Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V3

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Galich posted:

I may not notice something here, but would it be possible to add an option to show items in lists by the alphabetical order? With the lists system being very neat, I was really surprised to not find this option, which seems like a no-brainer for me. Then again, it might be somewhere in a super obvious place and I'm simply unable to find it.

I also find it annoying that the lists order very randomly it seems based sometimes on when you add things and sometimes when it was released on here.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

gwennie-chan posted:

I also find it annoying that the lists order very randomly it seems based sometimes on when you add things and sometimes when it was released on here.

I believe things are ordered according to their ID in the site's database. That's why it seems kinda like it's ordered by date but not quite since the date something was released doesn't always correspond to when it was added to the site.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Speaking of the lists, there's a minor inconsistency with adding chapters etc. to your favorites. If you tag something you had already marked as "to read" to your favorites, the item doesn't get removed from the former list, unlike when you tag it as "read". I know it's not the world's first problem, but it gets confusing if you often mark chapters as "to read" and don't go through them one-by-one.

Starfire%20loves%20mustard
joined Apr 26, 2016

I can't remember the username for the account I made before so I just made this one.

The recovery Emil does not tell me my old name, we need to fix that.

last edited at Apr 26, 2016 10:08PM

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

We've got a number of ... pseudo-series? Basically connected stories that share tanks with unconnected stories, and sometimes span multiple tanks. Currently, these are handled the same way we would a conventional multi-volume series. The advantage to this is all the chapters are easy to find, easy to navigate, and they have a single chat thread. The problem is that this ends up cluttering the author pages with redundant and confusing entries.

Ideally there would be a different type of tags for this sort of series—say, "Story"; then rather than displaying them their covers with the rest, there would be a list of stories (where applicable) before the list of one-shots.

joined Jul 22, 2015

Cyfer posted:

We've got a number of ... pseudo-series? Basically connected stories that share tanks with unconnected stories, and sometimes span multiple tanks. Currently, these are handled the same way we would a conventional multi-volume series. The advantage to this is all the chapters are easy to find, easy to navigate, and they have a single chat thread. The problem is that this ends up cluttering the author pages with redundant and confusing entries.

Ideally there would be a different type of tags for this sort of series—say, "Story"; then rather than displaying them their covers with the rest, there would be a list of stories (where applicable) before the list of one-shots.

Amen to that, especially Honey & Mustard, Office Romance, and everything which is really a series and needs to be put together into one big thing. The story proper is spread out over two main and one minor place.

joined Jul 22, 2015

I would also like to suggest a Rapey tag because honestly there are some really rape-like places where tagging Rape is a grey area that modmins have trouble deciding on.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

This is more of a question than anything else, but why is it that images are uploaded every few days as opposed to daily like the chapters and one shots?

Maco%20v0.1%20320px%20opt
joined Apr 2, 2011

I think Akira Sawano should be Sawano Akira, since Dynasty normally uses the Japanese name order.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Tag suggestion: furigana - meaning, in the original. I have certainly bought stuff without it, but it speeds up the reading 500% for me, I would estimate. It's a big jump from that to reading characters without it, especially as they're lettered in manga. I suppose English-only readers would be like, that tells me nothing. My first consideration is, can I buy it through Honto, my 2nd is, does it have furigana? Shinozaki-San-Ki-wo-Ota-Shikani meets both criteria, so I am buying every tankoban as they come out. It's not like "licensed" In English, but it is more info.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Marion Diabolito posted:

Tag suggestion: furigana - meaning, in the original.

What furigana has to do with original?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Marion Diabolito posted:

I think they mean if the original volume or issue, it has furigana in it. Not sure how we'd know that in a lot of cases though.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nezchan posted:

Marion Diabolito posted:

I think they mean if the original volume or issue, it has furigana in it. Not sure how we'd know that in a lot of cases though.

Ah I was reading it in the hurry so I read it as furigana = orignal. Anyway yea, it isn't really dynasty job to research if any given release has furigana in original or not. Sure people who are scanlating it in the first place can answer that but it kinda sounds like really personal request.

joined Jul 22, 2015

This is more of a question than anything else, but why is it that images are uploaded every few days as opposed to daily like the chapters and one shots?

One of the staff, drpepperfan, largely does images based on requests sent in for images. Manga pulls from lots of different scanlator groups with uploaders with permissions on here.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

@norainhere It's kind of awkward to explain fully...If you pop in IRC i can probably try and talk about it with you. I dunno.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

@norainhere It's kind of awkward to explain fully...If you pop in IRC i can probably try and talk about it with you. I dunno.

Ah, that's ok. I have no idea how to use IRC and I won't even have access to a laptop for a few days, so maybe some other time.

joined Jul 22, 2015

Norainhere posted:

Ah, that's ok. I have no idea how to use IRC and I won't even have access to a laptop for a few days, so maybe some other time.

Whenever you have, just click on the little symbol to the right of "Forum" and it'll take you to a web client. If you have a smartphone, there's apps like AndChat (android) for irc that's easy to use.

Starfire%20loves%20mustard
joined Apr 26, 2016

Don't know where else this wold go so sorry if it's not this.

The white list thing seems to make it so I can't only view the chapters with all the tags I like, not any of them.

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Tag suggestion: furigana - meaning, in the original. I have certainly bought stuff without it, but it speeds up the reading 500% for me, I would estimate. It's a big jump from that to reading characters without it, especially as they're lettered in manga. I suppose English-only readers would be like, that tells me nothing. My first consideration is, can I buy it through Honto, my 2nd is, does it have furigana? Shinozaki-San-Ki-wo-Ota-Shikani meets both criteria, so I am buying every tankoban as they come out. It's not like "licensed" In English, but it is more info.

I think rather than a tag request, you should probably just start a thread asking about manga with furigana.

Edit: I should say that you'd probably have better luck asking more generally about difficulty and the amount of furigana. Almost no yuri series I can think of has full furigana, like Shinozaki. Others might use furigana on a lot of the high school-level kanji, though, along with easier vocab overall—I think Kase-san and Yagakimi aren't too hard. At the far end of the spectrum is probably Kuzushiro or a series like G-Pen.

last edited at Apr 30, 2016 12:47AM

joined Apr 30, 2016

I would like to suggest logo changes to both the title of the website and the little image that is show on the tab. I just feel they are in need of an 'update' and i would be more than happy if they changed it to something relating to the lily flowers. This is just a small suggestion, i just want to see dynasty scans/reader with a stand out look that is recognisable like something akin to social media logo designs. please let me know what you think and...
t̖͈̤͍̠̹̙h͉a͔̥̻nk̬̤̮̲̫̣̗ ̯you̖̹̺ͅ ̻̺fo̻̥̣r ͇r͎̣e͉̥͇a̮̱̮̖̪̹̥di̙̮̥͖̱̫n̯͇͇g̟̹̦͓̹͔

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Lain Iwakura posted:

I would like to suggest logo changes to both the title of the website and the little image that is show on the tab. I just feel they are in need of an 'update' and i would be more than happy if they changed it to something relating to the lily flowers. This is just a small suggestion, i just want to see dynasty scans/reader with a stand out look that is recognisable like something akin to social media logo designs. please let me know what you think and...

I don't really feel like designing a new logo. Maybe it will happen some day when someone feels like it. Thanks for the suggestion though.

joined Jul 22, 2015

Michan posted:

Lain Iwakura posted:

I don't really feel like designing a new logo. Maybe it will happen some day when someone feels like it. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Michan-sama, I'm free to design graphics or anything else you need.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011
Miku_badass_svgexport-140
joined Sep 3, 2011

Has there ever been any intention of adding HTTPS to this site?

With letsencrypt it's now easy, free and can be done completely automatic.

Edit: well, that sounded like advertisment

last edited at May 8, 2016 10:05AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.