Forum › Netsuzou Trap discussion

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Yeah at this point, I don't think hotaru deserves Yuma. She doesn't treat her well. I know she's in bad relationship with the jerkoff guy but I feel like she's using Yuma to deal with her problems. Yuma is way too dense for her own good.

I like this Manga but yeah I hope it doesn't go to having a threesome. Eh

joined May 4, 2014

I believe this blackmailing could be the reason why Hotaru is going out with this dick in the first place. Like maybe he's already blackmailing her with something? I wouldn't be surprised if she was a victim. :/

That's what I was thinking too.
Fujiwara really is a [insert insult of your choosing], so I really don't understand why Hotaru sticks with him?
People usually stay in abusive relationships because they care about their partner, but Hotaru doesn't seem to give a damn about him, so... either he has some dirt on her and is blackmailing her, or she's afraid he'd get violent if she breaks up.

But it's really about damn time Yuma finally realizes that what she's been doing with Hotaru was cheating. I don't mind infidelity in stories, but I really hate the "it's not cheating if it's with another girl" trope.
Though I like Takeda's attitude. He seems to be handling their relationship with a lot of maturity.

most than cheat Takeda with Hotaru is cheat Hotaru with takeda, and it's not cheat because she don't like the poor Takeda(she think but actualy she not). to Hotaru, Fujiwara is a "stress releasing/make Yuma
jealous/hurt herself" toy. have something at 3? Hotaru+Fujiwara+other= yes Hotaru+Fujiwara+Yuma=impossible(Hotaru will kill, literally, Fujuwara even if he look at her).

Received_468649373647826
joined May 24, 2015

Can i kill the author ?

Received_468649373647826
joined May 24, 2015

enough with the drama, cheating, blackmailing etc
Im killing the guy in my mind already i want to torture him

Antlers
joined Jan 16, 2016

I believe this blackmailing could be the reason why Hotaru is going out with this dick in the first place. Like maybe he's already blackmailing her with something? I wouldn't be surprised if she was a victim. :/

That's what I was thinking too.
Fujiwara really is a [insert insult of your choosing], so I really don't understand why Hotaru sticks with him?
People usually stay in abusive relationships because they care about their partner, but Hotaru doesn't seem to give a damn about him, so... either he has some dirt on her and is blackmailing her, or she's afraid he'd get violent if she breaks up.

But it's really about damn time Yuma finally realizes that what she's been doing with Hotaru was cheating. I don't mind infidelity in stories, but I really hate the "it's not cheating if it's with another girl" trope.
Though I like Takeda's attitude. He seems to be handling their relationship with a lot of maturity.

most than cheat Takeda with Hotaru is cheat Hotaru with takeda, and it's not cheat because she don't like the poor Takeda(she think but actualy she not). to Hotaru, Fujiwara is a "stress releasing/make Yuma
jealous/hurt herself" toy. have something at 3? Hotaru+Fujiwara+other= yes Hotaru+Fujiwara+Yuma=impossible(Hotaru will kill, literally, Fujuwara even if he look at her).

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I fully understand what you are saying.
Yuma is cheating on Takeda with Hotaru. The fact she doesn't have romantic feelings for Takeda doesn't change that it is infidelity.
And if Hotaru just wanted to make Yuma jealous, she could date any other boy. She doesn't have to be with someone who is violent towards her and is a complete jerk.

joined Jan 16, 2016

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I fully understand what you are saying.
Yuma is cheating on Takeda with Hotaru. The fact she doesn't have romantic feelings for Takeda doesn't change that it is infidelity.
And if Hotaru just wanted to make Yuma jealous, she could date any other boy. She doesn't have to be with someone who is violent towards her and is a complete jerk.

About the cheating, yeah that's bad for Takeda. That happens when people go into a relationship just cause there was someone who confessed to them :/ (so before being clear about their feelings first)

About Hotaru:
I think the important thing is what she said this chapter, that for true love you're willing to suffer just so the one you love can be happy.
What I think:
I think she went into a relationship with [add insulting name here] ( :P ) because she knew he had many girlfriends and she just needed a "distraction" that Yuma doesn't see her real feeling and probably puts distance between the two of them. Just when Yuma actually got a boyfriend herself her true feelings just couldn't keep up the thought that she would actually loose her chance to have Yuma for herself.

That the whole turn-around with [add the name if this horrible jerk here x.x] that their pretty much fake relationship turned into a physical one, pretty much already started with a blackmailing. The chapter were they were skiing and Hotaru seemed to have slept with him.
There was this scene were "this guy" whispered something to Hotaru and her face went a bit to the surprised-side. I think now it makes alot more sense, this horrible person blackmailed Hotaru into sleeping with him, or he would have blown up the truth to Takeda.
While I think Hotaru doesn't care about Takeda, she wanted to protect Yuma and with the "suffer for the happiness of the one you truely love" she went into this mess.

So I think Hotaru just wanted to "do the right thing" to make Yuma happy, but at the same time she totally struggled with her true feelings for Yuma which just bursted out at some point and maybe she saw the tiny chance she probably had to make Yuma turn her way and that's why she didn't stop.

I don't think this idiotic-guy will get along with what he wants, but I kinda fear that Hotaru might try to do something stupid again to protect Yuma. So I just can hope Yuma finally understands all this and start protecting Hotaru... like with beating up the "deserves to be beaten up"-guy. x.x

last edited at Jan 16, 2016 1:09PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I support Yuma cheating on Takeda.

He's such a boring character, it's all he deserves.

joined Aug 6, 2015

What a lose-lose situation for any male in a yuri series on this site. Wow.

Be a decent human being with some faults. > "So boring. Everything bad that happens to him is deserved."
Be a total jerk. > "Wow, what a dick. I hope bad things happen to him because he deserves it."

Also... "Poor Yuma. I'll console you." > proceeds to make out/feel up Yuma.

No, you idiot. Yuma is in a place where she's actually about to think rationally about the situation. THIS is when you lay your cards on the table and leave her to put the pieces together, just like Takeda did. Use your words. You almost had it with your speech. Stop being vague. Be a decent human being for once in this entire series and be honest. It's no wonder Yuma keeps getting the wrong idea about your feelings. It's like you don't event want to progress. You're happy being miserable, and misery loves company.

last edited at Jan 16, 2016 4:35PM

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

I agree with waht Nezraddin has said about Hotaru character. She is struggling with her feelings for Yuma. If you go back to chapter 1 it tells us that Yuma is Hotaru only best friend and that she doesn't have any other friends. Thats why she says her feeling to Yuma in an indirect way beacause she doesn't want to get outright rejected by Yuma. If that happens their will be a rift between them and she will lose her only best friend.

People calling Hotaru a bitch need to understand that she is actually very vulnerable and a complex person. Hotaru stared dating in middle school and gets a reputation of being some what of a "slut" but I think she dated those guys to protect Yuma from getting hurt by them. In Hotaru's twisted logic she is repaying Yuma for protecting her when they were younger.

Of course the reason why Hotaru is still with Fujiwara(The piece of shit) is because he is blackmailing her on her feelings of Yuma. If he tells Yuma Hotaru secret that she is in love with Yuma, she is scared she will lose her best friend.

Yeah cheating is bad but we have to realise they are teenages in school. Teenages are easily ruled by their emotions. So lets cut them slack they doin't know what they want they are still young and have time to make mistakes in their lives.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

That evil B*tch~! He can't go with it~!

Why Hotaru! Can't you find a better boyfriend than that stupid fool~!

Personally, I think she's got her eye on a better girlfriend =.=

Plot twist - threesome happens, Yuma is into heavy BDSM.

Why MelonBun senpai whyyyy ;_;

"Hotaru likes Fujiwara in that way"... Is this a parody of itself now? The mangaka knows how silly it's getting right?

Antlers
joined Jan 16, 2016

I'll have to disagree. Being a boring person does not mean you deserve to be cheated on. It would make the cheater's reason understandable, but not excusable.
(In my personal view, the only excusable reason for cheating is if you were in an abusive relationship you couldn't get away from. It is clearly not the case here, as Yuma could very easily break up with Takeda instead of doing things behind his back.)

To Nezraddin : So, basically, Hotaru started dating [insert insult here] just for fun, but it became more serious mid-way, which resulted in her being unable to leave him? That would make a lot of sense.
I don't know if he blackmailed her into sex but there seems to be blackmailing involved, no matter what for.

I understand that Hotaru's situation is difficult , but just as Yuma being unfaithful, it explains her behavior but does not excuse it in my opinion. She may have the best of intentions and be trying to protect Yuma, she was still way too forceful. She kept pushing herself on Yuma no matter how many times Yuma interjected, which I think is inexcusable.
She definitely has some issues that she needs to work on, but I think it would be too unreasonable to dismiss what she did. Just because somebody has a tough past and difficulties doesn't mean they can do whatever they please.

last edited at Jan 16, 2016 2:52PM

joined Jan 16, 2016

To Cleowill:

I don't think that Hotaru meant the relationship to "this guy" serious at any point. (if I remember correct in one of the chapters she didn't even want to kiss him when he tried to kiss her). He was just a distraction for Yuma, like "Hey see I have a boyfriend, no reason for you to suspect me of being in love with you and getting disgusted and leave me".
That's at least what I think, that the whole boyfriend-thing was just one way for her to make Yuma not leave her. As twisted as this thought might be.

And not to be missunderstood: I havn't written what I did to totally exuse Hotaru's actions, some of them are quiet unfair towards Yuma and Takeda aswell. But I think it's just quiet more complex as what I have read here about Hotaru, that she just has fun messing around and such.
I think Hotaru simply did alot of wrong things in attempt to make the one person she cares about happy. But when Yuma suddenly got a boyfriend, she just noticed just how much she doesn't want let go of Yuma.

As yuzichan said: Hotaru was just so scared to get rejected and loosing the one person she cares about, that she simply messed up big time, with alot of wrong decisions. And these decisions haunt her now while she - probably for the first time - really tries to actually follow her real feelings. (which she does in not the best way, but probably the only way she can think about to make Yuma understand what she feels)

So while Hotaru looks always so smart and scheming, I think she is super-clumsy (and probably scared) when it comes to actually follow her heart.

Screenshot_7
joined Aug 22, 2014

No fuck. A threesome with that male shit isnt right, please dont. NO. DON'T. I promise I will broke the phone if this happens.
I hate guys, they're so unsensitive and stupid. LIKE THIS SHIT. MALE SHIT. FUCK HIM. HOTARU AND YUMA MUST STAY TOGETHER WITHOUT SHIT LIKE HIM.

What?

joined Jun 25, 2013

Whoa, so much dude hating.

While I agree that Fujiwara is an asshole, at least he's not concealing it. It's all out there. Hotaru knows.
And I'm pretty sure he's not blackmailing her. Hotaru isn't an innocent lamb. She does have problems, a lot of which stem from her being in love with Yuma and keeping it a secret (for fear of losing her as a friend, most likely).
Now she's being all grabby, maybe because she's reached her boiling point, or maybe she thinks Yuma's too innocent or too dumb to realize what the heck's going on.

As for the threesome thing, I'm not sure what he expects to happen. Everyone is being pretty terrible in this manga, besides Yuma's poor bf whose name I cannot recall at the moment.
Edit: Whoops, it's Takeda. Sorry, poor bf.

I'm looking forward to reading where the mangaka takes things next.

last edited at Jan 16, 2016 3:43PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

While I agree that Fujiwara is an asshole, at least he's not concealing it. It's all out there. Hotaru knows.
And I'm pretty sure he's not blackmailing her. Hotaru isn't an innocent lamb. She does have problems, a lot of which stem from her being in love with Yuma and keeping it a secret (for fear of losing her as a friend, most likely).
Now she's being all grabby, maybe because she's reached her boiling point, or maybe she thinks Yuma's too innocent or too dumb to realize what the heck's going on.

Are we reading the same manga? oO

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

read chapter 7
(Spoiler of chapter 7...just in case...)

I swear if this bastard have a threesome i will freak out!

Dropped.

Antlers
joined Jan 16, 2016

To Nezraddin:

Ooh, sorry, I misunderstood what you meant by "distraction".
It's a bit unclear as to when Hotaru began having feelings for Yuma. If she had feelings for her before dating [insert dude's name] then it would make sense, but it's also a possibility that her feelings developped after she committed to a relationship. I mean, I think, I may have missed some important detail.

And the part of my message about Hotaru was both directed at you and yuzichan, sorry. :P
As I said, I agree that Hotaru has it tough... But I still get the feeling that too many people excuse her behavior out of pity/sympathy/empathy.
I don't think she just wants to mess around for the hell of it. But even if she has her reasons, the things she does are... so, so wrong.

Antlers
joined Jan 16, 2016

As for the threesome thing, I'm not sure what he expects to happen. Everyone is being pretty terrible in this manga, besides Yuma's poor bf whose name I cannot recall at the moment.
Edit: Whoops, it's Takeda. Sorry, poor bf.

I feel the same way, Takeda seems to be the only decent character so far.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I like manipulative characters. So I thoroughly like Hotaru. She's the MVP of this manga.

And by cheating on Takeda, Yuma gains some depth.

Fujiwara at least shows some personality.

Takeda is an endive.

Antlers
joined Jan 16, 2016

I like manipulative characters. So I thoroughly like Hotaru. She's the MVP of this manga.

And by cheating on Takeda, Yuma gains some depth.

Fujiwara at least shows some personality.

Takeda is an endive.

I'm not too fond of the stereotypically nice character, but it's a bit of a stretch to say they deserve the crap happening to them.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I'm going to calmly wait for the next chapter, while assuming the author would not create a character stupid enough to cheat on her boyfriend AND girlfriend in order to keep that he cheated on her boyfriend a secret. Who knows, maybe even Fujiwara will turn up to be a nice guy protecting Taked a or something, and I won't have to blacklist the author of this manga for all eternity.

Also, after the way Takeda took all the blame upon himself for the rough patch he's going through with Yuma, he's starting to look like some sort of saint by comparison with the rest of the cast.

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

They are not going to have threesome neither girls will allow that. As Hotaru is in love with Yuma why would she give Yuma away to another guy. Basically, this story stems from the lack of understanding of each other feelings and their own feelings. Especially, Yuma who doesn't understand that she is in love with Hotaru. This is clearly seen in chapter 1/2 where Yuma kissed both Hotaru and Takeda. But in the end all she could think about was the kiss that her and Hotaru had shared.

Hotaru's problem is her fear of rejection. She has to grow some balls and admit her feelings to Yuma but timing is key as Yuma still in the denial stage of her sexuality and feelings.

For me Takeda is the most mature out of all them in terms of emotional feelings. He knows that something is up with Yuma and breaking up with her was the best move. I don't hate Takeda its just his in a yuri manga. As a fan of yuri we are emotionally scared by guys getting in the middle of our yuri. (Cough Hibikie euphonium Cough*). I do want Takeda to move on and find a nice girl who will appreciate him just not Yuma. His the one with the least amount of flaws but then it just makes him a generic shounen/harem character.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Ooh, sorry, I misunderstood what you meant by "distraction".
It's a bit unclear as to when Hotaru began having feelings for Yuma. If she had feelings for her before dating [insert dude's name] then it would make sense, but it's also a possibility that her feelings developped after she committed to a relationship. I mean, I think, I may have missed some important detail.

I thought the while bit with the flashbacks to Yuma protecting Hotaru from bullies meant that the latter started liking the former since then. Also, I seem to remember Yuma mentioning Hotaru dating a lot of guys once they moved into high school or something, and the way it was done, I took it to mean she putting on a how for Yuma or something. (It was just Soap Opera chance that she happened to be on the abusive douche come Yuma getting her own.) So, her feelings developing later would be quite the dissonance from what I expect of her by now :/

I'm going to calmly wait for the next chapter, while assuming the author would not create a character stupid enough to cheat on her boyfriend AND girlfriend in order to keep that he cheated on her boyfriend a secret. Who knows, maybe even Fujiwara will turn up to be a nice guy protecting Takeda or something, and I won't have to blacklist the author of this manga for all eternity.

Also, after the way Takeda took all the blame upon himself for the rough patch he's going through with Yuma, he's starting to look like some sort of saint by comparison with the rest of the cast.

If Fujiwara is retconned into a nice guy, I feel you've got more reason to blacklist than the alternative. That would be stupid. And I got a similar feeling from Takeda, but not in a good way. It's seems like some forced martyrdom over a high school relationship, he seems a lil melodramatic to me.

Uhm okaaay... That guy's recommending a THREESOME now?!?!? O_O can i say FAREWELL to this now?!?

Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

Um. No.

To reply you must either login or sign up.