Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V3

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Let's celebrate his return by uploading a bunch of delicious Mami x Sayaka and Kyōko x Madoka stuff.

Homura x Sayaka, there's even a translated doujin of them not uploaded because he would start to spam again, maybe now it's time to upload as he's here anyway.

Homura x Sayaka is fine too. We should also get more Everyone x Mami, Mami-san really deserves more lovin'.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Transistor Teaset
scanlator fixed ch 13, there were some minor errors
http://www.mediafire.com/download/70vm1i8009zbb34/%5BHikikomori+Honyaku%5D+Transistor+Teaset+13.rar

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

When quoting someone, it would be nice if it showed who I was quoting, as is usual in most forums.

Something like this:

EvilDevil wrote:

Transistor Teaset
http://www.mediafire.com/download/70vm1i8009zbb34/%5BHikikomori+Honyaku%5D+Transistor+Teaset+13.rar

last edited at Nov 19, 2015 6:59AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

DrMario

When quoting someone, it would be nice if it showed who I was quoting, as is usual in most forums.

Something like this:

EvilDevil wrote:

Transistor Teaset

That is the best you can get

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

DrMario

Something like this:

EvilDevil wrote:

Transistor Teaset

That is the best you can get

That's nice. But the quoting thing in that script will not change anyone else's quotes, only mine, right? In that case its usefulness is pretty limited. It's unreasonable to expect every user to download a userscript. If you want to make quotes and nested quotes more readable you'd need to change the forum logic for everyone.

last edited at Nov 19, 2015 11:29AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

DrMario

That's nice. But the quoting thing in that script will not change anyone else's quotes, only mine, right?

Yup

It's unreasonable to expect every user to download a userscript. If you want to make quotes and nested quotes more readable you'd need to change the forum logic for everyone.

True. It was just fanmade by Alice Cheshire because of the same issue you have.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

DrMario

It's unreasonable to expect every user to download a userscript.

I think Nevri is actually the only person other than myself who uses it anyways, lol.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I use that script too, but lately I'm using Dynasty in my phone so I can't always quote using it, or there's a way to use in smartphone too?

last edited at Nov 19, 2015 1:35PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Thiaguinho-sama

I use that script too, but lately I'm using Dynasty in my phone so I can't always quote using it, or there's a way to use in smartphone too?

Unless you can install a Tampermonkey/Greasemonkey extension for your phone's browser or otherwise run custom javascript on a page it isn't. Smartphone browser extensions isn't something I've actually looked into at all though.

Edit:
Tampermonkey for Android (though the description makes this sound like a standalone browser rather than addon?)
Greasmonkey for Firefox on Android
Looks like at the very least it is actually possible on Firefox for Android. If you use Chrome though you'll have to check out the Tampermonkey one.

last edited at Nov 19, 2015 1:48PM

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Well, I forgot to mention but it uses Windows instead of Android or iOS, so I guess you could say it's less than a smartphone and more like a smartstone, it was a gift and no money to buy one that is Android so I didn't had much choice but to use it...

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Thiaguinho-sama

Well, I forgot to mention but it uses Windows instead of Android or iOS, so I guess you could say it's less than a smartphone and more like a smartstone, it was a gift and no money to buy one that is Android so I didn't had much choice but to use it...

Oh, alright. I can say even less there then. My stepdad has a Windows phone but I've literally never used it, lol. I don't think there's Chrome or Firefox apps for it though since, as far as I know, neither group have bothered with apps for the Windows store since it severely limits what apps can do meaning they'll always be inferior to the default web browser.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Alice

DrMario

It's unreasonable to expect every user to download a userscript.

I think Nevri is actually the only person other than myself who uses it anyways, lol.

I keep thinking I'll use it, but since I'm always slow/reluctant to install extensions, I haven't got around to checking it out yet.

joined Jul 31, 2013

I was about to make a request, but then I noticed the Resize and Fullscreen buttons that fixed my issue. Also, the desktop version of the website is now working on my phone. I don't know if you changed anything to make that happen or if it's on my end, but that's very nice too now. So, thank you!

last edited at Nov 21, 2015 1:29AM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Apologies if this was mentioned earlier, but would it be possible to implement some sort of "Upload Request Status" checker similar to the "Suggestions Status"?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Apologies if this was mentioned earlier, but would it be possible to implement some sort of "Upload Request Status" checker similar to the "Suggestions Status"?

Unfortunately not. Upload requests are handled off-site and as such, there's no easy way to implement a similar system. If you'd like to know the status of a suggestion you've made, you can always e-mail me, or stop by irc and ask us there.

joined Mar 25, 2013

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/raising_your_majhong_skills_with_the_power_of_yuri

The name is wrong. Should be 'Mahjong' instead of 'Majhong'

last edited at Nov 26, 2015 9:39PM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011
67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_lapis_lazuli_blue_dream_side_a
Should have a next chapter to http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_lapis_lazuli_blue_dream

Either that or they should be combined because finding side a (the first part) is hard.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

The Curious Pair by Naoya Ishikawa has a minor error in pg 5, it was fixed
http://gumiislife.wix.com/hikikomorihonyaku#!kuttsukiboshi-doujins/e2hef

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

I implemented categories for the forums, so it is easier to go back and read topics not about chapter discussions. You can filter which category you view with the dropdown next to Post a New Topic, and when you create/edit a topic you can set the category for it.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I implemented categories for the forums, so it is easier to go back and read topics not about chapter discussions. You can filter which category you view with the dropdown next to Post a New Topic, and when you create/edit a topic you can set the category for it.

Cool! I moved the anime thread to the Anime/Manga section but I can't move the manga thread because I don't have the rights. Not sure where the music thread could fit in...other media?

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Homura Subaru's Magical Nipple Kiss needs put into a grouping. There's already four chapters in the series already.

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

Currently the front page orders releases in the order of the date of the upload request (I think), not the actual publishing date on Dynasty. That's no good. When I visit dynasty scans I want to scan the new releases until I hit something I've seen before. But since they are not in the correct order, new releases can often pop up behind ones I've already seen, sometimes even on page 2! That's a disservice to both the readers and the scanlators.
Yes, I know that there is also a "recently added" tab. But that's no good either.
1) It's inferior because it only lists a couple of releases and doesn't show the covers.
2) Most casual readers don't know about the peculiarities of dynasty's ordering and frankly they shouldn't have to.
3) It's simply redundant. If the releases in the main window were ordered properly in the first place there would be no need for that.

Discuss.

last edited at Dec 24, 2015 11:13PM

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I like that in the front page we can see the covers and in recently added we can see just a list of names, I think only two things need to be done:

1. Make the front page show the mangas in the upload order, I never use the front page because they appear by release date and that's pretty problematic as some uploads are made days after the release;

2. Make recently added list bigger, like, show the last 50 uploads made, maybe 100.

I don't see reason to not have both lists, just need to make them a little different.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

L-Sized Little Sister Ch06

minor error pg 11, fixed http://gumiislife.wix.com/hikikomorihonyaku#!l-sized-little-sister/qkn9d

To reply you must either login or sign up.