Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

thatonegirlfromthatonething
Forumphoto
joined Nov 1, 2015

^haha, I think it's more along the lines of So I might have told Seol-a about your ex- and No-Rae proceeds to the throttling. But I guess we'll see soon

lol you called it!

Props to Seola on the part time job thing, lol that girl is really thinkin'! I kind of saw that whole "ex is coming back really REALLY soon" thing though.. Talk about more tension in these upcoming chapters. UGGGHH it's this horrible combination of wanting Seola and Norae to get together, but not wanting to rush it, and not wanting this story to be over like ever ;-;

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Hmm.. interesting... so far we all believed No-rae really loved Sung-Pyo a lot but having this chapter in mind... I wonder if she actually really did. Could it be that she just went with the flow? Like, "Yeah, he's a nice tall guy, he seems to love me, so I should be fine" kind of thing? Like perhaps she was strongly convinced that she'll definitely fall in love with him? And could it be that she was crushed when they parted ways not because they broke up but because she realised her calm dream world where she's falling in love with a nice guy and everything's fine suddenly got destroyed?
I guess I'm just seeing things and trying to adjust the story to my liking, but I don't know, somehow those last pages felt fishy. It felt like No-rae didn't really love her ex, but got kissed and went for it, in a tolerant, no fighting way how her brother described in chapter 34. Could it be that Seol-a is really the first one whom No-rae sincerely loves?

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Hmm.. interesting... so far we all believed No-rae really loved Sung-Pyo a lot but having this chapter in mind... I wonder if she actually really did. Could it be that she just went with the flow? Like, "Yeah, he's a nice tall guy, he seems to love me, so I should be fine" kind of thing? Like perhaps she was strongly convinced that she'll definitely fall in love with him? And could it be that she was crushed when they parted ways not because they broke up but because she realised her calm dream world where she's falling in love with a nice guy and everything's fine suddenly got destroyed?
I guess I'm just seeing things and trying to adjust the story to my liking, but I don't know, somehow those last pages felt fishy. It felt like No-rae didn't really love her ex, but got kissed and went for it, in a tolerant, no fighting way how her brother described in chapter 34. Could it be that Seol-a is really the first one whom No-rae sincerely loves?

As much as I'd love it to be true, I don't think so. I think Norae did honestly like him a lot, but he did something that broke her trust as well.

joined Jan 31, 2015

@ halmoni

For this part...

From your translation:

No-rae: Oh...he's...

But what does it say in the bottom panel?

Thanks as always!

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Does anyone think Seol-A's overprotectiveness/possessiveness will be possibly viewed as a flaw in later chapters?

What about Seol-a's behavior has been possessive or overprotective? (Just curious.)

I've seen her jealous, curious, anxious... Mmm... No-rae projects the type of personality that invites a protective feeling, I think. Still, I haven't felt any of Seol-a's reactive feelings or actions to be particularly extreme for someone falling fast and hard for pretty much the first time (at least with some awareness). :?

Honestly that's the vibe I always got from her. Like when she was taking care of No-Rae after the accident. That's the immediate example that comes to mind. There are others but my brain is working at a 100% at the moment. Lol. Seol-A has this aura of back off No-Rae is mine, even though no actually confession on her part is happening.

Now that I'm thinking about it maybe I was reading to deeply into it?

Yeah lack of proper sleep is getting to me...

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Does anyone think Seol-A's overprotectiveness/possessiveness will be possibly viewed as a flaw in later chapters?

What about Seol-a's behavior has been possessive or overprotective? (Just curious.)

I've seen her jealous, curious, anxious... Mmm... No-rae projects the type of personality that invites a protective feeling, I think. Still, I haven't felt any of Seol-a's reactive feelings or actions to be particularly extreme for someone falling fast and hard for pretty much the first time (at least with some awareness). :?

Honestly that's the vibe I always got from her. Like when she was taking care of No-Rae after the accident. That's the immediate example that comes to mind. There are others but my brain is working at a 100% at the moment. Lol. Seol-A has this aura of back off No-Rae is mine, even though no actually confession on her part is happening.

I've definitely noted the "jealous Seol-a" scenes, but to me they're generally of the "cute" caricature variety. I can recall friends being (jokingly) possessive about TV characters with whom they're obsessed, for whom similar panels could be drawn. For example, they might get angry or depressed when the "their" character finally catches the attention of his or her love interest, or if the character hooks up with someone of whom they disapprove.... >__>

...Anyway, Seol-a's flaring jealousy seems consistent with the rest of her temperament (e.g., getting into (verbal) fights with her brother and Jin-ho, etc.). I think Seol-a's tendency to get easily carried off on the tide of her emotions is a flaw Ssamba's illustrated well and often. However, that fiery side of her also seems to be why we're betting on her to make the first move.

Yeah, so, I think she's bold and fiery and wants to stake a claim, but also keep in mind we're privy to her inner thoughts. I bet a lot of us would seem more extreme if our inner selves were front and center. In the "normal" panels, her actions seem normal (to me). ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Tumblr_nmf9ayqcct1splrm9o1_1280
joined Jan 26, 2015

I rarely post on these forums... but I'm gonna say, Fluttering Feelings is by far my favorite yuri manhwa and I honestly would be so happy if it would go on forever instead of stopping at chapter 100 xP My Sundays will be SO empty when it ends... :<

I think Norae had a very caring loving bf... but I mean, Norae x Seol-a ftw by far <333333 Get together already!! xD

joined Aug 29, 2015

seeing No-rae's POV again after many chapters of her being suddenly mysterious. brought back FF to the right track. the fans miss those chapters where Seol-a and No-rae are switching POV alternately on past chapters.

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

I guess that reminiscence of happy times with Sung-Pyo was cute in its own right, but I'm sure No Rae and Seol Ah's moments together shall be far more precious– honestly, there have already been plenty. Man, I wish I could go back and re-read some chapters.

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Omg lol Seol-A was so obvious while asking No-Rae questions. That talk of "he is handsome etc" and that smile was so obvious, No-Rae feels her weirdness but doesnt realize its jealousy.

I love seeing Seol-A trying to spend more time with No-Rae (looking for jobs) she wont give up. But damn, No-Rae on the other side is thinking about the dude. Oh well, at least she blushed with Seol-A, and it was cute seeing that.

I dont want this arc to last to long, but he is coming back soon to school, Damn.
Please, tell me this wont last 20 chapters.

Anyway thanks Halmoni for the trans.

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

I've definitely noted the "jealous Seol-a" scenes, but to me they're generally of the "cute" caricature variety. I can recall friends being (jokingly) possessive about TV characters with whom they're obsessed, for whom similar panels could be drawn. For example, they might get angry or depressed when the "their" character finally catches the attention of his or her love interest, or if the character hooks up with someone of whom they disapprove.... >__>

Not gonna lie I can relate. Haha. Totally can get attached to a character a bit too much.

...Anyway, Seol-a's flaring jealousy seems consistent with the rest of her temperament (e.g., getting into (verbal) fights with her brother and Jin-ho, etc.). I think Seol-a's tendency to get easily carried off on the tide of her emotions is a flaw Ssamba's illustrated well and often. However, that fiery side of her also seems to be why we're betting on her to make the first move.

True, that's what we are banking on for progression. Her boldness and jealousy to create an opportunity for her to make a move.

Yeah, so, I think she's bold and fiery and wants to stake a claim, but also keep in mind we're privy to her inner thoughts. I bet a lot of us would seem more extreme if our inner selves were front and center. In the "normal" panels, her actions seem normal (to me). ¯_(ツ)_/¯

You have a totally valid point. It could be because it's inner dialog that it seems more extreme than it actually is.

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

halfway and they're still not together. I mean.......................
I hope it goes longer than 100 chaps. :)
there are still a ton of drama to deal with after they get together: meeting the family, coming out to friends, coming out to the world!

last edited at Nov 9, 2015 3:54AM

Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

As much as I'd love it to be true, I don't think so. I think Norae did honestly like him a lot, but he did something that broke her trust as well.

Yes. Between norae and her ex boyfriend must have happened something big to break, seemed both genuinely in love.

Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

Yes. Between norae and her ex boyfriend must have happened something big to break, seemed both genuinely in love.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Now I want No-Rae to confess to Seol-A first. Because, we know how Seol-A feels for her right now, but No-Rae still seems unsure. And for a relationship it takes two. Seol-A can't start running behind No-Rae all the time, No-Rae needs to act too.
How I see it, is No-Rae was thinking of her past with her ex and maybe she was comparing it to her new situation now. She has changed and probably matured and maybe we'll get to see how her feelings for this guy are now ddifferent. You know, the person you always thought was your "one", after you grow up you realise they were not. So that to me would be the best progress.
I want to see No-Rae taking action for once, and maybe that ex arc will push her to start behaving differently towards Seol-A and her problems.
Maybe her ex would become this catalyst, just like yu-Ji was for Seol-A

Z2maxwb
joined Apr 22, 2015

But Norae had a huge progress in the bus accident
If right now she was comparing Seola and the ex
Then the accident shouldnt happen at all

One thing I'm most curious about is the reason behind the break up
If the reason was that destructive to make Norae had a great escape to Australia
She wont be able to meet with her ex or at least the situation in the meeting wont be that well/smooth
Just my two cents

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

I think that's the million dollar question right now.
Two parts:
1) It was significant enough for No-Rae to take a year off and go away somewhere
2) Not bad enough for them to be able to be civil/still have lingering feelings ( On his part for sure)

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

I don't think she was comparing seol-a and the ex, maybe she was just reminiscing her time together with the ex.

One thing I'm most curious about is the reason behind the break up
If the reason was that destructive to make Norae had a great escape to Australia
She wont be able to meet with her ex or at least the situation in the meeting wont be that well/smooth
Just my two cents

This.

I'm so dying to know their history. The story kkekyong didn't tell seol-a.

flutteringfeelingsmanhwa
joined May 17, 2015

Thanks to thatanon for making a rough typeset of Chapter 50!

A rough typeset has been uploaded to flutteringfeelings.imgur.com (short address: bit.do/ffi).

Chapter 50 rough typeset by thatanon
http://imgur.com/a/gf9QG

Enjoy!

Minor side note:
The link to the chapter does not yet show up on the flutteringfeelings.imgur.com main page. It takes a little while for it to show up. For now, please use the direct link to the chapter above.

Update:
This link to the chapter now shows up on the main page.

last edited at Nov 9, 2015 8:53AM

joined Nov 30, 2011

MacySan

Now I want No-Rae to confess to Seol-A first. Because, we know how Seol-A feels for her right now, but No-Rae still seems unsure. And for a relationship it takes two. Seol-A can't start running behind No-Rae all the time, No-Rae needs to act too.
How I see it, is No-Rae was thinking of her past with her ex and maybe she was comparing it to her new situation now. She has changed and probably matured and maybe we'll get to see how her feelings for this guy are now different. You know, the person you always thought was your "one", after you grow up you realize they were not. So that to me would be the best progress.
I want to see No-Rae taking action for once, and maybe that ex arc will push her to start behaving differently towards Seol-A and her problems.
Maybe her ex would become this catalyst, just like yu-Ji was for Seol-A

Agreed. I don't think she's contemplating getting together with him again because she has clearly moved on (and Ssamba told us this story is a romance between Seol-a and No-rae). It seems to me that he broke up with her because he was going into the military and didn't want a long distance relationship or something of the sort but not because they were having relationship problems.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Agreed. I don't think she's contemplating getting together with him again because she has clearly moved on (and Ssamba told us this story is a romance between Seol-a and No-rae). It seems to me that he broke up with her because he was going into the military and didn't want a long distance relationship or something of the sort but not because they were having relationship problems.

I'm also rather hoping it something along this line because...sometimes people grow apart for much more subtle or not-so-dramatic reasons. It could just be that Seol-a swooped in before these two had their chance to reconnect.

...but then I wonder why she didn't comment further when the Australia topic. She actually seems a bit closed off to Sung-pyo, making me wonder if he'd failed to get beyond all of her barriers in the past. Sung-pyo and No-rae really seem like birds of a failure, and I wonder if that meant he was too easy going to try for that. Seol-a, on the other hand, we know wants to get to No-rae on a deeper level.

Aaaah!! No-rae is definitely the most enigmatic character. We've finally caught a glimpse of some of her inner thoughts on her situation and it just leaves us with more questions! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

joined Oct 8, 2015

^he's wrong though. she's already starting to

look at a certain someone

the way she probably used to
look at him.

last edited at Nov 9, 2015 11:32AM

18%20-%20eternal%20flame
joined Jun 18, 2015

My humble opinion is their freindly, shes over it hes not! Every relationship that ends is bittersweet and even the worst relationship has its good moments and memorys.
She didnt even want seol-a to know. Indacating at least the bigining of realizing that what thay have is probably mutual. Seol-a was possessive and defensive of her position in no-rae's life and what she wants them to become, then tried to play it off as a friendly inquiry and complement.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I think that's the million dollar question right now.
Two parts:
1) It was significant enough for No-Rae to take a year off and go away somewhere
2) Not bad enough for them to be able to be civil/still have lingering feelings ( On his part for sure)

Exactly...which makes it really suspicious, as there are not a lot of options to choose from.
On the other hand, maybe Ssamba is playing us tricks. I mean, maybe it is something very simple, like No-rae didn't expect it to happen, and her "perfect" idea of love was destroyed.
I even think, that maybe her going to Australia had nothing to do with the ex after all. She had the chance to study in another country for a year and she took it (plus she was looking preety fine when we saw her in the airport to Australia in the special Yu-Ji chapter)
So maybe Australia and ex is not connected after all. Sounds possible to me
Now that I think of it, No-Rae seems to have developed a lot, or maybe we are getting to know her more. Because in the beggining she seemed much more naive and clumpsy and now she is more serious
Also why didn't she want Seol-A to know he was her ex bf?

She actually seems a bit closed off to Sung-pyo, making me wonder if he'd failed to get beyond all of her barriers in the past. Sung-pyo and No-rae really seem like birds of a failure, and I wonder if that meant he was too easy going to try for that

I totally agree. Nice catch

last edited at Nov 9, 2015 12:19PM

joined Jan 31, 2015

anonymous:

@ halmoni

For this part...

From your translation:

No-rae: Oh...he's...

But what does it say in the bottom panel?

Thanks as always!

So looks like it says: 힐끔

thatanon put "glance" in the typeset.

From a bit of Googling, it seems like that's correct.

last edited at Nov 9, 2015 12:13PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.