Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Maybe it was poorly worded; think of the antagonist as a catalyst... :D

Well yes, antagonist is a catalyst. Just the most simple one. Especially in romance/slice of life you can do different stuff as catalyst, but most authors just go easy way and it honestly got little boring. Especially since most of time it turns out poorly.

last edited at Oct 7, 2015 3:18PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Be glad. It could have been a freak accident where both parents die.

Or an abusive single father/mother never home.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Be glad. It could have been a freak accident where both parents die.

Or an abusive single father/mother never home.

Even if it makes me bad, I'd actually prefer one of those. It would be something new at least.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Love triangles may be overused, but they ARE very plausible. (Another detail is that in this case, no one is aware of the love triangle except for the bestie, when she figures out Touko's feels)
Especially in Touko's situation. She is presented as unreachable, and the only one who knows is her best friend, who has somehow convinced herself that she is content with her present position.
I kinda understand that feeling. I have a friend who used to identify as asexual and it somehow comforted me, that although I could never have her, no one else could either.
Turns out that she's more demisexual though, and it hit me really hard when she started going out with a guy.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Love triangles may be overused, but they ARE very plausible.

They might be plausible, but I hate them. Is it so hard to ask for romance where progress isn't draw by either blackmail (usually to break up) or love triangle?

Oh%20hoh%20hoh%20hoh
joined Jul 15, 2015

In conclusion: nevertheless, I'd love to see this series continue for atleast another 1 or 2 volumes, as it drag me in from the first chapter. Hope it's not going to drag too long.

I'm probably going to be dissappointed, but that's requited.

last edited at Oct 7, 2015 5:13PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Sigh. Why every single childhood friend in yuri has to always has secret crash on her best friend >.>? I tried to interpret it as Sayaka just being jealous of Touko as a friend, but it was obviously love. This manga was doing so well so far. Way to freaking screw it. If author will go with something like "Sayaka understand she has no chance, because Touko just doesn't see her that way and will keep on being supportive friend" then it would be awesome, because that is next thing I never saw before. If it will go standard love triangle, then it will be most likely drop...

Isn't it kinda obvious, some sort of "antagonist(s)" is needed for the protag(s) to develop.

Em, no. You don't need antagonist for plot/characters to progress. It is the easiest way to do so though.

I'd love to see one where the childhood friend actually supports them instead... Like ya know... what a good friend would do. Those are rare. The childhood friend in love with the MC trope is too strong I guess...

Oh%20hoh%20hoh%20hoh
joined Jul 15, 2015

I'd love to see one where the childhood friend actually supports them instead... Like ya know... what a good friend would do. Those are rare. The childhood friend in love with the MC trope is too strong I guess...

e-chan!<3
(she isn't necessarily a childhood friend, but she acts like a proper one!)

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

e-chan!<3
(she isn't necessarily a childhood friend, but she acts like a proper one!)

What manga it is from?

Oh%20hoh%20hoh%20hoh
joined Jul 15, 2015

Rokuroichi - Dream Story
(I love how she reacts when she realizes there are others like her, you can feel the happiness ;D..)

last edited at Oct 7, 2015 5:35PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rokuroichi - Dream Story
(I love how she reacts when she realizes there are others like her, you can feel the happiness ;D..)

Oh. I read it long ago. Thanks. Totally forgot about it.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

love triangles are not bad per se, but a writer needs good skills to use them right. It's like dutch angle or breaking the 4th wall. And love triangle with the best friend was the last thing I wanted to read in this manga... really, it destroyed the whole volume for me, which had felt so good and refreshing.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Oooh it's official, new love triangle! and man what a beautiful intro...*wheres the like button* ^_^

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I don't think it's a love triangle. Best friend seem possessive, but this doesn't looks like that kind of like. She's just afraid her bff is going to drift away.

I could be mistaken though.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

I didn't really get a love triangle vibe from it, I too saw it as friend jealousy, worrying your best friend will find someone they want to spend more time with, but also having to come to terms with the fact that a lover will often do that and you can't spend all your time with that person. I also didn't feel like it was love-triangle material because this was a very short extra chapter, just a cute little moment to get more into their friendship. :>

I'm not a huge fan of love triangles either (unless done well- which they can be) but I love this series so far, so nothing would keep me from reading it at this point.

Screenshot_7
joined Aug 22, 2014

I don't think this is going to turn into a love triangle. My best friend is jealous like that and i know for sure she doesn't secretly like me lol.

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

NB the title means "Soon enough I'll turn into you."

CrescentLuna25
Ayase-aragaki%20-%20copy
joined Jul 20, 2013

Poor Sayaka. Didn't know Touko already kissed someone. Not that Touko's oblige to tell Sayaka everythin tho.

Profile_ing
joined Sep 20, 2014

I dunno, I'm also not getting the love triangle vibe from this extra. I mean, haven't any of you ever had a friend who just keeps their distance from people in general? Being one of the few people they actually open up to gives one a feeling of "superiority" that may seem possessive or even as if one had a crush on them but actually you just want to keep being the only one they confide in/show their true colours to.

Well, at least I have confidence enough in Nikatani to stay clear from cliches and tropes. I mean, I love the way they handled the "indirect kiss" thing in chapter 4
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/eventually_i_will_become_yours_ch04#3

and I believe they'll continue telling a fresh new but real story about budding gaybies/a-/demisexuals.
Well, but then I also had my hopes up for "A Kiss And A White Lily"...

joined Sep 21, 2015

Oh. This last one was sad.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I don't think this is going to turn into a love triangle. My best friend is jealous like that and i know for sure she doesn't secretly like me lol.

I really want it to be the case, but this and this combined just looks like subtle nods that Sayaka is indeed in love. Sure, her asking if Touko is going to reject confession because the person is a girl, could be just curiosity, but especially the way it was draw just strikes me as confirmation question if Sayaka have even chance to begin with and together with "being closer to her than anyone else is enough, so I want it to stay this way" is basically what 99% of bff with secret crashes think. Not to mention very suggestive hype text for next chapter that clearly says that what Sayaka didn't want to change did change suggesting incoming clash.

I'm not against her having feelings for Touko. It is cliche, but if instead author goes with "I know Touko won't see me this way so I will just support her" angle it would be a really nice change. I just don't want Sayak to turn into five wheel shoved for the sake of some drama.

Hell, even if she do confront Touko and confess her feelings, but after (most likely) being rejected, she will go back to being supportive friend would be still way better than most love triangles I saw. Last thing I want is Sayaka's possible crash being either waiting plot point that will eventually strike or turning into open love confession creating love triangle, that will drag for most of the series.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Hell, even if she do confront Touko and confess her feelings, but after (most likely) being rejected, she will go back to being supportive friend

It's not that easy. Look what happened to Misha of Katawa Shoujo.

last edited at Oct 9, 2015 12:56AM

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

I dunno! Like I said, I think it's a possessive best friend, and that this problem has already been partially resolved.

joined Sep 9, 2015

loving it so far

Images
joined Sep 19, 2015

mooooore!!!!!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.