Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

The part of her personality where she would rather hurt someone deeply instead of making up with them because she wants to remain in their memories is irrational and twisted, but I don't think she wanted to hurt Seol-a in the first place. Things just turned out that way.

Don't know Yuji's personality was twisted or not but from reading the transcript, I don't think Yuji would rather hurt Seol-a instead of making up with her. She did want to apologize and tell Seol-a everything. Then she went on saying she wants Seol-a...but doesn't want to be a burden, doesn't want to make Seol-a 'more of a mess' I think Yuji was looking out for Seol-a. About her comment abt remaining in Seola's memories, to me it more like 'I would rather you keep hating me than to have any regrets.

She indeed liked the fact that she was able to hurt Seol-a, because that way she would scar her for life and Seol-a wouldn't be able to forget her. They say, if you can't make someone love you, make them not forget you.
("I'd like if you had very painful memories of me. I don't want to become some worthless reminder.")

Also, maybe she didn't mean Seol-a to hear these words at the particular time, but I think eventually, with that part of herself that was dark and she admited of having, she would hurt Seol-a one way or another at some point anyway. It just happened to be that time when they didn't know Seol-a was listening. Just my thoughts, as she was showing signs of jealousy in the past too.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I find it interesting that Ssamba takes her time to focus on side characters personality, like Ji-hwan or Yu-ji. This choice makes the story deeper in my opinion.

Exactly. This is another reason why I like FF.

joined Jan 31, 2015

romantic_reader:

You forgot "girl with ponytail at the airport = Kim No-rae". lol I'm joking.

WAIT.

You're saying that wasn't Gyeong-woo in drag??

Goddammiiiiiiiittt (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

last edited at Oct 25, 2015 4:14PM

joined Nov 30, 2011

Am I the only one who thinks Yu-ji was being sarcastic in those comments since everyone was talking hella crap behind Seol-a's back and, Yu-ji took it a step further to make a point. However, she never got the chance to make it once Seol-a walked in. That's how it always appeared to me. It seemed like she was getting frustrated listening to what they were saying to provided another viewpoint they didn't think of.

The look on Seol-a's face when she came in probably told Yu-ji that she'd never be believed or given another chance at their relationship. In the end, Yu-ji got her wish because she really fucked up Seol-a.

Also... x2 about Ssamba learning how to draw characters differently because holy moly! This is getting quite confusing!!

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Extra edition trans- http://pastebin.com/K2i2P2Z7
trigger warning: convenient plot devices

Ssamba called it "extra edition" but it's not different from a normal chapter or anything

Thank you for the translation (and all the previous ones)!

My impression: This does feel like a filler chapter, and the end looks like it could be bridge into the next chapter...or the arc during which we get details of that past timeline (two years ago??) when Seol-a and No-rae's lives were running parallel (before they became friends). We'll see next week, but my guess is that if you snipped this one out that no progression of the main story would be missing.

The main content of this chapter seemed more like a nice way to close out the story with Yu-ji (which I felt was left off somewhat suddenly :?), without Seol-a going back on her word/stance. Sometimes people (in real life) choose to let people go or shove stuff behind them. And some people might see that as a "bad" choice, but it was Seol-a's choice. (That take was another kudos to Ssamba for me.)

Heh, and maybe it's also showing that Yu-ji succeeded somewhat in getting what she wanted (going by the letter). Seol-a did hurt. And her reaction was anger (though I definitely didn't sense hate).

It sounds to me like Yu-ji cared deeply for Seol-a, so much so that she was disturbed by it. And in a twisted way she took advantage of the wound she left with her words to stay in Seol-a's memory. ...or maybe she just settled with that as an excuse after cornering herself into thinking saving their relationship was futile.

I'm nowhere near convinced that Seol-a had romantic feelings for Yu-ji. Their friendship--a close friendship with another girl-was already quite a new experience for her. Maybe in time...but Seol-a just seemed so much more immature/naive/not understanding her feelings toward her female friend at that time. However, in Yu-ji's case, she seemed to having a creeping sense that her feelings went beyond some "normal" threshold and was scared.

Lastly, this seems to me the type of letter one writes without a really intention to send. Kind of like a diary entry. Let the thoughts out on paper sort of thing. I don't find the letter a convenience. It just gives additional depth to an important backstory (imo). The "Australia arc" on the other hand... >__> I'm so glad that wasn't Seol-a in present day. I just hope this is them in the air port at the same time or something (a bit of a tease). Parallel Australia visit thing was mentioned some time ago.

P.S. I'm with Seol-a. Intentional or not, Yu-ji's words were cruel. She shouldn't have said those things, in any context. She was in with the bullies. And she didn't do enough (anything) to reach out and repair. Seol-a was particularly vulnerable to that sort of evaluation (and she still was when we were introduced to her).

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

@ffins07
de nadaaa

nice analysis btw! I had a lot of the same thoughts while reading the chapter. If Seol-a and No-rae went to Australia right now, Ssamba would have to change the title to "Australian Feelings" lol

I definitely felt like I didn't know Yu-ji very well until this chapter, since most of the past Yu-ji arcs only had inner monologue from Seol-a.

Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

I think Yu-gi was jealous of Seola, perhaps even she knew why, but clearly suffering and write clearly: I want you. Ssamba basically playing the story on their own understanding of feelings for the same sex. Somehow it is this ambiguity to make the story more compelling. If you had been the sister of Yu-ji you would have done a letter to Seola? Maybe not, basically Yu-ji in life had never sent.
Seola and Norae together in Australia, perhaps ends here. What is there to know about the period of Australia's Norae and Seola? Perhaps it is just a "extra chapter" and has nothing to do with the continuation of the story. I do not understand why add it now.

Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

And Thanks Halmoni!!!!!!!

joined Jan 4, 2014

Thank you for the translation (and all the previous ones)!

Seconding that. Thank you very much halmoni!

joined Sep 21, 2015

I'm not sure if I understood the last chapter properly... I came here to see if you could enlighten me, but I'm still as confused as I was before.

What I understood from this chapter (using a Spanish translation) is that Yu-ji was in love with Seol-a but she didn't like her own feelings. She tried to pretend that she didn't care about Seol-a and when Seol-a listened what Yu-ji was saying, Yu-ji thought that it would be easier to not try to be forgiven by Seol-a and that with the distance her feelings for Seol-a would be more bearable. Moreover, hurting Seol-a was a good (though selfish) way for being always remembered by the girl she loved. Seol-a's memories about Yu-ji would be so harmful as the love she felt. Yu-ji wrote all that in a letter and after some time Seol-a got to read it.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Am I the only one who thinks Yu-ji was being sarcastic in those comments since everyone was talking hella crap behind Seol-a's back and, Yu-ji took it a step further to make a point. However, she never got the chance to make it once Seol-a walked in. That's how it always appeared to me. It seemed like she was getting frustrated listening to what they were saying to provided another viewpoint they didn't think of.

I think she was angsty about Seol-a and that was a way to express herself. But what she was feeling for her created a resentment too. And that speech was an expression of her resentment for Seol-a. Because if she was completely sarcastic about it and didn't mean them, she would have apologised to Seol-a after that and explained how she was bothered by the girlss talking trash behind her back. But she didn't even say sorry after Seol-a's accident, even though she probably felt guilty about it. Because she knew she wasn't innocent either

Moreover, hurting Seol-a was a good (though selfish) way for being always remembered by the girl she loved. Seol-a's memories about Yu-ji would be so harmful as the love she felt. Yu-ji wrote all that in a letter and after some time Seol-a got to read it.

I agree, although that wasn't Seola who read the letter. That was Yu-Ji's sister, Ssamba left a note at the end explaining how this was Yu-Ji's sister, not Seola

last edited at Oct 25, 2015 6:10PM

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Wow it seems it was an interesting chapter even though it was a flashback because you guys have made 3 pages in just a few hours. I cant read it now, but Im happy about the discussion.

joined Aug 18, 2015

The part of her personality where she would rather hurt someone deeply instead of making up with them because she wants to remain in their memories is irrational and twisted, but I don't think she wanted to hurt Seol-a in the first place. Things just turned out that way.

Don't know Yuji's personality was twisted or not but from reading the transcript, I don't think Yuji would rather hurt Seol-a instead of making up with her. She did want to apologize and tell Seol-a everything. Then she went on saying she wants Seol-a...but doesn't want to be a burden, doesn't want to make Seol-a 'more of a mess' I think Yuji was looking out for Seol-a. About her comment abt remaining in Seola's memories, to me it more like 'I would rather you keep hating me than to have any regrets.

She indeed liked the fact that she was able to hurt Seol-a, because that way she would scar her for life and Seol-a wouldn't be able to forget her. They say, if you can't make someone love you, make them not forget you.
("I'd like if you had very painful memories of me. I don't want to become some worthless reminder.")

I would somewhat agree with u if Yuji didn't contradict her initial twisted thoughts (imo they are sarcastic, very similar to what she said of Seol-a in the class room) with "to be honest, I want to tell you everything. I want to apologize to you over and over again..." She didn't expect Seola overhearing their conversation. and yes, Yuji shouldn't had said them if they weren't true...but it's high school. I remember it's a jungle there. Beside those comments, she didn't do anything to hurt Seola. I think it is unfair to judge Yuji based solely on those comments.

last edited at Oct 25, 2015 8:08PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I'm not sure if I understood the last chapter properly... I came here to see if you could enlighten me, but I'm still as confused as I was before.

What I understood from this chapter (using a Spanish translation) is that Yu-ji was in love with Seol-a but she didn't like her own feelings. She tried to pretend that she didn't care about Seol-a and when Seol-a listened what Yu-ji was saying, Yu-ji thought that it would be easier to not try to be forgiven by Seol-a and that with the distance her feelings for Seol-a would be more bearable. Moreover, hurting Seol-a was a good (though selfish) way for being always remembered by the girl she loved. Seol-a's memories about Yu-ji would be so harmful as the love she felt. Yu-ji wrote all that in a letter and after some time Seol-a got to read it.

I've heard mixed things about the Spanish translation lol. Some people like it, some people hate it. But idk why you're reading the Spanish version when your English seems fine

-Yu-ji had feelings for Seol-a. These feelings were most likely ones of attraction or love, but like mikasamikasa77 said, the line "I want you" has a sense of ambiguity (compared to just saying "I like/love you").
-Seol-a overheard Yu-ji by accident, and this ruined their friendship forever. Yu-ji and Seol-a ignored each other for the rest of high school.
-Yu-ji wanted to be with Seol-a even though they had gone separate ways; she did this by becoming Seol-a's "scar"
-In Yu-ji's mind, it wasn't possible to go back to how things were before, and so she couldn't bring herself to apologize
-It was difficult for Yu-ji to live with those feelings, especially since she didn't like that part of herself and she knew it was wrong (aka her desire/obsession to be with Seol-a)
-Hurting Seol-a was the only way for Yu-ji to be with her; otherwise, she'd just be forgotten. I don't think she wanted to intentionally hurt Seol-a ("But I didn't want to be a burden on you"), she did it for the sake of becoming a part of Seol-a's memories forever. She didn't necessarily want Seol-a to feel the same pain that she did, so that's why she said "You don't need to know anything".
-Yu-ji wrote the letter and her younger sister read it after the funeral. Seol-a never read the letter.

I think the general gist of Yu-ji's feelings was that she didn't want to burden Seol-a with her own feelings, but as a final, selfish request, she asked Seol-a to keep her in her memories, despite how painful it would be. Yu-ji managed to accomplish this request herself by not apologizing or reconciling with Seol-a. The last part of Yu-ji's letter (아파해줘/Feel hurt) was meant to convey this feeling of asking for something, or like "Please do this" (-te + kure/kudasai in Japanese); so while it did say "Feel hurt", it was sort of like an indirect way of saying "Remember me". It was hard to translate since English imperatives/commands aren't as direct imo.

last edited at Oct 25, 2015 8:17PM

flutteringfeelingsmanhwa
joined May 17, 2015

Thanks to thatanon for making a rough typeset of the "Extra Edition. Letter" chapter!

A rough typeset has been uploaded to flutteringfeelings.imgur.com (short address: bit.do/ffi).

"Extra Edition. Letter" rough typeset by thatanon
http://imgur.com/a/6COyv

Special Note:
Extra thanks to thatanon for the extra editor notes for character identification!

Enjoy!

Minor side note:
The link to the chapter does not yet show up on the flutteringfeelings.imgur.com main page. It takes a little while for it to show up. For now, please use the direct link to the chapter above.

Update:
This link to the chapter now shows up on the main page.

last edited at Oct 25, 2015 9:06PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Thanks to thatanon for making a rough typeset of the "Extra Edition. Letter" chapter!

A rough typeset has been uploaded to flutteringfeelings.imgur.com (short address: bit.do/ffi).

"Extra Edition. Letter" rough typeset by thatanon
http://imgur.com/a/6COyv

Special Note:
Extra thanks to thatanon for the extra editor notes for character identification!

Reading the words with the images. This chapter really hit me. Well done, by Ssamba.

And thanks for the typeset (and upload)!!

joined Dec 9, 2014

Why does it say on Imgur in the end that this was Seol-a? I thought that was Yu-Ji's sister. So did Seol-a actually go in Australia the same time as No-rae, or is it editor's mistake?

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

It's Seola at the airport. Seems like they left to Australia at the same time

Ae8q5672
joined Oct 25, 2015

I thought Yuji might have felt the same way at the scene where Yuji lies on Seola's laps.

... Been there, done that. It has to be a special friend to have such an intimate moment in an empty classroom in an all-girl high school. It was heart wrenching to see Yuji handled her feeling for Seola in such a hopeless manner.

Fluttering Feelings hits a spot in my distant memory that I locked away. In the past few weeks I've been reading different language versions back and forth just to savour some special moments over and over again. I've also checked a couple of manga/manhua/manhwa mention in this thread but no other story has the same effect (even with explicit content). Ssamba's story telling style gets my feelings way beyond fluttering.

With that in mind, thanks to halmoni for the translation, thatanon et al. for rough typeset. For those of you who contribute to this thread, your joke and analysis help me get through the drought before the next update. You have my gratitude.

Black-and-white-ed-sheeran-performance-favim.com-1975182
joined Aug 17, 2015

Thanks Halmoni and thatanon for the translations and typesets! <3 It was Seol-A at the end. Yeah, they did go to Australia at around the same time. Maybe they got on the same plane? Remember in the first chapter where they met, No-Rae felt that they have met before? Maybe they did see each other on the plane but have forgotten about it.

Will Yuna play a part in the story? I don't get what the special chapter is about. I was surprised that there was a special chapter today after all that speculation about No-Rae's ex bf. :( Is the special chapter vital/connected to the story somehow? Or was it published to put closure on the Yuji arc for the readers? I hope we will finally get Chapter 49 next week.

I missed No-Rae's hair too! But have you guys noticed that her hair is getting longer? I think No-Rae's hair will gradually get longer at the end of the story. And I swear, all these characters are twins. Lol. Although Ssamba has the same-face disease for the characters, can I just applaud the art? It's gotten so muuuuuch better than the first chapters. <3

last edited at Oct 25, 2015 10:20PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Remember in the first chapter where they met, No-Rae felt that they have met before? Maybe they did see each other on the plane but have forgotten about it.

Yea, but its also because the famous Seola was in the same major with Norae the first two years lol.

joined Feb 19, 2015

Jesus, now I totally understand why anime insists on crazy hair colors. I mean I get the need for a consistent art style, but you don't need to sacrifice differentiation for aesthetic. For real, I've mixed up Seola, Minjeong, Yu-ji's sister, No-rae's sister in law. ssamba y u do dis? Orz give one of them a blunt nose or a beauty mark or a signature lipstick color or something else like that
Hate that i can't speak korean

last edited at Oct 25, 2015 11:25PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Why does it say on Imgur in the end that this was Seol-a? I thought that was Yu-Ji's sister. So did Seol-a actually go in Australia the same time as No-rae, or is it editor's mistake?

The person at the airport in the last panel is Seol-a. Seol-a and No-rae both studied abroad in Australia during the same year, but they never met. There's no reason why Yu-ji's sister would be at an airport waiting for a flight to Melbourne, since she already lives in Australia.

joined Feb 19, 2015

Yuji's a complex character, and she echoes the thoughts of so many self-loathing LGBT people when facing their feelings for someone they perceive they can't have. She takes it on to her self to hide her feelings and the stress makes her say hurtful things (at least that's what i think she's referencing in, 'really hard to resist sometimes') circa the time she bitched about seola. Those words sound like something she wanted to say to herself, since she, by extension, somewhat resents seol-a for 'making her feel this way'. All in all, impeccably written complicated character

joined Feb 19, 2015

@halmoni
Do you think that girl at the wedding read the letter? That could explain why she told Seola not to hate Yuji so much

To reply you must either login or sign up.