Forum › Posts by Azai

Azai
WDTFS fans - off topic 09 Nov 16:26
Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Man, it's been so long since I've been here. Hope you guys are doing fine!

Azai
WDTFS fans - off topic 26 Jun 12:29
Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Now I love that Azai's Bananas' Ablaze gave birth to some alien.

Azai That.. is actually quite disturbing D:

Newp
I loved the alien reference D:

.. omg there was this really awesome Belgium restaurant i worked at in College that did Caramalized ablazed bananas over waffles @Azai you should totally learn their secrets and then cook for us XD

elthundercat
Be careful what you wish for...

Azai
WDTFS fans - off topic 26 Jun 12:09
Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Hey remember I'm the one that encouraged you to try new frozen fruit XD Newp wouldn't let you hahaha

Good morning everyone! :D

I did encourage it as well!! Just not oranges..

Lol but you took forever to say why she couldn't do oranges

True. I already had the orange in the freezer D:

macy-san
Now I love that Azai's Bananas' Ablaze gave birth to some alien.

Azai
WDTFS fans - off topic 26 Jun 11:36
Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Newp
Poking your body with a stick.
I dont wanna leave any finger prints. Are u still alive?

Ow D:<
Haha Im alive and well (y) I survived Azais Deathly Bananas Ablaze. /victory pose/

Oh so you ended up tasting Azai's new banana creation. How was it?

Um.. anything waifu cooks is .. delicious... T^T.

Uhuh so convincing XD

HEEEYY.
= =

Azai
WDTFS fans - off topic 25 Jun 23:05
Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Fried bananas are good too but not as healthy as grilled unripe bananas.

Now that's something I could set on fire.

What kind of fried bananas are those?

She sets everything on fire :P

Azai's Bananas' Ablaze.

Azai
WDTFS fans - off topic 25 Jun 21:57
Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Guys, it's a shame this thread is currently giving off such a xenophobic atmosphere. And I'm not blaming it on anyone's statement, but the whole uproar of exchanged accusations, bad choice of words and misunderstandings. Those added to the bad timing pretty much explains why anyone would feel resented or awkward of ever coming back here, but I don't think we can fix that now. So let's just move forward and try to put this thread back to its track.

mvl

Fried bananas are good too but not as healthy as grilled unripe bananas.

Now that's something I could set on fire.

Azai
WDTFS fans - off topic 25 Jun 16:23
Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

tofu-san

Yes they're wonderful. I've been eating frozen yogurt like a damn 5 year old this summer, but you can turn frozen bananas into a really yummy and healthier alternative :) / tries to solicit praise from her online doctor that doesn't know how to cook /

Well, at least I wouldn't turn frozen bananas into burnt bananas... I think.

last edited at Jun 25, 2016 4:23PM

Azai
WDTFS fans - off topic 25 Jun 16:03
Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

What's the deal with frozen banana lol ? Is it that good? O:

Azai
WDTFS fans - off topic 24 Jun 10:26
Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Anon99, I also feel kinda responsible for what happened in this thread, though I'd not take any words I said back. I have my opinion on Su and Lin matter, which I don't find any reason to discuss, mainly because I respect the "regulars" of this thread. But I could see the moment someone would point out the heart machine. If anyone called me then, I'd state facts as I see and leave the interpretation up to you.

Azai
WDTFS fans - off topic 22 Jun 20:36
Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

No for the name change !!

I thought you would support the name change proposal as it might lead to a new name with "butt" in there.

Well, Originally this off topic thread is created for people who have been going off topic from the official thread and to not create chaos or disaster or whatever. And I personally didn't like the idea of renaming this off topic thread nor creating a new one and moving to it just for the sake of having all sorts of different topics. Like why make all of those effort when people are already comfortable in staying here ?? You can keep your two cents or whatever to yourself. I don't mean to sass or be rude but I don't think anyone here is willing to move or even agree at all to what you are proposing lol
Oh, also, I would still not agree to a name change even if it leads to having a HUGE BUTT in it XDD

One should know better than calling KittoKatto sassy.

last edited at Jun 22, 2016 8:36PM

Azai
WDTFS fans - off topic 22 Jun 20:28
Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

No for the name change! xD

Btw welcome everyone!

Azai
WDTFS fans - off topic 22 Jun 19:37
Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

​Since Su pointed that I could give some references on the matter, I'll do it.

First of all, I agree with everything that Anon99 wrote, so regarding this topic I won't add much. Currently, there's no device that could keep a donor heart in condition for a transplant for weeks. Due to a very limited ischemic time, the heart typically lasts 4-6 hours, a maximum of 10-12h with the available technology. I don't believe that any research center would keep one device such as the one Su mentioned as a secret. Millions of lives could be saved; also industry could get a real profit out of this device.

Here's one reference for ischemic time and current donor selection:
- Kilic A, Emani S. Donor selection in heatr transplant. J Thorac Dis 2014;6(8):1097-1104 (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4133543/)

Regarding Su's medical condition, as Cephalosporin mentioned, maybe Su misunderstood a few things her doctor said. But I'll leave my take on the matter and some references:

• I don't know any genetic condition in which your body grows faster than your organs. It seems absurd to me. Su, on the other hand, pointed it's a rare condition, so it's possible I'm simply ignorant to that. Unfortunately I don't have my Genetics textbook right now. And my research on Internet provided me nothing.

• Su mentioned a "heart valve spasm". Typical heart valve defects are stenosis, regurgitation, prolapse and congenital defects (such as bicuspid aortic valve).
    Maybe her doctor used the term "spasm" to simplify their explanation on the process, since "spasm" isn't a proper medical term.

Reference for current management of valvular heart diseases: 2014 AHA/ACC guideline for the management of patients with valvular heart disease: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. (https://www.guideline.gov/content.aspx?id=48267)

• On allergic reaction due to medications: drug allergy can be classsified in one of the four following hypersensibility reactions - IgE mediated reactions, Cytotoxic reaction, Immune complex reaction and Cell mediated reactions (Geel-Coombs classification). The most common symptoms are skin rash, itch, wheezing and anaphylaxis. Rarely, some more serious manifestations may occur like DRESS syndrome and Stevens-Johnson, which are life threatening condition with serious skin manifestations. Su didn't describe her symptoms; all we know is that Lin found her collapsed on the floor due to another valve "spasm" caused by the drug. I wouldn't say that was due to drug allergy. Drug adverse effects (which aren't all necessarily immune-mediated like hypersensibility reaction), however, could cause dizziness, hypothesion and syncope. On patients with Stage D Heart failure (stage in which heart transplant are recommended), it's recommended the use of diuretics, beta-blockers, digitalis and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEI). Out of this classes of medications, drug allergy is most common with ACEI, causing wheezing and angioedema.

References for Heart failure and Drug allergy managements:

Side note: I'm currently just an intern in med school, so my knowledge is limited.

last edited at Jun 22, 2016 7:42PM

Azai
WDTFS fans - off topic 21 Jun 12:49
Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Wow Azai! It has been ages! Glad to see you finally made your appearance again after disappeared on us for so long. Hopefully things have been going well with you and your study.

Hey mvl. How are you?
I'm enjoying a short break. But I get bored easily and I keep looking for things to keep me busy. I'm not used to have this much of free time xD

Azai
WDTFS fans - off topic 21 Jun 09:54
Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

You know it's the truth lol. Thanks :) How ya been, Newp?

Just been going out n keeping myself busy to get my mind off of stuff.
My best friend also recently got Tinder.. along with something called 'okcupid'.. and has been going out on dates with a lot of weird people.. so Im busy trying to make sure she doesn't do anything stupid = = lol.

Newp
Just make sure your friend doesn't end up in a police station like mine did lol. Seriously, I'm so glad my friend ditched Tinder and settled down.

How is everyone doing?

Azai
WDTFS fans - off topic 13 Jun 19:01
Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Hey!

Hope you guys are doing fine!
I've been pretty busy with uni. Gotta give my all in the few months left until graduation..

Azai
WDTFS fans - off topic 07 Jun 07:10
Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Hey guys!

I've been a bit busy with school. I'll have a short break next week, but Im struggling to get through this one xD

Azai
WDTFS fans - off topic 29 May 17:11
Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Hey guys!

What have you all been up to?

Hey Azai.
Long time no see! How's school life and yourself?

I'm recovering from a cold. Had to work this week while feeling like crap, but I took this weekend off to get a rest. What about you, mvl?

Azai
WDTFS fans - off topic 29 May 15:47
Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Hey guys!

What have you all been up to?

Azai
WDTFS fans - off topic 25 May 22:08
Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Why were you holding back that question? :)

cause its probably something u get asked quite often didnt want to be annoying.

That's not annoying lol. I get that some people are really excited about it.

thats very true and i wish i had it in me to protest but I love the summer Olympics.

Tofu-san and you should just enjoy the Olympics. Leave the protest to Brazilians. I really enjoy the whole competition feeling in the Olympics. But I just can't bring myself to enjoy it this time, cause I'm totally against it being held here.

well u should try to at least go to see one match (do it for me =D) The USA women's soccer league is not only the best in the world they are also very HOT XD #shameless

Lmao. Ok, I'll do that for #TeamShameless

Azai
WDTFS fans - off topic 25 May 20:56
Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

SO Azai I've been trying not to ask this question but since it looks like no one else is going to ask are u going to any Olympic events? also are u a futbol fan =) (i recommend a USA women's soccer match. They are beautiful.)

elthundercat
Why were you holding back that question? :)
I won't go. I'll still be pretty busy with my internship. And as much as I love sports and respect the athletes, I think the Olympics being held in Rio to be a cruel joke. Rio needs that money invested in other high-priority areas right now.

Lol I like soccer. But I'm not into watching people playing sports. I'm ok just playing it for fun.

last edited at May 25, 2016 8:57PM

Azai
WDTFS fans - off topic 25 May 17:58
Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Come on...if you cook for women, I'm sure and guranteed that you will end up with many girls chasing you. Well, as long as you don't poison them with your food. Take some lessons from Dofu and Newp. After that take some lessons from Lin. I'll give you +1000000000 points for knowing how to cook delicious food. At this point you rank last of everyone in here. Yeah that is right! You are lower than Azai. Hahaha...

LMAO. How is that even possible?

Azai
WDTFS fans - off topic 25 May 12:01
Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Azai we have awful waifuus who diss our cooking skills T______T

I just set a burger on fire once. Just once !! >__<

Yes, but then you told people that you set a burger on fire, and that was your mistake lol.

Lol I'm terrible at cooking... I'm not into food, I'd rather starve than get near a kitchen =__=

Azai
WDTFS fans - off topic 25 May 08:40
Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

But back to people who dont cook.. I know Azai and kitkat dont cook XD

I know how to cook. Just lazy and don't like food that much unlike you who doesn't chew their food =_=
And I'm soooo not Azai that burns a whole burger xD
At the least, I haven't burnt a single thing...yet XDDD

Some how those two don't surprise me haha

dofuuuuuuu T^T
Whyyyyy :<

Ahaha right? XD Azais burnt burger story could make headlines :P sorry waifu dont kill me

Waifuuu, don't diss my cooking skills... T__T

Azai we have awful waifuus who diss our cooking skills T______T

I just set a burger on fire once. Just once !! >__<

Azai
WDTFS fans - off topic 24 May 12:20
Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

But back to people who dont cook.. I know Azai and kitkat dont cook XD

Some how those two don't surprise me haha

Ahaha right? XD Azais burnt burger story could make headlines :P sorry waifu dont kill me

Waifuuu, don't diss my cooking skills... T__T

Azai
WDTFS fans - off topic 16 May 17:13
Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

I bet pervy understudy-sama is disappointed in her sensei right now.

Everybody that tries to express their disappointment to me will get a dildo attached to their refrigerator when they least expect it!

wise pervy grandpa
Do that and I'll sneak a rainbow dildo in your hand luggage so you have an embarrassing story with airport security...

why would that be embarrassing, everyone should master bate its healthy. Although that dildo would find itself in the trash i cant imagine having a dildo touched by airport security, with all the crap they must touch. eww

what have you been up to Azai?

Lol I'm not that much #TeamShameless xD
And I've had my share of fun these past weeks, but I'm back to my nerd self again. Gotta study, since I have some very important exams in a few months DX
How about you, elthundercat?

last edited at May 16, 2016 5:13PM