Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V3

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Has there ever been any intention of adding HTTPS to this site?

With letsencrypt it's now easy, free and can be done completely automatic.

Edit: well, that sounded like advertisment

Its something I have been meaning to add, now that free certs are much more freely available.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Maybe a Notification widget, so that if someone quotes your posts, you'll know

apoyo la mocion.........con toda violencia

last edited at May 19, 2016 4:32AM

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

More of a question instead of a suggestion, but didn't we use to have a "time skip" tag? I really liked stories with some kind of a future for parings, but I can't find them anymore - or I'm just blind...

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

More of a question instead of a suggestion, but didn't we use to have a "time skip" tag? I really liked stories with some kind of a future for parings, but I can't find them anymore - or I'm just blind...

:/ http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/9863-time-skip-discussion It was deleted. I asked the site what they felt should be tagged with it, and whether or not it should stay, and the general consensus seemed to be that it was a pretty useless tag. I did wait quite a while before finally deleting it but...there it is.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Morgan posted:

Are you for real?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Morgan posted:

Are you for real?

Not everyone reads every discussion, or discussions in general. No need to be mean.

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

Morgan posted:

Are you for real?

Not everyone reads every discussion, or discussions in general. No need to be mean.

Yeah sry, currently online on my phone and missed the thread while looking for something related.

This brings me to a suggestion:

Make this forum somehow more easy-to-use and sort the threads somehow by giving the whole thig some kind of structure... ^^

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nezchan posted:

Morgan posted:

Are you for real?

I didn't mean to be mean. More like they asked about it literally 1-2 days after the tag was removed after discussing removing it. It was more like a terrible timing to post it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Morgan posted:

Are you for real?

Yeah sry, currently online on my phone and missed the thread while looking for something related.

This brings me to a suggestion:

Make this forum somehow more easy-to-use and sort the threads somehow by giving the whole thig some kind of structure... ^^

We actually do have subject categories. Had them for a few months now. Don't know where the dropdown for those is on the phone, but they should be there somewhere.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

To add: I looked at my phone and it's right at the top, dropdown is under the menu bar.

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

I've posted over there now - don't think anyone will listen, but this is rather sad and kinda hypocritical considering all those really useless tags still in the taglist which don't seem to bother anyone...

:/ http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/9863-time-skip-discussion It was deleted. I asked the site what they felt should be tagged with it, and whether or not it should stay, and the general consensus seemed to be that it was a pretty useless tag. I did wait quite a while before finally deleting it but...there it is.

Posted a comment over there now. But sadly too late I think. Is there any way to get some kind of list of the things that were tagged with time skip? I'd like to save them.

On another note: If you are discussing changes in tags or deleating them completely, maybe it would be a good idea to actually give ppl a note, since not all of us are using the forums regularly. And you've got this nice note right at the top of the page. Maybe using that would be a good idea.

last edited at May 19, 2016 9:20PM

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Morgan posted:

I've posted over there now - don't think anyone will listen, but this is rather sad and kinda hypocritical considering all those really useless tags still in the taglist which don't seem to bother anyone...

Posted a comment over there now. But sadly too late I think. Is there any way to get some kind of list of the things that were tagged with time skip? I'd like to save them.

On another note: If you are discussing changes in tags or deleating them completely, maybe it would be a good idea to actually give ppl a note, since not all of us are using the forums regularly. And you've got this nice note right at the top of the page. Maybe using that would be a good idea.

Tags rarely get deleted. It wouldn't be worth the effort to implement such a system, especially since it would rarely be used.

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

Tags rarely get deleted. It wouldn't be worth the effort to implement such a system, especially since it would rarely be used.

You already HAVE a working system for that.

When I'm on the reader there is a nice big blue note box right above the page that currently reads:

No news is good news! (Sep 2, 2015) The older news isn't relevant anymore and DrP didn't want to keep clicking on the x all the time because he also hates cookies, so here we go. http://www.pcgamer.com/kindred-spirits-on-the-roof-is-bringing-frank-depictions-of-sex-to-steam/ (an so on)

If you're discussing something that IS rarely discussed, like changing or deletion of tags, this could be used to announce such discussions. Yeah, maybe not all users would care or read the tag, but some will and will take part in the discussion.

joined Jul 16, 2014

Any chance for the option to view a whole chapter on one page? The reader's only real flaw to me is that it's often very slow and this would help quite a bit.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

yurifangirl posted:

Any chance for the option to view a whole chapter on one page? The reader's only real flaw to me is that it's often very slow and this would help quite a bit.

This wouldn't actually help at all. Loading all the pages at once would put a lot more strain on the server (especially when someone links a single page in a thread for example) and would only serve to make things load more slowly.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I've mentioned user-generated lists before, but since I'm reading through I thought I'd bring it up again.

The trouble I have is that I can easily add or remove chapters from a list, such as this one. The trouble arises if I want to read all the chapters in a list. So taking that list as an example, I go through one by one, reading the chapter, then going back to the list page, choosing the list I'm reading, then finding the story I just finished, then selecting the next in the list. That's a lot of pointless steps. It gets worse when I get to stories like Sweet Tears, which then requires that I scroll after going to the list page each time. That of course makes it trickier to find a particular item, and so on.

It seems like all those interim steps could be automated somehow, since they're literally the same every time you finish a chapter. Perhaps set up a pulldown, same as with chapters or volumes, so you can choose whether "Next Chapter" takes you to the next story in a volume or the next in your list.

All I know for sure is that the back to list page-choose list-find title-what was the title again-back page to check-choose next title routine gets old very fast.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I've mentioned user-generated lists before, but since I'm reading through I thought I'd bring it up again.

The trouble I have is that I can easily add or remove chapters from a list, such as this one. The trouble arises if I want to read all the chapters in a list. So taking that list as an example, I go through one by one, reading the chapter, then going back to the list page, choosing the list I'm reading, then finding the story I just finished, then selecting the next in the list. That's a lot of pointless steps. It gets worse when I get to stories like Sweet Tears, which then requires that I scroll after going to the list page each time. That of course makes it trickier to find a particular item, and so on.

It seems like all those interim steps could be automated somehow, since they're literally the same every time you finish a chapter. Perhaps set up a pulldown, same as with chapters or volumes, so you can choose whether "Next Chapter" takes you to the next story in a volume or the next in your list.

All I know for sure is that the back to list page-choose list-find title-what was the title again-back page to check-choose next title routine gets old very fast.

I have no idea if this would work on a phone, but on a PC, a workaround is to just keep your list open in one tab. When you want to look at the next chapter on your list, you click that tab, right click your chapter and choose "open in a new tab." When you're done reading that chapter, close that tab and most of the time, the browser goes right back to your list tab (still scrolled where you left it).

If this is something you already thought of, sorry to bother you.

Maco%20v0.1%20320px%20opt
joined Apr 2, 2011

A useful tip for people who use mouses (and not touchpad) is to use your middle mouse button (pressing on the scroll wheel) to open a link in a new tab. This is the way I browse on most sites.

In addition, using middle-mouse on a tab will close it.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

maco posted:

A useful tip for people who use mouses (and not touchpad) is to use your middle mouse button (pressing on the scroll wheel) to open a link in a new tab. This is the way I browse on most sites.

You can also ctrl+click them if you don't have a scroll wheel/middle mouse button. (Though thinking of it can you even get mice without scroll wheels anymore? Last time I saw one was back in the '90s, lol.)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

maco posted:

You can also ctrl+click them if you don't have a scroll wheel/middle mouse button. (Though thinking of it can you even get mice without scroll wheels anymore? Last time I saw one was back in the '90s, lol.)

Every mouse I've had with a scroll wheel, if you push the wheel it acts as a middle button. Works to close tabs, too.

joined May 23, 2015

Occasionally there will be mice whose middle-click locks and unlocks the scroll wheel instead of actually middle-clicking.

Those mice are really stupid.

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

Shamelessly plugging the Android app that does this exactly, although it's true that it's best not to abuse it to avoid causing unnecessary load on the server.

Hero-Shepherd
Starfire%20loves%20mustard
joined Apr 26, 2016

Blacklist tag is not working

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

I'm sure it's been suggested before, but I think it would be nice to have the ability to send private messages to other users, or perhaps allow signatures, where one might put contact info if desired.

I'm sure there are reasons why these features are not available though...?

joined Aug 16, 2015

People generally use IRC for PMs
this <- This.
But of course, that wouldn't work if the other person doesn't use it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.