Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So, hmm, yeah... still as fluttery as ever. Can't say much more about this until there's some translation.

Sung-pyo made a remark about her nails, so she cut them on the spot?

And he left, like, "she cut her nails for No-rae, my life has no meaning now... let's disappear into the night..."

shrug

EDIT: okay, I was right about the nails thing. But yeah... no real progress between the two, except maybe that Seol-a is marking her territory.

^And I don't think Sung-pyo is a douche. He just still likes No-rae and appears to feel guilty about their break-up.

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 11:13AM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@Nya-chan posted:

So, hmm, yeah... still as fluttery as ever. Can't say much more about this until there's some translation.

And he left, like, "she cut her nails for No-rae, my life has no meaning now... let's disappear into the night..."

shrug

He did though. He did. ha-ha-ha-ha

I thought that back shot was similar to his (self) defeated look in the flashbacks. "I'm walking away again."

And I'm like, "Yes, and keep walking.". Presumptuous. >:/

Now No-rae needs to tell him off/set him straight. ...and set things straight with Seol-a. And for us readers. OMG No-rae. Speak!!

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 11:15AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, it means Sung-pyo's matter isn't resolved and doesn't seem it will be anytime soon.

joined Feb 1, 2016

Thanks @cipp :))

I thought Sung-pyo was nice but he seems pretty low in this chapter. I mean "what if you accidentally scratch No-rae"?
Like dude, what are you suggesting? That you take her clothes off instead?

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 11:36AM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I thought Sung-pyo was nice but he seems pretty low in this chapter. I mean "what if you accidentally scratch No-rae"?
Like dude, what are you suggesting? That you take her clothes off instead? Just go home.

I think he felt nostalgic about being at No-rae's place of residence again and wanted to linger. Notice how he doesn't start changing No-rae when Seol-a goes to the bathroom. He just wants to extend his stay.

From the "..." after he leaves though maybe he realized the gay feelings happening and may become malicious, competitive, investigative, or resigned.

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 11:28AM

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Thanks cipp. Im glad Seol-A practically kicked him out. I mean seriously, he wanted to stay and he isnt close to No-Rae now, how annoying.

At first when she left the room I was so afraid she was going to leave and abandon Norae to him, but as you said, thankfully she was very determined not to give up her personal space to him.
He's such a douche!

I was also afraid for a second when she left.
I dont think he is a douche, but he is pretty annoying. He helped No-Rae get home and that's great, but when he went inside her place and actually wanted to stay, just because he is the ex even though he doesnt even talk to No-Rae now... I can totally understand Seol-A behavior.
This is the first time I actually disliked him.

joined Feb 1, 2016

Like dude, what are you suggesting? That you take her clothes off instead? Just go home.

I think he felt nostalgic about being at No-rae's place of residence again and wanted to linger. Notice how he doesn't start changing No-rae when Seol-a goes to the bathroom. He just wants to extend his stay.

From the "..." after he leaves though maybe he realized the gay feelings happening and may become malicious, competitive, investigative, or resigned.

Ah that makes more sense.
Alright Sung-pyo you're back in my nice guys list again. Even though you're still kind of annoying.

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 11:35AM

joined Apr 25, 2015

I'm probably in minority here but Sung-pyo did nothing wrong. He is a nice guy who used to date No-Rae and still cares about her, so he wants to ensure that she is fine. What's wrong with that?

He would be far more of an ass if he just threw No-Rae on the bed and left. Or only took her as far as the door and left. Please stop blaming characters just cause you still need yuri googles to get the yuri juice. Or just cause he is a guy. If roles were reversed, you would be squealing from joy.

It's not like he knows that Seo-la fancies No-Rae, neither has No-Rae told him off. What he did, is what any civil person would do. I do understand why Seo-la was annoyed but from a complete onlookers point of view, there was nothing wrong.

Either way, it seems like we are getting another gradual set up. Hopefully it'll finally cross some kind of line and we won't have to wait another 30 chapters for another set up.

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 11:38AM

joined Feb 1, 2016

I'm probably in minority here but Sung-pyo did nothing wrong. He is a nice guy who used to date No-Rae and still cares about her, so he wants to ensure that she is fine. What's wrong with that?

He would be far more of an ass if he just threw No-Rae on the bed and left. Or only took her as far as the door and left. Please stop blaming characters just cause you still need yuri googles to get the yuri juice. Or just cause he is a guy. If roles were reversed, you would be squealing from joy.

It's not like he knows that Seo-la fancies No-Rae, neither has No-Rae told him off. What he did, is what any civil person would do. I do understand why Seo-la was annoyed but from a complete onlookers point of view, there was nothing wrong.

Either way, it seems like we are getting another gradual set up. Hopefully it'll finally cross some kind of line and we won't have to wait another 30 chapters for another set up.

You're not the minority trust me.
People are just a bit annoyed by him cause of his comments towards Seol-Ah.
Everyone knows he's a decent, nice guy.
It's just that his comments were a bit careless as Seol-Ah is a close friend of No-rae's.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Although the greater arc of Sung-pyo and No-rae appears nowhere near closure, this chapter feels like a close to the last three chapters. It ended in such a way that Ssamba could pick upon on any thread next chapter. Seol-a brings up the topic of Sung-pyo, but No-rae, unsurprisingly, doesn't give an interesting reply.

The ending dialogue seemed to be pure fluff, leading me to believe that the scene was only to show off how much more forward Seol-a is willing/beginning to be as far as initiating (maybe slightly more possessive) physical contact. ...and possibly to give another cameo for the clipped nails, ha-ha.

I wonder if Sung-pyo finally got a hint that Seol-a is his rival, but--at least from @cipp's translation--that doesn't seem to be the case. The conversation between Seol-a and Hye-gyeong served as a nice subtle reminder of the gap in the insider and outsider perspective on what is going on between Seol-a and No-rae. There's no assumption that maybe Seol-a is interested in No-rae and thus isn't going to be cheering on someone else. (But I seriously don't get that whole assumption that because you aren't all for the guy that means you don't like him. What about neutrality? -- __ --)

Also, as Sung-pyo's proponent, Hye-gyeong might be the catalyst to driving Sung-pyo's story to its closure. Based on the close, I see no reason to bet on Ssamba continuing directly on this thread.

Looking forward to the next chap, whatever window into their lives it may be.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@kimchikid posted:

You're not the minority trust me.
People are just a bit annoyed by him cause of his comments towards Seol-Ah.
Everyone knows he's a decent, nice guy.
It's just that his comments were a bit careless as Seol-Ah is a close friend of No-rae's.

THAT. Even viewing Seol-a as a friend (which is all I'd reasonably expect), implying that she'd be careless taking care of her friend. And since many of us are sympathetic to Seol-a's views, it's can be felt as an offensive comment, wherein the reaction is going to be "I don't need to be told how to take care of my friend I've known for a while, thanks. ...Rude."

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

No yeah I agree, he is a nice guy
He's just a huge cockblock
Ofc Ssamba is doing a fine job doing just that on her own

implying that she'd be careless taking care of her friend. And since many of us are sympathetic to Seol-a's views, it's can be felt as an offensive comment, wherein the reaction is going to be "I don't need to be told how to take care of my friend I've known for a while, thanks. ...Rude."

that too

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 11:47AM

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

just want to note again to take my translations with a spoonful of salt, and hold off on making any big judgments until the "official" translations come out. particularly more subtle things like tone, i might not always convey correctly (i already have trouble with that in english lol)

speaking of which, halmoni translation is now up! idk if they still check this thread but thanks as always!

http://pastebin.com/dSJwWJwz

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 11:56AM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

that must be where all the saltiness is from

jk pun sorry

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 11:51AM

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

shrug

EDIT: okay, I was right about the nails thing. But yeah... no real progress between the two, except maybe that Seol-a is marking her territory.

^And I don't think Sung-pyo is a douche. He just still likes No-rae and appears to feel guilty about their break-up.

Yes, I get what you and madlax232 are saying, and if logic controlled my thought processes this weekend I wouldn't have said that he's a douche, but he's a douche!
I hate that he's just a plot device. That he's so milquetoast! I would respect him much more if he were more emotional. If he would stake a claim to being back in her life. Instead of just trying to squirm his way into her personal life again, like a tick. I sometimes feel sorry for him, I feel at times he just got caught up in bad timing in his life, and relationship with Norae. But have a pair and tell me what you feel, what you want.
This is different from Seola. They are friends. And Seola is beginning to mark her territory, and get a little more aggressive. It's different for her being a friend, and moving forward to another emotional bond. Maybe moving on to lovers. If Seola was in Sung-pyo same position, I would want the same reaction. Talk to me, tell me what's in your heart, then sweep me off my feet. I'll either kill you or kiss you, but I'll respect you either way.
He's a douche!

ffins07 said
THAT. Even viewing Seol-a as a friend (which is all I'd reasonably expect), implying that she'd be careless taking care of her friend. And since many of us are sympathetic to Seol-a's views, it's can be felt as an offensive comment, wherein the reaction is going to be "I don't need to be told how to take care of my friend I've known for a while, thanks. ...Rude."
Agreed!!!
Douche!

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 12:02PM

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

You know what? Its far more annoying when someone implies the only reason people dislike the actions of a male character in a yuri story is because he is indeed a male character or ex lover.
He is a nice guy but I found him pretty annoying, and not because "eww, ex male lover here again ruining my yuri!"

Lol.

Edit: like it's been mentioned, what I disliked was his comment to Seol-A, extended his stay because he felt like maybe he could take care of No-Rae better.

Though I'm so happy he did that because then we got Seol-A marking her territory, haha!

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 12:12PM

joined Mar 20, 2016

It's funny since Norae is the one who banned Seola from drinking in chapter 30. since then, the one who got regularly and easily drunk was Norae.

joined Dec 27, 2015

madlax232 said,
"You know what? Its far more annoying when someone implies the only reason people dislike the actions of a male character in a yuri story is because he is indeed a male character or ex lover.
He is a nice guy but I found him pretty annoying, and not because "eww, ex male lover here again ruining my yuri!""
Agreed!
I have hated on female and male characters equal in romance stories, not because of what's between their legs, but what's in their hearts, mind and so on.

Tank you halmoni !

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 12:22PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

To be fair, he doesn't know what kind of person Seol-A is, so he couldn't know how she was able to take care of No-Rae. Plus he probably wanted to stay with No-Rae for longer

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

Yeah, my impression is that he's not the brightest guy, and so when he was trying to find an excuse to stick around a little longer he just kind of just latched on to the first thing he saw (Seol-a's nails). And inadvertently ended up insulting Seol-a lol (I really don't think it was his intention to imply she was an incompetent friend or anything).

You really stepped in it this time dude, I almost felt bad for the guy because Seol-a really went off on him lmao

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 12:41PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Thanks to cipp and halmoni if you're still reading this.

I really like the "showdown" between Sung-Pyo and Seol-a. At first my reaction was annoyance as well when he mentioned Seol-a's nails (big guys dont do that lol). But looking at it in a less biased perspective, Sung-Pyo's still a nice guy who has strong lingering feelings for No-rae. When you're acting out of your feelings, it's usually irrational. He was just trying to find any possible excuse he could think of, to stay longer with No-rae. For that moment alone he became a douchebag towards Seol-a. And I loved it when Seol-a didn't back down. It gave a clear contrast between Sung-Pyo and Seol-a's personalities, and showed us whose characteristics would match with No-rae. Seol-a is now more decisive and not afraid to mark her territory. It's quite funny she doesn't care to show her courtesy for him in front of Hye-Kyeyung.

Maybe it's time for No-rae's POV though.

joined Dec 27, 2015

cipp said,
"You really stepped in it this time dude, I almost felt bad for the guy because Seol-a really went off on him lmao"
Funny! And for her, she really did.

Welcome mandm36!

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

It's funny since Norae is the one who banned Seola from drinking in chapter 30. since then, the one who got regularly and easily drunk was Norae.

I forgot to say this. But I remembered Ssamba put down a note at the end of Chapter 51 (the first chapter of Sung-Pyo flashbacks)

Ssamba: There was a rumor that No-rae never became as drunk as she was on that day ever again...;

And after that comment, Ssamba kept showing us No-rae got drunk uncontrollably. She's not neglecting No-rae's POV at all, she's just doing it so subtly in the most deliberate manner.

joined Aug 29, 2015

I actually like the progression of FF now. even though I complain about the pacing before. cause I can feel that something is going to happen that will really add progression to the story. (fingers crossed) but I think Ssamba should create a chapter where we could see No-rae's POV. because somehow I've gotten detached to No-rae compared from before. I actually didn't expect that Seol-a will be more relatable between the two heroine (cause she's the bishojo char) I've always thought Seol-a will be the mysterious and reserved character while No-rae will be the reckless and naive character. they're not the usual stereotype of characters I've expected.

anyway. I really like Chapter 68. I like Seol-a's interaction with Sung-pyo. we finally see a glimpse of how Seol-a will act towards anyone that will try to steal her girl. especially the scene. when Seol-a got irritated when Sung-pyo pointed out her nails. Seol-a retaliate by silently standing up, getting out of the room and came back "like b*tch I've cut my nails. stop making excuses to stay here longer. so, f*cking leave now a$$hole" Seol-a didn't even hide how annoyed she was by his presence.

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 1:39PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I'm just marking my comment as the 6,666th post of this wonderful discussion haha

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 1:52PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.