Forum › Mannequin discussion

joined Aug 6, 2013

Hmm weird but sweet :$

321135_2320992341587_421511_s
joined Jun 16, 2013

For a while i thought that the mannequin came to life. Thank god it's the real life person instead. But really...I think it's a little creepy with the similarity and weird too for her to craft that mannequin.

I think nishi uko really like to draw a misunderstanding story...and as always I love her work.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

I did not see that ending.

Tumblr_mom2rcrmt01r040i0o1_500
joined Mar 9, 2013

hmm... a little too short?,.

joined Jun 27, 2013

That was... different.
But I liked it a lot and I wish it was longer.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

still creepy.

Sensei
joined Nov 28, 2011

So..She made a mannequin of her girlfriend to see what a wedding dress would look like on her? And practice putting a ring on her finger?

Aside from that, gotta say. Before the girlfriend walked in, I kept thinking "Her girlfriend died so she made a carbon copy to never forget her." Thank goodness it wasnt that ._.

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

For a while i thought that the mannequin came to life. Thank god it's the real life person instead. But really...I think it's a little creepy with the similarity and weird too for her to craft that mannequin.

I think nishi uko really like to draw a misunderstanding story...and as always I love her work.

Came to life +1.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

So..She made a mannequin of her girlfriend to see what a wedding dress would look like on her? And practice putting a ring on her finger?

Aside from that, gotta say. Before the girlfriend walked in, I kept thinking "Her girlfriend died so she made a carbon copy to never forget her." Thank goodness it wasnt that ._.

No, she did not practice putting the ring, and yup! I thought it was her dead love replacement... But no, phew then it was good.

Knight
joined Oct 10, 2013

I even thought she killed her and mixed her flesh inside the mannequin, so that they will be together forever, i remember watching a movie with such scene.
But she just made the mannequin so she can do some practice, before repeating the same thing with her girlfriend, glad that this story end up like this.

Another_random_anime_girl_render__by_bakachasity-d5qdads
joined Feb 8, 2011

For a moment I thought she dissected "Diana" and made her into a mannequin. Silly me. ^^ lol

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

Did any of you notice some lines on the fingers that looks like the lines of a mannequin? Or was just me?

Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

Did any of you notice some lines on the fingers that looks like the lines of a mannequin? Or was just me?

Are you talking about on the last page, where she puts the ring on Diana? I can see where you're coming from, and that'd be kind of a crazy twist on its own (with the artist actually being a mannequin), but I don't think it was intentional especially when you look at the hands of the guys.

joined Jan 31, 2013

In a way, this is like a metaphor of Nishi Uko works: so lifelike it's almost unsettling, but still stunningly beautiful

And that art...

Tumblr_mpynm4dyml1qjj8e7o1_400
joined May 24, 2013

Oh shit you can see the line on her wrist, there is a twist and on the pinky also. The blonde, actually, the possibility of her actually being the mannequin and in reality this woman is imagining this girl like a schizo is likely.

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

At first I thought the woman was crazy, the blonde seemed to be calm, I would be scared.

Sungji
joined Mar 23, 2011

Am I the only one who didn't think it was that weird? I think it was sweet

Yurinsijdisjdijs
joined Oct 15, 2011

And here I thought it was gonna be depressing.

joined Apr 13, 2012

Nishi Uko? Instant favorite.

I know right?
I don't know, i think people's comments on her work are waaaaay more creepy than the work on its own xD i mean... flesh on the mannequin? Maybe you've seen too many horror movies/games? Hahaha.

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

Are you talking about on the last page, where she puts the ring on Diana? I can see where you're coming from, and that'd be kind of a crazy twist on its own (with the artist actually being a mannequin), but I don't think it was intentional especially when you look at the hands of the guys.

Not just that, in the previous page as well, I don't think it was unintentionally and as you say, that could be even more crazy.

Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012

Nishi Uko? Instant favorite.

I know right?
I don't know, i think people's comments on her work are waaaaay more creepy than the work on its own xD i mean... flesh on the mannequin? Maybe you've seen too many horror movies/games? Hahaha.

Reading it I was half-expecting real creepiness, since one can never be too sure haha. Commentators minds are still way creepier though.

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

I think both of the women are weird in their own ways.
The artist is weird because she made an exact replica mannequin of her girlfriend,
Diana is weird because she demands her girlfriend's interactions with her to be rehearsed and perfected!
Their strangeness matches one another, so it's all good.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh shit you can see the line on her wrist, there is a twist and on the pinky also. The blonde, actually, the possibility of her actually being the mannequin and in reality this woman is imagining this girl like a schizo is likely.

Actually, the line isn't there in other angles, I think it's just meant to show the bend rather than anything sinister.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

I kind of want to say something but already been said by people from above...

I think the story is a bit cute though...

LOL, I had to check if the woman really is a doll... -_- Her hands look like it but it seems more to be the art... Maybe she rushed things?

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Dang. I thought this was gonna turn out like that Greek myth of Pygmalion and Galatea (aka the one where the sculptor falls in love with his sculpture and she comes to life), but thank goodness Ayumi Shimane (I suppose?) wasn't a creepy psychopath or a disillusioned artist.

That was silly of me.

But the ending was just so cute. Especially when we realize that she's been practicing her "lines" all this time. :)
Awww. Instantly fav'd.

Not to mention Nishi Uko is the mangaka of Collectors :3

last edited at Oct 11, 2013 12:36AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.