Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Yeah me too, I also think Seju x Sungji would work better than Sumin x Nami. Are the really flexible? o_o I mean I can understand being a bit flexible, like for example Sumin letting Sungji take the lead for a while but completely changing and being with someone like Nami seems like waaay too much of a change. How flexible can someone be? Also if you have a type doesn't that automatically mean that you date same types of people and always assume the same role that compliments theirs? Though I guess a lot of people don't have a type. I don't even understand how someone can't have a type so I doubt I'll ever be able to understand any of this >.>

Llamanewp
joined Mar 17, 2016

Lol well who was the one quite a few pages back wrote the dialogue of Sumin and Nami together where they were arguing over who would be on top? That is how I would think they would be together haha
I would just like to assume they have never been together, they just don't seem like the type of friends that would have done that. However I could be wrong lol

Think you're referring to this? :P

I feel like Nami x Sumin would be like the worst sex ever.

Nami: I'm on top.
Sumin: No, I'm on top.
Both: Don't touch me unless I say you can.

Hot stuff.

Yes! Haha that was hilarious. And I agree I can totally see Seju and Sungji together before I could see Sumin and Nami lol

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Yeah me too, I also think Seju x Sungji would work better than Sumin x Nami. Are the really flexible? o_o I mean I can understand being a bit flexible, like for example Sumin letting Sungji take the lead for a while but completely changing and being with someone like Nami seems like waaay too much of a change. How flexible can someone be? Also if you have a type doesn't that automatically mean that you date same types of people and always assume the same role that compliments theirs? Though I guess a lot of people don't have a type. I don't even understand how someone can't have a type so I doubt I'll ever be able to understand any of this >.>

Lol clear roles and types are rampant in manga and other media, but even if you have a type that starts an initial attraction, that doesn't mean everything's going to play out the way you expect. I don't look back at previous relationships and think wow those played out exactly the same way, even if there are things that I liked about them that were very similar.

A lot of stories link a character's personality outside of the bedroom with their sexual preferences. Sumin's the protector, boss, "teacher", that drives a fancy car, holds the door for Sungji and keeps her from walking into puddles -- so she's the top. Sungji's doe-eyed, sentimental, likes stuffed animals and sweet things -- so she's the bottom. (Seju has pink hair - bottom! :P) I'm sure there are plenty of real-life examples that play out the same way, but there are just as many that contradict those stereotypes. At the price of providing way too many personal details, most of my friends have the misconception that I'm a top/dom/seme/big-spoon/you-get-the-point, just from the way I carry myself. This provides plenty of giggles to the women I've dated who know I prefer (but don't insist on) being a slutty slutty bottom a la Seju chapter 4.

Anywayyyy, so far they've had sex twice and we haven't seen Sungji so much as wiggle a finger in the direction of Sumin's crotch, which I'm not mad at, it's just unrealistic. If you have time to lie down in a bed, there's usually "give and take" for both parties, virgin/inexperienced or not.

last edited at Mar 30, 2016 12:14AM

Dppp
joined Mar 2, 2016

It isss* possible that Nami and Sumin slept together. Remember that chapter where Sungji had a cake fight with Sumin and she changed into clothes that were too big for her? Sumin said that Nami comes over time to time and left the clothes there. It felt kinda weird imagining Sumin and Nami sleeping together but it's a possibility. I don't see why Nami would stay over at Sumins house and even leave her clothes there just for a 'friendly' visit.
But then again.. they always bickered about not wanting to do that kind of 'exercise' with eachother haha.. so probs not.

last edited at Mar 30, 2016 3:48AM

joined Mar 8, 2014

Lol clear roles and types are rampant in manga and other media, but even if you have a type that starts an initial attraction, that doesn't mean everything's going to play out the way you expect. I don't look back at previous relationships and think wow those played out exactly the same way, even if there are things that I liked about them that were very similar.

A lot of stories link a character's personality outside of the bedroom with their sexual preferences. Sumin's the protector, boss, "teacher", that drives a fancy car, holds the door for Sungji and keeps her from walking into puddles -- so she's the top. Sungji's doe-eyed, sentimental, likes stuffed animals and sweet things -- so she's the bottom. (Seju has pink hair - bottom! :P) I'm sure there are plenty of real-life examples that play out the same way, but there are just as many that contradict those stereotypes. At the price of providing way too many personal details, most of my friends have the misconception that I'm a top/dom/seme/big-spoon/you-get-the-point, just from the way I carry myself. This provides plenty of giggles to the women I've dated who know I prefer (but don't insist on) being a slutty slutty bottom a la Seju chapter 4.

Anywayyyy, so far they've had sex twice and we haven't seen Sungji so much as wiggle a finger in the direction of Sumin's crotch, which I'm not mad at, it's just unrealistic. If you have time to lie down in a bed, there's usually "give and take" for both parties, virgin/inexperienced or not.

No, no, it's not like I think it's supper clear like that. Of course people are flexible and do both things but I would suppose they lean more one way. And yes, it's definitely not realistic for Sungji to not do anything but I think she will soon. Also maybe we don't see it because she's bad at it :P But I suppose for example that, there are certain 'aggressive' things that Sungji wouldn't do while she does that. I guess? Yeah, obviously it won't be the same but I think it will be pretty similar. Like the way Sumin acted with Seju when she was in love is pretty similar to how she acts with Sungji now. Also I guess after a failed relationship it's likely that your type shifts a bit but it wouldn't shift that much that she'd sleep with Nami, would it?! >.<
I also think there's a possibility that she did sleep with Nami after all but at the same time if they are friends it's not that strange for Nami to sleep over at Sumin's house. Also, don't you think Seju has/had clothes around Sumin's house as well? They're probably more around Sungji's size but Sumin still gave her Nami's clothes.

last edited at Mar 30, 2016 8:38AM

joined Aug 29, 2015

I doubt that Sumin and Nami slept before. I mean Sumin was in a rampant to have sex with any queer woman she encounter after Seju cheated on her. but Nami. a long time friend/acquaintance of her? nah' Sumin will not go to Nami just for a one night stand. they would bicker and argue with each other and it will never lead to sex. can't they have just a normal friend for a side character just like every manga we've read before? anyway, I can't wait to find out if Nami is just lusting over Seju or she's just getting involved because Sumin and Seju's relationship amused her. but I can tell that Nami is looking out for Seju. I wonder why

joined Mar 8, 2014

Nami wants every girl ahaha (except Sumin :P).
Btw, do you think Sungji is bi?

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Well just looking at the latest chapter, we're either going to have some of this answered, or just end up with more questions lol...

Ohhhhh Newp-san bats eyes

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

I have a bad feeling that they're going to make Seju the psycho villain...oh please prove me wrong. And who is that glassess dude? I'm not liking this new chapter...

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I have a feeling that Team Gaji is planning on improving the image of Sungi while lowering the image of Seju in the reader minds. 10 more chapters with this, the readers would wholeheartedly move to Sungji's side.

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Oh, I'm desperately waiting for the translation of the latest chapter. Either Seju is teasing Nami or she's going for it.

I think Seju got her wake up call at the end of chapter 45, realizing Sungji is different from the other women in Sumin's life. Maybe now Seju will go for sex to ease the turmoil that may be going on inside her.

Does anyone here thinks that maybe, just maybe, things will go like this: Nami and Seju will engage in a casual sex relationship, while Sumin and Sungji progress theirs. But then SuminxSungji enters some hardship, Sumin gets pretty hurt (since Sungji left her very vulnerable), goes for Seju for confort (either because she's drunk or very much broken), but walks in at Seju and Nami making out. Drama goes overboard, but Team Blonde and Blue are end game.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

I thought the author's got a soft-spot for Seju? Probably the type of character they'd want people to be sympathetic with. But who knows with this latest chapter. Hard to tell anything since it has a lot of text again. Only thing that seems to be cleared up just by looking at it is that Nami's been interested in Seju since they were young.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I have a feeling that Team Gaji is planning on improving the image of Sungi while lowering the image of Seju in the reader minds. 10 more chapters with this, the readers would wholeheartedly move to Sungji's side.

I'm already liking Sumin x Sungji more because of how Seju's character is doing. Especially after this new chapter. I was expecting this tbh, but it just happened too soon.
It makes me think that Gaji have actually no idea how to develop their characters and relationships...

last edited at Mar 30, 2016 10:48AM

joined Jun 18, 2015

They are totally not going to do it. At least for now. Somehow I don't like Nami at all, but Seju should stop blaming herself and move on.

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

I have a bad feeling that they're going to make Seju the psycho villain...oh please prove me wrong.

Yeah, Seju sent very bad vibes in the latest chapter.

Life sure is hard in Team Pink. I just keep lowering my expectations:
- Seju and Sumin may end up together! Sungji appears
- Seju and Sumin may at least make up and be each other family. Seju sends psycho vibes
- Seju may heal and end up with Nami? more psycho vibes
- ... Ok. Just don't turn psycho.

Sigh... If things keep going like this, I will be expecting Seju to die in the end.
Not leaving Team Pink though. I'm stubborn as hell

joined Feb 28, 2016

Man, Seju just looks absolutely terrifying sometimes lmao

last edited at Mar 30, 2016 11:05AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I don't get a psycho vibe from Seju (for now) she seemed drunk, and I blame Gaji.

Life sure is hard in Team Pink. I just keep lowering my expectations:

Me too. I can't lower them more than this lol. I haven't dropped this because I keep on thinking that maybe there is a reason behind all of this, and it's not just a filler side story.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Azai

Is there any reason to stay? Is there anything that Sungji cannot compare with Seju? Would you stay if Seju turned evil?

Well Seju's hot. There's that lol.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Sungji is hot, too.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Sungji is hot, too.

You don't need to remind me lol -- I'm TeamBlonde.

Anybody know what the Korean tag for WDTFS is on Twitter? Clearly not #wdtfs, because all I ever see is English and Thai tweets when I look that up.

last edited at Mar 30, 2016 11:19AM

joined Dec 9, 2014

I don't get a psycho vibe from Seju (for now) she seemed drunk, and I blame Gaji.

It is the first step of turning to a psycho's whole process. :D

Having Nami for gf will surely help the process too haha :D

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Life sure is hard in Team Pink. I just keep lowering my expectations

Same here. I'm now just preparing myself for the worst outcome. However, even if they do turn Seju evil, even if I do not like it, I'll still be with team pink. If my ship is going down, I'm going down with it.

yellowbathduck
996694_445448122332455_6127375033369210371_n
joined Jan 7, 2016

I actually like the Seju Nami interaction though - it's hilarious. Nami gets on Seju's nerves, and we see Seju all tsundere and stuff haha. I just ultimately want Seju happy ugh

joined Feb 4, 2016

There's a part in the last chapter where Seju's face turned a bit psychotic, it gives bad vibes. It seems at this point Seju has become completely idgaf about her life.

And SejuxNami in the latest chapter kinda gives me an impression of SnakexSnake pairing lololol. Seju's still so hot and beautiful tho ;_;
But now I need a new dose of our cinnamon roll to cleanse the current somber feelings.

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Azai

Is there any reason to stay? Is there anything that Sungji cannot compare with Seju? Would you stay if Seju turned evil?

I guess I would stay in Team Pink (not in Team Rose Pink as we stablished xD), because I can relate to Seju. Not very easy to explain, I don't pity Seju for her past or her poor life choices. I just can relate to it.

Seju is the kind of character whose development is probably based on corruption - which is a common writing tool in villains characterization. It's easy and almost cheap, because it's simple to give a character a tragic background and try "justify" their bad actions. And I know that developing the hero is way more challenging. But as I said before, I simply like "weak" characters; I like those who screw up and are probably heading for a bad ending on their own accord.

And it doesn't mean I approve the actions of villains or think they are justified. If Seju turns evil and try to sabotage Sungji and Sumin's relationship, of course I will condemn her and no shit past will justify that. As things are going I've started to think that, yeah, Sumin and Seju aren't meant to be. But Seju is a tragic character and I happen to like it.

And the fact that I'm Team Pink doesn't mean I dislike Sungji or compare her to Seju. They are just different in everything - personality, background, actions. Comparing them is meaningless in my opinion.

Besides dofudofu pointed out something important, Seju's hot. Lol.

To reply you must either login or sign up.