Forum › Iroha ~Sweet~ discussion

0d9c1f8da5c68f44be466e7fdf34f353
joined Jan 13, 2015

Finally more Takemiya Jin.
And it was good too, now its a good day

joined Mar 25, 2013

Awesome. More Takemiya Jin is always good, and there will be 11 more days (mostly) of her.

I'd say that Shadow's theory is kind of correct, in the sense that it's not angsty or dramatic. Which appeals to people. I don't know why.

Still, thanks and I'll be looking forward to the other Takemiya Jin releases (and non-Takemiya ones) :]

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Ahh, fluffy Takemiya Jin times to start off the day. How wonderful~

Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

Only a chapter yet it was such a satisfying read. I guess it was because the different time skips made the story feel a lot longer than it actually was, good approach.

Screen%20shot%202015-09-08%20at%209.16.20%20am
joined Jun 26, 2013

Not sure who fixes this kind of thing, but... The 2nd panel of page 31 "I've" should be I'm, I believe.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Awww, that was sweet.

Recettehate_zpsebd03302
joined Jun 20, 2014

12 days of Jin? Truly a Gaymas miracle.

3z8eb8cxabml0ib3limx
Divulge Scans
joined Dec 29, 2010

Not sure who fixes this kind of thing, but... The 2nd panel of page 31 "I've" should be I'm, I believe.

Thanks for the heads up! I fix it but Cyfer's the one who can upload, so the fix will be a short while yet.

Edit: I also know about page 37 now.

last edited at Dec 14, 2015 7:45AM

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Aww... so cute. :3

Promo-facebook-facebook%20profile%20picture
joined May 24, 2014

Wait wait wait, where is the forced drama and unnecessary angst? Something must have happened to Jin! Lol
Aaaanyways this release just made my day :D
There will be 12 days of Jin releases??? How do you know that?

last edited at Dec 14, 2015 6:50AM

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Cute, but church stuff felt kinda out of place

Yuuna
joined Jan 4, 2015

Kyaaaa!!! Iroha's so cute!
<3 megane!!!

joined Aug 10, 2015

Totally made my day<33

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

Jesus...

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

This one was sweet, and I heard that we'll get 12 days of Takemiya gayness? Yes please! xD

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

I'd say that Shadow's theory is kind of correct, in the sense that it's not angsty or dramatic. Which appeals to people. I don't know why.

Escapism perhaps? I mean, when all your ordinary life has is bitterness and drama you might want something else out of what you find on the internet, no? I know I have days when I want nothing but fluffy cuteness and go re-read Kase-san and The Real Her, yet other times I love the tension of a good Drama story.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Wait wait wait, where is the forced drama and unnecessary angst? Something must have happened to Jin! Lol

The release post says that this was 2008/09 so, something must've happened after it for her to churn out angsty/dramatic stuff.

Escapism perhaps? I mean, when all your ordinary life has is bitterness and drama you might want something else out of what you find on the internet, no?

Perhaps, but I haven't ever enjoyed angst/drama. All time I want fluffy domesticity. Guess I'm just fluff-broken xD

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I've been seeing Takemiya promoting this on Twitter for a couple of months now, so happy to see the translation arrive. Very much worth the wait.

As to drama, I find that the people here are often hostile to dramatic situations or downer endings. They'll often type-cast authors who do them once in a while as being Always About Drama, regardless of their other output. Takemiya Jin gets it, Amano gets it, Shou from Stretch gets put down as a troll who hates yuri fans, and so on. I love fluff and romance, so I can understand the desire to have it as much as possible, but this stuff tends to be a bit extreme.

Received_468649373647826
joined May 24, 2015

Finally another Takemiya Jin works i guarantee its really good

joined Jul 31, 2013

Thank you, Nez. Besides, Jin has done tons of fluffy stuff, and her dramatic stuff almost always has a sweet ending anyway. She loves and lives for Yuri, and the fans here would be better served by just enjoying her work on its own terms without needing to thoroughly anticipate and criticize the tone of everything they read by her.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Does this mean there's actually more to this one before this or does it say that because this was a compilation of everything for t his story put together?

3z8eb8cxabml0ib3limx
Divulge Scans
joined Dec 29, 2010

Does this mean there's actually more to this one before this or does it say that because this was a compilation of everything for t his story put together?

Yes it's a compilation. From our release post:

The first “chapter” (“Iroha ~Promise~) came out in December 2008, when she’d been making yuri doujinshi for nearly two years, and this collection was released in May 2009, two months after she’d debuted in Yuri Hime.

last edited at Dec 14, 2015 11:02AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Shadow posted:

Yes it's a compilation. From our release post:

The first “chapter” (“Iroha ~Promise~) came out in December 2008, when she’d been making yuri doujinshi for nearly two years, and this collection was released in May 2009, two months after she’d debuted in Yuri Hime.

Ah, thanks. Normally I actually read your release posts but for whatever reason the thought didn't even cross my mind so I missed that, lol.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Thanks for the heads up! I fix it but Cyfer's the one who can upload, so the fix will be a short while yet.

Edit: I also know about page 37 now.

Fixed here now too.

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

Well Takejima you were right about the country finally recognizing same sex marriage. It only took 6 years later after drawing this story for your thoughts to come true. :)

To reply you must either login or sign up.