Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

joined Aug 18, 2015

everyone is entitled to their opinion and here is my take on Seju. from the beginning, I thought Seju's personality is off. It is wise to laugh off unpleasant things but not all the time. Everyone has their limits. Toward the end of chapter 27, Seju thought 'no matter how many times it happens, she will become mine again' raised the red flag, 1) Sumin is not an object to claim. I heard this line before from people who have controlling personality. 2) what made Seju so sure Sumin will come back to her again? what'd she do if Sumin doesn't? now Sumin has finally found someone who has the potential of giving her a start over/fresh start. Let's see how Seju will react to it. Seju is responsible for own happiness/destiny, no one else. She does have a complicated family but is it an excuse for her behaviors? Seju cannot choose her family but she can certainly can choose to do going forward. I don't think Seju is evil yet. I think we will learn more of her personality in the next chapters.

last edited at Sep 24, 2015 4:21PM

joined Apr 20, 2015

I don't think of Seju as evil, but I do call her for being manipulative for whatever she's planning when she was pushing Sumin towards Sungji in the early chapters, and that conversation she had with Sungji in the office in chapter 13/14 (?).

About the claiming of Sumin as an object, I don't see it like that. Yes, she has this weird, unhealthy possessive streak regarding Sumin, but I can understand her point of view. Her family is horrible so she grew up emotionally warped and she clung to the first person to ever show her a bit of love, Sumin. She's always considered Sumin her family, whatever "family" means to her (familial love, romantic love, both, something else?). And now, they're even more similar to each other, one who can't love and one who's lost the ability to love. They're birds of a feather. Granted, Seju's cheating and the dude made Sumin that way. But it's small wonders Seju thinks the way she does, "Look, we're such wretched creatures that I'm the only one for you...." That's just sad.

@ jmv, yeah Sumin isn't an object to claim, but she has been returning to Seju's bed for the past decade by her own will. I do wonder about that though. She was all drop-dead/screw-your-face/you-can-die-in-a-ditch-for-all-I-care towards Seju right after the accident, but she seeks out Seju time and time again. Why? Familiarity? Because Seju was her first everything and forgetting is impossible? We'll need an explanation for that. But Sumin's actions doesn't help but further cement Seju's confidence that Sumin will eventually return to her side.
I agree that Seju is the one ultimately responsible for her own life and moving forward. I want her to for her own sake, but it's hard do so if Sumin keeps on coming back.

joined Aug 26, 2015

I'm feeling speechless. too much to say and think, but i really dont know where to start. Just that, no matter what, I stand by Seju. I change how I think about Sumin now. I also have a sense that she'll have a happy ending with Sungjj or someone else because she ,at least, never stops looking for love/ other people, which she finds Sungji. But for Seju, she only has one and only -Sumin.
P.s: Thank you @Halmoni for the translation.

last edited at Sep 24, 2015 5:27PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

About the claiming of Sumin as an object, I don't see it like that. Yes, she has this weird, unhealthy possessive streak regarding Sumin, but I can understand her point of view. Her family is horrible so she grew up emotionally warped and she clung to the first person to ever show her a bit of love, Sumin.

About the whole "object" thing, that's something that was implied in the dialogue. Even in English, it can be rude to call a person "mine", because the phrase is often associated with objects (I.e. saying she's mine instead of she's my girlfriend). The Korean phrase is the same except it's a bit more literal. It's not exactly a polite or respectful phrase to use for people, but it can be used for strong emphasis. Of course this is all heavily dependent on context. However in Seju's situation, I thought it was fitting because of its possible negative connotations + ties with strong emotions. I personally don't like or use it.

Although Sumin "voluntarily" goes back to Seju (sumin is an independent woman capable of rational thought vs. sumin is mentally/emotionally dependent on seju so she isn't returning to seju intentionally), I fail to see how victim blaming contributes to the discussion of her relationship with Seju.

last edited at Sep 24, 2015 5:43PM

joined Sep 24, 2015

Hi guys! Just wanted to pitch in my contribution to this discussion:

Firstly, I don't think Seju is an evil or bad manipulative person at all. Her whole life has been solely centred on Sumin -- and vice versa. They've been so dependent on each other, that Seju can't take not having Sumin being absent from her life. So she'll take her in any form she can. When they broke up, she got so depressed she buried herself in bed and never left the house because she doesn't have anyone but Sumin -- and even that person she loves, left her. But she has so much faith in her and Sumin, that she knows that deep in her heart that whatever they have together will never be just nothing. She waits every time for Sumin to come back to her after every girl she's been. Because she knows that she's the only one that Sumin can depend on and can rely on, and the only person Sumin can really be safe with and love. But she also knows that Sumin is scared -- scared to fully let go with her again. So she waits forever until she will. She's asked for forgiveness and it's valid. She made a one time mistake and she apologized and tried really hard and so all she could do now is wait.

Sumin has been making things difficult for her because of her fear. Hence their messed up relationship where Seju works to make Sumin happy but Sumin can't let her back into her life again for fear of all the past hurt happening again.

It's incredibly sad to read/watch. Seju has so much faith in them that she just needs her person fully back into her life. But Sumin is trying really hard to feel better again -- and Sungji is doing a really good job at doing that.

And it sucks a whole lot that Seju has to find out that Sumin's road to recovery isn't her, but Sungji. Because for Seju, it's always been Sumin.

Everyone is just so messed up, I just can't. Nobody is the evil villain. They're just trying their hardest to be happy -- and Seju just can't let go of the idea that the love of her life... might not want to be the love of her life anymore.

It's heartbreaking.

I just hope Seju will expand her horizons some more and learn that there is more to the world than Sumin. Once she does this, and clears her head some more... but still finds herself wanting Sumin at the end. Then okay! She's in the perfect position to fight for her and bring her into her new world where she can promise to make them happier than they've ever before with all the new things she's learned.

But I'm so conflicted!! I'm not on either Seju or Sungji's side, I just want everyone to live happily ever after already

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

PaleRider

Seju and Sumin have a very deep relationship, some times sorry isn't enough. I remember seeing in early chapters Sumin had these scratches, cuts, whatever they were all over her arm. Is the next chapter gonna show us how she got them?

I believe so, if it was the scratches then chapter 27 should show us how she got those. It must be that dude's fault >.>

Since I only read like the first couple of pages of chapter 26, was the guy Seju talking to the one from the bar?

No, I'm almost sure this guy is Seju's brother (he's the same guy from ch19). The bartender guy is long time gone and he better never return. You should read the whole thing.

Ok I'll read it. I just hope it the next chapter isn't up yet.. But it probably has been.

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

Is something wrong with the Lezhin app? What does the fox say is gone as well as most of the others I read. I got excited cause I had time to finally read it and it's gone.

Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Is something wrong with the Lezhin app? What does the fox say is gone as well as most of the others I read. I got excited cause I had time to finally read it and it's gone.

iOS is under maintenance so it's down. The PC site and android apps should be working.

@addicted03

I thought Seju had given up on love already. In the past, when she said she would wait, she most likely meant that she wanted things to go back to how they were before. But now, since that's obviously not possible anymore, she wants to maintain the status quo. Seju was the one who said Sumin can no longer receive or give love.

Because she knows that she's the only one that Sumin can depend on and can rely on, and the only person Sumin can really be safe with and love

She also states:
"Don't you think we were destined to be like this from the beginning?
Neither of us loving anyone, and just being the way we are."
So I don't think there's any real love involved in their current relationship, and Seju is aware of this.

Yes, even I would acknowledge that Seju is probably clinging onto Sumin because she was the only person who was really "family" to her. But rather than having faith in Sumin, I see it as Seju trying to have an iron grip on her. She wants (or believes that she already has) total ownership and control. And that's not the proper way to treat any human being, regardless of how shitty your family or past was.

last edited at Sep 25, 2015 8:53AM

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

Yes, even I would acknowledge that Seju is probably clinging onto Sumin because she was the only person who was really "family" to her. But rather than having faith in Sumin, I see it has Seju trying to have an iron grip on her. She wants (or believes that she already has) total ownership and control. And that's not the proper way to treat any human being, regardless of how shitty your family or past was.

And what made Seju that way?? Her love turned obsession towards Sumin. Just because Sumin was the victim we're neglecting what she did? Remember that nobody forces Sumin to come back to Seju. Yes, she's suffering. But they both are. Sumin drowned herself with other women(and made sure Seju's hearing it) then she came crawling back to Sumin, out of what, love? I think not. It was out of resentment. They're making out not because of love on Sumin's part and Seju's willing to take it as long as she had Sumin by her side. I'll ask your statement back to you, "Is that also how you treat a human being regardless of how shitty your life was?" And it happened for sooo many years. Their messed up situation. They both allowed it to happen.

Now, Sumin's found Sungji and Seju's already tied with that situation to Sumin with her powerful statement "till we die". So Sumin is allowed to be happy and move on while Seju will be seen as the villain if she doesn't let it happen. Isn't it normal to fight what you just thought was yours(nobody owns somebody, yes. But her mentality turned that way already from their repetitive situation for the past years)? Her only world is Sumin and it will be taken away. I don't think Seju will just sit back down and let it happen. I'm prepared for the yandere mode. :P 90% tragedy and I'm only expecting 10% happy ending here. I'm still hoping for that 10% to happen.

last edited at Sep 25, 2015 2:21AM

joined Aug 26, 2015

Hi guys! Just wanted to pitch in my contribution to this discussion:

Firstly, I don't think Seju is an evil or bad manipulative person at all. Her whole life has been solely centred on Sumin -- and vice versa. They've been so dependent on each other, that Seju can't take not having Sumin being absent from her life. So she'll take her in any form she can. When they broke up, she got so depressed she buried herself in bed and never left the house because she doesn't have anyone but Sumin -- and even that person she loves, left her. But she has so much faith in her and Sumin, that she knows that deep in her heart that whatever they have together will never be just nothing. She waits every time for Sumin to come back to her after every girl she's been. Because she knows that she's the only one that Sumin can depend on and can rely on, and the only person Sumin can really be safe with and love. But she also knows that Sumin is scared -- scared to fully let go with her again. So she waits forever until she will. She's asked for forgiveness and it's valid. She made a one time mistake and she apologized and tried really hard and so all she could do now is wait.

Sumin has been making things difficult for her because of her fear. Hence their messed up relationship where Seju works to make Sumin happy but Sumin can't let her back into her life again for fear of all the past hurt happening again.

It's incredibly sad to read/watch. Seju has so much faith in them that she just needs her person fully back into her life. But Sumin is trying really hard to feel better again -- and Sungji is doing a really good job at doing that.

And it sucks a whole lot that Seju has to find out that Sumin's road to recovery isn't her, but Sungji. Because for Seju, it's always been Sumin.

Everyone is just so messed up, I just can't. Nobody is the evil villain. They're just trying their hardest to be happy -- and Seju just can't let go of the idea that the love of her life... might not want to be the love of her life anymore.

It's heartbreaking.

I just hope Seju will expand her horizons some more and learn that there is more to the world than Sumin. Once she does this, and clears her head some more... but still finds herself wanting Sumin at the end. Then okay! She's in the perfect position to fight for her and bring her into her new world where she can promise to make them happier than they've ever before with all the new things she's learned.

But I'm so conflicted!! I'm not on either Seju or Sungji's side, I just want everyone to live happily ever after already

OMG! I just wanna say thank you. You said exactly what I think. I just could'nt put them in words >"

last edited at Sep 25, 2015 2:53AM

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

No truer words have ever been spoken. sniffs

joined Aug 18, 2015

Seju/Sumin's relationship started to take a different turn after Seju slept with someone else. I think the relationship couldn't survive bc the cheating occurred during Sumin's worst time. The relationship between them was so messed up and shouldn't have continued the way that it did. What they had was not a normal relationship-they were just fk buddies as my co-worker usually put it. Idk, this type of relationship usually doesn't work out at the end unless both parties are on the same page and Seju/Sumin clearly weren't. While Sumin is moving toward the light at the end of the tunnel, Seju is stuck behind. That is where we are now. The past is history. How Seju choose to move forward is up to her. If Seju continues to insist things to stay the same as before, she would be in for a big disappointment. Life is constantly changing whether she likes it or not. It is going be a bad ending for all three parties if Seju doesn't move on. I think Sumin will be the one to help Seju. We all hope for a happy end.

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

While Sumin is moving toward the light at the end of the tunnel, Seju is stuck behind. That is where we are now. The past is history. How Seju choose to move forward is up to her. If Seju continues to insist things to stay the same as before, she would be in for a big disappointment. Life is constantly changing whether she likes it or not. It is going be a bad ending for all three parties if Seju doesn't move on. I think Sumin will be the one to help Seju. We all hope for a happy end.

Easier said than done. Seju is in the point of no return already. She might have been able to move on in the earlier part of their break-up but Sumin returned to her(not out of love though). And yes, Sumin is about to move forward now since she has Sungji but Seju doesn't have anyone except Sumin. And in her psychological state right now, she's beyond help except of course if it's Sumin. It's only fair enough that before Sumin could pursue Sungji, she should settle everything first with Seju whatever way possible since it was both their fault why their relationship is sooo messed up now.

last edited at Sep 25, 2015 9:12AM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

And what made Seju that way?? Her love turned obsession towards Sumin. Just because Sumin was the victim we're neglecting what she did? Remember that nobody forces Sumin to come back to Seju. Yes, she's suffering. But they both are. Sumin drowned herself with other women(and made sure Seju's hearing it) then she came crawling back to Sumin, out of what, love? I think not. It was out of resentment. They're making out not because of love on Sumin's part and Seju's willing to take it as long as she had Sumin by her side. I'll ask your statement back to you, "Is that also how you treat a human being regardless of how shitty your life was?" And it happened for sooo many years. Their messed up situation. They both allowed it to happen.

Now, Sumin's found Sungji and Seju's already tied with that situation to Sumin with her powerful statement "till we die". So Sumin is allowed to be happy and move on while Seju will be seen as the villain if she doesn't let it happen. Isn't it normal to fight what you just thought was yours(nobody owns somebody, yes. But her mentality turned that way already from their repetitive situation for the past years)? Her only world is Sumin and it will be taken away. I don't think Seju will just sit back down and let it happen. I'm prepared for the yandere mode. :P 90% tragedy and I'm only expecting 10% happy ending here. I'm still hoping for that 10% to happen.

I could ask you the same questions. What caused Sumin to go around and sleep with other women for the sake of revenge? Seju also had the choice of not sleeping with Sumin, but she did so anyways. Nobody forced Seju to do so. Obviously Sumin didn't go back to Seju because of love. Like I've already said, they don't/can't love each other anymore, and they both know this.

They're making out not because of love on Sumin's part and Seju's willing to take it as long as she had Sumin by her side

I think you're missing something there. They have sex because of...? Resentment? With the way you're phrasing it, "Seju's willing to take on Sumin's hate/emotional unstability/whatever your reason was", it sounds very patronizing towards Sumin. I'm not saying that Sumin is fault-free. But I absolutely do not view present Seju as someone who's faithfully just staying by Sumin's side. When they have sex, I think of it more as Seju reminding Sumin "You belong to me, and you always will. Nothing will change". Because that's what Seju wants. I hardly think of it as Seju "taking on" Sumin's hate or whatever.

Sumin drowned herself with other women(and made sure Seju's hearing it)

What did you expect Sumin to do? Let everything settle down peacefully and forgive Seju? Although it does seem somewhat immature, there's nothing wrong with letting your ex know that you're sleeping with others. That's how Sumin was trying to cope with the situation. It's natural to feel angry or resentful after the person you trusted most in the world betrays you.

Isn't it normal to fight what you just thought was yours(nobody owns somebody, yes. But her mentality turned that way already from their repetitive situation for the past years)? Her only world is Sumin and it will be taken away.

I don't care what Seju had to go through, it doesn't justify her controlling attitude over Sumin in my opinion. Sumin already had her whole world taken away when her parents passed away and Seju cheated on her. And now she's trying to build a new one with Sungji. Is it fair for Seju to take that away from Sumin again? Ultimately, your perspective on the situation ("it's Sumin's fault for going back" or "it's Seju's fault for perpetuating this whole situation") is going to determine whether you sympathize with Seju or Sumin more.

last edited at Sep 25, 2015 9:35AM

Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

Sumin back from Seju because as Seju herself admits: "Was exhausted from no longer being able to give or receive any love.

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

I could ask you the same questions. What caused Sumin to go around and sleep with other women for the sake of revenge? Seju also had the choice of not sleeping with Sumin, but she did so anyways. Nobody forced Seju to do so. Obviously Sumin didn't go back to Seju because of love. Like I've already said, they don't/can't love each other anymore, and they both know this.

That was some intense revenge. What exactly Seju did to be treated that way? Because he slept with a man for one time(that we clearly know Seju regretted so much)? Wow.
As I've said, she wants Sumin back in her life and she's willing to wait even if it takes her forever(which became tainted along the line-can be compared to Homura when she became devil in Madoka Magica xD). So she'll have whatever it takes. And I could say that Seju let it happen because she loves Sumin but it became toxic as time went on.

I think you're missing something there. They have sex because of...? Resentment? With the way you're phrasing it, "Seju's willing to take on Sumin's hate/emotional unstability/whatever your reason was", it sounds very patronizing towards Sumin. I'm not saying that Sumin is fault-free. But I absolutely do not view present Seju as someone who's faithfully just staying by Sumin's side. When they have sex, I think of it more as Seju reminding Sumin "You belong to me, and you always will. Nothing will change". Because that's what Seju wants. I hardly think of it as Seju "taking on" Sumin's hate or whatever.

Exactly that is "present" Seju. And the present Seju is the result of their repetitive action- Sumin's strings of sexual relationship then go back to Seju.Of course Seju will think that way because Sumin keeps on coming back to her. It's just like classical conditioning. And how come Seju taking on Sumin patronizing? Isn't it the other way around. Isn't the one being humiliated here is Seju because Sumin is having her revenge thingy?

Sumin drowned herself with other women(and made sure Seju's hearing it)

What did you expect Sumin to do? Let everything settle down peacefully and forgive Seju? Although it does seem somewhat immature, there's nothing wrong with letting your ex know that you're sleeping with others. That's how Sumin was trying to cope with the situation. It's natural to feel angry or resentful after the person you trusted most in the world betrays you.

All the blame really comes down to Seju.lol "You're most trusted person betrayed you." Why was Sumin "betrayed" in the first place anyway? Sumin was the first one who blamed Seju for the death of her parents, how would someone feel about that? Seju loves Sumin so much then blame her over her parents death? Seju was not thinking clearly that time and made one-time huge mistake(again, which she truly regrets). Then you're justifying what Sumin's doing to Seju because Sumin is the "only" one in pain, she's the "only" one suffering so its alright. That's funny.

I don't care what Seju had to go through, it doesn't justify her controlling attitude over Sumin in my opinion. Sumin already had her whole world taken away when her parents passed away and Seju cheated on her. And now she's trying to build a new one with Sungji. Is it fair for Seju to take that away from Sumin again? Ultimately, your perspective on the situation ("it's Sumin's fault for going back" or "it's Seju's fault for perpetuating this whole situation") is going to determine whether you sympathize with Seju or Sumin more.

"Controlling attitude" lol are you serious? In what way is she controlling Sumin? I didn't know Sumin was dumb enough to be controlled. Sumin keeps coming back to Seju on her own accord for revenge and the result of it turned Seju to be obssess over her. And you're even the one who told earlier that Sumin doesn't want to settle this peacefully in the first place and this is the result of her action. And now, you're expecting Seju to walk back away quietly? That wouldn't make any sense.
If only Sumin relied on Seju when her parents died, none of these will be happening anyway. Or when Sumin just dump Seju completely after the cheating part, her route with Sungji would have been easier. But they're on the rougher path already. And this is not Seju taking the chance away from Sumin but it should/must be Seju and Sumin settling the mess they made down and clear this path together for all of them to be able move forward. And true, we might have different perspective but it's not because I symphatize with Seju or Sumin more. I'm just trying to analyze the situation in the most logical way possible.

last edited at Sep 25, 2015 12:25PM

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

I want the next chapter ;.; how can they drop it on such a cliffhanger ;.;. I feel so bad for both Sumin and Seju but i really dont want Sumin to go back with her ;.;. Sumin seems happier now with Sungji (and both of them are so fucking adorable );.;. But then Seju is miserable ;.;. I feel like she might end up committing suicide O.O. This manga is killing me ;.;

last edited at Sep 25, 2015 11:54AM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Seju wanted to help Sumin but Sumin keeps pushing her away, and not just that, she blames Seju for the death of her parents. “It’s your fault that my parents are dead” is not something easy to take especially when the one blaming you is the person dear to you, your girlfriend. Sumin’s behaviour made Seju feel insecure and afraid that Sumin was going to cut her off of her life, which explains her reaction when she saw Sumin not wearing the ring (Don’t know what that ring meant to them). It made her even more sure that Sumin was going to dump her. And then Seju made the biggest mistake in her entire life that she is still paying for until today. They broke up, Seju fell into depression, and Sumin was doing pretty well trying to move on. Everything was okay up til here. Shit started to hit the fan thanks that fucking guy, whoever he is (Seju’s dad’s right hand?). He made the situation between Sumin and Seju worse. I tried re-reading chapter 26 over and over again and the only thing Seju asked that guy to do was to leave and never come see her again. Never once did she ask him to do something to Sumin. That guy did what he did because he is probably obessed with Seju (?) and was angry at Sumin because she hurt his precious Seju (“I’m the one who gave her her name” statement shows that he has known Seju since she was born (?) ). And of course, Sumin blames Seju again for that, even when it’s not Seju’s doing. Everything bad happened to her because of Seju, maybe that’s how Sumin sees it, I’m not sure. After that horrible incident, Sumin started her revenge on Seju, she started going wild. Not after she broke up with Seju. So if there’s a person I would put the blame on for this messed up situation, It’s that mysterious guy.

What I still don’t understand though is why did Sumin came back to Seju’s arms? At the hospital, she told Seju to just go and die. But sometime after her wounds healed, before she got that tattoo, she came back crawling to Seju, and was telling Seju about her recent break up?(Chapter 14 if I’m not mistaken) what made her come back? And it was shown that they were already on good terms with each other (?). but the timeline shown in chapter 27 kind of confused me, because I got the impression that Sumin only came back to Seju after she got the tattoo. But maybe the scene was not put together in order. I was also kind of wondering if Sumin would’ve still came back to Seju if that incident never happened.

Anyway, at this point, I’ll pretty much settle for whoever Sumin ends up with whether it’s our precious Sungji or Seju. All I wish the author would do is to not just give Sumin a happy ending but to also save Seju from destruction. Although somehow I can see this story ending in tragedy, let’s just hope for a happy ending for all of them xD

joined Aug 18, 2015

Easier said than done.

Yep, it is usually easier said than done. However, it is not impossible, speaking from experience haha. Everyone has something that called Will.

Seju is in the point of no return already.

Why so pessimistic? why can't she let go and move on? what'd she accomplish by continue going down the same destructive road? If Seju is really crazy, then I have no opinion

Seju doesn't have anyone except Sumin

For the time being, yes. I wonder why that is. Seju might be able to find someone who can actually bring her happiness if she is willing to venture outside the box.

last edited at Sep 25, 2015 8:42PM

joined Apr 20, 2015

What I still don’t understand though is why did Sumin came back to Seju’s arms? At the hospital, she told Seju to just go and die. But sometime after her wounds healed, before she got that tattoo, she came back crawling to Seju, and was telling Seju about her recent break up?(Chapter 14 if I’m not mistaken) what made her come back? And it was shown that they were already on good terms with each other (?). but the timeline shown in chapter 27 kind of confused me, because I got the impression that Sumin only came back to Seju after she got the tattoo. But maybe the scene was not put together in order. I was also kind of wondering if Sumin would’ve still came back to Seju if that incident never

Ah, you worded it much better than I did in my post. Sumin more or less cut off all contact with Seju after they broke up, was planning a fresh start, etc. Yet she still comes looking for Seju after every relationship of hers failed. Until Sumin gives a proper explanation for why she keeps on doing so (and it seems like she herself doesn't even know why--chapter 14), then the debate on whether Sumin has agency vs Seju's controlling her isn't ever gonna end.

Seju doesn't have anyone except Sumin

For the time being, yes. I wonder why that is. I don't see why Seju cannot move on. Seju might be able to find someone who can actually bring her happiness. Though she got to do it for herself.

Seju can't move on if Sumin keeps on coming back. It's like what NozoEli_trash says, if Sumin just made a clean cut back when they first broke up, then it would've been easier for the both of them to move on. Now if Sumin never contacts her again after that, and Seju is still stuck on the "I'll wait for you forever/the two of us until we die" mentality, then I can say that Seju's misfortunes is her own fault. But the issue here is Sumin keeps on returning, and that just gives Seju false hope and her thinking "she will always return to me, etc."

joined Jul 25, 2015

My god, I don't get the whole "Seju can't get over Sumin cos she keeps coming back for more" argument. It's time for one of those classic phrases...."It takes two to tango"! If Seju really wanted to move on then she could have refused Sumin.

To me, Seju seems so self-centred. That scene where she says "It's already been a month" in reference to Sumin's parents death seemed to me more like "It's already been a month, now forget about it and turn your attention back to me". If anyone has been unfortunate to lose someone close to them then you will know that a month is not enough time to mourn.

Also, the "she only cheated once, she deserves another chance" argument is ridiculous. It devalues the whole point of a relationship. And Seju wasn't completely hammered when she slept with that guy...Sumin called her out by mentioning the security guard. Sure, Sumin is no angel but Seju pushed her to be that way.

Sigh rant over.

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

My god, I don't get the whole "Seju can't get over Sumin cos she keeps coming back for more" argument. It's time for one of those classic phrases...."It takes two to tango"! If Seju really wanted to move on then she could have refused Sumin.

This is funny. It's a very one-sided opinion. You should look at both sides. What do you think Seju would expect to do? She's very in love with Sumin so I don't see any reason for Seju to refuse her. Sumin coming back for whatever reason she has(probably not out of love) while Seju took it out of love(which became tainted as time passed by).

To me, Seju seems so self-centred. That scene where she says "It's already been a month" in reference to Sumin's parents death seemed to me more like "It's already been a month, now forget about it and turn your attention back to me". If anyone has been unfortunate to lose someone close to them then you will know that a month is not enough time to mourn.

So your parents died, and you'll refuse to rely on your gf which is the only one you had?? Very sensible. Are you forgetting that Seju is the one who organized the said trip for Sumin's parents? It's not Seju asking her attention back, it is Seju clarifying if Sumin's blaming her for her parents death which Sumin made clear that she is even without saying a thing.

Also, the "she only cheated once, she deserves another chance" argument is ridiculous. It devalues the whole point of a relationship. And Seju wasn't completely hammered when she slept with that guy...Sumin called her out by mentioning the security guard. Sure, Sumin is no angel but Seju pushed her to be that way.

Sigh rant over.

How is it ridiculous? Then I'll also give you a classic catch phrase "love is sweeter the second time around." Lol
that is why it's a huge mistake in the part of Seju. She slept with a man which again and again she regretted a hell lot. But ok, Sumin can't forgive her for sleeping with a man. But then, why does she needs to come back to Seju? And that made things so difficult right now. Then all the blame goes to Seju only because Sumin is trying to move on already. K.
But hey (to Sumin), before moving on, why not settle first the mess you are in right now that you clearly brought upon yourself? But yes, you can just ditch Seju and move to Sungji(but that would be very horrible of you :P), and I don't think Seju will let you.*evil laugh* xD

Damn..can't wait for the next chapter.haha

last edited at Sep 26, 2015 9:05AM

Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

In Chapter 26, there are two steps a little obscure, Seju speaks of her birth under the insults and curses, who told it to her? The same man (bodyguard / brother) who has witnessed the birth and gave her the name?

"An irresponsible mom who died after she stubbornly gave birth in that cesspool where she heard everyone talking shit about her? If that sad excuse of a mom is watching over me from somewhere,Then I sure hope that "somewhere" is hell"

The father of Seju is good with Sumin e not good wit Seju? He considerate looking with Sumin in the circumstances of the death of her parents and in the aggression, apologizing for her daughter, but because for Seju and not to one of "his men" ?

In Chapter 26, when Sumin and Seju face off after the betrayal, Sumin tells her that if she was really drunk bodyguard would not leave her alone, (but if we suppose it is the same man who kidnapped Sumin, we know that night has not been involved because he wanted Seju went to bed with a man?)

I think between Sumin and Seju there was a great love, and that both have been frustrated, to the point of ruin each other's lives.I will assess the heart of Sumin her next moves:
Seju to say clearly that has feelings for Sunji (?)She could not tell her for fear (Seju is the president of the company).
Also it resists the control her sexual impulses until Sunji not be ready?

I would also like to know the parents of Sunji, they are dead? The link between these characters seem to have somewhat similar experiences of pain ...

last edited at Sep 26, 2015 5:58AM

joined Jul 27, 2015

I dont care what people say about seju. I'm still in seju's team no matter what.

So many hatred for seju here.lol
Maybe i have the answer for a question "why the hell sumin always come back to seju?" rather sumin realize it or not the one and only she has in this world is seju. No matter how she hate that idea but the truth is always hurt.
I find it ridiculous if sumin just came back to seju everytime just for sex not because she still love her.
The flashback is not done here, i cant wait for the detail for this 10years relationship of hell.

I dont care who is ended up with who. All i care is the happy end for seju, she really deserves it.

last edited at Sep 27, 2015 3:52AM

Let's%20see
joined Aug 13, 2014

People you can be on whatever team you like, Seju or Sungji it doesn't matter since no one is forcing you to like anyone :)

mikasamikasa77

I think between Sumin and Seju there was a great love, and that both have been frustrated, to the point of ruin each other's lives.I will assess the heart of Sumin her next moves:
Seju to say clearly that has feelings for Sunji (?)She could not tell her for fear (Seju is the president of the company).
Also it resists the control her sexual impulses until Sunji not be ready?

Mmm...You think so? To me it looks like Sumin aren't scared of Seju at all (the way she is talking to her) + she have lots of money already so it's not like she's poor and gonna lose everyting :) Seju was already asking Sumin if she taken liking to Sungji (ch9) so I believe she'll tell her.
Yes, Sumin is going slowly with Sungji and not gonna do her a thing until she is ready.
Same here, I wonder if Sungji's parents are dead also, there still are lots of question to answer.

last edited at Sep 26, 2015 12:20PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.