Forum › Dark Forest, White Road discussion

Cate
joined May 15, 2015

This makes me curious. Let's see how it goes.

joined Feb 7, 2016

I think she is blind? Seems really interesting!

joined Feb 6, 2016

I'm thinking the same ^

1601027_795818500441432_7671980177939230942_n
joined Apr 14, 2014

Really loving this start. (its pretty obvious shes blind ...)

last edited at Apr 8, 2016 6:58PM

S-l225
joined Feb 14, 2014

I'm thinking at least mostly blind.

Thumbs
joined Apr 16, 2012

What a strange starts but I am curious. So I am hooked

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

I'm in love with the drawing. And I do like the set-up, I want to see more of it, and I want it to be a happy story .. Yuri w/ blind girl is quite rare, I only can remember a oneshot with a blonde and a blind girl who recovers view, but never a whole story ...

Can't wait for next chapter ! We're having good new stories these times on dynasty !

EDIT : The oneshot I was talking about is http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/present#2

last edited at Apr 8, 2016 7:45PM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Yuri w/ blind girl is quite rare, ...

Characters with any form of disabled in manga are quite rare. There's such a stigma against disability in Asia in general. I'm really excited to see this!

last edited at Apr 8, 2016 7:16PM

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

Characters with any form of disabled in manga are quite rare. There's such a stigma against disability in Asia in general. I'm really excited to see this!

Yeah! that it a shame though, I really like characters with disabilities in mangas, add more depth in characters.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Yeah! that it a shame though, I really like characters with disabilities in mangas, add more depth in characters.

I wouldn't say it's the disability that adds depth, but when it serves the plot and when the story is well written, it gives really interesting and beautiful stories, that's what I think. But i do like char w/ disabilities and I wouldnt' mind seeing more of 'em.

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

You had me at Blind Love Interest, though the art and story is pretty swell too! Have an upvote!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Koe no Kitachi went the stigma direction. Helen ESP almost did, but one person befriended her. It seems to be a thing, at least in stuff set in the real world, for people with communication problems like deafness to experience ostracism or outright hostility from other kids.

last edited at Apr 8, 2016 7:58PM

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

I lllooovveeee the art, but the story... At first I felt really hard pain in my chest: the main hero is so me when I was young, same expressions, same thoughts, and the atmosphere is so dark grey, perfect... But the things with blind girl fell from the sky, somehow too unrealistic, too fast. It spoiled the story and the atmosphere for me ._. Still, waiting for next chapters!

joined Aug 4, 2014

Wow, and I thought that I am depressed. I like it, I can symphatize with MC, somebody here said something about pace being too fast but even if I don't really mind. Setup taking forever was one of the reasons I dropped Fluttering Feelings. So yeah, I am interested, looking forward to more.

Sungji
joined Mar 23, 2011

okay... it got me really interested. I'm going to wait a whole lot from this manga. love it!

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

I'm reallyreallyreally excited. LET'S GOOOO ANOTHER NICE YURI SERIES

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

the setup was so depressing at first i thought she was suicidal, kinda relieved, the white haired girl looks so good, this is interesting. (although it kinda triggers my fear of going blind, guess its not that bad)

1601027_795818500441432_7671980177939230942_n
joined Apr 14, 2014

Koe no Kitachi went the stigma direction. Helen ESP almost did, but one person befriended her. It seems to be a thing, at least in stuff set in the real world, for people with communication problems like deafness to experience ostracism or outright hostility from other kids.

Koe no kitachi was really good. The author described so perfectly the problems that disabled people encounter in their lives; feelings, reactions, it felt so real that i wouldn't be surprised if it was from the author personal experience or someone close to him.
I really hope that this one don't go the depressing/bad ending route.

last edited at Apr 8, 2016 10:18PM

Tumblr_nzoo8regve1qagjcno1_540
joined Jan 16, 2016

Oh Yes Next Please ! ! !

joined Apr 20, 2013

Rad. Now I just need the deaf girl yuri I've been wishing for forever.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Good news on that front.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/spring_a_minuet

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Good news on that front.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/spring_a_minuet

goddamnit I was waiting for my chance to casually introduce that one into the discussion, I missed it :x

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

interesting

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

Okay let's open the floor for bets on whether she will be cured of her blindness by the end.... i'm happy to see disabled representation but this story seems a sure shot for the cliched "let's use disability as a prop to frame a story!!!" Won't it be so happy when she can see again and still doesn't reject her???"

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

Oh hell yes. I've never clicked "subscribe" so quickly before in my life.

also transbikes I think you're maybe being a little overly-cynical... The girl has a walking stick and a radio. Already way more realistic than most stories. I don't think the artist is using her disability as a throwaway gag or anything.

To reply you must either login or sign up.