Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013
joined May 26, 2015

Who understand yuri community, if there is a short manga, so well written and portraying a very cute relationship between 2 girls/woman, they want more, but if there is more, they want it to get to the point.......

Well, in the end, I guess FF it not form all trastes, overall impatients ones, form them this is almost like torture

last edited at Nov 16, 2015 9:12AM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I'm not worried at all about Seol-a and No-rae. The latter and Sung-pyo seem too similar to me. This chapter felt short, due to the lack of new material (to me), but Ssamba's kept up a friggin' spectacular pace for this quality of manwha. Most of the manwha or manga I've enjoyed have a monthly (or an I-hope-it-comes-out-this-month->_>) cadence. As long as this one doesn't end up on indefinite hiatus or some mess like that, this'll probably end up as one of my all-time favorites.

Go Ssamba!!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Who understand yuri community, if there is a short manga, so well written and portraying a very cute relationship between 2 girls/woman, they want more, but if there is more, they want it to get to the point.......

It's almost like there's more than one person in the yuri community, and they have various things that they like or dislike.

Nah, too far-fetched.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Stop torturing yourself then. No one's forcing you to read FF.

lol, that will never work, a typical Ikari Shinji personality enjoys suffering despite all the cries
Regardless, halmoni, thank you so much for the translation!

I don't think No-rae was ever concerned about her sexuality. Seol-a had a lot more inner monologue dealing with her sexuality, although it wasn't very detailed (i.e. "I must be strange for feeling like this blah blah"). I don't feel like sexuality will play a big role in FF anyways, it seems more like "I like No-rae/Seol-a for who she is", not "Ayy I liek gurlz".

I think she did, at least in chapter 32, when she tried to ask her oppa an advice. Remember that story about the popular path and the non-existent one? I interpreted that dialogue as No-rae asking her brother if it's OK to have gay feelings. And it'd thus be a bit strange if the topic is not covered at all, IMO. It's kinda the realistic part of the two girls going out - dealing with society, coming out, etc. But now that I wrote it, perhaps, you're right, because considering the current pace, it'd probably be another manhwa, while FF might simply focus on the two getting together. Besides, there's probably the Comico's editorial department which may set the boundaries too tight, especially considering how popular the story is.

Well, in the end, I guess FF it not form all trastes, overall impatients ones, form them this is almost like torture

Isn't it quite logical? When there are two fractions of society with opposing interests, when one is satisfied, the other's in agony and vice versa.

Now, coming back to the story, I'm really confused. If the two did like each other so much, I don't get it, how could the military break them apart so easily? Is it then being so similar to each other what eventually destroyed them as a couple? Was each one of them too much of a goofball to express their feelings properly and never opened to each other entirely? Like they were always too nice to each other that it started to look fake? So far it's the only reasonable explanation I can think of. Like it felt too good to be true and they started to think they should break up to test the reality of their feelings and the military was just a good excuse for that? Really, it feels like they didn't really love each other, even though they thought they did. I guess they kinda lacked duality in the other partner. They were giving their all, but nevertheless they never received what they expected, because their personalities didn't complement each other. They were both the same left parts of the same figure, seeking for the missing right part. If so, Seol-a should be a good partner for Sung-pyo too! Hah, that'd be a twist!

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Personally I don't think that two similar people can never be romantically compatible. Sometimes if two people are too different they cannot find common ground and connect.
Sung-Pyo seemed to really like No-Rae right from the start, and judging by Ssamba's writing style, she is probably not lying about it.
No-Rae on the other hand seemed like she was really over him now that they met again.
So...what if she decided to go out with him because he had simply offered first? Not that she didn't like him, but she decided to go with the flow too, even if she had a very small doubt about it. And maybe he promised her that he would always be by her side etc and then he broke them promise and left for the military.
Just like how Ji-hwan told her that he could make her love him
Btw that part with drunk No-Rae totally reminded me of when Seol-A got drunk too

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

I can't convince myself that No-Rae really loved Sung-Pyo.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

But she did like him very much at the very least. Their break up affected her so badly that she had to drop a semester. Right now I'm just curious what horrible thing he did that broke all her hope and trust.

Capture
joined Mar 19, 2015

I'm in need for this boyfriend arch to end already... Preferably as quickly as it showed up... We get it, she dated a dude in the past... please don't drag it out =/

joined Mar 28, 2014

Personally I don't think that two similar people can never be romantically compatible. Sometimes if two people are too different they cannot find common ground and connect.

Well, they do understand each other very well, because they are similar. And I don't think this prevents from romance. They might as well had kids and lived together for the rest of their lives. What I'm saying is that the quality of romance differs when the other side gives you something you're incapable of doing. Then the other side, through a romantic bond, complements you as a human being, which in itself strengthens the bond. And naturally, a complementing personality is different from a same personality and is different from an opposing personality. All three are valid, of course. And romance may very well arise between all of them too, especially if it's also sexually-driven. The quality and longevity of romance will however likely differ. There are numerous theories about it based on Jung's ideas btw, but I would really not like to open this Pandora's box here, especially considering that none of those theories are even provable/testable.
So in fact I'm just trying to explain myself how could two creatures, loving each other from the bottom of their hearts suddenly break up.

Sung-Pyo seemed to really like No-Rae right from the start, and judging by Ssamba's writing style, she is probably not lying about it.
No-Rae on the other hand seemed like she was really over him now that they met again.
So...what if she decided to go out with him because he had simply offered first? Not that she didn't like him, but she decided to go with the flow too, even if she had a very small doubt about it. And maybe he promised her that he would always be by her side etc and then he broke them promise and left for the military.
Just like how Ji-hwan told her that he could make her love him

Point is, then it contradicts Ssamba's No-rae's own words from the last chapter:

Text: And yet, it didn't take long for us to figure it out.
Text: Because we both felt it from the bottom of our hearts.
Text: How much we both
Text: Liked each other.

Before the chapter 51's been released, the idea of simply going with the flow was the one I myself found the most plausible. But after reading words as quoted above, it's very hard to swallow that either of them simply went with the flow. It's served as a very conscious decision, at least from No-rae's side. This leaves me with the explanation that they underestimated their own feelings, being young and inexperienced, meaning that the romance they had was relatively shallow.

Btw that part with drunk No-Rae totally reminded me of when Seol-A got drunk too

Lol, it somehow reminded me of Ran... Ah, I should go and do some stretching now...

joined Jan 31, 2015

Blackkitty:

Maybe she was a different person back then.

As in... maybe she Sung a different tune.

:>

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Blackkitty:

Maybe she just didn't No better. Heh.

joined Mar 28, 2014

Right now I'm just curious what horrible thing he did that broke all her hope and trust.

I wonder if he actually did though. Seol-a's question then comes to mind: why are they friendly now? Although... I guess I had something similar... Someone betrayed me (not romantically though) and I was really, really pissed at that person, and our friendship was broken. And a year later we accidentally met again and had a great chat together. I don't think we'll ever be so close though.
But if that's how it is... booh... then I guess there was a reason to break up besides the military. Hard to imagine cheating considering how much they were into each other. But could be something completely irrelevant to romance. That could probably indeed resolve the puzzle...

LOL, I think I'm writing too much xD I'll never learn to think first then write a short summary, I guess...

joined Jan 31, 2015

OriginalGengar:

And once she did, it really made her Seol up.

ヽ(`▽´)/

last edited at Nov 16, 2015 1:56PM

joined Mar 28, 2014

Blackkitty:

Australia is a scary place then... LOL

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

OriginalGengar:

ヽ(`▽´)/

I don't even know how you pronounce Seol. :/ Is that a soul pun? I would have done a soul pun.

last edited at Nov 16, 2015 2:05PM

joined Jan 31, 2015

takachi:

Blackkitty:

Australia is a scary place then... LOL

Yes, going down there can be scary at first.

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

last edited at Nov 16, 2015 2:05PM

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Text: How much we both
Text: Liked each other < This part is the most important part.
She didn't say they were madly in love. she said liked. If it was passionate, or deeper wouldn't the words have loved each other? I think a few people have the right idea, they cared for each other but maybe not on a deep enough level
OR
What's that saying sometimes loving someone just isn't enough. Maybe they did love each other but other things got in the way. I know I just contradicted my first point. lol.

...Ugh I need to know what happened!!

joined Jan 31, 2015

OriginalGengar:

OriginalGengar:

ヽ(`▽´)/

I don't even know how you pronounce Seol. :/ Is that a soul pun? I would have done a soul pun.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sull+up

"eo" is pronounced roughly like the "u" in "up" or "dull".

Open-mid back unrounded vowel or ʌ if you know IPA. (Which everyone does, of course...)

Also, for the pronunciations of most names in FF, refer to halmoni's favorite recording:

http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/5858-fluttering-feelings-spoiler-thread?page=43#forum_post_91249

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

hmm what happened..Survivor Australia

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Thanks! Good thing I didn*t do my soul pun then because I would have Rae gretted it. Right? Right?

last edited at Nov 16, 2015 2:14PM

joined Jan 31, 2015

OriginalGengar:

Thanks! Good thing I didn*t do my soul pun then because I would have Rae gretted it. Right? Right?

That was terrible.

... Take it Baek.

ヽ(゚∀゚)ノ

"Baek" is actually pronounced like "peck", but... err... um... YOLO!

last edited at Nov 16, 2015 2:24PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

https://www.google.com/search?q=sull+up

"eo" is pronounced roughly like the "u" in "up" or "dull".

Open-mid back unrounded vowel or ʌ if you know IPA. (Which everyone does, of course...)

Also, for the pronunciations of most names in FF, refer to halmoni's favorite recording:

http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/5858-fluttering-feelings-spoiler-thread?page=43#forum_post_91249

GOD DAMNIT ANON Y DID U HAVE TO BRING THAT LINK UP AGAIN NOOOOOOOO

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Yeah, I should Pyobably stop. Urgh, writing that made me throw up a little. Really though, I have no shitty puns left. Yu win.

last edited at Nov 16, 2015 2:35PM

joined Jan 31, 2015

halmoni:

GOD DAMNIT ANON Y DID U HAVE TO BRING THAT LINK UP AGAIN NOOOOOOOO

I guess in retrospect, recording that wasn't a very sound decision.

:<

To reply you must either login or sign up.