Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That didn't happen though; on the contrary, we basically got a tacit acknowledgment from both of them that they know what's happening and are still going to push forward with deepening their intimacy. To call this a lack of progress would be absurd and disingenuous, and I can't help but be confused by people's continued complaints about the pacing this far in.

You're delusional. Nobody acknowledged anything. They both have their own feelings, but are still in the "what do I do with this feelings and are they what I think they are?" stage and "how will she react?"

At some point it seemed like Seol-a acknowledged her romantic feelings toward No-rae, but Mr Ex-bf cut that short. There wasn't any follow-up to that attempted confession.

They were on the verge of something when No-Rae leaned toward Seol-a, but it's been erased in the following chapter to talk about graduation plans.

Actually, it's not that there isn't progress at all. It's just that it's going at a geological pace. They are just starting to get out of the ice age now that the pre-history has been told.

We got plenty of character development, I'll give you that. That's why I still like, somehow, FF, because the characters have been given depth. But the author didn't give them the opportunity to change, didn't allow them to flip that switch, to take the leap, to shift their relationship toward something more. None is giving them a push. Not even the supporting characters, like Enah or Oppa. Just vague advice and wisdom.

They always seem stuck on the verge of something, but author just throws random roadblocks to prevent them to start their love story. We know the characters well by now, but I didn't get the impression they changed from how they were in the beginning. We got the stories of what made them the way they are today (accidents, ex-boyfriends, betrayals, etc...) but now, what?

With 30 something chapters left, Ssamba doesn't intend to show their actual relationship,if they even get in one, but will probably end it on a happy (or bittersweet) note for both of them. If she does, it'll be rushed and out of pace with the rest of the story, with something like a timeskip.

Though manhwa authors love timeskips when they show their characters reminiscing about how their relationship didn't work out and it was for the best. T'was just a phase... ┐(´∇`)┌

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

At this rate, they are going to have their first kiss in their 50s. XD

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nya-chan posted:

Though manhwa authors love timeskips when they show their characters reminiscing about how their relationship didn't work out and it was for the best. T'was just a phase... ┐(´∇`)┌

Last chapter will show both No-rae and Seol-a older, in their respective houses, with husbands and children, looking at photos and joking around how they almost ended up dating someone of the same sex, but gladly they opened their eyes in last moment and choose the proper way. Happy end.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

They were on the verge of something when No-Rae leaned toward Seol-a, but it's been erased in the following chapter to talk about graduation plans.

We got plenty of character development, I'll give you that. That's why I still like, somehow, FF, because the characters have been given depth. But the author didn't give them the opportunity to change, didn't allow them to flip that switch, to take the leap, to shift their relationship toward something more. None is giving them a push. Not even the supporting characters, like Enah or Oppa. Just vague advice and wisdom.

They always seem stuck on the verge of something, but author just throws random roadblocks to prevent them to start their love story. We know the characters well by now, but I didn't get the impression they changed from how they were in the beginning. We got the stories of what made them the way they are today (accidents, ex-boyfriends, betrayals, etc...) but now, what?

Even though I love FF, I gotta admit this is right here. It does feel like something's going to happen, but then everything goes back at normal.

On the other hand, I believe they have changed through the beggining a lot. No-Rae used to be more childish and carefree (even if she was pretending it, she was still in fact a little like this), while Seol-A was more distant and unreachable. They are on the same level now imo, and they have both matured in this period of time.
Ssamba has done a good job on this.

The way I see FF, is more like their daily life of two characters who are in love but not in a relationship, rather than the life of a couple-to-be.
It is unique, because I've never seen a romantic story about two people that focuses a lot on the secondary things and people in their life instead of romance. But this is ok too, because it shows that there are other important things in life too besides dating.
I don't see that Enah, or the other guy Oppa (forgot his name) were actually there to push them together. They were there, because these situations happen in life, they don't necessarily have to have an impact in this way.
FF to me first is slice of life and then romance.
Also the socondary characters are interesting, so I wouldn't consider them useless.
Would it be nice to see them dating? Yes, I think everyone agrees on that. And I totally understand why some people may be frustrated.

I just agree though, because going as far as almost kissing is not something that can be ignored this easily.
But, it's been just one chapter after this, so maybe there will be something regarding it in next chapters. I don't think we can draw the full conclusion about it yet.

Port
joined Jan 23, 2015

I'm calling it now guys, ff will end when a portal to australia appears in kyungju, then seol-a and no-rae steps into it holding hands, then we get to see a close up of their faces as they stare to each other's eyes

a few days later ssamba posts on her blog that they eventualy marry each other, that's as good as we'll get... TvT

last edited at Mar 1, 2016 9:01AM

joined Jan 31, 2015

thatanon!

What are you doing?!!

You know we promised ssamba that we wouldn't divulge the Master Plan™! :O

last edited at Mar 1, 2016 9:12AM

Z2maxwb
joined Apr 22, 2015

I'm calling it now guys, ff will end when a portal to australia appears in kyungju, then seol-a and no-rae steps into it holding hands, then we get to see a close up of their faces as they stare to each other's eyes

a few days later ssamba posts on her blog that they eventualy marry each other, that's as good as we'll get... TvT

And moments after that Ssamba posts picture Seola and Norae riding turtle duck in the night

Time to re-watch
Mah feeeellllll :'-)

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

thatanon posted:

Weren't they going to die in car accident in Australia?

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

And moments after that Ssamba posts picture Seola and Norae riding turtle duck in the night

Time to re-watch
Mah feeeellllll :'-)

So does this means we are getting another manhwa after they start their relationship? ;)
I wouldnt mind that at all haha

joined Jun 10, 2015

SeolRae's Camping Trip II
(ft. No-Rae's bro and Seol-A's bro)
recommended BGM: They Don't Know about Us by One Direction
why II?? 'cause I've posted a little fic about them doing a camping trip before. here's the link >> http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/111000 :3

People said we shouldn't be together
Too young to know about forever
But I say,
"They don't know
what they talk talk talkin' about."

"The campfire is lit~ it's lit~ b-bring the fire out! Dum tss dum! Dum tss! Dum! B-bring the fiiiire out!"

Seol-a felt her eyes twitch. Beside her, No-rae witnessed the antics of the male Baek in amusement.

"Didn't know your brother likes SNSD..."

"He's not my bro..." mumbled Seol-a under her breath.

No-rae chuckled. The fire blazed as No-rae's brother poured gasoline on the dry woods, and amidst the spreading warmth from the campfire, No-rae felt something weighed on her shoulder. For a moment, she tensed.

Cause this love is only getting stronger
So I don't wanna wait any longer
I just wanna tell the world that you're mine, girl

"Can I borrow your shoulder for a while?" whispered Seol-a slowly.

No-rae muttered a yes, her shoulder relaxing, but her heart didn't have the same luxury. As Seol-a nuzzled to the crook of her neck, No-rae's heart skipped a beat.

There she thought she had been used to Seol-a's presence, yet her heart kept being like this... it was almost ridiculous.

"Seol-a...?"

"Mm?"

Just say it, No-rae, her heart told her. You want to know, right? You want to get out of this invisible circle, right? Say it. Tell her... don't chicken out now and tell her what you really...

"Are you hungry?"

They don't know about the things we do
They don't know about the 'I love you's
But I bet you if they only knew,
they would just be jealous of us

...close enough. No-rae could tell that her heart was exasperated, judging from the tone her heart used. If it could sigh, it would've sighed. Loudly.

"Me, hungry? A little... I suppose," Seol-a admitted, not moving her head. Not that No-rae ever wished otherwise. She looked over to their brothers, who were having fun feeding the fire with dry woods.

"Uh, but if I shout for Oppa to grill you something, your ears would be hurt..."

"I'm not hungry anymore," said Seol-a quietly, her hand moved to No-Rae's. No-rae let her own hand to slide and meet the other's halfway, their fingers smoothly clasped together.

"So don't go away."

They don't know about the up all nights
They don't know I've waited all my life
Just to find a love that feels this right...

No-rae didn't remember mentioning going away. Although she did have the mind to go over to her older brother and ask him to cook, she didn't remember ever mentioning that thought out loud.

But a squeeze from Seol-a in their intertwined fingers halted her silent questions. It almost felt like Seol-a knew about her wandering minds and said, stop thinking too much. Live the moment with me.

She smiled to herself and rested her head against Seol-a's, giving their joined hands a squeeze of her own,

"I'm not going anywhere."

Baby, they don't know about
they don't know about us.

The End
......or not?

last edited at Mar 2, 2016 11:34AM

Z2maxwb
joined Apr 22, 2015

At this rate we may have different section for fanfic xD
BRING THE FICS OUT!!!!
wait that sounds wrong
I mean we should have FF fanfic thread separately
While singing SNSD song
Oh well~
whats wrong with liking SNSD T.T

D-4

last edited at Mar 2, 2016 9:52AM

joined Jun 10, 2015

@Taeyeon Dork

BRING THE FICS OUT!!!!
wait that sounds wrong
While singing SNSD song
Oh well~

D-4

Of course it's wrong lol. You shouldn't like SNSD. You should love them.

/mentally sings "...bitches on thE SKAAIYAAAIYAAAIYAIYAYYAAAY"

/gets bricked

last edited at Mar 2, 2016 11:42AM

joined Feb 8, 2016

Discussing the last chapter though,

I think most people including myself were expecting at least a continuation of what happened that night. Like even if Ssamba continued chapter 65 right from the guitar scene, I don't think people would be disappointed if there wasn't a complete all out spontaneous confession. I think it's obvious that we were all expecting something along the lines of one of them realizing that the other might reciprocate their feelings or something that would move them forward in that way. It makes sense, since it seemed like the most appropriate time for it to happen....after everything that happened in the past chapters and how much tension was already built.

It was the perfect timing for a start on breaking out of the tentative stage they were in.

But instead we got a chapter which I consider a filler or intermission.

Oddly enough, I think that's the reason why I wasn't as disappointed as other people about it. I always thought that it after this interlude, that Ssamba would pick up on what happened with the missed kiss and guitar scene in the next chapters.

That and It was interesting for me to see Heejin's(this is the first time i've seen a glimpse of her more sensible side and serious side) perspective on Norae as well as how other aspects of her life come to play with the sibling talks.

I think it's not a long shot for us to hope for Ssamba to address what happened with the almost kiss and guitar scene in the next chapters. Lots of other writers do that all the time.

last edited at Mar 2, 2016 11:12AM

joined Feb 8, 2016

@Taeyeon Dork

BRING THE FICS OUT!!!!
wait that sounds wrong

A separate fanfic thread would be a good idea. if someone makes one then let's hope that fanfics do come out. BRING ON THE FANFICS XD Also, having a separate one would keep things organized. lol

last edited at Mar 2, 2016 11:06AM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@overdaline

Wow... That was something... Made my heart squeezed.
Thank you so much for writing such beautiful words. The piece was so captivating and so real.

last edited at Mar 2, 2016 10:59AM

joined Jun 10, 2015

@ieeheh

Wow... That was something... Made my heart squeezed.
Thank you so much for writing such beautiful words. The piece was so captivating and so real.

You have no idea how much happiness it gives me whenever someone comments on my work haha. Glad you like it!
The inspiration came from my diary c: I had a dream and wrote it down. When I re-read it yesterday I thought it would be a nice setting for our Seolrae~ so it happened. Haha xD

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

@Taeyeon Dork

BRING THE FICS OUT!!!!
wait that sounds wrong
While singing SNSD song
Oh well~

D-4

/gets bricked

I absolutely agree
/another snsd fan here/ lol

Happy%20happy%20sad
joined Feb 10, 2016

This was an decent chapter: I squealed quite a bit at the end of chapter (of course) but I was wanting some more action...Like one more frame of them holding hands or something lol:) Any how, I'm happy with the pacing.

Random:

The last pages of this recent chapter honestly reminded me of this song by Tegan and Sara called "And Darling". I hope Ssamba comes across the song one day and writes a chapters Norae sings( the romantic parts of )the song to Seola lol

Also, after re-reading the manhwa chapters when Seola's realization of her feelings for Norae (and then her attempts at actually trying to let her know how she feels),For me, the song that may describe her feelings ought to be this song by Canadian singer Rosette called "Crushed" which is a song basically about unrequited love/crush https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sj-3hbEtMs .

Unnamed
joined Oct 22, 2015

Since things seems a little slow here... here it goes the repercussions of what happened in WDTFS Chapter 43 in FF Chapter 65...

Disclaimer: I do these for fun, guys. (And because sometimes I got a lot of free time with PS open in my station) So I'm not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers and frankly I don't really give a flying potato to who is holding hands, hugging, hi-fiving, kissing, having sex or on a mission to go through all the Kama Sutra positions in one comic or another... in my books, movies, comics and games I've always been a storytelling kinda gal, so if the story they're trying to tell is good, I'm in, no strings attached to my own expectations. But if any of my playful edits bothers any of you, just drop the word and I'll do as I'm commanded and stop posting them here. Namaste! :)

last edited at Mar 3, 2016 2:03AM

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

hahahah! that's so funny!! good one @rere keep em coming. :)
I'm sure people can handle jokes about FF here. it's all in good fun anyway.

NamelessPresence
joined Feb 14, 2016

Keep them coming. Good one @Rere

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

anonymous asked:

Hi, seems like Ssamba made a joke about No-rae's pajama on her blog. Could you help translate it briefly? Thanks a lot for your time!

and here's the translation by taeyeonlikesgirls

[translator’s note: wow thank you for letting me know of her blog updates re: FF! :) ]

Now that i look back at it

This was during the 64th chapter of FF

Norae is not the type of a girl who wears PJs to sleep. Despite this fact, I put her in PJs because…

of my personal ulterior motive.. polka-dots PJs..

I even drew her in PJs and then caught a cold so I didn’t have time to put in the polka dots… I was gonna say these PJs were given to Norae as a present from her sister Grim who lives in the states…ㅜㅜㅜ

I have many regrets about it so here I am, putting in polka dots in her PJs in this one shot..*sob*

Really Ssamba? That's your ulterior motive? hahaha

joined Jun 10, 2015

@madlax232

@Taeyeon Dork

BRING THE FICS OUT!!!!
wait that sounds wrong
While singing SNSD song
Oh well~

D-4

/gets bricked

I absolutely agree
/another snsd fan here/ lol

A-YO GG—
—uhm, I mean, OMG hiii :3

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

overdaline, Rere
love you both! So heart-warming and so hilarious! Please both continue!!!

Norae is not the type of a girl who wears PJs to sleep. Despite this fact, I put her in PJs because…

of my personal ulterior motive.. polka-dots PJs..

I even drew her in PJs and then caught a cold so I didn’t have time to put in the polka dots… I was gonna say these PJs were given to Norae as a present from her sister Grim who lives in the states…ㅜㅜㅜ

I have many regrets about it so here I am, putting in polka dots in her PJs in this one shot..*sob*

Really Ssamba? That's your ulterior motive? hahaha

I see! Change of plans for the meetup in Seoul then! We're doing a polka-dot pajama party at Ssamba's! xDDDD

last edited at Mar 3, 2016 3:16PM

joined Jan 17, 2016

I wonder if they considerd making FF a tv drama ! Like omg like coffie prince it will be something really different in kdrama world
I wonder which actors will suit norea and seola best
I think fx krystal will be a great seola or maybe snsd yoona with black hair cuz i think they kind look alike
But norea can be alittle hard maybe iu ?! Kkkkk
Or maybe short hair park shin hye ahh i really dont know !?

To reply you must either login or sign up.