Forum › A World Without Freedom discussion

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

Dark dark dark dark dark DARK DARK DARK

I understand, it is refreshing to see bad characters once in a while, but this? Maximalised manipulativeness and cruelty in yet another "bitch" from Kodama Naoko. It's darkness for darkness. Sneakiness for sneakiness. No plot, no moral, no development, no exit for this type of relationship. And I'm pretty sure there won't be.

It's not so simple in life with these kinds of situations. It would hurt much more, the plot would cause more pain and thoughts and would be more real if there were suicide vibes and hate for themselves. Without this unnesesary forced artificial cruelty.

It's just disgust for disgust. I don't believe it so I feel no sympathy. It's not what the good story should do.

So what does the author want to tell us? I know it's strange to ask it after one chapter, but as I said, I doubt there will be any adequate development. I think the author never thought of putting a lesson into a story. She just wanted to draw and maybe to provoke some cheap unfounded negative emotions, that's all. Well, the art is nice and I don't have much to read anyway, so I'll lazily follow with one eye.

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Aaaaaaaaaangst

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Definitively rooting for Glasses-kun

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

I read chap 1 raw in another language but now saw it in english... whaaaat
I need a summer splash.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

oh boy

joined Jul 31, 2013

Dark dark dark dark dark DARK DARK DARK

I understand, it is refreshing to see bad characters once in a while, but this? Maximalised manipulativeness and cruelty in yet another "bitch" from Kodama Naoko. It's darkness for darkness. Sneakiness for sneakiness. No plot, no moral, no development, no exit for this type of relationship. And I'm pretty sure there won't be.

It's not so simple in life with these kinds of situations. It would hurt much more, the plot would cause more pain and thoughts and would be more real if there were suicide vibes and hate for themselves. Without this unnesesary forced artificial cruelty.

It's just disgust for disgust. I don't believe it so I feel no sympathy. It's not what the good story should do.

So what does the author want to tell us? I know it's strange to ask it after one chapter, but as I said, I doubt there will be any adequate development. I think the author never thought of putting a lesson into a story. She just wanted to draw and maybe to provoke some cheap unfounded negative emotions, that's all. Well, the art is nice and I don't have much to read anyway, so I'll lazily follow with one eye.

Agreed with all of this. Don't mean to complain aimlessly, but there's a better way to do this kind of thing where the characters are treated with empathy instead of sociopathic drama devices. See: Gokujo Drops, The Real Her, Yuu and Mari from Virgin's Empire, and so on.

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

Normally I'd feel bad for her cause of the rape (I think it was)... but somehow I don't. Doesn't make me like the story, thought..

Well, I still feel bad that it happened, but that doesn't mean I like her character.

Honestly, I don't really see the point. Miscommunication is annoying enough in real life, even more so when it's to perpetuate contrived drama that wouldn't exist if everyone acted like a normal person instead of some weird caricature of a psycho.

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

This is interesting I hope a fast update on this one.

Po
joined Oct 29, 2014

i must be a masochist because seeing her getting boss around like that i kinda find that hot ...sorry

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

I wish Kodama Naoko wrote more manga like Renai Manga.

It's a shame because her art is so fluffy and cute but it contrasts with the drama-filled plot.

Dtrebolbadluck
%20%c3%93%c3%83%c2%a4
joined Feb 24, 2016

Idk but this mangaka really love the "authoritarian neko" over the "tachi submissive" eh? I've been loving it but now...

joined Apr 19, 2016

this is so depressing :(
i'll keep reading to this though. but seriously I wish the author would do more works like cocytus or those oneshots on afterglow noise :(

joined Oct 11, 2010

so very meh

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

There's really no hope in this comic,but I think I can still wish for some bloodbath end.

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

oh 'b'e huh...
boat-ending is be too hmm....

joined Nov 30, 2015

While a lot of people don't seem to like this story so far, I really hope it continues and will be looking forward to the next chapter.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

This one remind me of that relationship between Yomi and that white/blond haired girl from BRS anime,... if not ova, kinda forget xD.
And, i dont mind reading more of kodama naoko works.

Cringes at the memory of that part in the Anime.

Manga
joined Oct 26, 2015

Hmmm.....I kinda have complicated feelings with this one but I feel like if I saw this update again, I would read it just for the heck of it. I hope this author releases more fluffy works in the future.

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

Hanamura-san posted:

I think this manga character like more lool same kike NTR

What the fuck?

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Oh, looks very interesting!

10350345_10203915261036022_4042905298182130354_n
joined Mar 1, 2015

If you want to spoil yourself about the ending you can read it at the site below.. It has 6 chapters and it's Japanese name is Fujiyuu Sekai..

http://www.nekopost.net/manga/1949

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

woohoo a manipulative girl who guilt trips another girl over being raped because she didnt walk her home that one time, im totally going to love this story /sarcasm

I already want the mc and the glasses girl to get together, even if the glasses girl did the cliche thing of "waa waa no one loves me cause im plain and wear glasses" - which is a bad enough cliche already but when they are actually pretty it doesn't do much to tug on my heartstrings. but that would be a hella more interesting way for the story to go then just the mc realising the manipulative girl really loves her all along shock horror

last edited at Apr 28, 2016 6:06AM

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Hanamura-san posted:

I think this manga character like more lool same kike NTR

What the fuck?

Lmao, exactly my thought.

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

I'm on p. 9 and that is a very bad surprise for unsuspecting people like me. I almost had a panic attack. Please put a necessary tag for that, something like 'Violence' or gdi I hate that specific R word. It's implied but it can still trigger things.

Anime-anime-boy-black-and-white-boy-favim.com-1570867
joined May 7, 2014

' ' oh man this is going to get intense... why, why it has to be from Kodama-sensei !?

To reply you must either login or sign up.