Forum › Yuri Kuma Arashi discussion

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

I just wonder if she actually did EAT her... I mean, maybe it could mean that she just killed her but if she really did EAT her that would be hella sick and traumatic. But that would also be the reason for her not being in prison, I mean she's insane so maybe they left her with home-arrest with Yurika being responsable of keeping an eye on her.

Sympho - i'm going to be a little crass here and suggest that "eat" is a double entendre for a very adult-like activity. Think of the end of ch. 16 when Kale says "having a three-way right now is a bit...". She definitely did not mean playing old maid :-)

@everyone - 1.) are Kale and Yurika sisters? i have forgotten how they are related to one another. 2.) Kale's book, "The Moon Girl and the Forest Bear," is very sexual. It says quite a bit about Kale and how she saw herself. i think that one panel in the picture book with the bears "feasting" on the female silhouette and the other panel where the girl befriends the bear says it all.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Oh, the last chapter of Vol 2 :( I love this series. This and Bloom Into You is all what I need in my yuri.

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

ciega posted:

I just wonder if she actually did EAT her... I mean, maybe it could mean that she just killed her but if she really did EAT her that would be hella sick and traumatic. But that would also be the reason for her not being in prison, I mean she's insane so maybe they left her with home-arrest with Yurika being responsable of keeping an eye on her.

Sympho - i'm going to be a little crass here and suggest that "eat" is a double entendre for a very adult-like activity. Think of the end of ch. 16 when Kale says "having a three-way right now is a bit...". She definitely did not mean playing old maid :-)

@everyone - 1.) are Kale and Yurika sisters? i have forgotten how they are related to one another. 2.) Kale's book, "The Moon Girl and the Forest Bear," is very sexual. It says quite a bit about Kale and how she saw herself. i think that one panel in the picture book with the bears "feasting" on the female silhouette and the other panel where the girl befriends the bear says it all.

Yeah definitely it makes sense. "Eating" is most likely sexual. Sounds more like Kale raped Reia after they both had guys and children, then killed her when she wouldn't be only hers.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

@Ciega Sisters-in-law. Yurika is the sister of Ginko's father (as far as we know anyway)

@KCat Still waiting on vol. 3 to come out. Soon as we get RAWs for that, the process begins anew.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

So Kale loved Reia intensely, but Reia only thought of her as a friend and got married to a man. It seems though that before that happened, Kale had already married and had Ginko. Gosh Kale thus far seems like a fucking hypocrite who killed Reia merely because she wouldn't be hers alone?

Well, also because she's a bear. They do stuff like that.
If she really killed (not to mention ate) her, and isn't some kind of bear queen, then given her distinct lack of stealth about the whole thing I'd really wonder why the cops didn't put her away years ago.

Kureha is not living with her father either, right? My take on this is that Ginko's mom has an affair with Reia, husband funds out, and kills Reia in a fit of rage. Kale feels responsible for Reia's death, Kureha's father goes to jail and is disowed by relatives.

last edited at Jan 24, 2016 11:32AM

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

blopa wrote:

Kureha is not living with her father either, right? My take on this is that Ginko's mom has an affair with Reia, husband funds out, and kills Reia in a fit of rage. Kale feels responsible for Reia's death, Kureha's father goes to jail and is disowed by relatives.

could be, but my only problem with that hypothosis is the fact the picture book existed before Reia died. unless the book was foreshadowing events to come, it still doesn't explain everything. btw, thanks for reminding us all that Kureha doesn't live with her father either. i thought he was alive because of the care package Kureha gets in an earlier chapter, but it now makes me question if maybe he and Reia are both dead. i doubt it, but i'm not sure. so...

@Blopa - you brought up a really good point. i guess i'll go reread a few chapters just to be sure.

lamo. all these redacted posts are hillarious. it's like we're trying to solve a serious murder mystery.

:-)

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

blopa wrote:

could be, but my only problem with that hypothosis is the fact the picture book existed before Reia died. unless the book was foreshadowing events to come, it still doesn't explain everything. btw, thanks for reminding us all that Kureha doesn't live with her father either. i thought he was alive because of the care package Kureha gets in an earlier chapter, but it now makes me question if maybe he and Reia are both dead. i doubt it, but i'm not sure. so...

@Blopa - you brought up a really good point. i guess i'll go reread a few chapters just to be sure.

lamo. all these redacted posts are hillarious. it's like we're trying to solve a serious murder mystery.

:-)

Fuck! I forgot about the package... Well, could have as easily been Kale's. That'd make her feel even more guilty.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Is all this spoiler stuff about untranslated chapters, or just speculation? If the latter, you don't really need to worry about the tags.

joined Jul 22, 2015

Nezchan posted:

Is all this spoiler stuff about untranslated chapters, or just speculation? If the latter, you don't really need to worry about the tags.

Mostly speculation on the future or things put into spoiler tags not to discuss certain things that would spoil it for someone who hasn't read all the chapters available yet.

joined Jul 22, 2015

ciega posted:

blopa wrote:

Hmmm. If we take a bit more from Japanese culture regarding adolescent or prepubescent romantic female-female relationships... The book is Kale describing her lesbianism and talking about becoming intimate with Reia as a teenager. As they grew up, Reia basically pushed off that stuff as teenage fun or just friend stuff. Kale ends up marrying Reia's older brother to be closer to Reia, who also found a man and married. Both ended up having their respective daughters, but after that Kale couldn't hold her feelings back and ended up doing something to or with Reia. This was discovered and caused either Reia to kill herself or her husband to kill her in a fit of rage.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nezchan posted:

Mostly speculation on the future or things put into spoiler tags not to discuss certain things that would spoil it for someone who hasn't read all the chapters available yet.

If it's just speculation, PLEASE don't clutter up the conversation with huge messages with almost nothing but black bars, like the one immediately above. It makes the discussion harder to read, and since it's about stuff already on the reader to begin with, for little if any benefit.

Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

Nezchan posted:
"huge messages with almost nothing but black bars"

ahaha I read this as 'nothing but black bears' ... bears on the brain, I guess.

As for Kale "killing and eating" Reia, I'm wondering if there's something more metaphysical at work here. I know that in one of my early novels, I killed my father (it was actually a very successful release, maybe I should look for other relatives to knock off and restart my career) because I Just. Hated. Him. So. Much. That Kureha didn't know about the added pages suggests that the book is a second edition, and it would make sense from the psychological standpoint of a writer (especially one who seems to have a slightly loose grip on reality) to go kill Reia as a new ending to the story after things fell apart. Whether this happened because of or led to Reia's actual death is uncertain. I certainly didn't go and actually kill my father, but then I'm only slightly crazy.

The "ate" part, to me, almost seems to mean Kale has stuffed down, or devoured, her feelings in a way that mentally, at least to her, makes them final and justifies either what she did, how she reacted to various things, or how she has assumed guilt for Reia's death. Kale clearly has a few cards missing from her deck, so it could be any combination of the above.

What I find so fascinating is why Kale felt she was a 'criminal bear', or a bear at all, for that matter. In the flashback, Reia happily tells her daughter the book is about her and Kale, so obviously she doesn't hate or fear her at that point. She also chuckles over Kale referring to herself as a criminal bear ("it is so like her") which makes me wonder whether she was dismissing a potential warning sign that Kale was/is bear-scat crazy (see what I did there?) or if she really didn't understand the depth of Kale's feelings.

I have a bunch of nagging questions about the whole thing, but I have to go back and reread the entire series to this point to try and find if they are already answered. Several of them have to do with Yurika. Yurika, yez ... Compared to this, analyzing Kafka in English class was easy lol.

Rr
joined Feb 3, 2016

So Kale loved Reia intensely, but Reia only thought of her as a friend and got married to a man. It seems though that before that happened, Kale had already married and had Ginko. Gosh Kale thus far seems like a fucking hypocrite who killed Reia merely because she wouldn't be hers alone?

Well, also because she's a bear. They do stuff like that.
If she really killed (not to mention ate) her, and isn't some kind of bear queen, then given her distinct lack of stealth about the whole thing I'd really wonder why the cops didn't put her away years ago.

OH,come on..
I know this is a yuri manga .but you don't need to be male-bashing!
I got fed up by the female-bashing in yaoi fandom..
Anyway,I don't think Mr.Tsubaki is the real killer of Reia.
http://dynasty-scans.com/system/releases/000/013/450/00154.png
otherwise Kureha would tell us "My mother dead,and my father disappear too"
http://dynasty-scans.com/system/releases/000/013/450/00155.png
http://dynasty-scans.com/system/releases/000/013/450/00167.png
he seem to be a loving-father ,even his wife is dead.
and may be eventually,become the final boss in the way of Kureha and Ginko.I don't think he would be happy seeing his daughter get along with the children of his Nemesis.

last edited at Feb 3, 2016 7:33AM

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Third volume RAWs are out, and the /u/ crew is on the case! Expect more gay bears coming soon!

Rr
joined Feb 3, 2016

Third volume RAWs are out, and the /u/ crew is on the case! Expect more gay bears coming soon!

Speaking of RAW , do u have vol1 RAW,I want to find if something has translation error or not

For Example ,error like this:

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_kuma_arashi_ch09#11

Should be "That must be HER mother's scent"
Reia and Kale have same smell simply doesn't make scene
if Reia and Kale have same smell ,Ginko would mention that in ch 11 when she remember everying.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Kanna posted:

Speaking of RAW , do u have vol1 RAW,I want to find if something has translation error or not

It does say "it smells just like my mom did." though.

Rr
joined Feb 3, 2016

Kanna posted:

It does say "it smells just like my mom did." though.

The original Japanese actually does not refer to kureha's mom.
And the only two who has lily scent are ginko and her mother, not reia.

Rr
joined Feb 3, 2016

after i saw the vol.3rd...
Ok, we've get that all wrong.
but what's that?Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney?
I won't be surprised if Reia's new name is Lamiroir

And Ginko,don't be ridiculous.If Reia and Kureha are the only 2 human in this world.That does mean that Reia's husband is a BEAR too! how come you say that human and bear cannot be getting along?

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

PFFFFFFFF... that credit page...

joined Jun 12, 2015

The final volume begins here!

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

THAT CREDIT PAGE LOL

IM ON THE FLOOR LAUGHHIGN HASALSHFAJK

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

That credit page was what I was thinking the whole time

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

why do translators keep making such brilliant credits pages, you're killing me.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

It's back, gao!

I thought the box-teacher Yuriko's name was Hakonaka (箱仲), meaning "inside a box". What's "Hatonaka"?

This series continues to be so cheesy and goofy. The female inherits the estate? And of course the girl named Hakonaka laments being trapped in a box.

And I did actually eat kale today, what a coincidence. I just shrugged and rolled the l when I first saw it so it sounded more Japanese in my head. "Kare".

last edited at Jun 6, 2016 12:28AM

Rr
joined Feb 3, 2016

It's back, gao!

I thought the box-teacher Yuriko's name was Hakonaka (箱仲), meaning "inside a box". What's "Hatonaka"?

This series continues to be so cheesy and goofy. The female inherits the estate? And of course the girl named Hakonaka laments being trapped in a box.

And I did actually eat kale today, what a coincidence. I just shrugged and rolled the l when I first saw it so it sounded more Japanese in my head. "Kare".

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_kuma_arashi_ch12#7

That is trying to explain why ginko is not a Hakonaka,yet still made not much scene..

To reply you must either login or sign up.