Forum › My Beloved discussion

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Get rekt'd Ayuna (╯ಠ▃▃ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

"Even though I was sympathizing with you...." Oh stop it, you. Your sociopath-ish behavior is killing me. Seriously, Takeyima always writes such an over-the-top assholes it's really hard to be mad. They're like the classic mexican soap opera villains. They're the Soraya Montenegro of yuri

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

There are girls who actually thinks like that irl...smh

Yeah knew one particular girl in high school like that... Drama.

Gonz%20icon
joined Dec 27, 2015

Do you think Jin based this off of personal experience? The emotions, the writers block and even the premise felt like something that could be taken from real life. Hell, even the last page says "I will mix just a bit of truth into my fiction". Interesting, don't you think?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

This whole chapter feels like Takemiya talking directly to the audience, and saying "You wanna know what liking girls is like? Here you go."

I know right? It was like she was directly speaking to me. "See? I understand you."

And at the same time, she shows that lesbian relationships are no different than het ones. We love, we are blinded by love and loneliness, we wake up, and we break-up sometimes because something's got to give.

She's awesome.

last edited at Feb 11, 2016 1:53AM

Capture
joined Mar 9, 2013

Ah, wow. That hit deeper than I expected. Damn, I adore her. I hope she will always keep writing.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

I want to be a cool woman like her too (๑•̀ㅁ•́๑)✧

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Kazakae posted:

Kids + Marriage = Absolute Happiness? Methinks not

That's pretty subjective. There's plenty of people whose greatest desire is to have a family of their own and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. My sister is more or less like that (though for her it was just that she always wanted her own kids) and when she finally had her daughter last year I've never seen her happier in her entire life.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Kazakae posted:

Kids + Marriage = Absolute Happiness? Methinks not

That's pretty subjective. There's plenty of people whose greatest desire is to have a family of their own and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. My sister is more or less like that (though for her it was just that she always wanted her own kids) and when she finally had her daughter last year I've never seen her happier in her entire life.

I would imagine that there are strong messages to that effect in Japanese culture, all the more in recent years as they try to combat the falling birth rate without actually changing the root causes.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

HELL YEA ERIUMI FOREVER slowpoke

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nezchan posted:

I would imagine that there are strong messages to that effect in Japanese culture, all the more in recent years as they try to combat the falling birth rate without actually changing the root causes.

Yeah, but my point is that it really depends entirely on the person in question. It's not an objective fact and it's not objectively false either.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

This got much better with the later chapters included, I actually kinda like this now.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

There is a continuation, right? I wanna see Satomi x Nana outcome :3

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

There is a continuation, right? I wanna see Satomi x Nana outcome :3

Me too! I want more Satomi x Nana!

joined Jan 8, 2014

That was such a good read! ^_^ cant wait to see the next chs in the series

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

She was so fucking ignorant. " You can't have kids cause your gay. Plus your at the bottom of the food chain, so I feel sorry for you. I'm bi so I'm gonna be ok." Bitch what???

last edited at Feb 12, 2016 6:51AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

She was so fucking ignorant. " You can't have kids cause your gay. Plus your at the bottom of the food chain, so I feel sorry for you. I'm bi so I'm gonna be ok." Bitch what???

Well, that's how the author wanted her to come accross. So as to contrast with the cool sempai.

joined Apr 26, 2014

Nice one!! .more chapter please!!

JustAYuriFangirl
Morikubo-nono-full-1788867
joined Feb 13, 2016

Haha, that Maria-Sama reference though XD (Not that I've ever seen that anime. It seems to typical and melodramatic for me.)

Teenager%20drasil
joined Feb 18, 2016

It is pretty shitty but not an uncommon opinion!

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Ugh i hate people like her...
And plus, Gay people can have kids.
They can adopt.
Lesbians can get some " stuf " ( dunno how to explain in english )
And Gay men can find an " mum " ( also dunno how to explain this in english )
So, gay people can have kids.
IN YOUR FACE AYANA ( that was her name right, already forgot )
Edit, Ayuna. Sorrynotsorry

last edited at Mar 18, 2016 9:48PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Unfortunately, in Japan lesbians can't adopt (because they're single?); they aren't allowed to get artificial insemination either. About the only way a lesbian in Japan could have a kid is if she married (a guy) or had a (het) affair. Aside from how much that would hurt her, it stands a good chance of destroying whatever (lesbian) romance she's managed to acquire at that point.

PS: If any of that has changed, then please correct me.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Unfortunately, in Japan lesbians can't adopt (because they're single?); they aren't allowed to get artificial insemination either. About the only way a lesbian in Japan could have a kid is if she married (a guy) or had a (het) affair. Aside from how much that would hurt her, it stands a good chance of destroying whatever (lesbian) romance she's managed to acquire at that point.

PS: If any of that has changed, then please correct me.

To the best of my knowledge this is correct. Lesbians can be "married" in a limited sense in a few specific jurisdictions, which aren't recognized on the Federal level so the things you mention still apply. Unfortunately none of the things HopeFromYuri mentions are applicable to Japan, as much as we wish they were. Maybe in a decade or two (hopefully way less!), but not now.

last edited at Mar 18, 2016 10:25PM

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Unfortunately, in Japan lesbians can't adopt (because they're single?)

Actually, there's nothing legally stopping lesbians from adoption in Japan; it's up to the discretion of adoption agencies. Having said, my understanding is that many (most?) won't do single adoptions. Because it's not illegal at the national (pedantic note: Japan does not have a federal government) level, though, that means that there's nothing stopping individual adoption agencies from recognizing those marriage documents. They're still relatively new, though, and I haven't heard of them being used for this.

Maybe in a decade or two (hopefully way less!), but not now.

Keep in mind that a (slim) majority of the country supports same sex marriage, as do close to 3/4 of those under 40 (these may actually be higher than levels of support in the US). It's deprioritised at the legislative level mostly because the population and the people running the government are all really ... old. But there's a good chance we'll see some movement before the Olympics, particularly now that's legal in the US.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Do you know anything about in vitro?

To reply you must either login or sign up.