Forum › Light Night Serenade discussion

joined Feb 15, 2013

Didn't realise that we have an official manga for Hibike here. Thought it was just a fan dj for some seconds... Phew....

But yeah. I am one of the biggest Reina x Kumiko fan. But admittedly the character was a bit OOC

last edited at Dec 15, 2015 5:45PM

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

As for myself, I found it interesting for Reina to be acting out of character. I know her personality and was aware that she would not do the stuff she did in this doujinshi, but it is still fun to imagine what could have happened. That's one of the fun things about doujinshi in general for me.

Legit; and, obviously, everyone has their own preferences. Personally, I can't immerse myself into something that doesn't have the foundation of the characters being who they are (call it my pride as a fanfic writer of these two) -- staying in that box and writing/drawing the things you hope for, is what's fun, in my opinion. Actually. Hm... perhaps it's less that Reina was OOC (to me), and more that there was no explanation for it.

Yes ^ I am with you, I think seeing seeing Reina act ooc is what it is. Like I'm into nsfw doujinshi's, but idk just their dialogue and Reina specifically.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Huh, makes me curious to watch the anime...the comments, sounds like a fun "ship" show ^_^

Ds_icon%202_mini
joined Dec 15, 2015

Yes ^ I am with you, I think seeing seeing Reina act ooc is what it is. Like I'm into nsfw doujinshi's, but idk just their dialogue and Reina specifically.

And I with you! Couldn't leave you hanging by yourself -- you made me think I wasn't crazy! To its credit, I wouldn't have been so disappointed if this doujin didn't have mucho potential. What's interesting is Kumiko's character is fairly on point (no complaints on her, that I've seen); I suppose she's the 'easier' of the two to portray?--though, I hate saying it since she has wonderful depth, as well. Same, with 'nsfw factor': I'm all for Reina taking Kumiko up all the mountains and making out--and more--just not without proper groundwork; the characters being who they are.

Ds_icon%202_mini
joined Dec 15, 2015

Huh, makes me curious to watch the anime...the comments, sounds like a fun "ship" show ^_^

DO. EET.
HURRY.

Aki
joined May 22, 2014

YES!!! GAY REINA IS BEST REINA!!! WHO CARES FOR THE OTHER IDIOTS?! KUMIKO AND REINA JUS NEED TO BE TOGETHER!
So.
Why.
The.
Fuck.
Is.
This.
Fucking.
Gay.
Teacher.
Who.
Sparkles.
Like.
A.
Damn.
Unicorn.
One.
Of.
Reina's.
Love.
Interests.

LIKE, What the fuck guuurrl? Can't choose between a geek or a hippie???
You suck hard.
Really.
I Love you with all of my heart but you're talking nonsense Reina.
Ugh, though i liked this doujin it still hurts really.Whenever she's talking about her damn teacher.Ugh.And these yuri-teases can lick my GG.It's sooouuu annoying.
Like, yo want to ship 'em, and you do, and some episodes later your heart is being broken, BECAUSE SOME BOY APPEARS SUDDENLY LIKE A FUCKING POKEMON.
And then, then one of the girls is suddenly IN LOVE WITH FRICKIN TEACHER AAAANNNND YURI-GAY-FRIEND KUMISHIT.
ಠ▃ಠ

Quit it, were soon in 2k16, can't we have an Anime with GOOD plot, REAL yuri, AND REAL FUCKING RELATIONSHIPS?!!? NOT TEASES, DAMMIT! I'D PAY MILLIONS OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IF THAT WOULD HAPPEN! EVEN THOUGH THAT IS UNREALISTIC! BUT ITS TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEE.

gasp

Okay luv this doudou cookies are nice bye uhgnh

Hahahaha totally agree with you, they must stop with the yuri baits in anime... Or mangas ¬_¬ and hell yeah Reina and Kumiko need to be together!! lml º n º lml

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Didn't realise that we have an official manga for Hibike here. Thought it was just a fan dj for some seconds... Phew....

But yeah. I am one of the biggest Reina x Kumiko fan. But admittedly the character was a bit OOC

It IS a fan doujin

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

so she's two timing eh ? thats not nice reina, just choose kumiko and be done with it

Her feelings for Taki in the anime adaptation are much more hard to understand. She definitely seems to have heavy admiration for him as a musician and he does know her from the past. (Not saying I don't agree that she should just let her heart fill with enough Kumiko to drive Taki out.

My theory is pretty simple about her feeling for Taki
Is a forced Crush, with the only reason is be a distrator to proof that this girls don't had romantic feeling for each other
People who watch first season of Pretty Cure can undertand well

last edited at Dec 17, 2015 6:37AM

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Can't fucking wait for the second season haha

Smallpred
joined Jun 29, 2015

I want a sequel that details the S&M adventures of Kumiko and Reina.

yes please

1-1%20-%20copy
joined Feb 3, 2013

WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

YES!!! GAY REINA IS BEST REINA!!! WHO CARES FOR THE OTHER IDIOTS?! KUMIKO AND REINA JUS NEED TO BE TOGETHER!
So.
Why.
The.
Fuck.
Is.
This.
Fucking.
Gay.
Teacher.
Who.
Sparkles.
Like.
A.
Damn.
Unicorn.
One.
Of.
Reina's.
Love.
Interests.

You suck hard.
Really.
Ugh, though i liked this doujin it still hurts really.Whenever she's talking about her damn teacher.Ugh.And these yuri-teases can lick my GG.It's sooouuu annoying.
Like, yo want to ship 'em, and you do, and some episodes later your heart is being broken, BECAUSE SOME BOY APPEARS SUDDENLY LIKE A FUCKING POKEMON.
And then, then one of the girls is suddenly IN LOVE WITH FRICKIN TEACHER AAAANNNND YURI-GAY-FRIEND KUMISHIT.
ಠ▃ಠ

Quit it, were soon in 2k16, can't we have an Anime with GOOD plot, REAL yuri, AND REAL FUCKING RELATIONSHIPS?!!? NOT TEASES, DAMMIT! I'D PAY MILLIONS OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IF THAT WOULD HAPPEN! EVEN THOUGH THAT IS UNREALISTIC! BUT ITS TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEE.

gasp

Hahahaha totally agree with you, they must stop with the yuri baits in anime... Or mangas ¬_¬ and hell yeah Reina and Kumiko need to be together!! lml º n º lml

I agree with everyone of you. :D
I hate the Subtext in the anime, I want to see REAL YURI!! Q.Q
But Subtext is better than nothing. q.q

joined Jul 16, 2015

I am glad to see more stuff with these two, and the art was good.

But I feel this was not well written at all :/

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

So.
Why.
The.
Fuck.
Is.
This.
Fucking.
Gay.
Teacher.
Who.
Sparkles.
Like.
A.
Damn.
Unicorn.
One.
Of.
Reina's.
Love.
Interests.

You suck hard.
Really.
ಠ▃ಠ

gasp

I agree with everyone of you. :D
I hate the Subtext in the anime, I want to see REAL YURI!! Q.Q
But Subtext is better than nothing. q.q

give a beer to this motherfuckers (with love) naaa i hate subtext it breaks my heart i prefer explicit shoujo ai

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I was going to say from watching unsubtitled that Haruchika is a het knockoff but apparently it's a bit more of a yaoi knockoff of Hibike? Nonetheless, there's no flirting between Haruta and the Taki-sensei knockoff. When I saw a subbed version I understood that Haru has a crush on the teacher, and is assuming Chika has, too.

last edited at Jan 14, 2016 12:35AM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

By the way I do mean Haruchika's a little creepy. In the 2nd episode Haru is "solving" an all-white Rubik's cube, Chika is standing there recovering from a lobotomy. Also, the person above who wanted to kill all the males at the school: If you don't leave Shuichi and Taki, who will Kumiko have to gloat over Reina to? Think before you act.

last edited at Jan 15, 2016 12:11PM

11828559_843014909109816_2387147465110623620_n
joined Aug 2, 2015

"I'm super hype for the second season that's totally gonna happen"

O rly

last edited at Apr 15, 2016 7:52AM

Img_20171030_220015_379
joined Oct 31, 2016

So.
Why.
The.
Fuck.
Is.
This.
Fucking.
Gay.
Teacher.
Who.
Sparkles.
Like.
A.
Damn.
Unicorn.
One.
Of.
Reina's.
Love.
Interests.

You suck hard.
Really.
ಠ▃ಠ

gasp

wow this comment tho. claps

I do agree,That If only anime (any anime[more yuri-ish]) that are soon to come have a good plot and a real yuri shippings. Lately I've watched Sasameki Koto (isn't that bad) at least this anime actually does have a good ending in the manga and actually DOES have a ship like Tomoe X (that other girl which I can't remember her name) Or Kanamemo which has Yuuki X Yume (which was surprisingly cute).

oh yea MORE SALIVA!! I'm naughty xD

last edited at Jan 5, 2017 3:56AM

Nozomi
joined May 11, 2017

Lots of kissing? Oh you're spoiling me

Cxpifenweaaqcl21
joined Nov 24, 2016

So after re-reading this I just realized... that panel with Yuuko and Natsuki actually happened.

To reply you must either login or sign up.