Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Hehe, I've been waiting for this one. I think everyone here could do with a little more relaxation and trust in Torajirou to end up with a cohesive story and satisfying characters in good time. Not every single chapter has to be scrutinized for offenses or deficiencies, especially when we all know we're only halfway through the current published material.

Yeah, I've gotta admit when I started this series I was definitely expecting one of those "yuri" series where it's almost entirely just playful flirting and subtext I am super pleasantly surprised with the way it's turning out. I'm really enjoying the diversity of the pairings too.

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

On chapter 57, do I smell... (what's the right word?) GAAAAAAAAAY~!!!

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Honoka is seriously fortunate that Elisha is incapable of subtlety it's hard to convince yourself someone hates you when their every interaction with you is on roughly the same tier as "dog that hasn't seen you for a week."

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Ahh that was nice, glad to see a chapter about Honoka and Elisha again :')

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Oh god I cannot wait for the next Honoka chapter. She's already feeling way more stress than can possibly be healthy, and then it's SURPRISE 3D YAOI?! Poor girl's going to have a heart attack XD

last edited at Apr 4, 2016 9:46PM

Amanda%20baptista%20avy
joined Mar 13, 2016

How can't you just love Elisha? She's so damn earnest and sincere in her own slightly manic way.

Edit: The best part is when I started reading this series I expected it to be all trashy and shitty fap material. But then they've been constantly improving and a bunch of the chapters are just super high quality romantic yuri stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'm still not hot on some of the more pointlessly fanservicey aspects but… it definitely turned out far better than I ever anticipated.

I'm glad I gave it a chance.

last edited at Apr 4, 2016 10:32PM

joined Oct 12, 2013

Yeah. One thing I notice about her is how painfully clear it is that all her mental sour grapes just makes her more unhappy. That kid is wound waaaay too tight--she's not just insecure, she also, how to put it, is kind of obsessed with her insecurity. The question of whether she's the best or the worst is the only thing she thinks about, she never has mental room to have fun or even get absorbed in a topic. I suspect one reason she studies so hard but only gets "pretty good" results instead of awesome is that she can't, for instance, read a piece of literature and get into it, only study it--she'd never be grappling directly with stuff she studies on its own terms, only thinking "I will get the best mark because I'm studying this thing so hard." Her need to be the best student gets in between her and everything else, even the things she studies. Poor kid, if she doesn't find some way out she'll have a nervous breakdown.

Sounds painfully realistic.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Cool, gay dads. It's nice this manga has something for everyone.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

LMAO ahahaha her parents are gay x) that ending was great!! xD

Isn't her parents - those are probably back in America or where-ever - she says the 'host family' she is living with in Japan - like a home-stay - maybe friends of her family etc.

last edited at Apr 4, 2016 11:39PM

Vivid%20strike!%20-%2001
joined Apr 1, 2013

more honoka please lol

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Honoka's route is so coooooooooool ! I can't get enough of her.

The twins are too cute, like ... Diabetes kind of sweet

last edited at Apr 5, 2016 12:03AM

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

Please tell me she has two dad's ! I can't wait for the next chapter!!

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

more honoka please lol

Yeah she's pretty cool. My personal favorites are the twins and Miyoshi.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

LMAO ahahaha her parents are gay x) that ending was great!! xD

Whole chapter was kind of cracking me up, but the ending was perfect.

Capture
joined Mar 9, 2013

Oh my god the ending!
Holy crap, I'm so surprised and happy!

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Yeah. One thing I notice about her is how painfully clear it is that all her mental sour grapes just makes her more unhappy. That kid is wound waaaay too tight--she's not just insecure, she also, how to put it, is kind of obsessed with her insecurity. The question of whether she's the best or the worst is the only thing she thinks about, she never has mental room to have fun or even get absorbed in a topic. I suspect one reason she studies so hard but only gets "pretty good" results instead of awesome is that she can't, for instance, read a piece of literature and get into it, only study it--she'd never be grappling directly with stuff she studies on its own terms, only thinking "I will get the best mark because I'm studying this thing so hard." Her need to be the best student gets in between her and everything else, even the things she studies. Poor kid, if she doesn't find some way out she'll have a nervous breakdown.

Sounds painfully realistic.

Really, I can't help but feel for her. She wants to connect to people, and she wants to consider herself above them, too. It's a lot of issues stirring all together. I feel like she's going to have a hard journey towards growing to be a happier person, but I really am rooting for her.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

For once, Honoka was quite cute.

And the last page... I can imagine the fujoshigasm.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

ERHMAGERD
I love virgin's empire
Amezing
2 men
Gay parents
Honoka likes yaoi
Wiehhhh
Love it!

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

By the way,
I read somewhere something very interesting!
Virgin's empire is maybe getting an anime!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Seems a lot of people don't pay much attention when reading -

they are NOT her parents.

joined Sep 21, 2014

For once, Honoka was quite cute.

And the last page... I can imagine the fujoshigasm.

Ever since Elisha came into the picture, Honoka started being drawn more cutely, actually, whenever she gets flustered and doesn't know how to react to such sincere friendliness :D

When Elisha first approached Honoka:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/virgins_empire_ch22#8
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/virgins_empire_ch22#9

When Honoka agreed to draw together:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/virgins_empire_ch39#12

And well, pretty much the entirety of chapter 45 had Honoka with softer, glowing expressions
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/virgins_empire_ch45#10

last edited at Apr 5, 2016 4:49PM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

It's really nice to see Honoka not consumed by anxiety and just unreservedly being herself.

10421609_736454176404511_930283773208011502_n
joined Jul 14, 2012

i was giggling all the way through this chapter, but totally broke at christmas gift for honoka XDDD i don't know what she's saying, it's perfect

last edited at Apr 5, 2016 6:26PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Ed and Ian kinda remind me of Ai and Chie, their dynamic. It's cute :3

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

That's art!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.