after ihoshiku disappeared, but they just werent uploaded, I think

But for Citrus tho, I know that an editor or two are still working on it. They are lacking the translations yeah, and have done at least the last two chapters based on chinese to english translations (who I guess are fuckin efficient at scanlating manga). I don't remember the previous ones, but chapter 19-20 was supppeerr roughly translated and worded. 21 is rather impressive compared to them

last edited at May 19, 2016 11:39PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Faust posted:

They are lacking the translations yeah, and have done at least the last two chapters based on chinese to english translations (who I guess are fuckin efficient at scanlating manga).

Well there are a billion Chinese. The English speaking world only numbers around the same in total if you include ESL people.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Faust posted:

They are lacking the translations yeah, and have done at least the last two chapters based on chinese to english translations (who I guess are fuckin efficient at scanlating manga).

Well there are a billion Chinese. The English speaking world only numbers around the same in total if you include ESL people.

I know, I speak it. Well, both.
I just didn't realise how much more.. accessible it is, chinese scanlations? I guess?
Idk how to put it. But I mentioned efficiency cus they had the chinese scans up and ready like, a day later. I'm just really impressed

last edited at May 20, 2016 3:06AM

joined Dec 4, 2015

Seems like /u/ definitely picked it up - a good translation (from japanese) for chapter 20 is over there. The translator is working on the latest chapter, 21, and the typesetter is ready. I'd guess the QCers too.
Would Dynasty accept that?

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I kinda hoped this series would be lost to yuri hell forever.
But ok then i'm not sure how the upload process works but I think you need permission from a mod first.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

If we're getting the okay from Dynasty, we're going to upload our Citrus translations (Japanese to English, on HQ raws) here. I don't see the issue, personally, unless there's a hierarchy of some sorts.

Chapter 20 is ready to go. 21 is in the works, but our translator and editor are pretty fast.

Ehhh, it's kind of a odd time for it. It looks like YP just got someone willing to work on it but... I think it'd probably be OK?

joined May 23, 2013

If we're getting the okay from Dynasty, we're going to upload our Citrus translations (Japanese to English, on HQ raws) here. I don't see the issue, personally, unless there's a hierarchy of some sorts.

Chapter 20 is ready to go. 21 is in the works, but our translator and editor are pretty fast.

Ehhh, it's kind of a odd time for it. It looks like YP just got someone willing to work on it but... I think it'd probably be OK?

Yp has it cover :) their current editor it's working on it.

joined Sep 21, 2014

What about chapters 17-19?
Are they ever gonna be uploaded/done?

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Yp has it cover :) their current editor it's working on it.

but of course, we can wait

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I reread the first two volumes since they recently came out in France. Like Lady Freiya earlier in this thread, I mostly bought them to inflate the numbers and repair the criminal lack of yuri in a country that legalized same-sex marriage three years ago.

And I somewhat have a better appreciation for them than on my first reading… I guess? Maybe it's because of the tl, or the fact nothing beats real paper volumes. Still, while I find the series relatively okay, I can't help but think it got popular for all the wrong reasons − actually, I seriously thought Saburouta was a guy, at first.

On one hand I kinda wish the main romance was between Yuzu and Harumin, as I love both of them to bits, but on the other hand they'd probably not work as well as a romantic couple… They feel more like buddies who are on the same wavelength, just not "that" wavelength.

Still, no matter how much hidden depths Mei may or may not have, I just can't manage to like her. Everything she does or says only irritates me. And I can't figure out how Yuzu fell in love withher so quickly in the first place. Or how she fell for her at all. Her attraction looks more like lust than anything else to me, honestly. To the point I'm quite amazed they still haven't gone 3rd base yet.

So I'm often like...

Of course I'm not bothered by the fact that physical attraction and lustful desire are acknowledged as a part of love, and especially teenage love, but rather that it seems to be the sole factor in the equation here − at least before their bond deepens somewhat. Yuzu falls for Mei because she's hot and did a couple of lewd things to her, basically.

…Oh, and Matsuri is horrible, and that's all I have to say. >.>

last edited at May 22, 2016 7:35PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The relationship between Mei and Yuzu is one slowly developed, with chapter 8 being more or less the biggest turnout point for them. Matsuri is a bitch, no doubt about it but she is the catalyst for the girls to get closer.

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

At first, it was lust/physical attraction. Then it grew into something deeper. Personally, I think the turning point for Yuzu was when they visited her fathers grave. She realized that she had to find a way to give Mei sisterly love. I think then was when she realized the vulnerability of Mei and Yuzu wanted to protect her.

I do think Mei is an ass, but I think she's slowly getting better. She's slowly letting Yuzu in. Mei is complicated...hopefully eventually we will get to see what happened to her mom. I think that has a lot to do with it.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

…I was a few chapters behind it seems, silly me. So I started volume 5 in raw, because the unproofed tl of chap 17 was a bit painful to read.

1. God I love Yuzu. Actually, I generally like when protagonists are no longer the newcomers and start to have "juniors" whom they inspire. Nene is perfect in the role of that junior, and Yuzu perfect in this new role. I pretty much had the same reaction: "yep, that's Yuzu, I wouldn't have it any other way!" She's still screwed, though. >.>

2. So, err… Harumi's sis has long since graduated from the school and is no longer a part of it, but she still has the power to call out and punish students, somehow? How the hell does their school work?

3. Yeaaaah… Mei is becoming a tad more sympathetic I guess. In her own annoying way, but I'll take that over her pre-hookup self. That umbrella strike was a pretty cool scene, I must say.

4. This cover… The bubble above Yuzu's head reminded me of this for some reason. X)

hopefully eventually we will get to see what happened to her mom. I think that has a lot to do with it.

Huh… I had completely forgotten that we knew nothing about her mom. ò.Ô

last edited at May 24, 2016 7:03PM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014
  1. So, err… Harumi's sis has long since graduated from the school and is no longer a part of it, but she still has the power to call out and punish students, somehow? How the hell does their school work?

I'll just copy-paste it here from sssr at batoto:

It's not manga logic and she doesn't have to be a teacher. In most elite schools in East Asia, especially in Japan, alumni hold disproportionate power over the student body due to the influence of alumni associations. To get a feel of this influence, go read medical and business manga where the reach and extent of alumni associations are discussed in detail. It's not fictional. Suffice to say alumni associations open doors for the students. Be it entry to elite corporations, access to prestigious hospitals, or even something as simple as a comfortable stay in a university (where a lot of your high school alumni can be found), your graduated seniors are important for your future career.

Conversely, it is important for said alumni to maintain the quality of their juniors. If you're expected to hire your juniors as underlings in your personal clique in the company, you damn well make sure they're competent and presentable. This usually means going back to school to interact (intervene?) directly with the students. I went to an elite all-male high school and my first job was working as underling for an alumnus of that school. Literally all the top graders of my high school graduation class got recruited there (I wasn't one of them, just knew one who was). Heck, I got my second job due to the boss having unshakable belief in the quality of my school's students. As you can see from the fact I'm even commenting here, that belief may have been misplaced, but, hey, not my fault.

For the record I don't mess with the school or its students. I know guys who do, but personally I dislike this system (yes, despite having taken advantage of it twice).

If anything, big sis' LACK of influence in the manga is severely unrealistic. At her age my aunt was complaining loudly to school administrators over the perceived loosening of students' "morality" in the years since she graduated (from her all-girls elite Catholic school). The scary thing was that they listened to her and let her literally retrain the school's student council on how to do their jobs. This is an old family story (happened in the early '70s) told proudly by mom about 20 years ago to my decidedly unenthusiastic little sister who at that very moment found out the source of her high school woes...

To reply you must either login or sign up.