Forum › Valkyrie Drive, New Multimedia Project by Senran Kagura's Creator

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

Savage xD

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Does the illusion make people see what they want?
if so that mean Mirei want to get gangrape by men!..

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

oh hey been a while since I've checked forums here-... oh geez this thread...

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I also don't feel like arguing about this but here is the short version:
Yeah, obviously the rape was about showing that she had a tragic past as child soldier but if the most likely thought process behind the scene was "Mirei needs a tragic past, how can we involve sex?", I still consider it cheap fan service.

Making baseless assumptions is not a good way to sustain an argument.

Opinion. I think rape just for the sake of having a tragic past is lazy writing.

All the contrary, a tragic past is one of the few circumstances in which a rape is a justified plot element.

She has her boobs out all the time. She basically had sex with Redhead in front of like 100 people, no blushing involved.
And I wasn't even arguing about the body fluids but I just want to point out that realism doesn't even apply. Like the body reaction to rape is the first thing they decide to be realistic about. And this is a piece of media, sometimes it's intent over realism.

She also blushed after Rain's kiss, there's also a subtle element on Mirei's characterization in play. If you've noticed, she reacts with violence at anyone who touches her. She clearly HATES to being touched for anyone else BUT Mamori.

You're also ignoring that they've put a LOT (and I do mean it) of effort on making the sexual elements the most realistic possible. Oh and another element that is missing on that scene is the nipple erection. Every time a scene is meant to be depicted on a positve light they bother to make close up at the girls' nipples to show she's enjoying it. But when is the opposite, there's not close up, like it was with the S&M couple on the first episode, the attempted rape on episode 2 or the glimpse at Charlotte's pimpmobile on episode 3 (and c'mon, why no one complained from the S&M couple since the beginning?)

Look, if my crappy opinion pisses you off, than that's like, your thing but don't act like your opinion is the only valid one.

Valid point, but not the proper way of expressing it.

By the way, next episode won't be about Mirei.

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

oh hey been a while since I've checked forums here-... oh geez this thread...

I agree. It's something..

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nevri

Ok. The amount of crap said her is seriously starting to piss me off so I need to say something.

It is really funny that I never specifically pointed what I'm referring to and yet everyone assumed that I'm talking about their post as if it was worth being called crap. Coincident? I even quoted OriginalGengar post to point what I'm talking about, specifically this part: "but the fact that they used rape as cheap fan service is stupid and pretty disgusting. The rape scene didn't add anything to the characters or to the plot, it was just there because it's an ecchi."

Sorry but they way most of you just can't see rape as anything more than cheap fanservice is really scary. I know that this show is ecchi and is almost borderline hentai, but it isn't hentai. Even if rape is glorified in hentai, it is still rape. It is sad how rape have been trivialize and you no longer can see it as anything more than fanservice in any anime.

OriginalGengar
And I wasn't even arguing about the body fluids but I just want to point out that realism doesn't even apply. Like the body reaction to rape is the first thing they decide to be realistic about. And this is a piece of media, sometimes it's intent over realism.

If that is your argument then there is no point to talk about anything fictional because realism doesn't apply. We can delete all discussion threads right now.

OriginalGengar

She has her boobs out all the time. She basically had sex with Redhead in front of like 100 people, no blushing involved.

Mirei is cool kind of character and she can take some stuff in stoic way. When half of Lady Lady kisses her to change form, she doesn't react on spot but is surprised and after tries to punch her. I take that as her not liking when people force themself at her (like most people I guess). She shown her boobs before? Yes, to bunch a girls, that like 99% of them has no interest in Mirei. What is there to be ashamed about? Especially when Mirei play it cool. Also she was a solder. W/e she flashed her body before or not, she is trained to stay calm and composed in any given situation. That is why she didn't give a damn about showing herself a little in middle of the fight. But with illusion? She is restrained and she can't free herself (19:30) and they even are able to force her legs apart (19:32). After they torn her shirt, she is blushing (19:35). With excitement? More like sham and embarrassed. She knows she can't stop them, so she has no choice but let them have their way with her. She probably can handle showing her body to some random girls, but random guys? That even more want to rape her? Before she was always in control, but here she is forced to submit. Of course she would feel embarrassed. As I pointed out before, illusions are easily able to overpower Mirei and yet you see her struggle (19:38) when it holds and turn her head. She can't move her body and I don't see her moving her tongue at all. In no way she is "reciprocate" it. If anything she does nothing because she is helpless. Why she doesn't show any sign of struggling now (19:50)? Well since she can't move anything cos they are stronger than her, how she can? Her body (not mind) most likely gave up since it can't do anything. And that can happen in real life too. If girl is forced to have sex and can't escape or struggling equals beating on face, she will just let rapist do w/e he wants with her body. If she just let him it will end faster (but I'm going off track here). There is also other possible explanation of this shot, that is less cool and will probably sound like cop out on my side. Budget restrains. Yes, if you actually bother to learn about anime industry instead of making own assumptions how things are done, there is actually a lot problem with it. I don't know how big budget VD has but this anime is clearly going for a lot flashy scenes and fights every episode. They have to save somewhere. So this unimagined, still image is most likely just trying to not strain it more than necessary. And we come (see what I did here?) to this scene (19:54). Is it Mire actually cumming? Sure I can see it as possible option, but what if it actually moment when one of illusions penetrates her? That would make much more sense as her face doesn't look euphoric with sensation but more like shocked by something. She could be shocked that she actually cummed, but especially what follows (19:56) says otherwise. We see her real body is being affected by how her mind is abused, but she doesn't look like someone who just cum, all relieved, muscle relaxed, heavy breathing. She is shivering with face of person that gave up. I say she just was penetrated and is completely disguised by experience. And then we have this scene that (20:06) make me question, have you actually ever watched hentai with forced rape that ends up with girl liking it? She isn't loosing it in pleasure, she isn't drooling, waving her head happily with each trust. She is cringing and trying to resist, not let pleasure overcome her. She is clearly having sex and don't like any second of it.

I'm not sure if she was able to break illusion form the start or needed more time (and experiencing the same hell she already had in real life give her mind kick needed to break it), but I probably agree with Dark, that she waited for her opponent to close enough, so she would get a clear hit. And yes it is as much as confirmed she was raped before. Mirei says "I already experienced hell.. in reality." Assuming the illusion which she just experienced was supposed to be hell for her, her responding to completely caught off guard villain, with saying she already did it in real life, pretty much says "I was raped already, your illusion is too weak for me". Especially since her opponent couldn't believe anyone could be able to break it. That line alone for me was the most badass moment Mirei had so far. Not a single other one showed how much she went through or how strong her fortitude really is, like this one. I didn't like rape scene per se, but I thought for what it was, it was pretty well executed scene that totally fit into shows tone so far. It is still dark show, which everyone only focused on boobs and yuri parts forgot about.

So again, if this scene was decapitating typical "all girls are nympho and if raped long enough go cock crazy" to you, then there is seriously something wrong with your perception of rape. Your perception of creators from japan in general.

OriginalGengar

Yeah, obviously the rape was about showing that she had a tragic past as child soldier but if the most likely thought process behind the scene was "Mirei needs a tragic past, how can we involve sex?", I still consider it cheap fan service.

Look, if my crappy opinion pisses you off, than that's like, your thing but don't act like your opinion is the only valid one.

When you argue about rape with clear lack of understanding how it works then yea, I think your opinion is crappy. Or when you keep on stating as fact that Japanese are unable to product something that has both fanservice and good plot, like they are both implicitly excluding. If anyone here is biased it is you.

About rest

Sure, I think your guys hating on Mamori is unfair and premature. You competently ignore the fact that this isn't taking place in some typical high school but on isolated island and Mamori was thrown here like yesterday without explaining anything to her and not even giving chance to say goodbye to her family and friends. We don't even know her character personality before she get here. She might as well been always shy towards guys (I can totally imagine it being her character trait) and she is suddenly approached by perfect prince she dreamed about. If anything whole obsession over Akira is here so she can actually realize she likes girls/Mirei. This is action anime first and foremost. If it was het they wouldn't confess their feelings until last episode. Hell it wouldn't be guaranteed one of them or both would fall in love with each other from episode 1. We are lucky enough to have Mirei clearly interested in Mamori from the start. Just because you except true yuri from the start, you ignore the fact that in this kind of scenario it usually doesn't happen until the end of show. Maybe it is time to stop watching it as if it promised us 12-13 episode of fluff yuri and watch it as dark battle royal it is. Enjoy show for what it is and not for what you want it to be. And if you doesn't enjoy it, nobody forces you to watch.

Akira clearly has more going one than we saw so far and her crossdressing doesn't seem to be important enough to make better job at hiding it. She appeared only in 1 episode so we really have no much info to think about. It is clear that something big is going on though.

MacySan

The thing is, VD's purpose above everything is fanservice. So focusing on this stuff is only inevitable. It is not simple Shoujo ai, it is ecchi and fanservice, So I think viewers should be prepared on what to come.
The upside is that the plot so far is interesting.

telamon

Well, figured it would be like that. Though didn't expect for Mirei to be turned on from being (imaginary) raped. They're going the route of every woman is a nympho (though that is expected in this world) that gets turned on by everything (even rape). That brought the anime down a bit in my eyes. One could argue it's because of the illusion and stuff, but really? Seems I gotta be wary even more because of this. I am half-expecting for Mirei and her partner in the flashback to be raped and they would enjoy it, and then they kill her partner while she somehow escapes, considering she said that she's already experienced hell.

OriginalGengar

Doesn't matter if it's involuntary, she still 'enjoyed' it.

To be fair, she had to look aroused so that the ecchi fans could keep masturbating. And you probably shouldn't expect a bunch of pervy japanese dudes to treat lesbians (or women for that matter) with respect.

Urashi C. Pin

BURN IT TO THE GROUND YURI IS DEAD

MacySan

Also, what do people expect from an anime in this category? Haven't they seen ecchi yuri fanservice before? I've seen much worse than this, and we can't expect everything to be perfect from Valkyrie too, come on.
That being said, I won't trust this show until I see the end. There is always a chance for things to escalate the wrong direction preety quickly too in the future, and I think it would be good to be prepared about something like this.

It is a silly detail producers add in every "sex" scene, ignoring the characterisation sometimes. In other words, they forget that the character who is supposed to be a lesbian shouldn't blush (or whatever) in scenes like this, but you know, ecchi logic again. So I personally choose to ingore these type of scenes and focus on the positive one, unless they end up being too much to ignore.

Her whole character is developed around these cliches anyway. To be honest I don't think someone like her would be a good match for someone like Mirei in real life, but whatever. Animu logic.

Ushio

It was going well till ep 4 -.-
I guess the fan service wasn't enough they had to add in the typical (illusion) of gang rape and of course the female "somehow enjoys it" at least it looked like she was for a "mare second" agh I guess I forgot there for a second who the show is actually being aimed for. :(
And I thought I like virgin-chan well that is till this ep -.-. Like how they easily made her go from inocent to a thirsty obsessed female that falls dumb for any guy she sees -.- (obviously know what's her face isn't a real guy lol but you j ow what I mean.)

koneko

DEAD!..................................................................................................

sharkman

Oh so we have an idiot MC once again.. I mean come on, those guys are utterly revolting, attacked you without warning, tortured your friend, tried to force you into a marriage and then you go and fall for their Governor.. ffs Mamori.

OriginalGengar

Exactly that is my problem though. I doubt anybody thought Mirei was actually like, positively aroused and reevaluated their view on Mirei because of that scene, but the fact that they used rape as cheap fan service is stupid and pretty disgusting. The rape scene didn't add anything to the characters or to the plot, it was just there because it's an ecchi.

So after all this you wonder why I was pissed? This thread where we could exchange stuff and discus things suddenly got turned in one big heat on Mamori, yuri is dead, rape is always fanservice and there is no freaking possible way it was actually used as something meaningful because every single Japanese creator only thinks with their dick and how to cramp more and more sex stuff to their work to please mindless Japanese fans that faps to everything. Most of you clearly watch it with mindset that Mamori and Mirei will be yuri couple from episode 1 and every single other thing in entire show is only to pleasure fan and has absolutely no meaning whatsoever and trying to thinking just a little more deeply about it means you are fooling yourself that someone creating it actually put any thought to it. Just because something has fanservice in it it doesn't mean it is void of anything meaningful and because some thing can be unrealistic or exaggerated it doesn't mean nothing in show is realistic. Is it really so hard to not go from one extreme to other?

It isn't your typical yuri, but it is still yuri, and battle royal, and shounen and ecchi. It is a lot of thing and only small percentage of it is what you are making entire show to be about. We were promised yuri between Mamori and Mirei and I'm sure we will get it. If anything we already did. They are making out every freaking episode for fuck's sake.

koneko

Does the illusion make people see what they want?
if so that mean Mirei want to get gangrape by men!..

It is clearly making what creator of vision wants since she made Akira illusion to lure Mamori (she saw her going nuts over him). See what you wanted to do here though ;P

Juice

I agree with Nevri about everything on this page.

Thanks <3

last edited at Nov 6, 2015 8:14AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

By the way, next episode won't be about Mirei.

Lol wth is this?! XD This is so hilarious to be honest. I really wonder if the produsers think this is supposed to be hot, or they do it for comedic purposes.
Anyway, is there an episode 5 trailer? I can't seem to find these

last edited at Nov 6, 2015 1:48PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

@episode 5

LOL, WAT

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

What indeed

Oh right, raging lesbians

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

I don't know if this gigantic body is the girl's true ability as Exstar or there's something wrong with this girl. Could you explain this ?

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I don't know if this gigantic body is the girl's true ability as Exstar or there's something wrong with this girl. Could you explain this ?

It's her exstar ability. Guess they turn into more than just weapons.

I hope everyone can settle their differences with this new episode. Clearly the main priority is fan service, not plot or being politically correct. This episode was just hilarious. Waiting for some gifs to be produced, especially of Noe leaping into the giant boob trampoline.

I tried to convince myself I was watching it just because it seems to have yuri and a good opening song... but no, pretty sure there are other things that make me click it every week.

last edited at Nov 7, 2015 10:03PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

^ it's a dumb adventure anime. Crazy action scenes. A lot of fanservice. With actual yuri.

That is what it wants to be, and its doing it well.

last edited at Nov 7, 2015 10:19PM

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

I hope everyone can settle their differences with this new episode. Clearly the main priority is fan service, not plot or being politically correct. This episode was just hilarious. Waiting for some gifs to be produced, especially of Noe leaping into the giant boob trampoline.

I tried to convince myself I was watching it just because it seems to have yuri and a good opening song... but no, pretty sure there are other things that make me click it every week.

If you say so, she'll be in trouble due to her lacking of fighting and defense. Well, she'll need extra protection !

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

There's a puzzle quest for me to solve until the finale. It's Akira Hiiragi and his Arm, Sri. In the 1st place, Liberator and Exstar are both girls. I wonder if Akira was the exception because he was the only guy Liberator ? Is this inconsistent ?

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

If you say so, she'll be in trouble due to her lacking of fighting and defense. Well, she'll need extra protection !

Pretty sure her breasts provide adequate cushion to protect her from anything. That's physics, right?

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

This is getting ridiculous

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

There's a puzzle quest for me to solve until the finale. It's Akira Hiiragi and his Arm, Sri. In the 1st place, Liberator and Exstar are both girls. I wonder if Akira was the exception because he was the only guy Liberator ? Is this inconsistent ?

Look at Akira really hard. Is that a guy?

http://i.imgur.com/2XbGznt.jpg

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

You're just jelly of minimininimi minini's boobs.

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

Look at Akira really hard. Is that a guy?

http://i.imgur.com/2XbGznt.jpg

Wait a second ! Who draw this image? Is he/she a Japanese or Westerner ?

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

You're just jelly of minimininimi minini's boobs.

alright, you got me.

+1 brain skillz

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Episode 5 seemed like a filler episode. There was no progress for the plot, rather than introducing a character with gigantic boobs for obvious fanservice reasons. Not that the majority watches ValkyrieDrive for the plot anyway, so it was expected. I still watch it for the plot though because it's interesting. Yuri with just random girls kissing and fanservising is boring and meaningless imo.
At some point I felt like I was watching Attack On Titan-Oppai version lol. Who knows maybe they were inspired by AoT for this episode. It seems like VD never fails to deliver some rolfing moments. Like seriously, the boob scenes are are hilarious and sometimes, dare I say a little ridiculous too.
Also no lady lady, I knew it from last week that this would happen, since they got too much air time last episode.

Thiaguinho-sama
Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

I hope everyone can settle their differences with this new episode. Clearly the main priority is fan service, not plot or being politically correct.

Just because fanservice is a main point in the serie doesn't mean plot is not a priority, if it was all for fanservice they would have made the rape scene look a lot more like fanservice, like they made with the yuri rape in Ikkitousen, it's not a coincidence that this episode is after the rape, a lot of animes have a more light hearted episode after a serious one and the rape in episode 4 was more for serious plot than just fanservice, sure it might not have advanced the story, but I bet it's foreshadowing something or giving us a plot point that we didn't notice yet, I don't think they would show that a girl turn giant just to give fanservice...

it's a dumb adventure anime. Crazy action scenes. A lot of fanservice. With actual yuri.

Well we can't call it dumb yet, only 5 episodes, first half of a lot of animes are not much serious, so I guess in episode 6 or 7 we'll start to get the more serious plot, but I agree if the story don't get more serious it will feel more dumb and make some serious scenes lose impact, after all what's the point in making serious scenes and plot points if the story get's more dumb...

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I don't think they would show that a girl turn giant just to give fanservice...

Or would they?
¯_(ツ)_/¯

last edited at Nov 8, 2015 10:08AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

MacySan

At some point I felt like I was watching Attack On Titan-Oppai version lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW00v0g0_M4

First 4 episodes were pretty dark and heavy, no wonder 5 needs to be more lighthearted. Sure, fanservice is a major part of this series, I don't deny it. I'm willing to wait and see where it will go after this episode before I declare it is not trying to be serious.

Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

I don't think they would show that a girl turn giant just to give fanservice...

Or would they?
¯_(ツ)_/¯

Okay maybe they would, but my point is that they're probably giving us something important in this episode, like Nevri said the first 4 episodes were actually pretty dark and heavy if you stop to think about the setting and plot, not to mention the obvious serious parts we had, problem is that you need to ignore the fanservice for that, it's a little hard to think straight when they shove boobs in our faces, but I feel that episode 5 or 6 will be the calm we have before a storm.

Valkyrie Drive makes me think of Disgaea, both series are pretty dark and heavy, problem is that, while Disgaea hides it behind comedy, Valkyrie Drive hides it's more serious plot behind fanservice, which makes harder to take it serious.

last edited at Nov 8, 2015 10:48AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.