Forum › Posts by syncyes

joined Apr 25, 2016

Nakatani was in some kind of music club is the thing i'm really curious about now

ah this probably also explains her enjoyment of hibike euphonium

syncyes
joined Apr 25, 2016

Guys guys, check out the volume 2 special!
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1169586123074113&id=1098668960165830

And also this one : https://m.imgur.com/a/heTHx

Oh that's interesting, I didn't think there was more specials. I thought chapter 10.5 was the special
Oh, guest artists. I don't know the rest but the one about Yuu being kind is undoubtedly Itou Hachi :D

Definitely Itou Hachi. Cute af. I don't really understand that one though.

Yuu's a kind girl cus she shared her side dishes.
Yuu's a kind girl because she gave an unpopular book a chance and it recommending it
Yuu's a kind girl because Touko clearly prefers to see her wearing the normal PE uniform for particular reasons and Yuu will likely comply, despite...

On a side note, whoa, the way Itou Hachi draws her, Yuu's basically Maki Seina from Kindred Spirits. Lmao, altho in this case, Senpai's the one who noticed her

that's not an accurate trans, apparently

from /u/:

yuu: oh...there are some side dishes I don't really like in this bento.

yuu: do you eat these, senpai?

nanami: can I really? koito-san is so thoughtful!

nanami: is that book really interesting?
(small text): maybe I should also buy a copy...

yuu: if it's alright with you, you can keep this copy

yuu: I'm not going to reread it anyways

nanami: koito-san is so thoughtful!
(small text): thank you!

yuu: senpai really loves to keep the things I no longer want

nanami: r-really?
(small text): I'm sorry...

yuu: I have worn out to the point of being unwearable gym clothes, do you want them?
(small text): joking...

nanami: p-please be sure to give them to me!!!
(small text): koito-san really is so thoughtful

syncyes
joined Apr 25, 2016

Yuu is changing from "if only i could think this girl as cute" to "i guess the way she gets embarrassed and turns red easily is cute" in just one chapter. ONE CHAPTER EVERYONE!!!!

No, i don't have any theory or deep thought about this, i just want to declare it

He, true, something like that. I had actually forgotten about it, went back to skim a bit
More like she's still wondering about it actually, but close enough. I didn't find it super clear when she asked herself IF she found it cute, but I suppose she might have come to a conclusion when she admits that she can't say to Touko, that she's probably cute? Or something?

someone on /u/ mentioned that the last scene reads less ambiguously in the chinese translation (as in, it leans more towards yuu thinking touko is cute)

but since ch 11 raws still aren't on the internet it's hard to say.

Is the Chinese translation a good one though?

idk, hence my saying since ch 11 raws aren't on the internet we don't know? lol

syncyes
joined Apr 25, 2016

Yuu is changing from "if only i could think this girl as cute" to "i guess the way she gets embarrassed and turns red easily is cute" in just one chapter. ONE CHAPTER EVERYONE!!!!

No, i don't have any theory or deep thought about this, i just want to declare it

He, true, something like that. I had actually forgotten about it, went back to skim a bit
More like she's still wondering about it actually, but close enough. I didn't find it super clear when she asked herself IF she found it cute, but I suppose she might have come to a conclusion when she admits that she can't say to Touko, that she's probably cute? Or something?

someone on /u/ mentioned that the last scene reads less ambiguously in the chinese translation (as in, it leans more towards yuu thinking touko is cute)

but since ch 11 raws still aren't on the internet it's hard to say.

syncyes
joined Apr 25, 2016

…Otherwise, it's unrelated but has Yuu been adopted or something? There's something a little off with her calling her big sis "Rei-chan". Calling their older siblings just by their name isn't something Japanese people usually do… It would be like calling your parents by their name in the West. She even does a verbal backspace to not call her that in Touko's presence. =O Nevertheless, Rei's really a good sis.

I'm pretty sure it's just supposed to display their closeness. Consider this old interview (http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51508948.html):

担当編集:自分はお姉ちゃんが部屋に入ってきたプラネタリウムのシーンで、何気ない仲よさげな感じが好きです。お姉ちゃんを「ちゃん」付けで呼んでいるのが良いっていう読者の方からの感想もいただきまして、いい感じに姉妹感が出たんじゃないかと。

"Editor: I like the scene when her older sister entered her bedroom and saw the star projection. It naturally depicted how well the sisters get along with each other. We also received letters from readers saying that they like how Yuu add ‘-chan’ when calling her sister, which made us believe that their close-knit relationship is portrayed successfully."

syncyes
joined Apr 25, 2016

From /u/:

男女でもBLでもなく、なぜ百合を描き続けるのか
If you like other romance genres as well why do you continue to write yuri
仲谷: 可愛い子と可愛い子が、可愛い事をしてたほうが可愛いじゃんって。
Nakatani: because cute girl doing cute things with other cute girl is cuter

Yeah, Nakatani's really cute for saying that.

Well, she's not wrong...

Actually, is Nakatani a man or a woman?

In the same interview this quote is from (http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51522471.html) Canno says:

仲谷さんの漫画はクールな作風だったので、仲谷さんもクールな人なんじゃないかと思ってました。実際にお会いしたら、クールなんですけど優しい、とても素敵なお姉さんでした。

which I think translates to something like "even though Nakatani-san’s literary style was cool, I didn’t think that Nakatani-san was a cool person, too. But when actually meeting her, she is cool but friendly, a very lovely onee-san."

So I'm pretty sure she's a woman.