Forum › Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Innocents discussion

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

I'm sorry, I don't read Nanoha or anything so I have no idea what was happening while I read it. SO I just copied most of the tags from the last Innocent except for the ones which don't seem to apply.

you can suggest tags and stuff as it happens probly

joined Dec 22, 2014

thank for the chapter.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Wow... I went through most of that chapter thinking Subaru was a girl. When I first saw him described as a he I thought it was a typo! Obviously I read too much yuri!

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

As much as I love Nanoha, between the Vivid and Innocent series, I wonder if it's not losing track of it's tone. It's strength was always in the SERIOUS BUSINESS nature of the plot and characters, after all.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Wow... I went through most of that chapter thinking Subaru was a girl. When I first saw him described as a he I thought it was a typo! Obviously I read too much yuri!

Pretty sure Subaru is a girl. Other girl just doesn't realise it yet.

joined Dec 7, 2013

She is - Cinque calls her "our little sister" at the start. Teana just thinks she's a boy because she's so tomboyish c:

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Tea thinks Subaru is a boy and he's got a crush on her.
She got one of it right though.
It's kinda cute actually.

I wanna see Nove though. Is she older than Subaru in this continuity?
Where does Nove and Wendi fit into this family anyway?

And loli meganekko Fate with her hair down is ridiculously cute.

last edited at Oct 27, 2015 10:42PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

That's an interesting way to work StrikerS in. Wonder how they'll handle the rest of the cast, though; Nanoha and Fate can't exactly do adoptions

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

As much as I love Nanoha, between the Vivid and Innocent series, I wonder if it's not losing track of it's tone. It's strength was always in the SERIOUS BUSINESS nature of the plot and characters, after all.

Yeah. That kind-of bugged me to. It used to be Magical Girl Gundam, but now it seems to have lost a lot of it's epicness and the cast bloat has been a bit much.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Yeah. That kind-of bugged me to. It used to be Magical Girl Gundam, but now it seems to have lost a lot of it's epicness and the cast bloat has been a bit much.

To be fair, this one is just a spin-off. As for the main series, they did try to make the series more serious with Force, but we all know how that turned out...

Thiaguinho-sama
Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

To be fair, this one is just a spin-off. As for the main series, they did try to make the series more serious with Force, but we all know how that turned out...

Someone knows if Force is still on indefinite hiatus? I guess we can consider it pretty much dead and not canon anymore, anyone have some idea if japanese fans didn't like it either?

In my opinion the problem was not try to make it more serious but to put a male main character, which from what I remember had some romantic subtext with the two girls that travel with him and one of the villains, making it look a little like another cheap harem, other problems, making him as strong or if not stronger than Nanoha cast, because of course only a male protagonist could be stronger than them, and last but not less important, a villain almost killing Signum, of course the good side is that althought she failed at killing Signum she at least killed the manga, so I guess in the end something good happened after all, I know it had other problems that made it shit, someone remembers them? Of course it's okay if no one remembers, in the end it had so many problems it's not even worth remember it, I only remember those cause they're probably the biggest problems it had, I really hope that shit stays dead and they never do those mistakes again in Nanoha.

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

Harsh words, but not altogether inaccurate. I think Force's greatest failing was the frankly insane levels of game-breaking abilities and upgrades. The character designs were more mecha than character, particularly Vita and Nanoha, and whereas the 'anti magic' field of StrikerS was a decent way of suppressing Nanoha's more curb-stomping tendencies, the 'immune to magic, most physical damage, and also immortal' villains were just ridiculous. I actually really did like the main character, Thoma, and felt like his relationship with Lily was well written, but it almost would have worked better as an unrelated side story in the same style as the sound stages; the inclusion of Nanoha characters was almost beside the point.

last edited at Oct 28, 2015 3:44AM

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Subaru is 100% girl. She is actually a very 'big' girl in the main continuity.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Meh, as I feared, it's probably going to be subaru and teana centric... I wanted to read more about the original cast, not get another timeskip just to include the boring Strikers' cast... Won't read that one further ><

And yeah, that's just my opinion, never liked Strikers. Only good thing it brought to the series is Vivio and I doubt we'll see her there, unless they go all science baby with Nanoha and Fate (which would actually make me want to read this), but I doubt it.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

There is no timeskip, Teana and Subaru are simply younger.

Regarding Vivio, she might show up ;)

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

You sure ? Fate looked a bit older than in the first part. She looks like she' around 13 or 14 and looks even taller than Alicia than before.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Can somebody do the math and calculate at what age should Nanoha be to have Vivio as her daughter if Vivio is a regular girl?

EDIT: Did the math. Nanoha should be 13 if Vivio is to be her daughter since by the time of Vivid, Nanoha is 23 and Vivio is 10. That's pretty young... if Vivio is still her daughter in this continuity then we wouldn't see Vivio in INNOCENTS. If we did, Vivio would be a baby.

last edited at Oct 28, 2015 2:51PM

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Harsh words, but not altogether inaccurate. I think Force's greatest failing was the frankly insane levels of game-breaking abilities and upgrades. The character designs were more mecha than character, particularly Vita and Nanoha, and whereas the 'anti magic' field of StrikerS was a decent way of suppressing Nanoha's more curb-stomping tendencies, the 'immune to magic, most physical damage, and also immortal' villains were just ridiculous. I actually really did like the main character, Thoma, and felt like his relationship with Lily was well written, but it almost would have worked better as an unrelated side story in the same style as the sound stages; the inclusion of Nanoha characters was almost beside the point.

Pretty much this, coupled with the fact that the villains were a bunch of overpowered homicidal maniacs, and in spite of that the author was trying to make them likeable.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

You sure ? Fate looked a bit older than in the first part. She looks like she' around 13 or 14 and looks even taller than Alicia than before.

Well from what I've seen so far on the card artworks(I haven't seen everything) there's no timeskip, they all look the same...then again there's also loli versions of adults like Precia and Shamal...

As for Vivio and the crew maybe time travel? I mean gears of destiny did it and the materials+florians are from that game. Vivio: Oh! hey Mamas! I'm your daughter from the future, this is my girlfr...special friend and this are my other friends. So...can I join the team?. Hayate: YES!

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

As for Vivio and the crew maybe time travel? I mean gears of destiny did it and the materials+florians are from that game. Vivio: Oh! hey Mamas! I'm your daughter from the future, this is my girlfr...special friend and this are my other friends. So...can I join the team?. Hayate: YES!

Judging by the raws, that is exactly what is going to happen.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

WTF spoilers... Is she still their kid?

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I think it's actually a combination of glasses + older sister standing next to her in an awkward pose what makes Fate look older. Subaru here mentions that the zero screentime tournament at the end of Innocent took place recently, and Fate is only 1 head taller than loli Teena when they stand together. I'd say a couple months of timeskip at most.

last edited at Oct 30, 2015 6:21AM

blatant_harvester
Snpl
joined Feb 16, 2013

Judging by the raws, that is exactly what is going to happen.

And her name in cards.

http://nanohain.com/cardlist/7_28_rev.html

Hana
joined Jun 20, 2014

should this have the 'subtext' tag?

also, when will Teana realize Subaru is a girl? xD

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

should this have the 'subtext' tag?

also, when will Teana realize Subaru is a girl? xD

There is no subtext when it comes to Subaru.

To reply you must either login or sign up.