Forum › Manga no Tsukurikata discussion

Petit_yuri-hime_2010_cover
joined May 27, 2013

I like the art, but the relationship is unrealistically slow. I think 2 years have passed in story time and morishita hasn't even been kissed yet.

i agree, it's really weird, they are going out for more than 2 years but never kissed.

Icon
joined Jun 1, 2013

Is it just me, or did this manga go from slice of life to slice of total mind screw? D: the story's losing more sense as time goes by. I'm close to giving up on reading this, but I'm still a little hopeful that the plot gets back on track after a couple more chapters

Elysion___ark_by_vanichan-d4rxpu72
joined May 10, 2013

Is it just me, or did this manga go from slice of life to slice of total mind screw? D: the story's losing more sense as time goes by. I'm close to giving up on reading this, but I'm still a little hopeful that the plot gets back on track after a couple more chapters

I must agree, don't know if it's a translation problem, which, doesn't seems to be the case. Or if the manga is just going mindbending crazy...
I have no idea what's happening on chapter 39 and 40...

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

Thank God I'm not the only one. I tried really hard to make sense of it but that doesn't even seem possible.

Slime
joined Aug 19, 2013

It's gotta be said... The translation starting at chapter 39 and going into chapter 40 is freaking terrible. This isn't about mind-screwing or anything like that. It's obvious that the translator doesn't know how to speak English properly. And whoever is supposed to be editing it for quality control (as most great scanlations are done) has no idea what he/she is doing. What's worse, there's no effort to localize the content. We are getting a literal word-for-word translation from Japanese to English. For those who work for a living doing localization, this is NOT how translations are supposed to be done.

This is a real shame because I really enjoyed this series. The fact that I can't read it and understand what's going on is killing me! I'm hoping that another group decides to pick this up and fix these chapters as well as continue the series.

Tumblr_m6qk60jppk1r95frro1_500
joined May 28, 2013

I don't know what happened in chapter 40 at all.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Yeah honestly, I'm glad this is being translated again, but the quality of the translation is preeeeetty bad.

joined Oct 11, 2010

Yeah honestly, I'm glad this is being translated again, but the quality of the translation is preeeeetty bad.

agreed but I'll take what I can get, I love this manga.

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Sob I was SOOO excited when I saw the update....but sadly I was disappointed. I have no idea what's happening in this chapter.

last edited at Aug 19, 2013 10:39PM

joined May 31, 2013

Sob I was SOOO excited when I saw the update....but sadly I was disappointed. I have no idea what's happening in this chapter.

I have no idea whats happening in this manga.

joined Oct 11, 2010

I think I know but I could be be wrong.... Meaning certain someone dinking around to somehow get from under a certain editor's thumb....

last edited at Aug 19, 2013 11:31PM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

TERRIBLE TRANSLATION IS TERRIBLE.
I hope another group picks it up.

Muffincakefate
Sora__avatar_100x100
joined Jun 23, 2013

If you think the translation is so bad, email me at muffincakefate@gmail.com and I will give you the raws so you can retranslate them.

I personally asked the leader of this group if we could continue Manga no Tsukurikata because I liked this manga and was really disappointed that it was dropped. She was kind enough to agree to take on this project. I am sorry if you did not like the manga chapters that were recently released. You can drop this manga if you want to. I am also frustrated that the plot doesn't seem to be moving at all, but do not blame us for that. The last chapter released, chapter 38, was also a filler chapter. The group is just following the raws that we got and are trying to make this manga available for people who cannot read Japanese.

Slime
joined Aug 19, 2013

Hey, don't blame us for thinking that the translation is bad. I'm always grateful for the work people do (FOR FREE) to make manga available to us. But what good does it do for any of us if the translation is illegible? I mean, I want to find out what happens in this manga too. Does the person who does the actual translation speak English as a primary language? That would explain the weird use of English and the literal Japanese-to-English translations.

Anyway, I'd be happy to email you for the raws... But I don't know of any yuri translation groups who would take on this project. Maybe I can help out... If I can talk directly with the translator and figure out what's being said (so I can come up with the proper English localization). Would you or they be interested in my help? Let me know here and I'll email you.

Also, it's not your fault that the chapters are slow and that after two years the ladies aren't getting physical yet. ;) I guess I'm patient about that sort of thing, provided that there's enough conflict that leads to an eventual resolution where the two girls end up together.

Katomixharu%20-%20cross%20heart
joined Jul 3, 2013

I'm always grateful for the scanlation teams bringing us new material to read.

I think the main frustrating thing here is, no progression. It's almost like their relationship is going backward instead of forward. That alone is frustrating. Then these new scanlations come out that are a little confusing to read, and it just irritates people more because they want something to happen, nothing is, and on top of that it's a little confusing...

One person above said terrible translation is terrible... but uh... I can't read Japanese at all... and I like this series, so any translation where I at least get some idea of what is going on is very appreciated. Would I like it to be better than it is? Well of course... but I appreciate the work the team did regardless.

joined Aug 8, 2013

Longest yuri manga without actual yuri in it. Better translation and editing wouldn't improve that unfortunately.

Icon
joined Jun 1, 2013

If you think the translation is so bad, email me at muffincakefate@gmail.com and I will give you the raws so you can retranslate them.

I personally asked the leader of this group if we could continue Manga no Tsukurikata because I liked this manga and was really disappointed that it was dropped. She was kind enough to agree to take on this project. I am sorry if you did not like the manga chapters that were recently released. You can drop this manga if you want to. I am also frustrated that the plot doesn't seem to be moving at all, but do not blame us for that. The last chapter released, chapter 38, was also a filler chapter. The group is just following the raws that we got and are trying to make this manga available for people who cannot read Japanese.

I figured it was the story that went all over the place, the frames themselves are ridiculous
(Morishita's bleeding hand and Takeda putting a cat ear headband on her in chapter 39 for example, wouldn't make sense at all no matter the dialogue)

I don't think it's a translation error, rather, an effort by the mangaka to keep things entertaining by changing her story telling style (probably in fear of having the story stagnate)

Thank you for picking this series up! and I hope you continue your fine work!

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

It's good to see this story getting an update. I recall liking it, but I have no idea what's going on in this chapter. I mean the beginning made enough sense and I got that the black haired girl glued the pen to the blondes hand, but almost nothing else about the phone conversation or the bleeding seemed coherent. I don't suppose anyone else could explain what's going on?

Agreed. I had no idea what was going on with Takeda and Morishita. And then Kawaguchi was a like: "oh, they're havin' fun, eh?" and I got even more confused. There are parts of this manga that is incoherent, but mostly, it's pretty fun.

I want to see cute stuff with Morishita and Kawaguchi. I want to see Morishita hanging on Kawaguchi, and Kawaguchi slowly realizing her feelings for Morishita. I DON'T WANT to see that creepy little asshole Takeda.

Now now, let's not be too hateful.
Takeda is... interesting.

Is it me or is the only verb describing the mangas in this manga the verb, "interesting"?
Even though it's slow, it's still fun to read. I like Kawaguchi and her "deres" haha. Sometimes it gets a little bit sluggish, but when there are moments between Kawaguchi and Morishita, it makes the past 5 chapters all worth it. :D

Is chapter 46 the last one? It had "Afterword" right after it. http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/manga_no_tsukurikata_ch39#3

last edited at Aug 25, 2013 5:31PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Is chapter 46 the last one? It had "Afterword" right after it.

It's the end of volume 6. Typically, each tankobon release has an afterword and maybe a few extras. Volume 7 was released a few weeks ago, I think (dunno if that's the end or not).

joined Oct 11, 2010

That was a good chapter, thanks!

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

I'm confused....what just happened

joined Oct 11, 2010

I'm confused....what just happened

Childishness is happening, hopefully leading to jealousy and even more childishness.

Slime
joined Aug 19, 2013

Seriously, Google Translate can do a better job than this...

I offered to QC/edit your translation but I've received no answer to that.

So I'm asking again, LET ME FIX THIS FOR YOU. PLEASE.

last edited at Aug 31, 2013 2:25AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Lemon Tea Scans is the group that offers the translation for this. I can say with relative assurance that they don't check this forum much. Feel free to get in touch with them through their site though (forum, preferably?): http://lemonteascans.wordpress.com/

Oh_stop_it_you
joined May 24, 2012

You continuously insult the translator who took time to translate this manga, the translation might not be the most amazing translation in the world, but the translation is in fact readable, in my eyes, and it's correct. How do i know its correct, I had it run by some reliable, experience translators and japanese speakers because of the ruckus you have cause. Please if you dont like the translator work then by all means, stop reading our releases, im tired of seeing your negativity. Your way too rude for me to let you "help" on this or any mangas that my group releases & im pretty sure if the translator of lemon tea scans see your insulting slanders (if she havent came across it already, which I really hope she havent) she wouldnt want your help. Have a good day/night.

To reply you must either login or sign up.