Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

joined Oct 12, 2013

All You Need is Love

Why am I laughing so hard at this?

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

All You Need is Love

uuh elaborate on why you think it's funny?
The choice of the french licensed title?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

All You Need is Love

I'm guessing because that's the title of a Beatles song?

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Are you kidding me. We never have any LGBTQ works license here in my country. The entire creatures of the government are all homophobic.

Not sure if the government has anything to do with manga licences. >.> Though it may depend on the country.

Anyway, yeah Faust, I guess Citrus isn't the only one, but they're generally pretty hard to find. Especially compared to the shitton of yaoi on the shelves.

(…What's The Secret Recipe worth, for that matter? Makes me curious…)

last edited at May 3, 2016 11:09AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Are you kidding me. We never have any LGBTQ works license here in my country. The entire creatures of the government are all homophobic.

Not sure if the government has anything to do with manga licences. >.> Though it may depend on the country.

Anyway, yeah Faust, I guess Citrus isn't the only one, but they're generally pretty hard to find. Especially compared to the shitton of yaoi on the shelves.

(…What's The Secret Recipe worth, for that matter? Makes me curious…)

Well if the government is homophobic...
I guess it means they can do stuff like ban and censor or overall "discourage" gay stuff
If they're not on the shelves, you can still order the yuri titles right? Like they're still available in french so that's nice

It's been a while since I've read it so I don't really remember, but I think it was overall fine, [The Secret] Recipe(http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sojf8u) I think it got better as it progressed more but I'm not sure I don't remember xD

last edited at May 3, 2016 11:16AM

joined Oct 12, 2013

All You Need is Love

Because my reaction to Feelings would hardly be that any of them needed more 'love'.

Though I am jealous at all the releases France is getting.

joined Sep 21, 2014

All You Need is Love

Because my reaction to Feelings would hardly be that any of them needed more 'love'.

Oh so you found it to be an ironic title
But yeah I'm jelly of it too, given that I can actually read that shit but it's just so unavailable to Canada. It's like a mix of hope and despair
Probs how ppl feel when there's english licensing but they don't live in a country where the purchasing of such releases is easy

last edited at May 3, 2016 12:30PM

joined Oct 12, 2013

All You Need is Love

Oh so you found it to be an ironic title
But yeah I'm jelly of it too, given that I can actually read that shit but it's just so unavailable to Canada. It's like a mix of hope and despair
Probs how ppl feel when there's english licensing but they don't live in a country where the purchasing of such releases is easy

amazon.fr?

joined Sep 21, 2014

amazon.fr?

$$$$$$ + shipping

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

$$$$$$ + shipping

That's pretty much what I do for titles not released in my country.

BolbyNasution
Img_283753346996831
joined Jan 12, 2014

In my country, yes, the government has its own department handling the censorship of every media (tv show, film, comics etc etc) ;-;
They'll consider LGBTQ as destroying the moral of the nation or whatever they call it. Sadly though, they don't realize that the thing which destroy our morals is the unqualified tv shows. Basically the tv shows are full of crap and shits

joined Jun 30, 2015

I can't believe it's already licenced in the US, with only 2 volumes out…

Here in France the only yuri stuff we got licenced is Citrus. =[

If you mean recently, yes
Otherwise France also has:
All You Need is Love/The Feelings We All Must Endure
Sweet Guilty Love Bites
Shoujo Sect
Pas à pas/Hoshikawa Ginza District 4
Inu & Neko/Inugami-san and Nekoyama-san
Hanjuku Joshi
Orange Lips/Kuchibiru ni Suketa Orange
Sweet Little Devil
La Recette secrète/The Secret Recipe
Maka Maka (still in print too)
Elles/Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter by Eiki Eiki and Zaou Taishi
Lost Paradise

And damn am I salty and jelly about it, I want half of those titles

Wait France has Hoshikawa Ginza District 4? I didn't find them when I was living there, and I just left France recently. Damn. It is one of my favorites.

Other than those titles, there are Girl Friends and Secret Girlfriends, plus Ebisu-san and Hotei-san. I found Citrus as well, but I didn't buy the manga as I was about to leave then.

On topic: Damn the sister is so perceptive.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Wait France has Hoshikawa Ginza District 4? I didn't find them when I was living there, and I just left France recently. Damn. It is one of my favorites.

Other than those titles, there are Girl Friends and Secret Girlfriends, plus Ebisu-san and Hotei-san. I found Citrus as well, but I didn't buy the manga as I was about to leave then.

Damn how can I forget Ebisu & Hotei, I was sure I put them in the list, guess not
Maybe you didn't find HGDistict 4 cus the title is... entirely something else

But yeah on topic tho, seems like we can finally not use spoiler tags about those chapters anymore

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

oh my god I love Rei so much now.

joined Jan 4, 2014

These last four updates are so amazingly and mind meltingly cute. I've liked this story from the beginning, but it is shaping up more and more to be one of the greats in my mind. And the sister is brilliantly evil in her perceptiveness...

gwennie-chan
67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Yes moar lesbians. Please tell me the sister mentions something about it and the teachers' relationship gets revealed and encourages the young couple to finally get together already and what not.

joined Jun 30, 2015

Damn how can I forget Ebisu & Hotei, I was sure I put them in the list, guess not
Maybe you didn't find HGDistict 4 cus the title is... entirely something else

Uhm no, I visited Fnac and they did put every Yuri title to one corner like they did with any other genre. I didn't find HGD4. Maybe it was released quite a time before and got sold out? I should have checked and ordered on Internet.

One thing I hate about France's manga publishing is that they cannot use their own translated title and overuse English titles. Their translation is another thing.

last edited at May 8, 2016 10:33PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

One thing I hate about France's manga publishing is that they cannot use their own translated title and overuse English titles. Their translation is another thing.

What do you mean by that?

Are their translations good? I mainly read manga in english but I've a fair share in french too and it seemed fine, though tbh I don't think I can tell if a translation is bad or anything

last edited at May 8, 2016 10:36PM

joined Jun 30, 2015

Are their translations good? I mainly read manga in english but I've a fair share in french too and it seemed fine, though tbh I don't think I can tell if a translation is bad or anything

Hmm... I notice that most of the titles of manga I saw are in English. While I have no issue with the titles themselves, I would love it more if they could think of a good title in French, unless the original titles are already in Engrish.

About the translation, sometimes I get the issue with how the translators change the way the characters address the others. For example, while it is normal in France for classmates to call each other with first name, it is not always the case in Japan. Teachers also do not always call students by their first names as well.

I understand that honorifics are hard to translate, but well, they could just keep the first-name and last-name basis like in the original version.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Hmm... I notice that most of the titles of manga I saw are in English. While I have no issue with the titles themselves, I would love it more if they could think of a good title in French, unless the original titles are already in Engrish.

About the translation, sometimes I get the issue with how the translators change the way the characters address the others. For example, while it is normal in France for classmates to call each other with first name, it is not always the case in Japan. Teachers also do not always call students by their first names as well.

I understand that honorifics are hard to translate, but well, they could just keep the first-name and last-name basis like in the original version.

Oh I see, to prioritize french titles over english ones
They take off the honorifics? Like, -san, -chan, -senpai and such?
Hmm that's kinda a bummer, cus it indicates how close x ppl are with others

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Boy, both Touko and Yuu are really messed up on their expectatives about what being in a relationship means. I trust Nakatani but this a recipe for disaster.

Yuu's sister is the best and so are the Teacher and her GF. I would totally read a spinoff focused in them

Avatar_200px_moyashimon_aspergillus-oryzae
joined Mar 14, 2014

Sayaka has ultimate yuri-dar.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

cool throw in more lesbians I'm all for that.

joined Jun 30, 2015

Oh I see, to prioritize french titles over english ones
They take off the honorifics? Like, -san, -chan, -senpai and such?
Hmm that's kinda a bummer, cus it indicates how close x ppl are with others

Taking off the honorifics is fine. I feel more natural that way, but maybe it is just my perspective.

However they did not try to keep the honorifics' feel in the translation. Asian culture has strong emphasis on hierarchy, familiarity and stuffs, losing it would be quite an issue. Some characters for instance has a straight-laced personality, so they will likely use last name basis; making them using first names instead would deal a blow to their character.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Nooo.. how cute were these chapters, the last one especially. The adult side yuri couple reminds me a little bit of the other adult couple in Aoi Hana too. At first I thought they'd be sisters because similar hair colors before the introduction but after showing them living together i was like 'they have to be a couple right? right? yes!!'

I hope they become more involved with the story too, sensei seems really nice and caring after all.

To reply you must either login or sign up.