Forum › Valkyrie Drive, New Multimedia Project by Senran Kagura's Creator

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Forgot the 'guy' part there ;) Not that women raping other women is any better, but still, distinction!

Yeah I should have put guy there, without specifing gender but puting black kind of makes it looks that being black rapists is the problem.... Woman raping would be as bad, but since this is yuri making it het rape makes our opinions biased, would not have even half complaints if was a bunch of girls, which was a lost oportunity for yuri fanservice, since the villain knew Mirei would know it was an ilusion and didn't try someone Mirei knew like with Mamori, guess thats the villain preference for man? After all she had to imagine and create them xD

I doubt it'd be like that about her Plot, she has Torino to compare with and that other one that got tortured in one of the episodes. If she did manage that though, the technique is sure to sell for a lot xD

Since one girl have aphrodisiac lewd ilusions, I suspect the governor have some kind mind manipulation power too, sure the girls don't see other guys, but even so it's not hard to suspect it's a girl disguised, so maybe she can alter her looks or how others see her, and all those pictures and posters Mamori have are made with photoshop.

joined Mar 25, 2013

She had that power when she had her Arm, also it's not for sure that it acts as aphrodisiac, that would be one way to explain why Mirei was so turned on but I don't think it is. So for the governor to have those kinds of mind powers she has to have a constant Ecstas that is 'activated', and that is really, really pushing it. She is that 'charming' because the girls believe she's prince-like and a guy. That's enough for the girls who were pent-up on the sex front after sent to the island :P

last edited at Nov 4, 2015 5:05PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

You're right, I forgot that you need the Arm to use those powers, even if the governor Arm was something compact and easy to carry the other girl would have to stay transformed all the time, that would not work in the long run, but does the governor stay in public a lot? If it's just when necessary it could be possible, technically I didn't watch it, just had a look and read spoilers, if the governor stay outside of the public eye most of the time it's still possible she's using her Arm when she shows up.

That girl Arm probably don't act as aphrodisiac but it's possible, the logical explanation is that Mirei was not really excited but they distorted it for easy fanservice, or Dark is right and in BD will be piss, there is precedent for this kind of thing, but from those three possibilities the easy fanservice is the most probable, so we shouldn't take it too serious.

That's enough for the girls who were pent-up on the sex front after sent to the island :P

With all those girls repressing their desires, the ilusion girl would be rich if she used it in them for the right price...

last edited at Nov 4, 2015 5:33PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

That girl Arm probably don't act as aphrodisiac but it's possible, the logical explanation is that Mirei was not really excited but they distorted it for easy fanservice, or Dark is right and in BD will be piss, there is precedent for this kind of thing, but from those three possibilities the easy fanservice is the most probable, so we shouldn't take it too serious.

Exactly that is my problem though. I doubt anybody thought Mirei was actually like, positively aroused and reevaluated their view on Mirei because of that scene, but the fact that they used rape as cheap fan service is stupid and pretty disgusting. The rape scene didn't add anything to the characters or to the plot, it was just there because it's an ecchi.
But I don't wanna start an argument again, I just don't understand why people try to find excuses for a scene that clearly nobody liked.

joined Mar 25, 2013

You're right, I forgot that you need the Arm to use those powers, even if the governor Arm was something compact and easy to carry the other girl would have to stay transformed all the time, that would not work in the long run, but does the governor stay in public a lot? If it's just when necessary it could be possible, technically I didn't watch it, just had a look and read spoilers, if the governor stay outside of the public eye most of the time it's still possible she's using her Arm when she shows up.

Even if that's the case, I seriously doubt they'd make it that elaborate. They go ga-ga over her because she's the only 'him' and is portrayed as the perfect male/prince, add to that 'he' is the only one on the island and is supposedly kind and you get the shoujo-manga effect.

I'm not saying it's not possible, but I doubt her powers are 'aphrodisiac' in nature. As for the piss, I highly doubt it would be that, if it was then it would be a 'stream' rather than just one drop. As far as I know, girls/women can't hold it in like boys/men can after they start. If they do make it like that in the BDs though, then that scene will have a whole other meaning, because the viewer presumes from the start that those are 'love juices' and not piss.

We've already exhausted the talks about what is and what's not about that particular scene though. I don't think there is any merit in discussing it any further, cause you got your theories that you believe in, and theories I believe, and other people's theories and so on and so forth ;)

With all those girls repressing their desires, the ilusion girl would be rich if she used it in them for the right price...

What makes you think she hasn't ;) That is the first we see of her after all.

But I don't wanna start an argument again, I just don't understand why people try to find excuses for a scene that clearly nobody liked.

Because people want to understand why the hell the writers wrote that scene, that's why. But yeah, I agree, there is no need for further comments on that.

last edited at Nov 4, 2015 5:55PM

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I just don't understand why people try to find excuses for a scene that clearly nobody liked.

I think people 'defend' that scene because others say it is the worst thing since Hitler. It is a simple fanservice scene and people should just forge it.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Well it's not really excuse, even thought it's obviously cheap fan service we could think of some reasons why it was not other kind of ilusion, and nobody liked is not really true, most people who didn't like are westerners, japaneses didn't really care much as they're used to this kind of crap, it's mostly yuri fans that are really complaining, but in the end it don't matter if fit the story or if it had a reason, we should just agree it's cheap fap material and let it go, let's just hope they don't do more shit, I don't want another Arachnid, that manga is good but it's annoying how it's full of rapist, at least not like this rape that try to be fanservice.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

OriginalGengar

Exactly that is my problem though. I doubt anybody thought Mirei was actually like, positively aroused and reevaluated their view on Mirei because of that scene, but the fact that they used rape as cheap fan service is stupid and pretty disgusting. The rape scene didn't add anything to the characters or to the plot, it was just there because it's an ecchi.

Ok. The amount of crap said her is seriously starting to piss me off so I need to say something. First of all, this wasn't fanservice. Fanservice is when it is used only to please fans. In shown like this it become kinda distorted, but in general scenes with bouncing boobs for the sake of bouncing boobs is fan service, illusion of rape isn't. Sure, you can say it was just shown for the sake of showing men grouping Mirei boobs. It was a mental attack, attack that was supposed to shaken Mirei so she won't be able to defend herself. Making girl (lesbian at it) experience rape is probably the worse and best one at the same time. Mirei blushed after her breasted was exposed. Typical girl's reaction in any other anime, About dropping fluid. Yes, it was her vaginal fluids. Why it makes perfect sense? Because that is how girl's body work. When body is being stimulated and brain's realize there is going to be intercourse, it starts to product vaginal fluid. It doesn't mean girl is ok with it and wants more. It means body is preserving itself and reading for eventual insertion to avoid damage. It happens even during rape, granted body has enough time (rapist just insert straight away, there is no chance for preparation). Illusion men doesn't force themself into Mirei right away, they group her breasts and kiss her. They give her body enough stimulation that she indeed started to get wet. Pointless scene? Only fanservice? Mirei is able to break illusion because she experienced hell in real life suggesting that either she indeed was raped in that second episode flashback or worse. If anything that entire scene shown me other side of Mirei I didn't see and it was badass.

Mamori doesn't deserve Mirei cos she flock to Akira on the sight? We don't even know if she is lesbian, but seriously it is perfectly fitting behavior for her considering what happened so far. She was normal 16-teen that was suddenly thrown into some isolated island away from home she knew, all her family and friends. She is totally helpless and clues. Mirei just happened to shown right next to her and chose to protect her. So far Mirei is doing everything in her own accord. She even gave herself up so no one will suffer without consulting Mamori and ignoring her complains. Just because Mirei decided to protect Mamori so far it doesn't mean Mamori is indebted in any way. Even if she should show some gratitude (and she did) that doesn't oblige her to fall for Mirei or even return her feelings. Even if Mamori is lesbian/bi she most likely isn't aware of it. I'm ready to bet she was rose in typical het is default environment and loving a girl didn't even cross her mind before. She dreamed of prince on white hours for crying out loud. How more stereotypic we can get? So I can totally understand that after being thrown into middle of this entire chaos she completely don't understand once she saw her actual prince on white horse she would be immediately charmed by him. Her deepest dream came true in all this madness? Of course she will devote herself to it, to stay sane. Mirei is cool but it wasn't what she dreamed about all those years.

As the side not I found her entire obsession with Akira hilarious. It was first time since I watch VD that I actually laughed. Also Mirei reactions were priceless. It again confirms her as 100% lesbian also building on her character more (which she didn't have that much except for being cool so far). Mirei loves/is charmed by Mamori but knows that she can't force herself. She might be displeased with Mamori's obsession with Akira, but she won't voice it, cos she knows Mamori owns her nothing. She is free to choose whoever she wants and Mirei can't tell her she can't choose Akira (at least until she gets jealous enough).

About Akira. It is totally obvious there is a reason she cross-dress and we just don't know everything yet, but it isn't a big secret from audience so they don't try to hide it. Voice actresses confirmed all mine characters will be female for god's sake. Obvious reason that first come to mind is that it is all show for girls so they won't go insane here. Sure they don't have to hook with other girls, but some wants to have some male idol, even if they can't have him, just so they can copy with all this stuff. Akira is promoted as this awesome only male so they have someone to fawn about. Akira has clearly some contact with Onee-chan as well as bigger relationship with Kasumi. All 3 of them seems to actually work together to keep everything in peace while maintaining a illusion that they try to force everyone to follow their rules. Charlotto seems to be the actual villain or more like kind of person that cares only about herself as we see with her disobeying order and being unsatisfied she couldn't punish everyone. At the end of episode we see either Akira being affected by some possible side effects of w/e power she has or maybe her sister/twin sister. Maybe ability to shapeshift? but it would be really crappy shapeshifting. Or maybe sister has some incurable sickness that is why they are in such rush to get away from it.

Or maybe I'm just giving this show too much credit. But you clearly give too little.

last edited at Nov 4, 2015 7:18PM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Ok. The amount of crap said her is seriously starting to piss me off so I need to say something. First of all, this wasn't fanservice. Fanservice is when it is used only to please fans. In shown like this it become kinda distorted, but in general scenes with bouncing boobs for the sake of bouncing boobs is fan service, illusion of rape isn't. Sure, you can say it was just shown for the sake of showing men grouping Mirei boobs. It was a mental attack, attack that was supposed to shaken Mirei so she won't be able to defend herself. Making girl (lesbian at it) experience rape is probably the worse and best one at the same time. Mirei blushed after her breasted was exposed. Typical girl's reaction in any other anime, About dropping fluid. Yes, it was her vaginal fluids. Why it makes perfect sense? Because that is how girl's body work. When body is being stimulated and brain's realize there is going to be intercourse, it starts to product vaginal fluid. It doesn't mean girl is ok with it and wants more. It means body is preserving itself and reading for eventual insertion to avoid damage. It happens even during rape, granted body has enough time (rapist just insert straight away, there is no chance for preparation). Illusion men doesn't force themself into Mirei right away, they group her breasts and kiss her. They give her body enough stimulation that she indeed started to get wet. Pointless scene? Only fanservice? Mirei is able to break illusion because she experienced hell in real life suggesting that either she indeed was raped in that second episode flashback or worse. If anything that entire scene shown me other side of Mirei I didn't see and it was badass.

Mamori doesn't deserve Mirei cos she flock to Akira on the sight? We don't even know if she is lesbian, but seriously it is perfectly fitting behavior for her considering what happened so far. She was normal 16-teen that was suddenly thrown into some isolated island away from home she knew, all her family and friends. She is totally helpless and clues. Mirei just happened to shown right next to her and chose to protect her. So far Mirei is doing everything in her own accord. She even gave herself up so no one will suffer without consulting Mamori and ignoring her complains. Just because Mirei decided to protect Mamori so far it doesn't mean Mamori is indebted in any way. Even if she should show some gratitude (and she did) that doesn't oblige her to fall for Mirei or even return her feelings. Even if Mamori is lesbian/bi she most likely isn't aware of it. I'm ready to bet she was rose in typical het is default environment and loving a girl didn't even cross her mind before. She dreamed of prince on white hours for crying out loud. How more stereotypic we can get? So I can totally understand that after being thrown into middle of this entire chaos she completely don't understand once she saw her actual prince on white horse she would be immediately charmed by him. Her deepest dream came true in all this madness? Of course she will devote herself to it, to stay sane. Mirei is cool but it wasn't what she dreamed about all those years.

As the side not I found her entire obsession with Akira hilarious. It was first time since I watch VD that I actually laughed. Also Mirei reactions were priceless. It again confirms her as 100% lesbian also building on her character more (which she didn't have that much except for being cool so far). Mirei loves/is charmed by Mamori but knows that she can't force herself. She might be displeased with Mamori's obsession with Akira, but she won't voice it, cos she knows Mamori owns her nothing. She is free to choose whoever she wants and Mirei can't tell her she can't choose Akira (at least until she gets jealous enough).

About Akira. It is totally obvious there is a reason she cross-dress and we just don't know everything yet, but it isn't a big secret from audience so they don't try to hide it. Voice actresses confirmed all mine characters will be female for god's sake. Obvious reason that first come to mind is that it is all show for girls so they won't go insane here. Sure they don't have to hook with other girls, but some wants to have some male idol, even if they can't have him, just so they can copy with all this stuff. Akira is promoted as this awesome only male so they have someone to fawn about. Akira has clearly some contact with Onee-chan as well as bigger relationship with Kasumi. All 3 of them seems to actually work together to keep everything in peace while maintaining a illusion that they try to force everyone to follow their rules. Charlotto seems to be the actual villain or more like kind of person that cares only about herself as we see with her disobeying order and being unsatisfied she couldn't punish everyone. At the end of episode we see either Akira being affected by some possible side effects of w/e power she has or maybe her sister/twin sister. Maybe ability to shapeshift? but it would be really crappy shapeshifting. Or maybe sister has some incurable sickness that is why they are in such rush to get away from it.

Or maybe I'm just giving this show too much credit. But you clearly give too little.

Ok someone clearly likes the show a lot,and we all talk crap,got it!

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Ok everyone, calm your tits. While I agree with everything Nevri has said we can't forget that we're jumping at conclusions. We aren't even at the middle point of the story so we can't give for a fact anything but the fact Mirei and Mamori are gonna end together, Akira is a woman and Lady Lady are head over fucking heels for each other. And you know what? That if FINE.

If we could guess the whole story since now then it would be a really mediocre story, the fact the writing is surprising us and making us change our tune from episode to episode (just look at the opinion on Mamori) is proof enough there's more than simple fanservice on this show. It is trashy and maybe unecessarily graphic? Absolutely but there's nothing wrong with it.

Now just some points I'd like to clarify on the discussion:

-The scene in the woods is framed on a very different way that any other physical scene so far. Stuff like the grunt soldiers making out was pure fanservice and is depicted very differently to Mirei and Mamori scenes or even that small sequence between Lady Lady on episode 2. Just like Mamori's attempted rape on said episode, the attack sequence against Mirei is framed in a way to drive home how is wrong and uncomfortable. Everything on Mirei's reactions, voice acting and corporal lenguage denotes disgust and fear. Obviously everyone can take their own interpretation but is clear that the intent wasn't simply fanservice.

Nev, if you're talking about the girl with Kasumi at the end, that isn't Akira. Is Kasumi's ecsta, Hibiki. And given Kasumi's attitude, she's also head over heels for her. It is possible Akira has some kind of skill to impress the girls though.

C'mon Katze, no need to take it personal. And believe me, this discussion is NOTHING compared to the shitstorm that it happened on /a/ and /u/ this weekend. Now that was horrible.

Anyways, time to shut up and share some adorable fanart.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=53390507

https://twitter.com/yuratoko/status/661819779833958400

Korean Raws for the Mermaid's manga are here interestingly, it covers the first episode and half of the second. There are also some subtleties on Yuztan's art that make worth giving it a look even if is a nearly 1:1 adaptation from the anime some examples:

Also, some new scans of Bhikkhuni

We have mechas that serve as bosses and a better look at the way the bond between characters influence their transformations into weapons.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

........eh...I'll do it later.

Sorry, I wasn't in the mood yesterday here, thanks again Nevri. *fixed obvious typo...you didn't see that.
List of things I remembered this time: 1. CAPS - 2. Make an imgur account for convenience - 3. Try other fonts. quality up by 15%

the way the bond between characters influence their transformations into weapons.

heh...heheh...hehehe...I'm expecting gay intro dialogues to get even gayer on higher ranks.

last edited at Nov 4, 2015 11:23PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Every single time folks, like clockwork.

joined Apr 27, 2014

C'mon Katze, no need to take it personal. And believe me, this discussion is NOTHING compared to the shitstorm that it happened on /a/ and /u/ this weekend. Now that was horrible.

Sorry,wasn't in the mood for such a long elaborated post trying to say we all didn't give enough thought to something and that eeeverything is just fine and we are just talking crap. I can only imagine such things..that's why I don't visit forums anymore,but a friend mentioned this discussion and I had to jump in.

Anyways, time to shut up and share some adorable fanart.

Those are super cute,thanks for sharing.

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

What does Mamori say after Mirei has sticked Mamori's large poster on a wall ? Could you please translate it !

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

KatzeDerNacht

Good thing you didn't bothered to comment on anything while I explain why all you complained about make sense. Good thing to know it is just easier to hate on stuff you didn't expect from show than actually try to understand it.

You guys clearly see this as cheep almost hentai show that doesn't even count as yuri. It has fanservice, but that doesn't mean everything in this show is 100% fanservice and stripped of meaning. I didn't watch this episode until yesterday because people give it so much crap so I didn't feel like it, but once I actually saw it, I had no problems with it. I was actually surprised myself how much I enjoyed it.

Dark_Tzitzimine

Nev, if you're talking about the girl with Kasumi at the end, that isn't Akira. Is Kasumi's ecsta, Hibiki. And given Kasumi's attitude, she's also head over heels for her. It is possible Akira has some kind of skill to impress the girls though.

Oh my bad. Didn't recognize character so because of hair color I thought it is maybe Akira for some reason. Must have somehow missed Hibiki before then. No wonder since Kasumi doesn't use her Arm.

KatzeDerNacht

Sorry,wasn't in the mood for such a long elaborated post trying to say we all didn't give enough thought to something and that eeeverything is just fine and we are just talking crap.

Which you still clearly didn't read as you didn't respond to it in anyway way. I pointed out why I think you are wrong, but you are too good to even bother to point why I wasn't right.

After 1 page of people going "yuri is dead" "Mamori is brainless" "Rape is only for fanservice" "This show is shit cos anyone can see Akira is a woman" believe me I had enough too. And I didn't see any good arguments to support it. You all seem to watch this with mindset that "Mamori and Mirei are so in love from episode 1 and it is all fanserivce" that once anime betrayed your expectations slight you burned it without giving much thought.

I can only imagine such things..that's why I don't visit forums anymore,but a friend mentioned this discussion and I had to jump in.

Nobody forces you to post and If you only jumped in to post nothing relevant and got pointed on it, maybe you shouldn't?

I wasn't in the mood too, but I don't use it as universal excuse to avoid defending my stand when someone didn't agree with me.

last edited at Nov 5, 2015 5:08AM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Ugh, why isn't Bhikkhuni on PC D: I love spectacle fighters/beat 'em ups dammit!

I want to see the manga as well. I found the Bhikkhuni ch1 raw (supposedly) http://www.mediafire.com/download/j4odkctcobo14j0/Bhikhuni_manga.rar
It is going to focus on the incest, so yay. Or at least, one of the pairings is the two sisters.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Speaking of Bhikkhuni, here's the Pixiv of it's character designer

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=53395840

joined Mar 25, 2013

Speaking of Bhikkhuni, here's the Pixiv of it's character designer

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=53395840

Hmm, are the profiles translated?

joined Apr 27, 2014

KatzeDerNacht

Good thing you didn't bothered to comment on anything while I explain why all you complained about make sense. Good thing to know it is just easier to hate on stuff you didn't expect from show than actually try to understand it.

Aha.

You guys clearly see this as cheep almost hentai show that doesn't even count as yuri. It has fanservice, but that doesn't mean everything in this show is 100% fanservice and stripped of meaning. I didn't watch this episode until yesterday because people give it so much crap so I didn't feel like it, but once I actually saw it, I had no problems with it. I was actually surprised myself how much I enjoyed it.

Dark_Tzitzimine

Oh my bad. Didn't recognize character so because of hair color I thought it is maybe Akira for some reason. Must have somehow missed Hibiki before then. No wonder since Kasumi doesn't use her Arm.

KatzeDerNacht

Sorry,wasn't in the mood for such a long elaborated post trying to say we all didn't give enough thought to something and that eeeverything is just fine and we are just talking crap.

Which you still clearly didn't read as you didn't respond to it in anyway way. I pointed out why I think you are wrong, but you are too good to even bother to point why I wasn't right.

I don't care being right or wrong that is the difference between us.

After 1 page of people going "yuri is dead" "Mamori is brainless" "Rape is only for fanservice" "This show is shit cos anyone can see Akira is a woman" believe me I had enough too. And I didn't see any good arguments to support it. You all seem to watch this with mindset that "Mamori and Mirei are so in love from episode 1 and it is all fanserivce" that once anime betrayed your expectations slight you burned it without giving much thought.

I can only imagine such things..that's why I don't visit forums anymore,but a friend mentioned this discussion and I had to jump in.

Nobody forces you to post and If you only jumped in to post nothing relevant and got pointed on it, maybe you shouldn't?

I wasn't in the mood too, but I don't use it as universal excuse to avoid defending my stand when someone didn't agree with me.

I can post what I want when I want to,like this right now.

last edited at Nov 5, 2015 10:37AM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

This Thread right now

Also, I didn't knew the Friendzone-thinking extended into the shipping bases

"*She was rescued twice by her, she doesn't deserve to fall for someone else!*"

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Don't be a kid, Katze.

I also don't feel like arguing about this but here is the short version:
Yeah, obviously the rape was about showing that she had a tragic past as child soldier but if the most likely thought process behind the scene was "Mirei needs a tragic past, how can we involve sex?", I still consider it cheap fan service.

Making girl (lesbian at it) experience rape is probably the worse and best one at the same time

Opinion. I think rape just for the sake of having a tragic past is lazy writing.

Mirei blushed after her breasted was exposed. Typical girl's reaction in any other anime,

She has her boobs out all the time. She basically had sex with Redhead in front of like 100 people, no blushing involved.
And I wasn't even arguing about the body fluids but I just want to point out that realism doesn't even apply. Like the body reaction to rape is the first thing they decide to be realistic about. And this is a piece of media, sometimes it's intent over realism.

Look, if my crappy opinion pisses you off, than that's like, your thing but don't act like your opinion is the only valid one.

joined Jul 31, 2013

I agree with Nevri about everything on this page.

joined Apr 27, 2014

Don't be a kid, Katze.

I also don't feel like arguing about this but here is the short version:
Yeah, obviously the rape was about showing that she had a tragic past as child soldier but if the most likely thought process behind the scene was "Mirei needs a tragic past, how can we involve sex?", I still consider it cheap fan service.

Making girl (lesbian at it) experience rape is probably the worse and best one at the same time

Opinion. I think rape just for the sake of having a tragic past is lazy writing.

Mirei blushed after her breasted was exposed. Typical girl's reaction in any other anime,

She has her boobs out all the time. She basically had sex with Redhead in front of like 100 people, no blushing involved.
And I wasn't even arguing about the body fluids but I just want to point out that realism doesn't even apply. Like the body reaction to rape is the first thing they decide to be realistic about. And this is a piece of media, sometimes it's intent over realism.

Look, if my crappy opinion pisses you off, than that's like, your thing but don't act like your opinion is the only valid one.

This doesn't concern you, I can be what I want,and I disliked stuff and I said it and it doesn't affect you O.o I'm perfectly ok with you,wtf.

joined Apr 27, 2014

This Thread right now

Also, I didn't knew the Friendzone-thinking extended into the shipping bases

"*She was rescued twice by her, she doesn't deserve to fall for someone else!*"

Ok I exaggerated with that,but I'm arguing with a single person, no one else, I am super cool with every other person in this thread,forum,domain.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Sure rape for tragic past can be lazy writing if done bad, in conflicts and wars rape is not uncommon, Mirei basically fought half-naked and episode two gave vibes that she and Momoka might have been raped by those soldiers, we still don't know if she really was raped, but if she was that doesn't mean the creator was lazy, most woman would probably agree that gang rape is one of the worst things that can happen to them, yeah they used it for some fanservise, but that doesn't mean the scene loses all meaning because of that, some of us are basically assuming that all scenes with fanservice and part of the plot we don't like are result of lazy writing, no offense to anyone but looks more like we're the ones being lazy cause we don't want to take them seriously and think about what's happenning besides the fanservice, we're so used to animes that are shallow and are nothing more than fanservice that we don't even really try much to see if the scenes have any depth at all, sure they will have fanservice, it's this kind of anime after all, but we need to try harder to see what's beyond it.

Since she's a soldier she had training and probably did that in front of others a lot, she's the one molesting Mamori so of course she will not feel embarassed about it, the rape scene is completely different, it's a bunch of man forcing themselfs on her so of course she will feel embarassed since she's not doing that because she want, a lot of people can do all kind of things and not feel embarassed at all because they chose to do it, but force them and they will feel embarassed, and about she getting wet as if she's liking it? Yeah that can be on purpose without being fanservice, it's not unheard that some raped woman becomes really screwed psychologically because even thought she hated being raped her body kind of liked it, sometimes their bodies respond in a way they don't want because of the stimulus it's getting, and it was obvious Mirei was disgusted even thought she was wet.

Realism can apply here and in a lot of other parts, sure it's a piece of media and they ignore realism for some parts because of what they want to convey (or fanservice), but that doesn't mean other parts can't be realistic, it looks like you're basically saying "this part is not realistic so nothing can be realistic!" and that's nothing more than logical fallacy.

I agree that her opinion is not the only one valid, but when everyone basically keep repeating things like "yuri is dead", "Mamori is brainless", "Rape is only for fanservice", "This show is shit cos anyone can see Akira is a woman" for various pages in the thread, that makes her opinion a lot more valid since she's at least trying to analyze what's happening, cause our discussion was pretty much dead after some point as we kept using the same arguments and didn't try to see things from othe angles.

To reply you must either login or sign up.