Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

…Otherwise, it's unrelated but has Yuu been adopted or something? There's something a little off with her calling her big sis "Rei-chan". Calling their older siblings just by their name isn't something Japanese people usually do… It would be like calling your parents by their name in the West. She even does a verbal backspace to not call her that in Touko's presence. =O Nevertheless, Rei's really a good sis.

I don't think so, it was never mentioned (if she was, it'd be relevant to her character somehow and so mentioned) and she at least resembles her older sister.
My brother used to call me the equivalent of onee-chan in chinese, but stopped and went with my first name at one point. It used to bother me, but I'm totally used to it now. A few times, when I wouldn't be paying attention to him, he'd call me that by that term again and it'd just make me feel so uncomfortable that I'd insist that he just go with the name as usual. This is pretty uncommon, I think, probably, but it is what's going on in my case.
I know of at least two "western" friends who call their parents by their first name too
Hm I don't know how it comes to it, but it just happens sometimes?

last edited at Apr 29, 2016 12:50AM

joined Apr 25, 2016

…Otherwise, it's unrelated but has Yuu been adopted or something? There's something a little off with her calling her big sis "Rei-chan". Calling their older siblings just by their name isn't something Japanese people usually do… It would be like calling your parents by their name in the West. She even does a verbal backspace to not call her that in Touko's presence. =O Nevertheless, Rei's really a good sis.

I'm pretty sure it's just supposed to display their closeness. Consider this old interview (http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51508948.html):

担当編集:自分はお姉ちゃんが部屋に入ってきたプラネタリウムのシーンで、何気ない仲よさげな感じが好きです。お姉ちゃんを「ちゃん」付けで呼んでいるのが良いっていう読者の方からの感想もいただきまして、いい感じに姉妹感が出たんじゃないかと。

"Editor: I like the scene when her older sister entered her bedroom and saw the star projection. It naturally depicted how well the sisters get along with each other. We also received letters from readers saying that they like how Yuu add ‘-chan’ when calling her sister, which made us believe that their close-knit relationship is portrayed successfully."

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

I need this manga to update. Doesn't it update 1 chapter a month. There hasn't been a new chapter this month. I am dying why are you making me wait. I aslo have to wait for ff aswell there only so much waiting I can take.

last edited at Apr 30, 2016 8:54AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

I just saw raws of chapter 11 and wow!
Looks like that hot teacher and waitress are a couple!

last edited at Apr 30, 2016 9:58AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

Translation is out. This series is so good.

joined Oct 12, 2013

Manager a qt

joined Sep 21, 2014

Where is it out? Where could I find it?

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Where is it out? Where could I find it?

You can download it at /u/. I'll just wait when it gets uploaded at batoto.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Touko senpai~

joined Sep 21, 2014

Finally got to read it, completely satisfied and more tbh, it was lovely
The moment the teacher came into the cafe I totally called it, I just fucking knew

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Wow! Already on first name basis.

"You know, senpai... You're really good at dishing it out, but not very good at taking it, are you?"

That's why Touko is interesting as a yuri protagonist. And Yuu just keeps messing with her.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Yay, chap 11. \o\

A bit disapointed that the teach' and the manager are together. Not the fact itself, but its… predictability, which this series had managed to avoid so far. As Faust said, you could call it from the second they greeted each other.

But well, if it serves a purpose to the story, why not.

Touko and Yuu are just too good for my heart. <3 They're both perfect in their role. So much that I now fear a love triangle with Sayaka or something, that would derail their dynamic. But I don't think the author will go there.

(and I realize I comment on this series while sporting an avatar of Shiragami Touko… Hopefully YagaKimi's Touko won't end up making that face. >.>)

last edited at May 2, 2016 8:10AM

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

predictability

Maybe Nakatani wanted you to notice. Sayaka sure did.

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

predictability

I somewhat agree with this, as I'm also not a fan of switching the narrative perspective to mostly irrelevant side-characters.
Focus on primary characters is an important part of consistency to me, and doing otherwise can make things feel a little disjointed.

However, I'm also leaving the jury out until I see where it goes.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I didn't see the raw but did the manager say something like "okaeri"? Which would explain that it felt odd to Sayaka. It's much more personal than "welcome back". It'd rather be "welcome home", something you say to family coming back home.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

^^ It depends how it's done. In AnoKiss it works (well, more or less depending on who you ask) because that's just how the story is built − parallel, self-contained character arcs with the two "main characters" serving as a sort of connecting thread between them − and it takes this direction very early on.

In a story that has kept a firm focus on the two protagonists like YagaKimi, that would feel strange indeed. But again I don't think it will be the case. At most, the teach' will serve as an observer/advisor at some point. Nakatani seems to know what she's doing, so I'm not too worried.

Maybe Nakatani wanted you to notice. Sayaka sure did.

That too. :þ

last edited at May 2, 2016 12:38PM

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

Nakatani seems to know what she's doing, so I'm not too worried.

That's pretty much why I'm okay with waiting to see how it turns out. Besides, I love everything else in this manga so much that something so small would just be a minor annoyance, even if it doesn't work out well.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I finally catched up with the series (seriously why they don't upload the remaining chapters here?) and man is still really, really good. Ditching Maki did wonders for the plot and is very enjoyable the way Yuu is so fixated in the idea of being in love that she's failing to realize she IS in love

Can't we have a spinoff about the teacher and her girlfriend? I simply can't get enough of older yuri pairings

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

seriously why they don't upload the remaining chapters here?

It got licensed, which is good, since it indicates popularity. Hope it comes to Europe, though. I'll probably end up importing the Japanese either way.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

That has never been an issue with other series and IF that were an issue then it would've been taken down.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I can't believe it's already licenced in the US, with only 2 volumes out…

Here in France the only yuri stuff we got licenced is Citrus. =[

joined Sep 21, 2014

Yay, chap 11. \o\

A bit disapointed that the teach' and the manager are together. Not the fact itself, but its… predictability, which this series had managed to avoid so far. As Faust said, you could call it from the second they greeted each other.

But well, if it serves a purpose to the story, why not.

Didn't bother me actually haha, little hints are pretty okay now and then and helps before you can introduce something like that c: Adult couples are really nice tbh, it normalizes it in these contexts and shows that they are substantial and lasting relationships, unlike the romantic two girl friendships japan promotes are natural between girls

==I somewhat agree with this, as I'm also not a fan of switching the narrative perspective to mostly irrelevant side-characters. ==

iirc, we've always focused on Yuu's pov, and sometimes, others. Once Sayaka's in the first extra, once Maki's, to explain how he sees love and thus Yuu and Touko's relationship, once Touko's to explain her definition of love, and once Rei's, to show that she could read Touko and finally the teacher. Well, not really her pov/narration, just a few pages on her home life As far as I know, the main plot is focused on Yuu's pov, and the rest of the plot, characters and relationships between them are further enriched by these segments.

What I'm trying to get at is that, logically, and based on how Nakatani writes the story, if it happens, it matters it the long run! And even if they're not major characters, their insight and pov ultimately influences, or explains something

last edited at May 3, 2016 7:34AM

BolbyNasution
Img_283753346996831
joined Jan 12, 2014

Are you kidding me. We never have any LGBTQ works license here in my country. The entire creatures of the government are all homophobic.

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

Reading chapter 11 and seeing Yuu and Touko flirting with each other makes my yuri hart flutter. This manga has definitely become one of my favourite manga to read. However, I think that the author is going to put a wrench in the couple's progress at the play. I do think they need something to shake them out of their way of thinking. They can't keep progressing the way they are they both need to confront their feelings. In Touko's case she needs to realise that she actually wants Yuu to like her and that’s its okay for people in love to want things from their partner. With Yuu she needs to realise she is failing in love. The wrench in their progress most likely would be Sayaka. She seems the most obvious out of the characters. I just hope it won't have a bad ending. I need happy endings.

joined Sep 21, 2014

If you mean recently, yes
Otherwise France also has:
All You Need is Love/The Feelings We All Must Endure
Sweet Guilty Love Bites
Shoujo Sect
Pas à pas/Hoshikawa Ginza District 4
Inu & Neko/Inugami-san and Nekoyama-san
Hanjuku Joshi
Orange Lips/Kuchibiru ni Suketa Orange
Sweet Little Devil
La Recette secrète/The Secret Recipe
Maka Maka (still in print too)
Elles/Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter by Eiki Eiki and Zaou Taishi
Lost Paradise

And damn am I salty and jelly about it, I want half of those titles

last edited at May 3, 2016 8:46AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.