Forum › Swap ⇔ Swap discussion

Girl%20friends-av
joined Jul 13, 2015

Until we get some sort of confirmation either way, every chapter I'm gonna be unable to do anything other than try to figure out if this is gonna wind up romantic or not (even though it probably won't).

It won't.
There, saved you some trouble.
Or rather, it could happen...on the very last chapter, that will come out sometime on the next five years, probably.

You people need to realize how 4koma works already.

There are counterexamples of what you say, like Poor Poor Lips.
Very good 4-koma manga mixing humor and romance.

Anyway, there is things that bugs me in that chapter, well I'm curious about that girl who saw through Ichinose. But what's really buging me is: who is the glass-girl at the beginning?
I mean, she has the eyes of Ichinose, but that's all.

It's not a random drawing, is it not?

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Until we get some sort of confirmation either way, every chapter I'm gonna be unable to do anything other than try to figure out if this is gonna wind up romantic or not (even though it probably won't).

It won't.
There, saved you some trouble.
Or rather, it could happen...on the very last chapter, that will come out sometime on the next five years, probably.

You people need to realize how 4koma works already.

There are counterexamples of what you say, like Poor Poor Lips.
Very good 4-koma manga mixing humor and romance.

Anyway, there is things that bugs me in that chapter, well I'm curious about that girl who saw through Ichinose. But what's really buging me is: who is the glass-girl at the beginning?
I mean, she has the eyes of Ichinose, but that's all.

It's not a random drawing, is it not?

Well, yeah, but that manga wasn't a MTK title. Also, it had hints of romance since the beggining.
4koma, gag manga, MTK title, short chapters maintaining status quo. If this becomes romance, I'll be really surprised.

Haha her reputation as a PERVY lez is gonna be spread further if she allows liveless-eyes in her daily live areas! >~<

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Dunno why some people says that the swapping power is lessening. I mean, that's not exactly something that have a lenght or intensity like the time-stopping from flag-time. It's obvious Haruko was in Natsuko's body, swapping bodies is pretty much do or don't in that regard.

I suspect that that girl just sucks at recognizing faces and identified her by her lifeless gaze. XD

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

About how Akiho knew it was Ichinose in Natsuko body, Chapter 9 is named Aki ⇔ Fuyu, so maybe Akiho swaps too and that's why she knew?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Chantelune posted:

I suspect that that girl just sucks at recognizing faces and identified her by her lifeless gaze. XD

That would be actually pretty funny xD

I rather suspect she noticed and/or realized because she can already/will be next person to swap bodies. We have chapter named Aki ⇔ Fuyu, so there might be next swapping pair with Akiho as one side.

last edited at Dec 30, 2015 5:19PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

bighandxyz posted:

In the latest chapter one of them kiss the other twice when one is asleep. That's prob as heavy subtext this series will get unless full blown relationship.

Also there is going to be another "pair" of swappers coming up soon, and they seems less ambiguous about it

Spoiler? Mark it damn it...

last edited at Dec 30, 2015 5:30PM

joined Aug 19, 2012

bighandxyz posted:

In the latest chapter one of them kiss the other twice when one is asleep. That's prob as heavy subtext this series will get unless full blown relationship.

Also there is going to be another "pair" of swappers coming up soon, and they seems less ambiguous about it

Spoiler? Mark it damn it...

Don't know how but I deleted it.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

bighandxyz posted:

Don't know how but I deleted it.

here all you need to know.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

YuriLoveFan posted:

Or you can just enjoy comedy. Just a idea.

That would mean to be reasonable.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Fipse posted:

YuriLoveFan posted:

Part of the yuri fans are massive drama queens who go hysterical at the first sight of a male, can't expect them to be reasonable.

last edited at Dec 30, 2015 5:55PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I think with their first kiss Haruko realized she likes girls, but isnt mentally even thinking about it, let along agonizing over it. She's a space alien type, and probably super-smart, and she just doesn't care. She then felt free to drool over every girl with a hot bod she sees. That said, she also has tender feelings, obviously, for Natsuko. It's much harder to read Natsuko. Maybe she thinks "Fate tied us together, so we should be special to each other." I think the kissing is okay as long as Haruko doesn't say out loud "Hey I am probably a lesbian and every kiss is a thrill for me," it'll be okay, but I wonder how she'd feel if that did happen.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Thiaguinho-sama posted:

Fipse posted:

YuriLoveFan posted:

Part of the yuri fans are massive drama queens who go hysterical at the first sight of a male, can't expect them to be reasonable.

Because they... WE have traumas
Still, yeah... is comedy so no point in getting obsessed

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Justice for yuri fans: long, long ago, they were paranoid that the lesbians would die. In the era after that it was the very end would be ah ha ha now I can leave you and get married! 'kay, bye.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

The guess about Akiho knowing more than she's letting on is interesting
They're in the same class, she probably knows the both of them

Losing their potency would most likely be in the form of kissing not resulting in swapping at all, or maybe all the time.
It's not like it's an illusion, that losing its efficiency would result in people seeing through them.
Think of it as one's mind being in the other's body. Visually only, you can't recognise whose mind is in whose body.

i completely understand the concept of mind swaps and thought about how and why over kissing would/could affect their swapping ability, but one page in particular caught my attention. something about when Ichonose is in Natsuko's body made me think that her breast size was smaller. maybe it's how she carries herself or maybe it's a fluke and i'm not paying enough attention, but that's why i added the possibility that the swaps were becoming less potent as an option.

Body swapping/mind swapping is the same thing, I just wanted to describe it otherwise like you know, trading the physical, the person being more defined by their psychological existence, their conscience and whatnot.

I think you're overthinking it. The author always drew their boobs that way, check the first chapter. In the bath, Haruko isn't really flat, and with clothes, all the girls with big breasts arent depicted with full blown big ass breasts either.

Cus or else it'd be a terrible mess, if body swapping became only swapping the main traits, certain features being kept. I don't like to think about it, seems too fucked up, like they swap and Haruko's like, blonde or something, and becomes a B cup.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Fipse posted:

YuriLoveFan posted:

I get that there's queerbaiting, but not in this manga.
The author's a lady who enjoys her yaoi lol, I'm not sure what brought her to start writing yuri for a change, but I think she would understand the appeal of pure yuri, cus she probably feels us you know, it's probs the same feel if her yaoi ships got REKTED.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Marion Diabolito posted:

I think with their first kiss Haruko realized she likes girls, but isnt mentally even thinking about it, let along agonizing over it.

I think she always was lesbian. She wanted big breasts because she loved them so she wanted to be able to fondle them whenever she wants. So at some point she just turned it into fetish without realizing it. She acts gay without thinking about it, because to her it is just natural thing to do. She doesn't need to call herself a lesbian, to act like a lesbian.

She isn't like typical lesbian character, that openly stats she is a lesbian, she likes girls and is touchy feely with 1 or few girls and her being a lesbian is her gimmick. Haruko acts genuine that is why it is really hard for me to cast her off, as just straight character acting gay.

last edited at Dec 31, 2015 4:30AM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Thiaguinho-sama posted:

Fipse posted:

YuriLoveFan posted:

Everyone has traumas. Het fans also hate a lot of manga that had a turn that they didn't like. Like NTR, or their favorite couple not getting together.
Hell, /a/ even has a "rage thread" everytime I go there that's just about posting manga pages that made them rage.

They don't think every manga will make the same mistakes, though. And here we have nowadays more yuri mangas doing right than things like Happy End. The fact you can pick one serie to show it so fast is because of how few of them are.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Faust posted:

I get that there's queerbaiting, but not in this manga.
The author's a lady who enjoys her yaoi lol, I'm not sure what brought her to start writing yuri for a change, but I think she would understand the appeal of pure yuri, cus she probably feels us you know, it's probs the same feel if her yaoi ships got REKTED.

Only problem is that publishers might not let she do it, but I believe she will go yuri if she can since she did those trap mangas, Swap is too much gay even for Kirara standards and they published some yuri before, so I think our hopes are not unfounded, but people also need to learn to enjoy it for what it is, not only for the possible yuri that might not happen.

I think part of the problem for more people whining lately is not because of things like Happy end, which is not even that good to be considered cause of trauma, but because a lot got really invested in series like Hibike Euphonium and Stretch, series that were never meant to be yuri and never promised it, so when the yuri never happened they got butthurt.

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

Chapter 8 is out. Fuuuh! Same "plot" as chapter 7 : with guy but at the bookstore. In the end, that guy saw them kissing. His final quote is " Give my regards to your girlfriend" to Haruko. BTW, hey, hey,hey, wait a minute ! I know that puns names : Haruko, Natsuko, Akiko (new character in ch.8), and Fuyuko (that short hair, in future chapter, pairing with Akiko). They're four seasons in Japan.

EDIT : Akiko, should be Akiho (you're right) and Fuyuko, should be Fuyumi. My mistakes.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

I don't care. There were some different works that didn't end well? That sucks and all, but that doesn't mean all works are like that. It is completely different one. Treat it as such. There is difference between not getting your hopes high and being downright cynical. And if you want to, be my guest I guess, but don't try to force your opinions on other people that disagree with it. That is basically this thread in nutshell.

I said it before and I say it again. I know that is just yonkoma comedy and by definition it won't go too serious. So I'm enjoying it for what it is while hoping that at least Haruka x Natsuko become canon couple by the end. Nothing more, nothing less. So please, stop trying to enlighten me how wrong I am and pushing your opinion on me (and other people who share that view).

EDIT/ Just in case, I was writing in general, not just to Serenata. I tried to make it clear, but well, blame english for not having plural "you". BTW. I read Yuri for a long time and somehow I don't suffer from any traumas.

last edited at Dec 30, 2015 7:03PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Pardon me?... How am I forcing my opinion on you by replying what Thiaguhino said? What I meant to say with that was "We are sensitive because past experiences makes us worry" and that this is a manga for comedy so we shouldn't get obssesed, you should take that as suggestion at the most.

But still, I'll make myself clear I'm just saying what I want to say, I'm not telling others what to do and I believe that I never did that.

Edit: Now that I've read your edition yeah, I understand... We should just relax and enjoy

last edited at Dec 30, 2015 7:05PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nez Note

How 'bout we all just cut this out for a bit and try to pretend we don't hate each other for a few days? Sound good?

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

I know this is kinda off-topic. The 1st manga I'd ever read with these puns names was Zaou Taishi and Eiki Eiki's but with the different names. Both Akiho and Fuyuka were "normal" except Akiho's breasts groped by Haruka and Fuyuka pursued by Natsuki but Fuyuka was so aggresive when it come to bed which she dominated Natsuki twice ( I think).
For me, Swap<=>Swap is the 2nd. Haruko and Natsuko kissed accidentally but it will different with Akiho and Fuyumi. If they are swappers, I want to know the reason why since (honestly) I don't read the entire raw chapters but i got a few raw images including these four in panel.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

morter, they have to learn it, painstakingly. Thiron, I share your pain, that would have been a Freudian slip of epic proportions.
morter, what is your image from?

I'm sure speaking it is something you have to train with, but I was wondering if it was written any differently.

Also, my avatar comes from New Game. I've been thinking about that panel for WEEKS for no good reason.

To reply you must either login or sign up.