Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

joined Mar 25, 2013

Chapter 9 was out and translated but still the same, Yuu shut down her own feelings for Nanami. WOOOSAAAAAAAAAAH!.

That was expected though. What with her denial and everything. That's where the drama will start from and the downfall of this otherwise very good manga.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Chapter 9 was out and translated but still the same, Yuu shut down her own feelings for Nanami. WOOOSAAAAAAAAAAH!.

That was expected though. What with her denial and everything. That's where the drama will start from and the downfall of this otherwise very good manga.

I dont think it's a intentional denial at all. Yuu just can't "feel" due to her over analyzing tendency, and thats her problem. The shoujo fictions gave her the popular "infatuation" perspective of love that made her fixated on it. This story will give Yuu the slow burning love that lasts for a long time.

joined Aug 19, 2012

Chinese translated title is super weird, something like "At last/in the end I've become you"

last edited at Jan 30, 2016 12:46PM

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

I'm sure this must have been brought up before (I'm a tad late to the game and don't want to skim through 20-odd forum pages) but I'm super concerned with the narrative that this story seems to be taking. It's entire message seems to be boiling down to "if you persist at it long enough you will eventually make the person you like return your feelings." Which is really, really upsetting to me. Being shown affection does not mean that affection is owed in return. Yuu has been very upfront about not having any romantic feelings for anyone, and not expecting to ever do so (i.e. aromantic). Yet Touko continues to push her feelings onto her, even going so far as to say "You keep forgiving me, so I keep wanting to do more." Which is decidedly Not Healthy and very, very selfish. Just because Touko was able to suddenly experience romantic feelings for someone, it does not mean that Yuu should or will be able to as well.

I'm hoping that volume 2 actually addresses this instead of having Yuu just slowly start to fall in love or whatever without any issues. The writing thus far has been good enough for that not to be out of the question, but I'm still not going to get my hopes up ..

Girl%20friends-av
joined Jul 13, 2015

Yuu has been very upfront about not having any romantic feelings for anyone, and not expecting to ever do so (i.e. aromantic). Yet Touko continues to push her feelings onto her, even going so far as to say "You keep forgiving me, so I keep wanting to do more." Which is decidedly Not Healthy and very, very selfish. Just because Touko was able to suddenly experience romantic feelings for someone, it does not mean that Yuu should or will be able to as well.

Yuu wants to fall in love, and she shows multiple signs of jealousy over Touko who finally fell in love.
And Touko push her feelings onto Yuu, because Yuu accepted it, in the chapter 3.

Yuu is some kind of tsundere, not the usual one, but still one.
She's torn between her curiosity, her jealousy, her friendship over Touko and the incomprehension of her feelings and of the concept of love, and I guess she's somewhat afraid.
So she both want and don't want to be courted by Touko, like any tsundere.

In the end, it's a yuri manga, not an ace/aro manga.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The only aro/ace character turned out to be Maki

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

I have to disagree on Yuu not have any romantic feelings for Touko at this point. Maki points out that Yuu immediately thought about Touko being hurt from the truth of their relationship coming out instead of her. Also, when both Yuu and Touko are studying Yuu says she is hyper aware of her sitting opposite her. If you don't have any romantic feelings for a person you won't care that person is sitting next to you. Plus, she waits anxiously for Touko to join her in the libarary. Yuu also is in tune with Touka feelings when Touka was nervous she saw past her mask of confidence.

Everybody love's differently, that is what Yuu has to understand, she's trying to use other people's personal experince of love for her own feelings of love. This can be seen in chapter 1 where she says, "the words of shoujo manga is dazzling and shiny, I just want to feel them." That is her major problem, manga and novels paint love with pretty words but the emotion of love can be different when you are feeling that emotion. Fiction is different from reality.

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

I mean yeah, for however much that's worth. I know this is obviously not going to have an aro main character, just with the work's title. But it would be nice if Touko even considered the thought that Yuu might be. Especially when she herself had essentially been IDing as such before meeting her. It just seems contradictory of her to keep pushing.

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

No rush, but I hope Yuri Project will continue with this wonderful series. Your work is much appreciated. :)

joined Jun 12, 2015

Maki is basically yuri danshi.

Avatar_200px_moyashimon_aspergillus-oryzae
joined Mar 14, 2014

Maki is a true yuri danshi.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I mean yeah, for however much that's worth. I know this is obviously not going to have an aro main character, just with the work's title. But it would be nice if Touko even considered the thought that Yuu might be. Especially when she herself had essentially been IDing as such before meeting her. It just seems contradictory of her to keep pushing.

It doesn't seem contradictory at all to me. She's in love, why would she not hope that Yuu will end up being just as she was and just needs time to realize?

Diiis
joined Sep 14, 2015

So is the general concincus that she (the main protagonist) is demiromantic? I imagine that would allow for a romance in the work, after some relationship build up, but also stay true to the fact that she never loved someone/had a crush on someone in the first place when there were sudden confessions right?
And the guy seems to be aromantic. As in he doesn't want or feel the need to be in a romantic relationship with someone.
Then again im not sure if a romance manga would touch into the ace umbrella.

joined Sep 9, 2013

I have to disagree on Yuu not have any romantic feelings for Touko at this point. Maki points out that Yuu immediately thought about Touko being hurt from the truth of their relationship coming out instead of her. Also, when both Yuu and Touko are studying Yuu says she is hyper aware of her sitting opposite her. If you don't have any romantic feelings for a person you won't care that person is sitting next to you. Plus, she waits anxiously for Touko to join her in the libarary. Yuu also is in tune with Touka feelings when Touka was nervous she saw past her mask of confidence.

Everybody love's differently, that is what Yuu has to understand, she's trying to use other people's personal experince of love for her own feelings of love. This can be seen in chapter 1 where she says, "the words of shoujo manga is dazzling and shiny, I just want to feel them." That is her major problem, manga and novels paint love with pretty words but the emotion of love can be different when you are feeling that emotion. Fiction is different from reality.

I disagree on a few points. Yuu thinking of Touko first is not romantic in anyway. She cares for Touko true but she doesnt want Touko hurt from rumors because she cares for Touko in a friendship sense. That is why she is surprised by Maki's conclusion (my thoughts). When you know someone has romantic or strong feelings for you it has a effect right? You notice them even if you are in love or not. I agree everyone love is different but Yuu does not seem IN LOVE. Until this story goes deeper in the psyche of the main characters more it lacks any weight. still a good read either way

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Maki obviously figured out the triangle unfolding.

He's gonna enjoy the play.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Ohh I understand Maki very much but only difference we have is If a girl confes to me I'd say yes before she ends her sentence.

joined Apr 27, 2015

And the guy seems to be aromantic. As in he doesn't want or feel the need to be in a romantic relationship with someone.
Then again im not sure if a romance manga would touch into the ace umbrella.

I don'treally t think it's right or needed to just tag him as aromantic offone chapter. He turned down a girl because he was more interested in just watching. He's pretty much one of us, and we don't really know for certain whether he actually is aromantic or anything. No real reason to make a point of it til it actually matters with him imo

last edited at Feb 3, 2016 1:29PM

Oh, wow. I didn't think there would be a character I would actually relate so closely to here.

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

glad to see more people instantly thought of maki as a yuri danshi, like me ^o^

joined Aug 10, 2015

OK OH YES.ALRIGHT.WE HAVE A YURI-FANBOY RIGHT THERE.YURI DANSHI COPY ALRIGHT.ALRIGHT.

Gosh i want to read more ykskdofösösöapapdlwjwbsvfdkfl

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

yes my boy Maki-kun

joined Feb 18, 2015

The further into this story we get, I get more convinced that the author is portraying Yuu as either Demisexual or asexual. She truly doesn’t get what it is like to be sexually attracted to ANYONE. However, I get the feeling she is opening up to a romantic attraction to Nanami sempai. Once the romantic attachment is stronger, she could start to have sexual desire for her as well. (At least I hope that is how the story is going.)

Reading some of the comments here, it seems other people have thought that too... I am really impressed if the manaka really is intending to address either asexual or demisexual (or demiromantic) issues.

My personal take, which means precisely nothing, is that she is demisexual. I think she has already developed romantic feelings for Nanami but is confused because she doesn't feel any sexual desire for her, despite wanting to support her, be by her side, and spend more time with her. I really look forward to the chapter where she realizes her true feelings! So far the mangaka is doing an excellent job with this manga, in terms of art, story, characterization, and pacing. I love it!

joined Aug 15, 2015

I disagree on a few points. Yuu thinking of Touko first is not romantic in anyway. She cares for Touko true but she doesnt want Touko hurt from rumors because she cares for Touko in a friendship sense. That is why she is surprised by Maki's conclusion (my thoughts). When you know someone has romantic or strong feelings for you it has a effect right? You notice them even if you are in love or not. I agree everyone love is different but Yuu does not seem IN LOVE. Until this story goes deeper in the psyche of the main characters more it lacks any weight. still a good read either way

It is true a person may protect someone else out of friendship and not just because of romantic feelings. However, given the short time they've known each other, such idealistic selflessness is difficult to judge that is friendship.

I will also argue that Yuu is basing off her emotion and judgement to her stereotype of what everyone else would have done or feel. Note that she judge her protectiveness because for her, "It is what everyone have done." She is also trying too look for love based on the stereotypical description that society gives. So in a sense, Yuu may be denying her actual feeling because she does not feel what the world feels.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Maki is not a yuri danshi. He just likes watching love stories unfold. With their share of drama. That this one is a yuri one adds spice, because it must be kept secret, but he doesn't show that he likes it because it's two girls.

And I don't think the author wants to portray Yuu as a demi-something. I think they want to tell of her path to romance and show the whole process of falling in love.

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

Maki is not a yuri danshi. He just likes watching love stories unfold. With their share of drama. That this one is a yuri one adds spice, because it must be kept secret, but he doesn't show that he likes it because it's two girls.

sure we all see that, but the resemblance it has with his feeling of watching and anticipation, show though

To reply you must either login or sign up.