Forum › Gemini discussion

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I agree with some of what both of you said (Cryssoberyl and Yuri Girl 1001) I didn't think they had the best attitudes - I've never liked the whole 'i'll still love you if you go off with someone else' crap - that's the LAST thing you wanna hear off someone who's meant to love you - or how you show your love..

But like yuri girl said I don't think either was thinking of wanting that - they more seemed insecure and worried.

Also, I didn't really get the feeling they hated being not told apart - they were like, it couldn't be helped - she didn't seem really bothered when her mom couldn't tell them apart. I think its common for identical twins up to a certain age to want to be identical in every way including what they do and wear and own - and thats normal - but then at a certain age they want to distinguish themselves and they both become more individual.

And I have heard identical twins often think in terms of 'us' and everyone else - like we think of 'ourselves', and everyone else - it's not unhealthy if you think of that in terms of their 'us' is the same as our 'me' - or fairly close to that anyway.

I'm sure most identical twins go on to become pretty individual - but still think of themselves as an 'us' .

Maybe I'm wrong but I always got the impression unless you WERE an identical twin you couldn't really know what that was like - I mean they are basically the literal other half of you - when a single fertilized egg that should have become just one person, split into two instead of just dividing - their dna is exactly the same, not just appearance.

Like you said Cryssoberyl, to be done really well, you have to handle twin incest more carefully than this - I think it takes more work than setting up a regular yuri couple - (Like my Fav Fanfic - 87k words so far and the twins havn't even kissed yet!) Maybe that's partly the issue - the story is just too short to get any details.

So anyways thanks for your work yuri girl! I'm always up for more twincest and overall I liked it :)

Shingeki.no.kyojin.full.1508027
joined Aug 20, 2013

i love yuri twincest and that credit page was hilarious xD

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I take Latin and the title means Twins.

I know nothing about Latin and I know that Gemini means Twins, because it is the Zodiac symbol that means Twins ;x

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Given that the dynamic in his big series isn't exactly healthy, either, I'm not too terribly surprised that this one isn't the best. He went on to throw in a pretty worst-case scenario as a side relationship in that, so I'd suspect he's deliberately exploring dysfunction here.

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

Wow, sudden (implied) sex in the end.

This was a very peculiar story.

I didn't notice until now!

1924893_10202788342174381_69187846677337107_n
joined Dec 11, 2014

When it was mentioned that they "see the world as "us and "everyone else", it reminds me of the Hitachiin twins from Ouran Host Club. So their love for each other, IMHO, might be a little different from most other people's; it's like they only love each other (or think that they love each other) because no one else has ever been able to enter their world.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

from the author of Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!!
another fav wincest author.

Images6onqzwz9%20citrus
joined May 23, 2015

More twins yuri

Promo-facebook-facebook%20profile%20picture
joined May 24, 2014

Pro tip: if you're twins and want people to be able to tell the difference between you, change your hairstyle/wear different clothes. Unless you want people to confuse the two of you ;)
.. Reminds me of those twins back in high school, nobody was able to tell the difference between them, and a guy did actually confess to one of them and he messed up her name... He didn't realize he was confessing to the wrong twin, talk about embarrassing! Lol

last edited at Oct 5, 2015 7:05PM

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

No incest besides identical twins/clones really does it for me, so this is nice.

"tWINcest"

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Twincest is pretty narcissistic.

Who never shipped Tegan and Sara?

(Creepy I know)

last edited at Oct 6, 2015 2:09AM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

nope don't get it.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

(Creepy I know)

This doujin "Twin Epidendrums" touched on the narcissistic aspect of twincest

joined Feb 17, 2013

(Creepy I know)

I've never shipped them. Probably because I have never been able to really get into their music, though my ex was crazy about them. But yeah gotta agree on the narcissistic point.

Solid%20ice%20heart%203-29-15
joined Mar 30, 2015

A pleasant read, however...

...what I really want to read is a sequel based on the panels at the bottom of the credits page!

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

...but to me incest is a story dynamic that has to be presented with care in order to keep the attraction both believable and positive...

Everything you said Cryssoberyl is very accurate, but condensing to this sentence because I feel it needs the most emphasis.

Society has stuck a boding and inescapable connotation on the word "incest", so much so that many hear the word and automatically assume '%sibling raped %sibling'. And completely and understandably so. As a survival tactic, it makes sense to try and get into people's heads that having children with your blood relation is bad. Not only this, but the nuclear household just naturally develops these days in "developed" nations that inherently make it not only nonsensical from almost every perspective, but also rather distasteful to even consider falling in love with a sibling.

So from a practical sense, healthy incest is likely only achievable in stories. For that very reason, the intrinsic dynamic is incredibly unstable and fragile. The story has to be pure (in a connective sense) and well-ironned at its roots in order to capture an audience. This one did not do enough of that. Even the idea of them not doing anything to look any different from the other is forgivable and surprisingly workable from a story's sense...but what broke the hinges was the way they so nonchalantly accepted the idea they could taken by someone else...**as if someone else could legitimately tell them apart and fell in love with one of them, they would simply just have to reciprocate**.

That just naturally makes the relationship become a "because we have no other option" scenario, which is not a bad start in many cases; but as the main focal axis? Bad.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

as if someone else could legitimately tell them apart and fell in love with one of them, they would simply just have to reciprocate.

Thought I'd point something out. It seems like this Tasaki person was indeed able to tell them apart and fell in love with Sachika, but not only did Sachika not feel that she had to reciprocate, but she explicitly rejects him. On page 72, Sachika says "You don't have to worry about me going out with Tasaki-kun." So I really don't think their relationship has anything to do with "we have no other option." But again, this is just my own opinion.

Sorry if I'm looking past what you're really trying to say.

last edited at Oct 10, 2015 1:13AM

Thumbs
joined Apr 16, 2012

indeed interesting. still a little bit sad.. i hope if the story continues. they wil stay together. as lovers (like strawberry panic)

joined Jul 16, 2015

Their twisted logic reminded me of the twins from Ouran High School Host Club...

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

as if someone else could legitimately tell them apart and fell in love with one of them, they would simply just have to reciprocate.

Thought I'd point something out. It seems like this Tasaki person was indeed able to tell them apart and fell in love with Sachika, but not only did Sachika not feel that she had to reciprocate, but she explicitly rejects him. On page 72, Sachika says "You don't have to worry about me going out with Tasaki-kun." So I really don't think their relationship has anything to do with "we have no other option." But again, this is just my own opinion.

Sorry if I'm looking past what you're really trying to say.

Late response because school and stuff. Sorry about that!

You're not really looking past much tbh. I think the details you've provided do indicate that they will end up being steadfast toward one another, and their characters seem to have enough fortitude to be able to stand by that.

Really it's just a matter of how it was conveyed, at least from my eyes. Makes the incestuous aspect of the relationship seem to make it inherently inferior.

Yya%20background
joined Feb 2, 2015

I thought it was cute. Unrealistic, but cute,

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

WHAT

To reply you must either login or sign up.