Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

joined Jan 17, 2016

O.k so i think seola should accept some guy confession back in collage ..like he confesses in front of her and norea and seola accept kkkkkk that will drive norae crazy and i'm sure she will take action ...she just need a damn push ...
Sorry not sorry !! We all hope for it lol .....

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

"Just the two of us"

Korrasami....

That's actually the first thing I thought Hahaha

Tumblr_o0rckfzulq1rj6vemo1_1280small
joined Jan 17, 2016

First off, I think I have yet to ever properly thank halmoni for the awesome translations every week, so thank you from one more person who always has a better week because of it.

I always find it interesting to read everyone's reactions from week to week. In my head there are two camps here: the "no kiss, no progress" camp and the "every little bit counts" camp. Those both describe the extremes of course, and most people fall in the middle, but most people seem to have a clear leaning one way or the other. Makes me wonder about the personality traits that drive people one way or the other... I myself fall in the latter camp and I really enjoy all the subtleties pointed out on the thread, like the progression of their hand-holding pointed out by NicLarkin / aaaakrn / ieeheh and other subtle references like Korrasami and Pride and Prejudice. These beautifully crafted subtleties are my favorite part of FF, whether they are all consciously intended or not.

I saw it mentioned several times here and really agree that Seol-a making the effort to dig No-rae's hand out shows that she will not be deterred by No-rae's hesitation, she's determined to push through it and force the point with No-rae. It was also a really sweet gesture of support towards No-rae to remind her that Seol-a will be there for her no matter what happens with graduation.

I was a teensy bit disappointed that the chapter didn't pick up directly where the last one left off, but I honestly didn't expect it to. For the most part, Ssamba doesn't do direct continuations from one chapter to the next, and it's usually pretty obvious when it is going to happen (like the eavesdropping bathroom scene way back when <- *too lazy to figure out actual chapter reference*). In fact, is it just me, or have those become even rarer than they were at the start of FF?

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

In real life, if two people experienced what happened in the chapter 63 and 64, could the two of them possibly act like Seola and Norae did in chapter 65?

NamelessPresence
joined Feb 14, 2016

In real life, if two people experienced what happened in the chapter 63 and 64, could the two of them possibly act like Seola and Norae did in chapter 65?

Yes and no.

From my perspective; this sort of behavior depends on so many things. Can both people read the cues and innuendos? Is one of the two dense? Are they too afraid to reciprocate? Are they afraid to be hurt again?

Even with experience, fear or rejection when in love doesn't really go away. They feel in love as opposed to just "like". The magnitude of their feelings is what frightens No Rae.

In real life someone with experience and if they like someone are much more likely to make a move. Because what's there to lose?

But love? I don't know; wouldn't you be afraid to lose that friend or person or lose yourself in that person?

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

sia ue posted:

I was drunk, got extremely intimate with my crush aka my former best friend. The next morning the first thing she did was texting a guy that just asked her out and talked all morning with him. And we acted like nothing ever happened for the past 5 years. That was the most extreme experience I ever had. But yes, we had some other moments with tension and always brushed it off like that.

I was just saying from experience. But in no way I want Seolrae to drag out for 9 years like my all-for-nothing "relationship"

("former best friend" because I realized it was my delusional wishful thinking that drove me to be by her side all along. We still talk but I try to avoid getting close with her again as much as possible)

F494445ccf14390bf6c2ed5513bce72a
joined Oct 31, 2013

Hell to the no! Who comes this close to kissing the person they loves and then just let it all be forgotten?!

I actually think it's really out of character- the fact that Seol-a didn't confront No-rae about it at some point since she's going all after her anyway- but I get that it's for the sake of the story. If I was instead of her though, I would've gone crazy~!

Also I realized I never properly thanked Halomni so, THANK YOU!!!! You really do make my week every Sunday and I really do appreciate it! Without your translations I would've gone even crazier than I did because of Ssamba. If there is anyway we could help please let us know!

last edited at Feb 28, 2016 4:40PM

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Yeah absolutely. Especially when there's a lot of doubt and insecurity in one or both parties, and they think very highly of each other. I've had more than one very intimate moment with the person dearest to me and to this day we don't acknowledge what's happened in the past... or anybody the other person goes out with...

I think people are just extremely adept at finding reasons to get in the way of their own happiness, and that's depicted very clearly in FF.

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

The chapter seemed disconnected from the last one. I thought for sure we would see more of Seol-a melting down. I'm happy with this chapter because we got fluff at the end, but I really hope there will eventually some sort of confession. I too feel like No-rae's sister will be the last big boss. Not sure why but I just get that feeling.

Thank you Halmoni for translations!! ( I hope your exams went well!)

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

What if No-Rae's sister is the first person to whom No-Rae admits she and Seol-A are dating (because by summer they HAVE to be dating, who am I kidding they won't lol) and No-Rae's sister casually says "Meh, I came here with my girlfriend from USA too"

last edited at Feb 28, 2016 5:44PM

joined Aug 29, 2015

I love FF so much. but I can't believe that we're like running in circles with No-Rae and Seol-a's feelings and the anticipated confession is being derailed for so long already (Chapter 65) Ssamba should just stop with throwing unnecessary situation. stop the teasing and flirting.cause I think the two heroine has already pass that "level" and Ssamba should focus and intensify No-Rae and Seol-a's sexual tension and romantic feelings for each other. any scenario could be possible but I think Seol-a will be jealous and that will lead her to confess to No-Rae or if ever Seol-a see No-Rae and her ex kiss. heartbroken Seol-a will avoid No-Rae. which would lead to No-Rae to confess to Seol-a.

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

nope, in real life, things like these could never be swept under the rug.
there are so many ways to communicate how you feel now. if you couldnt do it face-to-face, hello messengers.
and with two women, who would always over-analyse situations like these, and would want to talk about feelings.
just having a small discussion about it, would def clear everything.
and carpe diem! it's such a waste of time to spend time together and NOT be together.
in this story, it seems like the characters completely forgot the previous chapters.

Tumblr_nkp0hyhyex1u9zdj3o1_250
joined Jun 15, 2015

Alextasha posted:

"Just the two of us"

Korrasami....

HA HA

ERMERGERDDDD AHSBANNDNSND!!! Yaazzz!

I guess I'm in the minority who actually liked this chapter. It wasn't a big leap, but it was something. Those small, subtle actions really get me. The fact that Seol-a actually reached out to No-rae's hand that was in the pocket means she won't let anything hold her back. I can't wait for the next chapter. TT^TT

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

any scenario could be possible but I think Seol-a will be jealous and that will lead her to confess to No-Rae or if ever Seol-a see No-Rae and her ex kiss. heartbroken Seol-a will avoid No-Rae. which would lead to No-Rae to confess to Seol-a.

Oh hell to the no. If there's a current-time het kiss, I just give up. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of her ex, especially since it's looking like she'll be on campus with him and Seol-a will have graduated, but No-Rae's palm better be in his face before any lip-locking...

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Tanks halmoni !

Port
joined Jan 23, 2015

capitulo 65 traducion en ingles
http://imgur.com/a/DDERc

tenga un buen dia:)

last edited at Feb 28, 2016 7:24PM

NamelessPresence
joined Feb 14, 2016

capitulo 65 traducion en ingles
http://imgur.com/a/DDERc

tenga un buen dia:)

Muchas gracias thatanon!

De igual forma que tengas un muy día e inicio de semana.

Av
joined Feb 6, 2015

I love FF so much. but I can't believe that we're like running in circles with No-Rae and Seol-a's feelings and the anticipated confession is being derailed for so long already (Chapter 65) Ssamba should just stop with throwing unnecessary situation. stop the teasing and flirting.cause I think the two heroine has already pass that "level" and Ssamba should focus and intensify No-Rae and Seol-a's sexual tension and romantic feelings for each other. any scenario could be possible but I think Seol-a will be jealous and that will lead her to confess to No-Rae or if ever Seol-a see No-Rae and her ex kiss. heartbroken Seol-a will avoid No-Rae. which would lead to No-Rae to confess to Seol-a.

I agree with this. I've been reading FF for awhile and I know with Ssamba's style of writing (you know what i mean), I shouldn't be expecting something much to happen every chapter but I really think it is taking too long. I like FF alot that's why it's sad to see on how it is turning to :(

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

What if No-Rae's sister is the first person to whom No-Rae admits she and Seol-A are dating (because by summer they HAVE to be dating, who am I kidding they won't lol) and No-Rae's sister casually says "Meh, I came here with my girlfriend from USA too"

lmao, that would be the best thing ever.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Thanks a lot thatanon
You're so fast :)

I had some business that took my mind off FF for a few hours today. When I came back and read the typeset, I actually liked it even more.
Before I read chapter 65, I had expected something more grandeur. But then the released chapter did not disappoint me either.
For sure it's not one of those chapters with splashing lava (if we had any), but it calmed me down while still blending perfectly well with the whole story.

This chapter gave me clearer perspective of No-rae, but it'a still a lil puzzling. She's just so average lol. As a typical Asian who hung out with other typical Asians, it's in my nature to be interested in academics all the time. So to see someone, who's so average, who took a bunch of credits for nothing, gets portrayed on paper is quite refreshing lol.
But then... at the same time, No-rae is not so average. She has her own quirks that drew people to her and made them feel defenseless. So that made her treasured and unique in her own way (?!)
I don't know what my point is. I think I'd just wanna say I found No-rae quite refreshing and puzzling at the same time. I want to read more and take a deeper look into her character development. One thing for sure is that the difference between Seol-a and No-rae is like of the sun and the moon.

I still think Ssamba is a very good intuitive writer. She's not afraid of going against the crowds; she keeps marching forward until she makes her points and actualizes her vision, or just has her own fun. It doesn't matter if the readers get it or not. And it's the reason that will keep me come back and enjoy every week, to see what she has in store for us. I will make my own judgement only after the story is finished.

joined Nov 18, 2015

Thanks for the hard work Halmoni et Thatanon !

I'm from those few people who doesn't care if the pace and developpement are slow, i really like the story and to see how the characters are changing (some slower than others) is for me the best way to enjoy the story !
Of course like everyone i'm wainting for the day they would actually recognize each others feelings and everything but for now i'm plenty happy with what is happening :)

Is it weird that I actually like that kind of pace than "too quick, too soon" kind of pace stories ? ^^

Go Ssamba !

Small
joined Feb 14, 2016

tldr

I actually found this chapter quite insightful especially for No-rae. I'm in the minority who wants things to go slow and I quite enjoy the slow burn each chapter lol. Also we rarely get a glimpse of No-rae's thoughts and it's kinda hard to see what she really thinks and feels so I really like this chapter.

From their conversation, No-rae seems like someone who just goes with the flow as also been shown in the previous chapters. But the thing is, it seems she doesn't know what she wants or probably knows it but doesn't know how to act on it. Hee-jin described her as wishy washy and compared her to her two siblings who both have firm personalities. Then her brother asked her two important questions which she cannot answer straighforwardly. She didn't even say what she wants to do after graduation even though she's in a hurry to graduate.

I think Ssamba is trying to develop No-rae before going full on with her relationship with Seol-a. Or Seol-a might be the key for No-rae to truly go after what she wants without holding back and caring too much about other people because that's what she seems to me. She cares too much but she shows too little(eg. she was devastated when Sungpyo broke up with her but didn't chase after him either). She avoids conflicts so she tends to put other people first before herself. That's probably also why she can't pursue Seol-a but can't stay away from her either. Seol-a's kinda an irregularity of sorts or something. She knows she loves Seol-a but is unsure of Seol-a's feelings for her (like duh) so she just stays there like a good friend that she is. Too afraid to make a step which could change their relationship. No-rae's walls are just to high but I love it lols.

Having said that, I think she knows there's something going on between her and Seol-a already, but yeah, too afraid to act or reciprocate. I don't buy it that she's dense. She even fooled and made fun of Ena once with her "airheadedness". She also questions Seol-a's feigned ignorance on her and Sungpyo's relationship in her mind. So yeah, I just don't buy it.

That's it. Ktnxbye.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@Alextasha posted:

"Just the two of us"

Korrasami....

(^__^ )

@halmoni posted:

cry moar salty tears - http://pastebin.com/Q9VcB8YW

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if their relationship progressed without a confession. That's the sort of vibe I'm getting from Seol-a, anyways.

@NicLarkin posted:

nope, in real life, things like these could never be swept under the rug.
there are so many ways to communicate how you feel now. if you couldnt do it face-to-face, hello messengers.
and with two women, who would always over-analyse situations like these, and would want to talk about feelings.
just having a small discussion about it, would def clear everything.
and carpe diem! it's such a waste of time to spend time together and NOT be together.
in this story, it seems like the characters completely forgot the previous chapters.

What?? Of course this can be swept under the run. Things even more shocking can be swept under the rug. Also, over analyzing is a well worn path to indecision. Plus, No-rae tends not to overanalyze things--or analyze things, period. She's an expert at letting things pass over her.

People fail at communicating all the time, and many do not know the importance of it. If someone taught you, great, but at what point have either of these characters shown that they've made that growth step? Why would they suddenly be direct with each other now?

Also, Korean culture. I'm American, and relative to my experience "direct expression of self" is not something I associate with any of the East Asian cultures I've studied. Nowhere near... It's one of the most obvious contrasts. The lack of directness is a defining characteristic of the languages spoken, which greatly influence and reflect cultural expression.

@xphrnzrjh posted:

Hell to the no! Who comes this close to kissing the person they loves and then just let it all be forgotten?!

I actually think it's really out of character- the fact that Seol-a didn't confront No-rae about it at some point since she's going all after her anyway- but I get that it's for the sake of the story. If I was instead of her though, I would've gone crazy~!

Also I realized I never properly thanked Halomni so, THANK YOU!!!! You really do make my week every Sunday and I really do appreciate it! Without your translations I would've gone even crazier than I did because of Ssamba. If there is anyway we could help please let us know!

How is this out of character? Seol-a is quite bold, yes, but she's still a girl approaching another girl. Korean. Young (still in Uni). She's conscious of the risk of being rejected and losing her friend (one of two??). Given No-rae's non-reaction, I expected Seol-a to retreat, observe and move in again when she sees a good opportunity. And I think she took it at the end, here. Instead of being selfish and making assumptions, she's trying to accommodate the person she cares about while steadily nudging her forward.

I think Ssamba's done an amazing job creating characters with depth who stand on their own. They are not you or me or anyone in this forum, though many of us have empathized with one or multiple of them at times.

No-rae is waaay into the non-combative/conflict-averse personality area, usually, and Seol-a is maturing into a more dependable potential partner. Pushing someone scared up against a wall be a tactless move. Seol-a knows that No-rae had an intense relationship that ended badly, and she is new with regards to really caring about someone romantically. She want "do this right".

Like @ieeheh said, It's been hinted at multiple times in the past that No-rae isn't the A-plus student having an easy time catching-up on her gap time. She's expressed concern about tests and projects and not keeping up in the past. This isn't an out-of-nowhere development. No-rae's world doesn't revolve around her relationship with Seol-a (clearly). Why can't she worry about not meeting her academic goals for a day? The gateway to adulthood, a job and being self-sufficient. It's a big deal. Seol-a's been a top student from day one, and No-rae...hasn't. The graduation was going to be an event either way because in real life performing differently through university impacts post-graduation options. They would've had very different opportunities.

We're so used to reading manga, stories and other media feature A-plus students, prodigies, stars. But these are just people. They're not perfect. They do irrational things. They're falling in love in some sort of realistic manner. How often in reality is that not messy? If you have not met people who act and respond like these two, live longer (and spend more time observing). Seriously.

No-rae wants to be resolute in her decision to be in another romantic relationship, and we've been given no new indicators that she is more ready. You could run away with the hand holding, but I think that would be a setup. She's not going to be ready just because there's a bunch of people wishing her to be. I'm with her brother.

I think it's great we're finally learning more about No-rae. Instead of pulling some hi-jinks to make her suddenly self-revealing, we are getting to know her through the lens of No-rae spending time with her family. She has clearly expressed how much she loves her family and spending time with them, and she's been attending a remote school

I'm sure Seol-a's enjoying this opportunity as well. Experiencing No-rae in this environment; there's a lot for Seol-a to take in. She seems to be to be in a very pensive mood, so I'm sure we'll be getting something new from her (when she's back to be the main focus or a more significant part of it).

Still loving Hee-jin. I love the way she's calmly just telling everybody No-rae's feeling doomed. She is awesome.

P.S. My day was almost tanked after a communication failure with a friend wherein I felt completely misunderstood and ultimately lost to withdrawal temporarily, so right now I'm extra sensitive to reactions and evaluations of these characters wherein the complainer doesn't appear to have considered a perspective other than his or her own. I'm fine with people complaining about their expectations for progression not being met, but--urggh. None of these reactions are surprising, but I still wish people weren't as stuck in their own perspectives as much as they are.

P.P.S. At least I can depend on Ssamba to keep doing her thing.

P.P.P.S. I like @chocofudge's summary. I also don't believe No-rae to be dense--not in all respects. In fact, I think she has much better intuition about people and their needs that Seol-a, but having the information implies neither letting others know you know nor acting upon it. All separate things.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@chocofudge, well said.

tldr

There's nothing tldr in FF discussion lol

From their conversation, No-rae seems like someone who just goes with the flow as also been shown in the previous chapters. But the thing is, it seems she doesn't know what she wants or probably knows it but doesn't know how to act on it. [...] She cares too much but she shows too little [...] She avoids conflicts so she tends to put other people first before herself. That's probably also why she can't pursue Seol-a but can't stay away from her either. [...] No-rae's walls are just to high

Personality wise, I've always found myself in No-rae. I'm usually torn with the question "to be or not to be" in all issues. So I'm always attracted to people who know what they want and can always make up their mind (aka Seol-a). I'd never want another wishy washy (aka Sung-pyo) for myself lol

Having said that, I think she knows there's something going on between her and Seol-a already, but yeah, too afraid to act or reciprocate. I don't buy it that she's dense. She even fooled and made fun of Ena once with her "airheadedness". She also questions Seol-a's feigned ignorance on her and Sungpyo's relationship in her mind. So yeah, I just don't buy it.

I'm pretty sure she knows, she's just too damn afraid of stepping into the unknown territory. Not that I'm any better... I'm still in the closet after so many years being an adult

That's it. Ktnxbye.

That's it? Back to lurking?

F494445ccf14390bf6c2ed5513bce72a
joined Oct 31, 2013

any scenario could be possible but I think Seol-a will be jealous and that will lead her to confess to No-Rae or if ever Seol-a see No-Rae and her ex kiss. heartbroken Seol-a will avoid No-Rae. which would lead to No-Rae to confess to Seol-a.

Oh hell to the no. If there's a current-time het kiss, I just give up. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of her ex, especially since it's looking like she'll be on campus with him and Seol-a will have graduated, but No-Rae's palm better be in his face before any lip-locking...

At this point I'm certain that the girls would leave any guy in a heartbeat for each other unless they'll suddenly get scared but even then it's temporary so I wouldn't worry instead of you

To reply you must either login or sign up.