Forum › Abyss discussion

41d15eb7093baec072fbb832ad7e1d7d
joined Jun 27, 2014

I was totally enamored with the flow of all the yuri teasing and flirting and then had a shock when the yaoi short was flipped through . Now I need to go get a mop , seeing the yaoi made me spit out my ice cream everywhere . Now I have to make a whole new bowl of Mint'N'Chip .

joined Oct 11, 2010

Jin really has a problem with faces, I cant till if this is or is not meant to be related to my beloved.

I disagree.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Wow. That was really good. That credit page though xD

joined Jul 20, 2011

I'm checking the Not Yaoi tag, and so far it's been used for:

For a tag so seldomly used it is quite diverse, isn't it?

Capture
joined Mar 9, 2013

Kek, not yaoi.
Either way, I liked both shorts!

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

That "not yaoi" tag made me laugh
Though in regards to the short at the end, I could've sworn one of them had boobs.

Kitsune Inari

I'm checking the Not Yaoi tag, and so far it's been used for:

For a tag so seldomly used it is quite diverse, isn't it?

That description of Free is probably the most accurate I've seen so far xD

last edited at Feb 13, 2016 6:49PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Though in regards to the short at the end, I could've sworn one of them had boobs.

Or both of them, at one point I was convinced that they were girls, started searching for pronoun and did found a he x)
Boobs on top :
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/abyss#23
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/abyss#21

last edited at Feb 13, 2016 6:52PM

Untitled-1
joined Jun 11, 2013

Not yaoi ....
Muh sides :)))

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

So that was great, but what exactly was the purpose of the not yaoi tag?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Faust posted:

So you can join us in "We don't know either" club

last edited at Feb 13, 2016 7:16PM

joined Sep 11, 2014

In this case, it's to inform readers that there are male characters in the manga (though it's only a short at the end), and one of them just blushes at the other, thus it's not yaoi. Definitely not yaoi. Yep, there's no yaoi here. Just a guy blushing from another guy holding his hand and their foreheads touching. Perfectly normal for a senpai & a kouhai.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Unacceptable! Cant believe Jin-sama got second billing! Pfft :p

The author tags seem to be sorted alphabetically, and as far as I know there's no way to tag guest authors.

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Cyfer posted:

The author tags seem to be sorted alphabetically, and as far as I know there's no way to tag guest authors.

Not to mention it's hospitable to put a guest author first if you think about it.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Cyfer posted:

Not to mention it's hospitable to put a guest author first if you think about it.

Who said anything about alphabet ? That's stupid. Guest is first because Jin's good manners came through the internet.

last edited at Feb 13, 2016 7:37PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

In this case, it's to inform readers that there are male characters in the manga (though it's only a short at the end), and one of them just blushes at the other, thus it's not yaoi. Definitely not yaoi. Yep, there's no yaoi here. Just a guy blushing from another guy holding his hand and their foreheads touching. Perfectly normal for a senpai & a kouhai.

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

-But there is yaoi in this. Tag should be removed.

Well THAT'S. THE. POİNT.

No, the point is that some people can (be triggered/have their moods ruined) by a varying array of circumstances, and these people need to be able to rely on and trust the tagging system to get the best usage our of this site.

Even if the tag is technically accurate (and that's debatable) it is still used in a deceptive manner to spring a nasty surprise on the people who are trying to avoid the very thing they have been tricked into seeing.

A more useful and considerate tag would be something like yaoi on pages 19-22, or for those of you who might want to argue the technicalities implied yaoi on pages 19-22. That way the people who are here for yuri and nothing but the yuri can stop at page 18 without being lulled into a false sense of security.

It's just basic etiquette.

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

Well, for certain I really liked this side of Takemiya Jin leaving aside the usual angst and drama for a change.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

the usual angst and drama

LOLOL

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Why the Not Yaoi tag? XD

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Why the Not Yaoi tag? XD

I believe the implication is that it didn't have much in common with yaoi, despite being two males.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Thor posted:

That way the people who are here for yuri and nothing but the yuri can stop at page 18 without being lulled into a false sense of security.

It's just basic etiquette.

It's not even that big a deal, lol. You can always just close the tab when you reach it. And if simply seeing two guys on a page is enough to ruin your day you have far larger issues to be worrying about than whether something is tagged correctly.

K-8mrinwxaaz9-lt_gbsmjyizpi6k9rxvvyg8qyvh-o
joined Jun 24, 2015

Jin really has a problem with faces, I cant till if this is or is not meant to be related to my beloved.

I disagree.

The way she positions the side views of her character faces is a bit... different, but I would liken it to a more stylistic choice versus a failing in artistic ability. That being said I don't think she a particularly good artist though, she just has style that makes up for it. She is good enough for manga, but only just.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

trafi

Or both of them, at one point I was convinced that they were girls, started searching for pronoun and did found a he x)
Boobs on top :
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/abyss#23
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/abyss#21

I saw those too, glad I wasn't the only one
it's hard to translate pronouns from japanese because they don't have he or she so I'm taking the translation with a grain of dust

joined Oct 11, 2010

I disagree.

That being said I don't think she a particularly good artist though, she just has style that makes up for it. She is good enough for manga, but only just.

And I disagree with that as well.

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 12:20AM

1w
joined Jun 17, 2015

"Not yaoi? There's yaoi in it!"

-->sees forum comments about the boobs
-->reads it again, really does sees boobs on them on pages 19,20,21

"Oh okay, definitely not yaoi." I approve of this tag. ;)

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 12:49AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.